krysbabe

Anna Wintour

Best story I heard about her, was that she toured with Bob Marley back in 60's or 70's and he apparently wore her out. :4biggrin:

:blink:

Best story I heard about her, was that she toured with Bob Marley back in 60's or 70's and he apparently wore her out. :4biggrin:

All I can say is WOW, that's quite a picture in my head . .

Page Six

Sightings

. . Anna Wintour, daughter Bee Shaffer and other family members at Bowery pizza joint Pulino's . . .

You think she actually ate pizza?? :D

All I can say is WOW, that's quite a picture in my head . .

Per Wikipedia, she disappeared with him for a week. ;)

Posted Image

Finally, the Anna Wintour Voodoo Doll You Always Wanted

In honor of Anna Wintour's fake charity Fashion's Night Out, Barneys New York commissioned doll maker Andrew Yang to produce a doll of the Vogue editrix. (Pins not included.) There's also one of Vogue hero Grace Coddington for cuddling.

Posted Image

ANNA WINTOUR (MISS PERFECT) ISN’T ALL THAT SHE SEEMS

Posted by Janet on November 22, 2011

Fashionistas might be interested to learn that the terrifying Anna Wintour (she inspired The Devil Wears Prada) is not as perfect as she seems. She’s famous for her thick hair cut in a bob but apparently it’s not all natural. A source leaked to us that Anna’s hair isn’t as lush as it used to be and she often augments it with fake bangs and various added pieces in different shades. It’s even rumored that her best buddy at Vogue, Andre Leon Talley, often carries her hairpieces in HIS luggage when they travel in case hers is searched!

Andre Leon Talley, often carries her hairpieces in HIS luggage when they travel in case hers is searched!

So THAT'S how he got & keeps his job! 'Cause I do not think it's his fashion sense or writing ability....

Posted Image

PATTERN PLAY

Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour and Sarah Jessica Parker step out to celebrate pal Oscar de la Renta on Wednesday at New York's Lincoln Center, where the designer received the Couture Council Award for artistry in fashion by The Museum at FIT.

How old is she now??

She is ageless and somewhere is an aging portrait in an attic! Unlike SJP, Ms. Wintour does not appear to have the "face or ass" dilemma.....I'm sure she's had work done - but it's VERY good and subtle.

.I'm sure she's had work done - but it's VERY good and subtle.

Agreed, but check out her arms!! Surgery could have gotten rid of the underarm waggle, but she worked hard to get the muscle definition on top! It's actually a bit too much muscle IMO, but she still looks good. And I still love to hate her :D

How old is she now??

According to a google search she was born in 1949. So for 63 she is looking pretty good and if she is actually older than that she is looking really really good.

Agreed, but check out her arms!! Surgery could have gotten rid of the underarm waggle, but she worked hard to get the muscle definition on top! It's actually a bit too much muscle IMO, but she still looks good. And I still love to hate her :D

Tennis every morning, or most mornings, I believe is her exercise routine.

I have a love/hate relationship with Ms. Wintour. It's sort of - I respect the hell out of what she's done professionally but know she really would be the Devil wearing Prada to work for. APparently my hatred of her has lessened over the years.

The Devil Doesn’t Do Kardashians!

Vogue Editrix Anna Wintour ‘Less Than Enthusiastic’ About Unveiling Kim & Kanye’s Baby

http://radaronline.com

Kanye West may be yachting in gorgeous Greece – without Kim Kardashian and baby North – but he’s also busy trying to convince Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour that putting his baby mama and daughter on the cover is a good idea, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

“It’s no secret that Kanye is a huge fan of fashion, Vogue and especially Anna Wintour,” a source close to the musician told RadarOnline.

“But it’s also pretty well-known that Anna is NO fan of Kim or any reality star appearing in the pages of the magazine. Kanye is determined to make sure baby North isn’t photographed by paparazzi then splashed across the world. He knows what he wants — a professional photographer and the cover of Vogue – nothing else. But clearly, trying to persuade Anna is going to be an uphill battle.”

