krysbabe

Anna Wintour

For Hephaiston:

The son is attractive, well from the tiny pictures I can see on WireImage. He looks kind of young. Jake's robbing the cradle? See, if he was walking to and fro from this dude's house and Austin's house and that snowboarder's house and Kiki's house, that would be quite the site to behold. But I don't think he is. Here's one of the family, the best one I can find:

Posted Image

Thanks Babloo! Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I sort of lost track of this thread.

He is a cutie--and he does look kind of young. :D

I think Wintour would beat a bitch's ass in ANY fight and look great doing it ;)Sorry, I've developed a new appreciation for her lately. ;)  At least she can dish it out AND take it.

Same here Soho.I'm sure when she stomped on some bitch that crossed her's ass...her hair would be perfect and undamaged. Plus, I will always root for the bitch in any situation. If it wasn't for them, life wouldn't be entertaining.All hail Ms. Wintour.
She'll cut a bitch :ph34r:

He is a cutie--and he does look kind of young. :D

I think he's 17 or 18--I remember looking it up a while back (I was looking for photos that I couldn't find...) when someone (you, Hep?) he might be a "friend" of Jake's.....

Posted Image

A shady Harry Connick Jr. brings some comedy to the CFDAs. The singer-actor – who's nominated for a Tony Award for his role in The Pajama Game – joked that he stole the sunglasses from Vogue editrix Anna Wintour.

Wow, now even country stars know who Anna is :D

Wow, now even country stars know who Anna is :D

Umm, Harry Connick ain't no country star

If ever there were a "crooner", it would be Harry.....

A REAL PARTY POOPER FOR ANNA

Page Six

August 18, 2006 -- ANNA Wintour, you're fired!

Condé Nast insiders say the Vogue editrix's celebrated interior-designer-cum-party-planner, David Monn, who took over the design of the Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art from Robert Isabel two years ago, told Wintour he was dumping her as a client in a fit of pique earlier this week.

"David was very angry," tattles our source. "He worked very hard to create the gala last May, and it looked beautiful. But then Vogue covered the event in the July issue and made no mention of him whatsoever. They mentioned all of the Vogue staffers who were there - but not him. He was livid."

For the event, this year dubbed AngloMania: Tradition and Transgression in British Fashion and hosted by Wintour and actress Sienna Miller, Monn turned the Met's Great Hall into pastoral England, filled with live trees and moss.

Wintour, apparently unaware Monn's feelings were hurt, tried to contact Monn this week to get him to sign on for next year's event - but he told her, "No way."

"Anna is furious," another source said. "No one has ever fired The Queen! Can you imagine? Scandal!"

Wintour, too, has a right to be angry.

"David was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars," the source explained. "He was paid while most everyone else donated money or their time. The event is for charity, and all the big designers buy tables for $50,000 and advertisements. Anna herself donates a lot of money. And he gets paid cash and wants a mention? Ridiculous!"

Individual dinner tickets to the Costume Institute gala started at $5,000 each, and for the invitation-only after-dinner dance, tickets were $400 apiece.

It remains to be seen who will design the event next year, as Wintour can't go back to Isabel - "He's prohibitively expensive," sniffed our source.

A rep for Wintour said: "David Monn has a picture in the July issue. Everyone here greatly enjoyed working with David, and we are disappointed he is upset."

Monn didn't return calls.

FASHION-PHOBIC BOOKWORMS

Page Six

September 5, 2006 -- A SPAT broke out on the New York Public Library's Young Lions board last week after one board member objected to a bevy of hot fashion models and Vogue editrix Anna Wintour being featured in the tony charity's celebrity readings later this year. Titan Capital banker Russell Abrams went ballistic when an e-mail was sent to board members stating that the first event would be a "fashion" reading and speakers like comely Karolina Kurkova would be introduced by Wintour. Abrams e-mailed everyone saying: "Last time I checked, Vogue was full of pictures and advertisements. If you want people in the picture business, why not have them talk about . . . how to dress to hide one's pot belly or eating disorder. I cannot imagine listening to them regurgitate their high-school reading." After board members complained to Abrams about his insensitivity, he wrote back: "I deeply regret my word selection and any offense it caused. I do believe that having some famous models read will not be very interesting except when they pronounce a multi-syllable word."

By Gina Serpe, Dec. 15, 2006 6:04 p.m. PT

Independent film is about to get injected with a major dose of glamour. Vogue editor-in-chief and Devil Wears Prada muse Anna Wintour is priming to hit the big screen in a documentary chronicling the making of the fashion bible's September issue, it's biggest of the year. Murderball's R. J. Cutler directs the feature-length doc, due out in 2008.

By Gina Serpe, Dec. 15, 2006 6:04 p.m. PT

Independent film is about to get injected with a major dose of glamour. Vogue editor-in-chief and Devil Wears Prada muse Anna Wintour is priming to hit the big screen in a documentary chronicling the making of the fashion bible's September issue, it's biggest of the year. Murderball's R. J. Cutler directs the feature-length doc, due out in 2008.

We sort of already saw this, Anna, and there is no way you are going to allow them to show your bitchy awful side, so why would we bother, unless you're going to let Streep play you again?

ANNA LETS CAMERAS IN!

