krysbabe

Anna Wintour

But how many of these issues were purchased by the Kardashians themselves?

Bingo! Not to mention magazine's count on distribution are pumped up....

1443641247_tim-gunn-467.jpg

Tim Gunn opened up to Meredith Vieira about his "hostile" relationship with Anna Wintour, and he even likened the Vogue editor to Medusa herself -- get the details about their ongoing feud here. Credit: Mike Coppola/NBC

Tim Gunn Is Still Feuding With "History Revisionist" Anna Wintour, Likens Her to Medusa: "She Can Try to Turn Me to Stone"

CELEBRITY NEWS

SEP. 30, 2015 AT 4:49PM BY ESTHER LEE
US Magazine

The ultimate fashion feud! Project Runway host Tim Gunn revealed that his epic feud with Anna Wintour is still very much alive in a new interview, during which he also likened the Vogue editor to Medusa herself.

"I will say when people misbehave around me I call them out for their bad behavior,” the outspoken TV personality, 62, told Meredith Vieira on Wednesday, Sept. 30. Gunn's feud with Wintour originates to an old interview he gave to Page Six, which was detailed in his 2010 memoir, Gunn's Golden Rules.

"I was asked by the New York Post... 'What is the most unforgettable moment you’ve ever seen in fashion?’" Gunn recalled to Vieira. "[i had a] very matter of fact response and it was, 'Watching Anna Wintour being carried down five flights of stairs from a fashion show.' Her office called my office the next day and demanded a retraction and I said, 'But its true, it happened.' I mean I didn’t make this up and they still demanded a retraction and I said no."

After many calls back and forth, Gunn finally received a snippy message from a higher-up at Conde Nast. "Her Director of Communications said, ‘I’ll have you know Ms. Wintour knows how to work a Manolo,'" Gunn recalled. "I said it wasn’t a matter of not being able to go down the stairs to descend, it was a matter of speed. She had two bodyguards, who made a firemen’s lock, she sat in it. They wooshed her down these stairs and put her right into her car to get to another fashion show because this fashion show was in the fifth floor of the Metropolitan Pavilion. They had to move her fast."

Gunn noted that he didn't intend at the time for it to be an insult. "She’s a history revisionist, in her mind it never happened basically," he sniped, while Vieira asked what their relationship is like today.

"It’s hostile," Gunn shared, calling attention to Vogue's inner workings. "May I say this, though: There is so much that happens at that unique publication that is so of another world and another planet. I’m happy to have a bad relationship with it, because I wouldn’t want to have a good one."

Gunn has since experienced more run-ins with Wintour, 65, which have only strengthened his low opinion of the fashion superstar. "I was [once] on an airplane with Anna Wintour and the flight attendant came up to me and said, ‘Is that Anna Wintour?’ And I said, ‘Yes. It is,'" he recalled. "She asked, ‘Do you think I can say hello to her?’ I said, ‘Well of course. Who wouldn’t want you to greet them? That would be lovely.'"

Except the experience was anything but. "She went over and this man next to Anna Wintour, she was seated at the window and he was at the aisle, rose as she rose her own hand up as a gesture of, this is now an international incident and the man said to her, ‘You have to go away, Miss,'" Gunn revealed. "So she wouldn’t even allow her to lean and say, ‘Ms. Wintour it’s so lovely to have you on the plane.’ I don’t understand it."

The Emmy-winning host said he doesn't care about Wintour's reaction to his latest comments. "She can try to turn me to stone," he said, likening her to Medusa, the snake-headed Gorgon of Greek myth. "I don’t think it will happen."

Gunn has no interest in burying the hatchet either. "May I also add [that] I have huge respect and regard for Ms. Wintour’s charitable work," he shared. "It’s wonderful and my hat’s off to her but I just wish that she navigated the world with a little more respect for other people."

Edited by princess

On 11/27/2011 at 4:35 PM, Hoyaheel said:
princess said:

Andre Leon Talley, often carries her hairpieces in HIS luggage when they travel in case hers is searched!

So THAT'S how he got & keeps his job! 'Cause I do not think it's his fashion sense or writing ability....

I hereby revoke/revise my opinion of ALT. I just watched The Gospel According to Andre Leon Talley and it was SO GOOD. OK, I still don't love all of ALT's style, but I really didn't understand his background or fashion knowledge. In the documentary, Wintour even comments that she kept ALT close to her because he had the fashion background/experience that she lacked when she started at Vogue.

I highly recommend this movie!!

• Like 1

When I was in Egypt on vacation everyone in my group got along brilliantly.  One of the women I would chat with about fashion and fun run costumes, etc., didn't think much of it.  The last day of the trip, her travel companion (both their husbands didn't want to go to Egypt) says "You don't know who she is, do you?"  Turns out she was a big wig at Vogue.  As in worked with Anna Wintour.  She is retired now. 

She is currently in San Diego for few days, she messaged me and we are going to dinner on Saturday night.  Hope to sneak in a few Vogue questions :D

• Like 3

20 hours ago, fykeylicious said:

Hoy, where did you see it? Netflix? I enjoy him so I will definitely check this out!

On Delta, actually ? And I have had a hard time finding some of the documentaries they've aired (for instance, I wasn't able to finish Everything is Copy, about Nora Ephron, and haven't found it streaming to finish it up ?

Have you seen the interview clip that has been floating around where ALT gives his Trump fashion critique? I'll see if I can find a link - I saw on Twitter so I can't remember the interview source....

On 9/15/2018 at 8:58 AM, Hoyaheel said:

On Delta, actually ? And I have had a hard time finding some of the documentaries they've aired (for instance, I wasn't able to finish Everything is Copy, about Nora Ephron, and haven't found it streaming to finish it up ?