While West’s response from Wintour has been “non-pulsed” and “less than enthusiastic,” the Grammy-winning artist isn’t taking no for an answer. He’s compiled the latest magazine statistics that show reality stars on the covers of fashion publications – especially Kim – can make sales go through the roof.

A recent New York Times article reported that the bestselling Cosmopolitan magazine of the year was the April issue that featured Kim Kardashian on the cover with 1.2 million copies sold.

Last year, the Keeping Up With The Kardashians star scored a major milestone when she graced the cover of the July-August issue of L’Uomo Vogue, the magazine’s Italian men’s edition.

Kanye, who accompanied Kim on that photo shoot, is hoping that issue’s success will help sway Wintour to give Kim the cover of American Vogue.

Back in May, in a fashion slap heard around the world, Vogue editors famously cropped Kim out of its Best Dressed gallery when she appeared with Kanye on the Met Ball red carpet wearing the now famous and universally panned floral print ensemble.

Meanwhile, Kanye is thinking positive and not only has he already reached out to celebrity photographers Annie Leibovitz and Mario Testino to do the photo spread, but he also has Kim working out with top trainers to get into the shape of her life in preparation of the shoot, says the source.

“Kanye is convinced that he’s going to make this happen,” adds the source.

Don't do it Anna!!

I think she's kind of cool. Maybe it's that she seems like such an uncompromising perfectionist. Or maybe it's because she has the sense and resolve to tell Kanye to take a flying leap.

I think she's kind of cool. Maybe it's that she seems like such an uncompromising perfectionist. Or maybe it's because she has the sense and resolve to tell Kanye to take a flying leap.

Given Wintour's reputation, I am betting she tells him to "fuck off." Politely of course.

It’s A Quest! Kanye West Continues To Badger Anna Wintour To Put Kim Kardashian On Front Of ‘Vogue’

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 @ 5:29AM | By Radar Staff

Kanye West continues to politick hard to get his baby mama Kim Kardashian on the Vogue cover, the latest round being a lunch with editor Anna Wintour at the Beverly Hills Hotel’s Polo Lounge, and RadarOnline.com has the details for you.

“They were in a corner booth, very intense,” an onlooker told the NY Post of the Friday pow-wow. “He was talking nonstop.

“She did not get a word in edgewise."

As we previously reported, the mercurial hit-maker has been “absolutely determined” to persuade the powerful Vogue editor to put his reality star fiancée on the pages of her high-class fashion publication “wearing her wedding dress.”

Despite the hip-hopper’s considerable star power, “Anna has remained typically aloof to Kanye’s constant advances and offers,” a source told Radar.

Carrie Bradshaw To Run ‘Vogue’? Anna Wintour’s Scheme To Make Fashionista Friend Sarah Jessica Parker Her Successor Has Co-Workers Shaking In Their Manolos!

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 @ 4:11AM | By Radar Staff

Anna Wintour has thrown her Vogue co-workers into a panic by hinting her fashionista friend, former Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker, could take on a wider role at the magazine, RadarOnline.com has learned.

According to a very high-level publishing source, “Anna is worrying colleagues who believe she has found her true successor in Sarah!”

“It’s a surprising idea, but one that is not entirely a joke. Anna thinks Sarah, a fashion icon on Sex and the City, truly has what it takes to step into her shoes and take on a role at Vogue one day.

Joked the source, “After all, she already played a writer, Carrie Bradshaw — and has the manolo blahniks!”

Also Parker, known for her high-priced footwear on Sex and the City, just launched her own shoe line!

The legendary Vogue editor, 64, and Parker, 48, now have regular private lunches and “Sarah has been consulted on a stunning array of Vogue’s big moves over the last several months.”

“She has totally entered the inner circle,” the source revealed.

Not only do the two women share the same fashion sense, they’re both politically on the same page: Wintour hosted a fundraiser for President Barack Obama at Parker’s home last year.

Although Wintour has made no announcements about when she might retire, her scheme to put Parker in the Vogue pipeline has co-workers shaking in their own designer shoes, the insider added.

Among those threatened by the unexpected rise of SJP is Robbie Myers, the star editor of Elle whom many have expected to eventually take the top job at Vogue, still considered the most powerful post in the fashion world.

