princess

Michael Douglas & Catherine Zeta-Jones

Michael Douglas' Son to Stand Trial for Drug Possession

Cameron Douglas was found with a syringe filled with liquid cocaine

October 19, 2007

Cameron Douglas, the son of Oscar-nominated actor Michael Douglas, will stand trial after all.

The 28-year-old was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, misdemeanor possession of a hypodermic needle and being under the influence of a controlled substance during a pre-trial hearing on Thursday, Oct. 18, report news sources.

His companion, Christopher Lane, 30, will face the first two charges. Both men will be arraigned on Nov. 16.

On July 22, Douglas and Lane were arrested when they were discovered by police officers in a car near a Carpintera, Calif., motel. In the vehicle's floorboard, officers found a syringe filled with liquid cocaine, of which Lane claimed ownership. Neither man was tested for sobriety.

Douglas, like his father and grandfather Kirk Douglas, is an actor, although his credits are far fewer. He costarred with both men in 2003's "It Runs in the Family." His other credits include the Jackie Chan vehicle "Mr. Nice Guy" and "National Lampoon's Adam and Eve."

Catherine Zeta-Jones Laughs Off Anorexia Rumors

Catherine Zeta-Jones is brushing off questions about her recent weight loss, saying she's merely exercising and eating well to keep her svelte figure.

The actress told PEOPLE she laughed when her husband, Michael Douglas, informed her that reports had surfaced suggesting she had an eating disorder. "Michael was laughing at me. He told me what [people had] said – that stories say I'm anorexic. Do I look anorexic?" she told PEOPLE Saturday at the Savannah Film Festival. "How could I ever, ever be anorexic?"

The actress, who joined her husband and their two children, Dylan, 7, and Carys, 4, at the Savannah College of Art and Design's 10th Annual Savannah Film Festival where Douglas was given a Lifetime Achievement Award for acting, said that her eating habits have simply changed a little.

In the past she was a "bread girl," she said, adding, "I looooove bread."
 But these days, "I'm just working out and not chomping down what I usually chomp down."

Zeta-Jones, wearing a black strapless dress at a festival afterparty, said she's concerned about the attention on women's weight. "There are many women [who are] maybe a little fragile, and it becomes a huge issue."

Douglas Jokes About Lifetime Achievement Award

Earlier in the evening, after viewing a montage of Douglas's film career, the actor thanked the Savannah Film Festival for the award. "As far as a lifetime achievement award goes, you always think, 'Have they talked to your doctor?'" he quipped.

He also thanked his father, Kirk Douglas, for his support, his mentor, Karl Malden, who starred with him in The Streets of San Francisco, and his mother, Diana. "My mother is an actress…[she's] not anywhere as famous as my father, but my mother always had such a love of acting, such a joy. It wasn't how successful she was in her career but how much she loved acting and that helped me a lot.

Douglas, 63, also joked about how his children are too young to know much about their father's career. "Dylan is 7 and Carys is 4. I don't have a movie that they can see. So up until tonight, they knew mommy is an actress and daddy makes pancakes. So thank you. Now they know what their father does."

CJZ Does Not Have An Eating Disorder

http://www.dlisted.com/

Posted Image

38-year-old Catherine Zeta-Jones swears she's not anorexic. People reports that CZJ's granddaddy, Michael Douglas, told her about media reports that she had an eating disorder.

CZJ said, "Michael was laughing at me. He told me what [people had] said – that stories say I'm anorexic. Do I look anorexic?. How could I ever, ever be anorexic?"

She claims she's just been eating right and working out. BLAH.

Who ever said this chick was anorexic? Age-liar maybe, but anorexic? Naw. She looks perfectly fine for a 45-year-old woman.

Zeta-Jones Reportedly Quits 'Nine' Movie

Catherine Zeta-Jones has reportedly pulled out of "Chicago" director Rob Marshall's film adaptation of the musical "Nine" after falling out with the filmmaker.

The Welsh actress was slated to appear as Claudia, the luscious star and muse to on-screen director, Guido Contini, in the film, but sources claim she was unhappy with her small role.

The New York Daily News reports, "The strong-willed actress won't be in the movie adaptation of the hit Broadway musical -- allegedly because director Rob Marshall wouldn't give in to her demand to beef up her role.

"Marshall is said to have politely told her the script couldn't be changed so dramatically."

