princess

Animal Pics

Subject: Letter to pets (funny)Dear Dogs and Cats,The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The otherdishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print inthe middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming yourfood and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beatingme to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fallfaster than you can run.I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorryabout this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure yourcomfort. D ogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep.It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out tothe fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight outand having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If bysome miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is notnecessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your pawunder the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the samedoor I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years --canine orfeline attendance is not mandatory.The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat'sbehind. I cannot stress this enough!To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on ourfront door: All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets1. They live here. You don't.2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture(That's why they call it "fur"niture.)3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter whois short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Remember - Dogs and cats are better than kids because they:1. Eat less2. Don't ask for money all the time3 Are easier to train4. Usually come when called5. Never drive your car6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends7. Don't smoke or drink8. Don't worry about having to buy the latest fashions9. Don't wear your clothes10. Don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children

Urge California legislators to oppose lifting a ban on

kangaroo skins and kangaroo skin products:

https://community.hsus.org/campaign/CA_2006...wx8sgi62l535t58

Tell California lawmakers to protect pets in pet stores:

https://community.hsus.org/campaign/CA_2006...wx8sgi62f53jt5i

Sincerely,

Wayne Pacelle

President & CEO

The Humane Society of the United States

Oh wow. And I'd always heard that the one thing that separates humans from other animals is that we are not afraid of the vaccuum cleaner. That cat has clearly crossed the line. (note to self: make sure dog is still afraid of vacuum cleaner after recent sleeping-with-head-on-pillow incident).

popbitch.com

>> Hippo-hip hurrah! <<

Tsunami tragedy has happy ending

A baby hippo that survived the tsunami is

finally getting a new mother. Owen was swept

away when the tsunami struck the Kenyan coast

last Christmas, but was rescued by Haller Park

Sanctuary in Mombassa. Traumatised, the

hippo latched on to a male giant century-old

tortoise called Mzee, and pair bonded like

mother and son. Now, more than a year later

zoo staff have given up trying to do anything

to separate this odd couple so are introducing

a new hippo member to this family, Cleo,

to teach Owen hippo stuff.

Zoo keeper's blog

http://www.lafargeecosystems.com/main/blog.php

Owen and Mzee's photo story:

http://www.popbitch.com/pictures

Aug 4, 2006

Humane Society

Last night, the U.S. Senate passed two important animal protection measures: One will save pets during disasters, and the other will protect exotic species by closing the infamous "taxidermy tax scam" loophole.

These victories would not have been possible without your actions and support. By contacting your lawmakers or telling your friends and family about our legislative work, you have made a real and lasting impact on the lives of animals. Here are more details on last night's major wins for animals:

Victory for America's Pets (and their People)

The U.S. Senate unanimously approved its version of the Pets Evacuation and Transportation Standards (PETS) Act. The U.S. House of Representatives passed its version in May by an overwhelming vote. Congress has taken an important step in ensuring that Americans will never again be forced to leave their pets behind when disaster strikes, as happened during Hurricane Katrina.

The bill passed by the House calls for emergency preparedness plans to include consideration of people with pets and service animals before a disaster strikes. The Senate bill contains additional and strengthening provisions. The Humane Society of the United States supports both bills, but we hope the House will take up and approve the Senate version because it is more comprehensive. We are approaching the one-year mark of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, and hurricane season is upon us again. Final passage of the PETS Act will be a priority when Congress returns from recess in September.

Victory for Hunted Exotics (and Taxpayers)

For years, big game trophy hunters have been sticking American taxpayers with the bill for their hunting vacations. A two-year investigation by The HSUS revealed that some trophy hunters are shooting rare animals around the world and donating their mounted prizes to phony museums so that they can take a tax deduction. A comprehensive pensions bill passed last week by the House and last night by the Senate contains provisions that tighten the laws on charitable giving and closes this trophy hunting tax scam loophole.

There is nothing charitable about shooting rare animals and writing off the cost. Closing this loophole will help save rare wildlife around the world and save American taxpayers an estimated $43 million over the next decade.

LOVE the dog pic above, too funny!!

And the metal cat & fighting cat links ashley_hm2005 posted I love, sent link to a few of my friends! Posted Image