Meanwhile, the source said Parker, who is raising three kids with husband Matthew Broderick, would be thrilled to be considered for a role at Vogue.

The source said, “Sarah is playing this like she is serious and she wants it — she is doing her homework and learning the business like never before.

“It’s the fashion equivalent of running for president or getting nominated to the Supreme Court and Sarah is treating it that way!”

Posted Image

What Was She Thinking?! Anna Wintour Explains Kimye ‘Vogue’ Cover — Insists, Kanye DIDN’T Beg

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 @ 15:50PM | By Radar Staff

Why the devil did she do it? Notorious Vogue editrix Anna Wintour responded to the furor over her choice of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West for the magazine’s April cover in a characteristically icy Editor’s Letter, insisting it was she — and not a pushy West – who made the final decision.

“Part of the pleasure of editing Vogue, one that lies in a long tradition of this magazine, is being able to feature those who define the culture at any given moment,” she wrote, “who stir things up, whose presence in the world shapes the way it looks and influences the way we see it.”

“I think we can all agree on the fact,” Wintour continued, “that that role is currently being played by Kim and Kanye to a T. (Or perhaps that should be to a K?)”

The insisted that despite the backlash surrounding the cover, “My opinion is that it is both charming and touching, and it was, I should add, entirely our idea to do it; you may have read that Kanye begged me to put his fiancée on Vogue‘s cover. He did nothing of the sort.”

But he did make a public campaign out of the issue. In October 2013, West told Ryan Seacrest, “There’s no way Kim Kardashian shouldn’t be on the cover of Vogue. She’s like the most intriguing woman right now. … and collectively we’re the most influential with clothing.”

I think Anna Wintour either

a-got a lecture from HER bosses to put them on (for whatever reason) OR

b-realized how many issues would sell cause of how gaudy and tabloid centric they are.

But he did make a public campaign out of the issue. In October 2013, West told Ryan Seacrest, “There’s no way Kim Kardashian shouldn’t be on the cover of Vogue. She’s like the most intriguing woman right now. … and collectively we’re the most influential with clothing.”

How in the world can Kim Kardashian be intriguing? She's had her hoo ha displayed in a sex tape, she's been married 3 times, she posts allegedly non-doctored selfies of herself (not herself and her baby, just herself) nearly every other day, and she supposedly "donates" her clothing for sale on eBay (after sewing in smaller size tags) for charity and only gives about 10% of that money to a charity that pays it's top 7 earners between $212K and $422K. How is she intriguing, Kanye? Can ya formulate some words and explain? :3huh:

Part of the pleasure of editing Vogue, one that lies in a long tradition of this magazine, is being able to feature those who define the culture at any given moment,” she wrote, “who stir things up, whose presence in the world shapes the way it looks and influences the way we see it.”

If Kimye define our culture at the moment, I despair for our culture.

wouldn't be kind of great if Anne put TySwif of the cover?

Part of the pleasure of editing Vogue, one that lies in a long tradition of this magazine, is being able to feature those who define the culture at any given moment,” she wrote, “who stir things up, whose presence in the world shapes the way it looks and influences the way we see it.”

If Kimye define our culture at the moment, I despair for our culture.

wouldn't be kind of great if Anne put TaySwif of the cover?

Sorry for the double post, if one of the mods could delete this one?

Edited by tyler

A few months ago, Anna Wintour became the "Creative Director" for Glamour (and a couple other Conde Nast magazines but I can't remember the names off the top of my head) And Glamour had Taylor Swift on its cover this March. So......

I recognize that Vogue is supposed to appeal to a different audience (reader AND advertiser) but still....All of Conde Nast is trying to remain relevant in print. Though it disgusts me that THIS is the route they're taking.....

If your faith in humanity is still hanging in there, here's another blow of the hammer...

The New York Post's Page Six reports Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's buzzed-about April 2014 Vogue issue is slated to sell between 300,000 and 400,000 copies. It may even surpass sales of 2013 issues featuring Beyonce and Obama that sold about 355,000 and 300,000 copies, respectively.