Real-life lovers Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz will star in the film, while French actress Marion Cotillard and Sophia Loren also appear in the cast.

Catherine Zeta-Jones Works The Mustard And Ketchup

Posted Image

Look at this condiment art direction. Contrast! Catherine Zeta-Jones left her old husband for the day to snip the red ribbon at the brandy new Elizabeth Arden retail store on Fifth Avenue. Zeta-Jones was also scheduled to have breakfast with beauty editors and discuss Arden's new lipstick line. What these people will do for a check.

Well, she's padding the nest. If hubby strokes out like his Dads, they might have to sell some of their holdings if he can't work anymore. So Catherine's just being wily. I credit her. I credit her with choosing the wrong shade of jacket as well. She looks like Ronald McDonald's successful older sister who left the family business to go into marketing.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Don't know why but these pics made me think of Natalie Woods.

I agree CZJ is not exacty the best actress under the sun but I loved her in Chicago. :)

Don't know why but these pics made me think of Natalie Woods.

I think it's the eyelashes! Plus, a fine balance of innocence and knowing in her expression. They're very nice photos!

She looks very pretty. Almost innocent. ;) She can look so beautiful at times, and others, not so much. I think her hairstyle doesn't always flatter her.

That's nowhere near every inch his age - he's had more surgery than Cher. Well, okay, not really but then so few have had more surgery than our beloved Cher. Still, remember those old pics of Douglas' facelift scars gaping open? Eww. At least they've healed up.

That's a hell of a case of rosacea he's got going. Too much drinking, drugs and whoring around all those years, not to mention too much sun in his tax haven legal residence of Bermuda.

ETA: I forgot to agree that he's looking as old as Methuzelah - he is aging rapidly despite his surgeries.

Edited by hedda_louella

That's nowhere near every inch his age - he's had more surgery than Cher. Well, okay, not really but then so few have had more surgery than our beloved Cher. Still, remember those old pics of Douglas' facelift scars gaping open? Eww. At least they've healed up.

That's a hell of a case of rosacea he's got going. Too much drinking, drugs and whoring around all those years, not to mention too much sun in his tax haven legal residence of Bermuda.

Haha! Boy, am I glad you're back!

There just has always been something really unattractive to me when I see photos of very wrinkly men OR women wearing leather.

He would make a nice couple with that woman MFs-mom posted a while back in the Brangelina thread.

CZJ must either be "very much in love" or very much in love with his name and fame.

I actually had a little crush on him years ago when he starred in "A Chorus Line" and "Fatal Attraction."

What was I thinking? :blink:

You were thinking that 20 years ago, when he made those movies, he looked a lot better ;) I too love him in A Chorus Line :unsure:

I actually had a little crush on him years ago when he starred in "A Chorus Line" and "Fatal Attraction."

You were thinking that 20 years ago, when he made those movies, he looked a lot better ;) I too love him in A Chorus Line :unsure:

I had a crush on him during The Streets of San Francisco he was hot when he was young. Now he's just a hot mess.

Ted mentioned CZJ showing her true age in today's column. Wasn't there a BI a few years ago about an actress that was 10 years older than what she claimed? Can't find it but know I saw it. I think many people thought it was CZJ.

Ted mentioned CZJ showing her true age in today's column. Wasn't there a BI a few years ago about an actress that was 10 years older than what she claimed? Can't find it but know I saw it. I think many people thought it was CZJ.

Both CZJ and Sharon Stone shave off about 10 years. I remember the BI you're talking about but I can't remember which 10-years-older chick was the answer.

Both CZJ and Sharon Stone shave off about 10 years. I remember the BI you're talking about but I can't remember which 10-years-older chick was the answer.

LOL! Sharon Stone allegedly turned 50 this week. I couldn't stop laughing. She's got to be over 55 for sure. Well preserved, but older nonetheless.

CZJ is probably in her late 40's.

CZJ is probably in her late 40's.

When she first hit the scene, she was reported to be youmger than me and I was shocked. Then within a few years she was suddenly older than me. It was very odd. But really - where are the high school year books. They have them in Wales, right? Can't someone just show her big bushy eyebrowed photos and come clean with it?

I had a crush on him during The Streets of San Francisco he was hot when he was young. Now he's just a hot mess.

And Wall Street.