princess

Hugh Jackman

From Ted today:

What the ef's up with Hugh Jackman, his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, and Hugh's always-around biz, partner, John Palermo? Jeez, folks are talking!

But first, a little background: H.J. recently gave an interview to People in which Jackman himself brought up the "gay, gay and gay" rumors, only to shoot them right back down, saying he's straight. And then, buried in some inedible copy about Jackman's diet (fish, salad, protein shakes), was the most delicious little morsel: Jackman explained to the People reporter the origin of the band he wears opposite his wife's wedding band: "It was given to me by John when we started our production company," revealed H.J. "In Sanskrit is written the basic principles of our company."

In Sanskrit, no less. Very clubby. Very inside. Very mysterious.

And since John's gone from being Bryan Singer's assistant on X-Men to Hugh's publicist to living partner (they all live on the same grounds at some of their internationally located homes) to producing partner, and since they always go out together, I asked around.

Here's what some of H.J.'s buds said:

"Uh, can't the public see that has to be one of the closest business relationships in the world?" asked a biz pal to Jackman. "I mean, John sits right next to him and Deborra on the other side for every awards ceremony. She's years his senior, they have two adopted children, he lived in a bungalow on their property in L.A. There's nothing ordinary about that troupe."

True enough. But one of Jackman's close Australian buds tells me that any weirdness is with John alone:

"Deb has the same ring, it's to commemorate Seed Productions—not his love for Palermo, who I must say is looking more and more bizarre these days. He was in full makeup the other night!"

Another close bud to Jackman simply says: "I don't know what the hell's going on with Hugh. He's his own man, that's for sure."

Which is why we love him, right? And after all, if Angie Jolie can screw with the lot of us as to what's really cookin' down below for her (despite this current clan of all things Pitt), why the hell can't Hugh?

I just can't believe more people aren't talking about it. Probably because Hugh, who I've met socially but never interviewed, couldn't have been more the charmer. He knows how to work it.

Not the news that was shocking, but Ted!! Pretty bold there

Hugh Jackman to Host the Oscars

And the hosting honor goes to … Hugh Jackman.

PEOPLE's reigning Sexiest Man Alive has been chosen to host the 81st annual Academy Awards ceremony, to take place Feb. 22

The Australia star, 40, who'll be hosting the Oscars for the first time, was selected "because we want the ceremony to be fun," says Laurence Mark, producer of the telecast.

"He can hold the screen and he can hold a stage. It doesn't hurt that he looks amazing in a tuxedo and he's the Sexiest Man Alive."

Jackman won an Emmy in 2005 for hosting the 59th annual Tony Awards in 2004. He was also nominated as host of the Tonys in 2005.

ABC will broadcast the Oscar ceremony live from the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles on Feb. 22.

PEOPLE's reigning Sexiest Man Alive has been chosen to host the 81st annual Academy Awards ceremony, to take place Feb. 22

The Australia star, 40, who'll be hosting the Oscars for the first time, was selected "because we want the ceremony to be fun," says Laurence Mark, producer of the telecast.

"He can hold the screen and he can hold a stage. It doesn't hurt that he looks amazing in a tuxedo and he's the Sexiest Man Alive."

Jackman won an Emmy in 2005 for hosting the 59th annual Tony Awards in 2004. He was also nominated as host of the Tonys in 2005.

ABC will broadcast the Oscar ceremony live from the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles on Feb. 22.

at first maybe but not when you really think baout it. he's not giving a BI here, jsut saying "jackman addresses rumors" and puts in context. but yes more forwards than usual.

From Ted today:

What the ef's up with Hugh Jackman, his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, and Hugh's always-around biz, partner, John Palermo? Jeez, folks are talking!

But first, a little background: H.J. recently gave an interview to People in which Jackman himself brought up the "gay, gay and gay" rumors, only to shoot them right back down, saying he's straight. And then, buried in some inedible copy about Jackman's diet (fish, salad, protein shakes), was the most delicious little morsel: Jackman explained to the People reporter the origin of the band he wears opposite his wife's wedding band: "It was given to me by John when we started our production company," revealed H.J. "In Sanskrit is written the basic principles of our company."

In Sanskrit, no less. Very clubby. Very inside. Very mysterious.

And since John's gone from being Bryan Singer's assistant on X-Men to Hugh's publicist to living partner (they all live on the same grounds at some of their internationally located homes) to producing partner, and since they always go out together, I asked around.

Here's what some of H.J.'s buds said:

"Uh, can't the public see that has to be one of the closest business relationships in the world?" asked a biz pal to Jackman. "I mean, John sits right next to him and Deborra on the other side for every awards ceremony. She's years his senior, they have two adopted children, he lived in a bungalow on their property in L.A. There's nothing ordinary about that troupe."

True enough. But one of Jackman's close Australian buds tells me that any weirdness is with John alone:

"Deb has the same ring, it's to commemorate Seed Productions—not his love for Palermo, who I must say is looking more and more bizarre these days. He was in full makeup the other night!"