Page Six

December 19, 2006 -- VOGUE staffers are a bit surprised to hear their boss, Anna Wintour, has agreed to strike a pose on camera. The notoriously frosty editor-in-chief gave the green light for a "feature-length documentary" on the making of Vogue's huge September issue, known as "the Bible of fashion." Eyebrows are raised because the last time she let a camera crew inside the office, Wintour gave them almost no face time, deferring to underling Plum Sykes to explain what Wintour was thinking. Insiders are also surprised because the filming could be disruptive. "The September issue is beyond hectic as it is," said one staffer. Variety broke the news of the documentary last week, reporting it "won't be a straightforward profile of Wintour" but instead would give audiences a "behind-the-scenes look at Vogue." No word yet on whether the rest of the Vogue "family" - which includes Men's Vogue (home to failed reality show star Hudson Morgan) and Vogue Living - will be included in the on-air festivities.

The Good Book

Filed under: Anna Wintour , Books

Posted Image

While Anna Wintour is running Vogue, making a documentary and no doubt creating image conscious thoughts in women everywhere, she managed to squeeze in time to pen a foreward for the latest fashion must have. The addition to the literature world will be available in October.

A $75 "Style Bible" is set to hit a coffee table near you. The good book, entitled "Stylist: The Creation of Style," was concocted by Rizzoli Books. The top 16 trendsetters will comprise a 272 page dedication. Paul Cavaco, Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele, Grace Coddington, Edward Enninful, Lori Goldstein, Tonne Goodman, Andrea Lieberman, Polly Mellon, Camilla Nickerson, Carine Roitfeld, Venetia Scott, Karl Templer, Melanie Ward, Alex White, Brana Wolf, and Joe Zee have all made the cut as the crème de la crème of style. Photos will accompany interviews from the portfolios of Helmut Newton, Steven Meisel, and Annie Leibovitz.

Posted by: Cara Harrington

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/29/the_good_book.php

Anna Wintour Shows Katherine Heigl How It's Done

Posted Image

Katherine Heigl, this is how you flip a bitch off properly. Actually, I don't even know if this is Anna Wintour. The photo agency claims it's Anna outside the Lanvin show in Paris. Anybody could throw on a wig, black glasses, a constipated frown and a dead animal and look just like Anna Wintour.

And why the hell is she just standing there by herself? She's Anna Wintour! Shouldn't she be sitting on a gold throne or something? Someone is going to get fired for this.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Cover Boy Chic

Page Six

ANNA Wintour was courtside at the Garden last night, but not to see the woeful Knicks. The Vogue editrix was a guest of Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James after dining with him the night before at the Waverly Inn. Her boyfriend, Shelby Bryan, was there as well, plus James' business partner, Maverick Carter. Wintour, who famously befriended tennis champ Roger Federer, hasn't switched sports. But she'll have James on the April cover of Vogue with Gisele Bündchen for the annual "shape issue." Sources say James revealed over dinner that he's a huge fan of Ralph Lauren and wears a brand-new pair of sneakers for every game.

This is pretty hideous...

Posted Image

Yep. I was looking at it yesterday, trying to figure out how to make it work. The sparkly silver I get because it's supposed to be a Superheroes theme. If she lost the nautilus pocket things on her hips and toned down the collar/shoulder nonsense, it might be okay. And lose the sheer panels at the bottom as well, just take it straight to the floor with the same silver fabric.

Okay, nevermind. If it takes that much to fix it, it's just a fucking disaster.

Edited by hedda_louella

But the nautilus pockets is what scream "evil editrix!" I love it in an evil villain in Mad Max sort of way. It's so crazy and over the top, but it suits her and the costume gala's theme perfectly.

It's supposedly inspired by Storm from the X-men. That's what she said at least. Fashionistas are loving it, but it doesn't work for me. I've said it before, I'm apparently just too "pedestrian" in my tastes to be a true fashionista ;)

It's supposedly inspired by Storm from the X-men. That's what she said at least. Fashionistas are loving it, but it doesn't work for me. I've said it before, I'm apparently just too "pedestrian" in my tastes to be a true fashionista ;)

Storm? Really? Looks more Ming the Merciless but she doesn't need anyone outside of herself for inspiration. She is able to destroy editorial assistants with a single glance! She strikes fear into the hearts of designers all over the globe! France cannot hold out against her powers! (okay, so maybe France is a bad example but you get my meaning)

She is.... NUCLEAR WINTOUR! She'll be freezing those capris, manpris, flip-flops and t-shirts right before she blows them up.

No. Apparently it's real. :(

You have got to be shitting me.

I love her hair :unsure: Apparently her schedule is get up every morning 5am, play tennis (her exercise routine) shower, get hair professionally blown out, go to work.

I want her life. Sorry, I can't help it....But I like her hairstyle and I really love that she found a style she loves and sticks with it, no fads for Anna. I don't even mind all the bitchy stuff. I'm not working for her :D Seriously--it's called paying your dues--most of us have done it! You work for one crazy-ass person, you learn a shitload of stuff, then you quit before you're driven to suicide....

If I ever had the chance to meet her, I'd walk up, ruffle her hair and say "What's up toots?" and then run like hell :D

Started watching the documentary "The September Issue" the other nite. She's not aging well....

Best story I heard about her, was that she toured with Bob Marley back in 60's or 70's and he apparently wore her out. :4biggrin: