Sign in to follow this  
Rebelgirl

Phil Collins

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...413194&p=yx74...

=107413693

Collins considers Genesis reunion

07/11/2005 - 08:10:19

Phil Collins is keen to reunite his former band Genesis and he wants to

return to the original line-up - which would see singer Peter Gabriel

fronting the group.

The I Can't Dance hitmakers split in 1998, but original frontman Gabriel

relinquished the lead position to Collins when he left to pursue a solo

career in 1975.

And now Collins confirms a revival could be on the cards.

He says: "I'm open for it. I'm happy to sit behind the drums and let Peter

(Gabriel) be the singer. If (a reunion) happens, I'll be there. If it

doesn't happen it would just be because there are too many things in the

way."

Phil Collins and Wife Split Up

Wednesday Mar 15, 2006 6:45pm EST

Thursday Mar 16, 2006 9:00am EST (updated)

people.com

Posted Image

CREDIT: GREGORY PACE / FILMMAGIC

For now, they'll go on living "Separate Lives." Singer Phil Collins and his wife of six years, Orianne, have decided to separate, the couple said in a joint statement on Wednesday.

Collins will continue to live in Switzerland to be near to his two young children, Nicholas and Mathew, his publicist Mara Buxbaum said.

"They have decided in the interests of their two children that it is better to separate," Buxbaum said in a statement. "They are both very sad that it should come to this, but have as their priority the welfare and happiness of their children and are determined to remain friends and be loving parents to them."

Buxbaum said the couple have lived separately since the beginning of the year and have been growing apart for some time.

This was the third marriage for the rock star, who has three other children from his previous marriages.

Collins, 55, joined Genesis as a drummer in 1970 and became its lead singer after Peter Gabriel departed in 1975 to launch a solo career. He later branched out on his own, scoring hits like "In the Air Tonight," "Sussudio," and "Against All Odds."

More recently, he composed the songs for the Disney animated film Tarzan, including the hit single "You'll be in my Heart," which earned him an Oscar in 2000 and a Grammy Award.

The stage musical version of Tarzan opens on Broadway later this year.

Phil Collins retires

Dotmusic

Phil Collins has retired from the music industry, he has announced. The former Genesis singer turned solo star says he has no plans to record or tour again in future. The news follows the recent reformation and tour of Genesis, which looks to be his final contribution to the world of rock'n'roll. Speaking to The Times, Collins said was now more interested in his collection of memorabilia from The Battle Of The Alamo than pop music. Meanwhile, he has also reignited his feud with Noel Gallagher, after the pair fell-out over the 2005 general election. Collins dismissed claims from the Oasis star that he is "a w*nker", insisting: "I don't care if he likes my music or not.

Collins Memorabilia Secret

British singer PHIL COLLINS has an unusual piece of memorabilia stashed away at home - the original lyrics for In The Air Tonight written on a piece of paper belonging to the man his wife left him for.

The star was devastated when his wife of five years, Andrea Bertorelli, left him for a decorator and went on to write the classic hit.

Collins admits he scribbled down the words on a piece of paper left behind by the painter after he ran away with his wife.

And the star is convinced it will be a coveted item if it ever goes to auction.

He says, "Ironically, when I sang the original demo and wrote down the words, I used a piece decorator’s stationary - the decorator who my wife went off with.

"An interesting piece of memorabilia, should I ever wish to sell it."

Source: pr-inside

Phil Collins' Nerve Agony

Phil Collins has to tape his drumsticks to his hands.

The former Genesis star has suffered severe nerve damage to his hands and admits he now finds it incredibly difficult to play his instrument.

He explained: "The first time I picked up the drum sticks after my neck surgery, they flew across the room because I couldn't grip them.

"When I play, I've had to tape the sticks to my hand. It's like wearing a condom. It's very strange. It really cramps your style."

It is not only in his performing career that the 59-year-old star's problems are causing him difficulty - he finds many basic day-to-day tasks virtually impossible.

He explained: "I can't let go of the spoon or the knife when I eat. I can't open a car door. I won't get gruesome with you, but there's a lot of things I can't do. I'm left handed."

However, the 'You Can't Hurry Love' hitmaker is hopeful he may soon get relief from his problem.

He added to Rolling Stone magazine: "I'm having an operation soon and there's a good chance of it improving over time."

Phil, 59, is hopeful he will be able to overcome his affliction in order to play live with Genesis again - but only if former frontman Peter Gabriel has time.

He said: "My hands are way down to picking the order of that possibility. Three years ago I didn't know I'd be in this position and three years from now it may not be like this. I think the main thing is Peter's schedule and the speed he works anyways."

Source monstersandcritics.com