Another close bud to Jackman simply says: "I don't know what the hell's going on with Hugh. He's his own man, that's for sure."

Which is why we love him, right? And after all, if Angie Jolie can screw with the lot of us as to what's really cookin' down below for her (despite this current clan of all things Pitt), why the hell can't Hugh?

I just can't believe more people aren't talking about it. Probably because Hugh, who I've met socially but never interviewed, couldn't have been more the charmer. He knows how to work it.

Not the news that was shocking, but Ted!! Pretty bold there

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/dec/22...-australia-film

Down Blunder

Baz Luhrmann's ambitious attempt to make an antipodean Gone With the Wind is a shallow, overblown and embarrassing failure, says Peter Bradshaw

Something strange happened to my face shortly after the beginning of Baz Luhrmann's excruciating new wartime romance epic, starring Nicole Kidman as the posh English Lady Sarah who travels out to Australia in 1940, and Hugh "Russell Crowe is not available" Jackman as the bit of local rough with whom she falls swooningly in love. A kind of clinical shock caused the upper part of my body to go into a state of paralysis. The skin on my face became as tense and inert as Kidman's forehead. My whole face was as taut as a snare drum, or the back of a saddleback pig. The roof of my mouth became locked as I tried to give a traumatised whinny of distress: "Nggg ... ngggg ..." Right back at me came Kidman's English accent: "Eauu maah-eye Gord, th-eauu-se cahh-tle are escayyy-ping acrawss thuh bil-ah-bongggg."

At war's outbreak, Lady Sarah furiously suspects her absent husband is getting some extracurricular jollies on the family's cattle station in Australia, although her emotional state has to be inferred from the dialogue, rather than from Kidman's immobile face, in which the only discernible movement is a faint pursing of the mouth and a quiver of that retroussé nose, perhaps induced by two tiny invisible electrodes being jabbed into her lips below the nostrils. She impulsively travels out there - quite a quick journey, evidently - to the impotent dismay of various servants and submissive salaried flunkies. Turns out her husband has been killed as a result of a creepy conspiracy by white monopolists to bankrupt her business, and a preternaturally wise Aborigine called King George, played by David Gulpilil, has been fitted up for the murder.

Imperious and adorable, Lady Sarah announces she wants to drive her cattle billions of miles across the CGI Outback to market anyway, to the exasperation of her hairy stockman, Drover, played of course by Hugh "Russell Crowe's fee was just that bit too high" Jackman. As they encounter all sorts of tempests and setbacks, love inevitably flowers between Nicole Kidman and Hugh "Russell's agent was frankly unreasonable on the phone" Jackman.

They are accompanied by Nullah (Brandon Walters), a young mixed-race boy of the sort the Australian authorities notoriously used to insist on spiriting away to conceal the evidence of sex between the races. The grotesque condescension of making the only important Aborigine character a child would rather seem to underline the racists' repeated declarations that the Aborigines are just children. But Luhrmann is always mustard-keen to accord his Aborigine characters their own narrative of cultural identity. "The only thing you really own is your story," says Drover solemnly - which is quite something, as Luhrmann pinches almost everyone else's story. Gone With the Wind, Out of Africa, The African Queen, Empire of the Sun and many others get nicked. The characters also go to see The Wizard of Oz, because the last word of that title is slang for a certain antipodean country, geddit? The score, moreover, offers variations on Waltzing Matilda, Sheep May Safely Graze and - to accompany Nullah's ecstatic embrace of his Aboriginal identity - Elgar's Nimrod.

Cattle-related adventures satisfactorily concluded, Kidman embarks on a blissful but tragically short period of quasi-marital happiness with Hugh "Russell's putting on weight anyway" Jackman. But then their relationship is thrown into crisis when the Japanese attack. With an awful inevitability, the hero and heroine are saved by the aged wisdom of King George, who is often seen in long shot: part of, and effectively indistinguishable from, the awesome digital landscape. King George is pretty damn useful with that spear of his, and in the film's final moments, despite having been arrested, he chucks it to great effect - how very fortunate the authorities neglected to take it off him. Perhaps they were culturally sensitive enough to realise it was part of his "story".

The zappy, hyperactive cuts and zooms that are so much a part of Luhrmann's style melt away as the solemnity of the film sets like concrete. We are left with slow-moving insincerity and conceit, summoned up in the flatulence of that title: Australia, a country reborn in terms of facetious Hollywood cliches. The film seems to mark the moment when the white man's burden of colonial condescension passed from Britain to the United States. All this Australia offers is a cringe, but not a very cultural one.

Thrilling Kisser Hugh Jackman

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hugh Jackman made a fan faint when he kissed her.

The 'Australia' actor decided to pay the woman - who works as a switchboard operator for US TV programme 'The Tonight Show' - a surprise visit after he discovered she wasn't allowed to leave her post to meet him when he appeared on the show.

Her friends told Hugh - who was voted the Sexiest Man Alive by People magazine last year - it was her birthday, so he crept up behind her whispered "Happy Birthday" and then kissed her on the neck.

The girl immediately span round, but upon coming face-to-face with her idol she turned bright red and fainted in his arms.

According to National Enquirer magazine, Hugh screamed: "OH MY GOD! Somebody help me! I think she has fainted!"

The girl was eventually brought round with the aid of smelling salts and cold compresses. Once she had composed herself she happily posed for a photograph with Hugh.

Source: monstersandcritics.com

Jackman 'Heals Long-Time Rift With Mother'

Hugh Jackman has reportedly healed the rift with his mother.

According to Female First, the Hollywood actor has forgiven his mother Grace for walking out on him and his four siblings.

Jackman's father became the primary caretaker when his wife moved out of the family home when the Wolverine star was eight years old.

The 41-year-old has admitted that he no longer blames his mother for deserting him because she was suffering from undiagnosed post-natal depression.

Jackman and his mother were recently spotted spending time together in New York and helping him care after his two adopted children.

A source said: "Grace has been helping Hugh with the kids while his wife Deborra-Lee is in Australia for Adoption Awareness Week."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Hugh Jackman to hold open casting call for movie

Hugh Jackman is giving an aspiring actor the chance of a lifetime by holding open auditions to star alongside him in Steven Spielberg's upcoming movie "Real Steel."

The big budget movie, which tells the story of a futuristic boxing industry where robots take over from real fighters, is the first project for Spielberg's DreamWorks studio since the director cut ties with Paramount Pictures.

Jackman wants an unknown boy to star in the movie as his 11-year-old son and has set up open calls to cast the coveted part.

He tells Access Hollywood, "I'm starting work on my new film Real Steel with my friend and the film's director Shawn Levy."

Levy adds, "We're actually looking for a young actor to play Hugh's son in the movie from DreamWorks, so if you think you're maybe our guy, go to realsteelcasting.com for more information on how to audition. It could be you."

Real Steel is due for release next November.

source: http://www.sfgate.com

Okay, this photo totally made me laugh. All I could think was gay, Gay, GAY!

Posted Image

Who needs a driver? Hugh Jackman ventures out in New York Friday – touring the city by scooter.

Then I saw this on another website:

Posted Image

Ava holds tight to daddy Hugh Jackman as they make their way home from school.

So now I feel like a bitch. :4biggrin:

I didn't think I could adore Hugh Jackman more - Lainey has really been talking him up lately, and I totally agree with her on this subject!

http://www.laineygossip.com/Hugh_Jackman_h...D=0&CelID=0

You’re making the others look bad

I mentioned that Daniel Craig interview with Entertainment Weekly when he was promoting Cowboys & Aliens, right? He was being a bitch. He was being a bitch about the heavy press tour because, as he put it:

“I can’t do the tits-and-teeth stuff. I’m not hardwired to do that. I can’t sell.”

I’m sorry...

But Daniel Craig, like, he’s an Actor, right?

When he films a love scene with 100 people are in the room, he pretends they’re not there and makes love in make believe to his co-star and convinces us onscreen, right? Or, wait a minute, is Daniel Craig really a spy for the British secret service?

F-ck.OFF.

And you know why?

Because Hugh Jackman manages to do it, and so well, and so happily, and so gratefully, withOUT getting dirty. How’s that? He just happens to be real and nice and kind and appreciative.

Hugh has been everywhere lately for Real Steel which, come on, looks like it’s a ridiculous eye-roll. No matter. A job is a job is a movie is a movie is a lifestyle is a lifestyle is a SMALL PRICE TO PAY for being able to do what he does. He gets it. It’s the others who don’t.

When Hugh came to Toronto last week there were no schedule delays, there was no pouting, there was no huddling with the publicist about what he would and wouldn’t do. It was only one face - his smiling face, his open face, his willing face. He went to the Marilyn Denis Show, they asked him to do push-ups, he did push-ups, in his suit, no complaint, no resistance, NO PROBLEM.

He went around the building, sat down for interview after interview, game after game, silliness after silliness, not once did he exhale with exasperation, not once did he look at his watch, not once did he appear bored or impatient or grumpy or hungry or tired or sick or scared or confused or angry or... any bad emotion you can think of - NOT ONCE.

And he’s been doing this, around the world, from Europe to North America to the WWE, back to Australia, FOR WEEKS.

I wonder if the rest of them then, I wonder if they hate Hugh Jackman. Because there they are, whinging about this hard, hard life. And some people, blinded by fan loyalty, are dumb enough to feel compassion and then Hugh Jackman comes along and pretty much sh-ts on their entire argument. Next to Hugh Jackman, Daniel Craig is a weak-ass. What makes him weak? It’s not that he’s not “hard-wired” for it, it’s that he never TRIED.

Attached - Hugh in Sydney today at the premiere of Real Steel.