Have you seen the interview clip that has been floating around where ALT gives his Trump fashion critique? I'll see if I can find a link - I saw on Twitter so I can't remember the interview source....

No, I have not!

I did see the clip where he's critiquing Manafort's jackets ?

I could listen to ALT discuss fashion for HOURS, even though I'm not really into fashion like that.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, fykeylicious said:

I did see the clip where he's critiquing Manafort's jackets ?

Damn, that's the clip I meant!!! I blame jet lag ;-) How long after a trip can I use that excuse??

I agree- after watching the documentary especially, I have more respect for his catty opinions ;-)

• Haha 1

Had dinner with her last night and she talked a bit about it. She asked if I had seen Devil Wears Prada (ha ha ha, of course haven’t we all??) and she said that Streep you could still see a sliver of a good/kind person in there somewhere. With Anna there was none. :blink:  Her office was right near Anna’s and she poured a lot of people a drink after meeting with Anna.  She was on the editorial side of things. She did say Anna was good at her job and had a great eye but as brutal as they say, if not more so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, princess said:

Had dinner with her last night and she talked a bit about it. She asked if I had seen Devil Wears Prada (ha ha ha, of course haven’t we all??) and she said that Streep you could still see a sliver of a good/kind person in there somewhere. With Anna there was none. :blink:  Her office was right near Anna’s and she poured a lot of people a drink after meeting with Anna.  She was on the editorial side of things. She did say Anna was good at her job and had a great eye but as brutal as they say, if not more so. 

wow

I don't know why, but I'm surprised to hear this. Not even a sliver??? Damn.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, annabeast said:

Princess, were her initials LJ?  I worked for her MANY moons ago at another magazine in New York.

No, but it sounds like a lot of people were pouring drinks after Anna meetings :D

• Haha 2

Anna Wintour In Trouble: Vogue August Issue Has Just 90 Pages, with Only 23 Ad Pages Including One for Vogue.com

https://www.showbiz411.com/2020/07/19/anna-wintour-in-trouble-vogue-august-issue-has-just-90-pages-with-only-23-ad-pages-including-one-for-vogue-com

Anna Wintour may be in a lot of trouble over at Vogue. I’ve heard for a while that Conde Nast wants to bring over the editor of British Vogue, Edward Enninful. They may reason to now.

Anna’s new issue for August may be a bell of bad wether for her. (Get that?)

Olympic star Simone Biles is on the cover in a pretty hard cover gritty sports-like photograph, not fashion oriented at all. (Both Vogue and Vanity Fair each have covers this month with black women. They do pivot fast. And this after years of no black cover subjects.)

Total number of pages is anemic and surprising 90. As in NINETY. I didn’t think you could do perfect binding for 90 pages. I thought you’d have to staple it.

More worrisome is that including the back cover and inside covers there are only 23 pages of ads. And one of them is for vogue.com.

Even the models who appear in Vogue aren’t that thin!

The August 2019 Vogue was 149 pages. It boasted a very snazzy Ariana Grande on the front. If only the magazine had been so kind to Biles.

One astute insider quipped to me:
“The fall fashion issues August and September are the “go to” for all retail advertisers. Gucci is not advertising. Nor is  Louis Vuitton or Ralph Lauren. Vogue is highlighting tacky ads by Kotex, Always and Skechers in their primary fall issue!!!”

She added, in horror: “The back inside page is GEICO !”

Oh, Anna: remember Si Newhouse and Mr. Liberman and Andre Leon Talley? You actually can’t forget Andre Leon Talley now. Irving Penn and Leo Lerman must be rolling in their graves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Anna Wintour and Shelby at the US Open in 2018
Anna Wintour and Shelby Bryan at the US Open in 2018

Anna Wintour and Shelby Bryan split after 20 years

October 21, 2020

Anna Wintour and telecom millionaire Shelby Bryan have finally split after more than 20 years together, Page Six is told.

We’d previously reported that things had cooled off between the powerful pair and that they hadn’t been seen in public together for some time. But now we’re told they’re done for good.

It’s not yet clear what caused the split, but the chatter around town was that Bryan had gone back to his ex-wife, Katherine Bryan, whose husband, investment banker Damon Mezzacappa, died in 2015. But sources close to Katherine tell us she’s not back with Bryan — who stepped out on her when he began an affair with the Condé Nast honcho back in 1999. “Katherine and Shelby have kids together [and] are friends. That’s all,” said a source when asked about the reunion scuttlebutt.

Meanwhile, we’re told Bryan has been spending time in his native Texas. In November, Page Six reported that things had begun to go sour for Wintour and Bryan back in 2013, after it was revealed he owed the IRS some $1.2 million in back taxes.

“It’s been quite a while since they’ve been seen together,” said a source at the time.

Bryan didn’t respond to our request for comment. A rep for Wintour declined to comment.

Page Six spotted Wintour in February out to dinner with British actor Bill Nighy, “beaming the whole time.” The pair are good friends and have been spotted at plays in London and NYC.

• Sad 1

Interesting. Was just rereading the 1999 profile of her when they first were getting together and she was divorcing Shaffer! Like, literally yesterday....

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

Interesting. Was just rereading the 1999 profile of her when they first were getting together and she was divorcing Shaffer! Like, literally yesterday....

I believe she had an affair with this soon to be ex on Shaffer too 😂😂

Yes, that was my point (if obliquely made 😉 Wintour and Shelby were both married with youngish children when they got together.

So it was a tweet that sent me down the rabbit hole - from the editor of Fashionista 

After I read the 2001 Observer article about Harper's Bazaar, I read the 1999 New York Mag profile of Anna https://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/features/1460/

(and Tyler then updated her twitter thread to show Anna & Bryan's recent separation 😉