princess

Michael Douglas & Catherine Zeta-Jones

Posted Image

HERE'S LOOKING AT YOU

Catherine Zeta-Jones can't keep her eyes off hubby Michael Douglas while working the red carpet Monday at the Film Society of Lincoln Center's 40th Annual Chaplin Awards Gala in New York City.

She looks really skinny and unhealthy (for her). She has always looked good with some curves. This picture of Michael Douglas makes me sad. He was sex on a stick in Romancing the Stone. It just doesn't seem like it was that long ago. I hate to say this, but he isn't aging as well as his father did.

She looks really skinny and unhealthy (for her). She has always looked good with some curves. This picture of Michael Douglas makes me sad. He was sex on a stick in Romancing the Stone. It just doesn't seem like it was that long ago. I hate to say this, but he isn't aging as well as his father did.

Agree with everything you've said here.

so....CJZ's vajajay causes cancer? :rolleyes:

I think his point was that he was promiscuous (a "sex addict") so who knows who gave him HPV?

*sigh* My attempt at snarkiness has failed dismally. *heavy heavy sigh*

Everyone has or has had HPV - Maybe not the cancer strain one - but some sort don't they?

My dad had a cancerous squalmous cell taken from his face, and then they traced it to his throat and he had throat cancer as well. Since he doesn't fit the prototype of the other leading causes, smoking, drinking, etc - they said it was probably from HPV.

From what I understand, it doesn't necessarily come from oral sex, but it can. It can also come from vanilla vaginal/anal sex. So for Michael to come out with the oral sex is just plain attention getting.

Squalmous Cell Carcinoma

I know it's Wikipedia - but I think it is ok :)

Edited by branchop

Sorry, I got the snarkiness but I have strong feelings about HPV....Sorry :unsure:

From a research perspective, it's fascinating! There are many strains, and some are linked to cancer - different strains in different countries (which is why the vaccine - developed for the strains prevalent in the US - isn't necessarily a good fit for other countries) Some people get HPV and clear the virus on their own. Others don't. I'm totally not a doctor so I don't understand half the talks I've gone to on the subject, but I do try to learn ;-)

No worries it is a serious subject --He also send it this:

http://www.examiner.com/article/actor-mich...sed-by-oral-sex

I did worry if the stress caused by my son's incarceration didn't help trigger it. But yeah, it's a sexually transmitted disease that causes cancer. And if you have it, cunnilingus is also the best cure for it."

btw this is the most intelligent comment by a celebrity on their disease, ever

"Head and neck cancer can be caused by many things including HPV (human papillomavirus) virus, smoking, alcohol, drug abuse, genes, environment and stress," Douglas said. "I do not know what caused my cancer. If I did I'd have a Nobel Prize. I do know that I am here today because of incredible advances in cancer research and treatment. Early awareness is a key factor. If this episode contributes to public awareness all the better. And just so we all understand, I think we would all love to know where our cancer comes from. I simply, to a reporter, tried to give a little PSA announcement about HPV, a virus that can cause oral cancer, and is one of the few areas of cancer that can be controlled and there are vaccinations that kids can get. So that was my attempt."

And if you have it, cunnilingus is also the best cure for it."

ummm, how can that be and wouldn't that then spread it to the partner, assuming it was a different partner?

Totally agree! (get your kids the vaccination, great PSA!)

Daughter Number 1(age 22) - check

Daughter Number 2 (age 13)- last dose this month

Daugher Number 3 (age 11) - first dose this month

Friends ask me about this one and I said "I'm pretty sure my daughters are going to eventually have sex. If I can prevent them from having cancer because of having sex - then wouldn't I be irresponsible not to have them vaccinated?"

• Like 1

Friends ask me about this one and I said "I'm pretty sure my daughters are going to eventually have sex. If I can prevent them from having cancer because of having sex - then wouldn't I be irresponsible not to have them vaccinated?"

• Like 1

its a great answer and a shame that idiots even question it.

its a great answer and a shame that idiots even question it.

Thank you! Unfortunately I don't have any boys- don't get me started on the unfairness of that :D - and was aware that there was talk about vaccinating boys didn't know it was available. Going off on a slight tangent - most of my friends are the parents of my daughter's friends, and strangely enough most of them have girls only as well. I dabbled in the boy world this winter going to my nephew's wrestling matches. I met a whole group of women that live in my area that never knew existed - because they have boys. Anyone else experience this phenomenon?

Michael Douglas on Catherine Zeta-Jones: 'We're Working Things Out'

By Stephen M. Silverman

09/23/2013 at 06:30 PM EDT

people.com

Sunday was sweet for Michael Douglas, who capped his evening clutching an Emmy for lead actor in a movie, HBO's Liberace biopic Behind the Candelabra.

Going into the ceremony, Douglas, 68, whose separation from wife Catherine Zeta-Jones, was announced in August, told PEOPLE: "We're working things out, talking, and we'll see how she goes."

On the Emmy stage, he affectionately referred to her, saying, "I want to thank my wife, Catherine, for her support."

Keep up with Catherine Zeta-Jones in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.

Besides his two young children – ages 10 and 13 – with Zeta-Jones, Douglas also acknowledged son Cameron Douglas, 34, who is currently in prison on a drug charge.

"Shout out to my oldest son, Cameron, and hoping that I'll be able and they'll allow me to see him soon," Douglas said.

1210-sub-kirk-douglas-launch-ap-4.jpg

Kirk Douglas I'm Still Spartacus! Celebrates 100th Birthday

12/10/2016 8:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kirk Douglas celebrated hitting the century mark, surrounded by a several generations of family and Hollywood friends at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

The Hollywood legend partied with his wife, his son Michael and Catherine Zeta-Jones, their kids, Steven Spielberg, Don Rickles and many more Friday night.

No word if the guests each stood up and yelled, "I'm Kirk Douglas!" -- but that would've been cool. Happy 100th!

Fun fact: The Beverly Hills Hotel opened 4 years before Kirk was born.