princess

Michael Douglas & Catherine Zeta-Jones

rosiedemarioJohn Leslie has broken his media silence on old flame Catherine Zeta-Jones...Could it be the former Blue Peter presenter still holds a candle for his A-list former lady?"She was stunning. The most beautiful woman I've ever seen. There was nothing to compare to her," says John of his first meeting with the now Mrs Michael Douglas."We talked and there was a lot of yin and yang and mutual attraction."He also reveals that the cheeky Welsh lass, who wasn't at that stage the massive star she is now, answered his request for a date by saying "call my agent".When asked if Catherine was "the one", John confesses: "Everyone thinks she was."I certainly miss being in love with someone," he adds.Catherine was, John says, "very supportive" during his recent turmoils, as was hubby Michael who John claims "hates the British press as well". [sky]

Interview Pitts Douglas vs. Brangelina, NY Daily News

Posted Image

Well, well, Michael Douglas certainly has some opinions about celebrity romances.

"I don't know about Brad Pitt," says Douglas, "leaving that beautiful woman [Jennifer Aniston] to go hold orphans for Angelina [Jolie]. I mean how long is that going to last?"

It's an odd comment, coming from someone who himself is a "Messenger of Peace" for the United Nations. Pitt's rep declined to fire back, but let's hope that UN goodwill ambassador Jolie shows him some diplomatic immunity.

Brad and Angelina aren't the only couple Douglas evaluates in the new issue of GQ.

Though he denies reports that he spurned treatment for sex addiction, the 61-year-old divorcé credits current wife Catherine Zeta-Jones with saving him from a meaningless bachelorhood.

"You learn to respect something of value and nurture it and treat it well," he says. "I mean, don't ask me what happened with Renee Zellweger [and her short-lived husband Kenny Chesney]. I don't know how you get married for four months. And Julia [Roberts] with Lyle [Lovett]. There must be some incredible things you find out one night. I mean, I don't know."

No question he communicates — constantly — with Zeta-Jones. The actress, who has the same ring-tone as on her T-Mobile commercials, calls him at least four times during his interview with GQ's Jeanne Marie Laskas, and once when he's giving a speech at the United Nations.

At the UN, he turns off his own phone's ringer, but later tells her "I was gonna … put you on the microphone. … If Mrs. [Kofi] Annan wasn't there, maybe I would have."

Safe in his domestic bliss, the star of the forthcoming "The Sentinel" still remembers doing his famous sex scenes in "Basic Instinct," "Fatal Attraction" and "Disclosure."

"I'd always go, 'Okay, I'm going to touch your breast here,' so it was never like, 'Hey what's going on?' I mean, you make a lady comfortable."

His screen romp with Sharon Stone may have sapped his energy for the "Basic Instinct" sequel.

"When Sharon and I did the f— of the century — it was eight days," he recalls. "It was tough. It was exhausting."

ETA the pic that came with the article

Edited by niobe

catherine without the airbrushing

Posted Image

Hell yeah she is in her 40s. Im convinced after that pic. The only thing that ever threw me about her age is that her parents didnt look too old at her wedding to have someone her age, at least her mom didnt. I cant really remember her dad.

Im 33 and I have no wrinkles of any kind and Im told all the time I look 20's. Yeah.... but I work with many gals around my age or older and they dont look as bad in the eye area as Catherine.

She looks really good for in her 40s and unairbrushed--wish there were more photos of her like that! I've always liked the way she looks....(curvy, etc)

I'm 43 and my eye area still looks better than CZJ's, but then I've also seen people that are younger and whose eye areas look worse. I guess genetics and life style have a lot to do with it.

SHe actually looks pretty good IMO. Big pours, but clean skin (although check out the caked on makup!) and pretty good looking. She's not studio magic like Britney Spears, Cameron Diaz, etc. Anyone ever seen her in person??

Page SixSIGHTINGSMICHAEL Douglas slamming $6 down on the counter of a shoeshine stand on Fifth Avenue at 53rd Street and saying, "Excuse me," when he didn't get the immediate attention he was expecting . .

Michael Douglas: US men are girly Michael Douglas has taken a swipe at American men - for being too girly.The Hollywood heavyweight - who is married to Welsh beauty Catherine Zeta-Jones - says modern males spend too much time grooming and pampering themselves to be real men.He is quoted in Scotland's Daily Record newspaper as saying: "Young guys are somewhat androgynous and use cosmetics. The lines seem to be getting much closer."The 61-year-old also admitted he's fed up of young actors hero-worshipping him.He said: "I'm getting tired of this sort of respectfulness they give me. When they start calling me Mr. Douglas, I'm like, 'Hey! Shut the f**k up!'"Meanwhile, Douglas recently sparked speculation he'd had a face-lift - after he was photographed with scars next to his ears.The star was pictured leaving a restaurant with Zeta-Jones, who is 25 years his junior, with a plaster next to his left ear and a weeping wound by his right one. An onlooker at Barbados' Cliff eatery said at the time: "Michael looked like he had cuts around his ears. He looked very strange."

Saw him last night, sans Zeta-Jones, at an "Adopt a Landmine" benefit they were hosting at the United Nations. Would love to have something juicy to tell but he looked GREAT and despite all the surgery rumors and bandages, his crowes feet seemed perfectly age appropriate. Very eloquent speaker, too.

LOL, we know have ChitChatters stalking celebs to verify plastic surgury reports. :lol: Thanks for the sighting report WitchyPoo! B)

(People.com)Douglas: I Was Misquoted on Brad & AngelinaBy Stephen M. Silverman Michael Douglas is now saying he was misquoted by a magazine that said he made inflammatory remarks about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. "I don't know about Brad Pitt, leaving that beautiful wife to go hold orphans for Angelina," Douglas, referring to Jennifer Aniston, is quoted as saying in the current GQ magazine. "I mean, how long is that going to last?" However Douglas says he never uttered those statements. Douglas tells TV's Extra: "It was a lengthy article … must've been 20 hours of tape recording, so I asked to hear the tape recording, and the reporter said, 'Well, I turned the tape recorder off.' And I said, 'Well you had it on for the whole time so I didn't say it.'" Douglas, who is promoting his new movie The Sentinel, also says he dispatched a personal apology to Pitt and Jolie. "I consider him a good friend," Douglas says, "and she does wonderful work for the United Nations, which is what I'm also involved in ...There's just a lot of pressure on the print media and they get to kind of exploitative quotes to try to attract people for their circulation, so it was unfortunate." In the magazine article, Douglas, 61, also takes aim at Renee Zellweger and Julia Roberts: "I mean, don't ask me what happened with Renee Zellweger. I don't know how you get married for four months. And Julia with Lyle." (Zellweger annulled her four-month marriage to country singer Kenny Chesney last fall, while Roberts divorced singer-songwriter Lyle Lovett in 1995 after a two-year marriage.) As for his own marriage to Catherine Zeta-Jones, 36, now in its sixth year, Douglas says he's "been fortunate. You learn to respect something of value and nurture it and treat it well."

Michael Douglas is admitting that his age is keeping him from certain roles. “In ‘The Sentinel,’ I started to deal with hamstring pulls and all of that, so I am looking for more professorial roles,” the 61-year-old “Wall Street” star told London’s Evening Standard. “Particularly when you have a younger bride, you’ve got to be careful that you recognize the realities of how old you are and that you are not pretending to be anything other than that.” His wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones, is 36. When asked what he thought of “Basic Instinct 2,” the much-ridiculed sequel to the 1992 film he made with Sharon Stone, Douglas smiled and replied, “I haven’t seen it, so I’m off the hook.”

Aw, now that he's 61, he has to stop taking leading man roles? I and every other female who was precluded from auditioning for leading lady roles after we turned about 27 feel sooooo sorry for him. :rolleyes: LOL :lol:

Trust no oneMichael Douglas isn’t taking any chances with reporters. The “Wall Street” star is so furious about an interview in which he was quoted as making snarky comments about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie that he’s taken to taping all his interviews.Douglas made a point of speaking into his own microphone while answering reporters’ questions while promoting his new film “The Sentinel.” “I’ve learned my lesson,” he said at a recent press junket. “I have to protect myself.” Douglas was quoted in GQ magazine last month as saying that he couldn’t understand why Brad Pitt would leave Jennifer Aniston for Angelina Jolie. He has denied making those comments — most of the interview was on tape, and he says he was told that the disputed part of the conversation wasn’t taped — but says he decided against suing the magazine because he didn’t want to bring more attention to the controversy. Douglas says he did, however, write letters explaining the situation to Pitt, Jolie and Aniston. “It's just not the kind of thing I would ever say,” he said, “and even after the piece was published, people called me up and said it just didn't sound like me.”Separately, Douglas says he may have a found a film to do with his wife, Catherine Zeta Jones — and unlike “Traffic” the two would actually appear in scenes together. The film is called “Racing the Monsoon” and is reminiscent of the romantic comedy he did with Kathleen Turner, “Romancing the Stone,” — although the romance wouldn’t be between the two of them. “[it’s] possibly something Catherine could do, although I would be the villain,” he said. “She’d have a different love interest.”

http://www.newwoman.co.uk/celeb/story.asp?id=9613

CZJ can't boil water

Catherine Zeta Jones can't boil water.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Michael Douglas - to whom she is betrothed - says CZJ is just a total, like nightmare in the kitchen.

Speaking of her role in upcoming flick Mostly Martha - in which the Welsh ma'am plays a chef - Michael quipped;

'It's probably her greatest performance ever.

'She's playing a chef and she can't boil water.'

Too harsh, Mikey. Too harsh.

I apologize in advance:

Michael Douglas is SexyMichael Douglas has revealed that he uses a Welsh accent to get Catherine Zeta-Jones ready for sex. In turn, the 61 year old actor, wants his Welsh wife to dress up in a nurse's outfit to return the favor. 2006-04-13 15:20:02http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Mic...ssion-9419.htmlMichael Douglas impersonates legendary actor Richard Burton to spice up his love life.The 61-year-old actor claims he adopts Burton's Welsh accent to get his wife Catherine Zeta-Jones, who was born in Wales, in the mood for love.He told US chat show host Jay Leno: "You close your eyes once in a while, put on a Richard Burton accent maybe - something from the home country - it gives a little variety, the spice of life."In return, Douglas said he would like his wife to dress up in a nurse's outfit in the future.This revelation comes 14 years after the 'Basic Instinct' star was treated for sex addiction.Douglas, who has a history of serial womanising, married Zeta-Jones, his second wife, in 2000 and they have two children, Dylan, five, and Carys, two.You close your eyes once in a while, put on a Richard Burton accent maybe - something from the home country - it gives a little variety, the spice of life."

CZJ in a nurses uniform? You'd think he'd feel like he was in the old folks home.

April 25, 2006Catherine Zeta-Jones loves T-MobileAdWeek has put together a list of the top ten celebrity endorsement deals, with Catherine Zeta Jones topping the list at $20 million from T-Mobile. The complete list is:1. Catherine Zeta-Jones, T-Mobile: $20 million2. Angelina Jolie, St. John: $12+ million3. Nicole Kidman, Chanel No. 5: $12 million4. Jessica Simpson, Guthy-Renker: $7.5 million5. Gwyneth Paltrow, Este Lauder: $6+ million6. Charlize Theron, Dior: $6 million7. Julia Roberts, Gianfranco Ferra: $5 million8. Brad Pitt, Heineken: $4 million9. Scarlett Johansson, L'Oreal: $4 million10. Penelope Cruz, L'Oreal: $4 millionI'm just glad these sons of bitches can make more money talking about a cell phone plan for 30 seconds than I'll ever make in my entire life.

SHADY GUY

Michael Douglas stops by the Late Show studio in New York City on Monday to chat about his role in You, Me and Dupree and his summer activities. Talk about TMI: The actor told David Letterman that he'd been stung by a jellyfish and 5-year-old son Dylan had to "pee-pee" on his back to help the pain.

Posted Image