princess

Paul & Stella McCartney clan

Yale gives Paul McCartney honorary degree

May 26, 2008, 9:50 AM EST

MSN.com

Paul McCartney can now add one more honor to the numerous awards, accolades and the knighthood he has already received. The ex-Beatle on Monday was awarded an honorary Doctor of Music degree from Yale University.

In granting the honorary degree to McCartney — Sir Paul McCartney since he was knighted in 1996 — the university said no one compares with the legendary songwriter.

Yale said the 65-year-old McCartney awakened a generation, giving a fresh sound to rock, roll, rhythm and blues.

Yale also conferred honorary degrees on former U.S. Trade Representative Carla Hills, astronomer Martin Rees, architect Cesar Pelli, poet John Lawrence Ashbery and others

Paul McCartney may wed Long Island woman

http://www.newsday.com/ny-lipaul0811,0,2820728.story

Paul McCartney is thinking about marrying Hamptonite Nancy Shevell, the British tabloid News of the World reported in its Sunday editions.

McCartney, 65, and Shevell, 47, were photographed kissing outside an Amagansett sushi place in November and are in the midst of a road trip on U.S. Route 66, according to several published reports.

Shevell, a board member of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, is legally separated from Bruce Blakeman, a Port Authority commissioner and former presiding officer of the Nassau County Legislature.

According to the tabloid's report, McCartney told his daughter, Stella, that he is considering proposing to Shevell. The unsourced story said Stella gave her blessing.

Neither McCartney, Shevell nor Blakeman could be reached for comment Saturday

:rolleyes: she's still married, thought he would have learned better after that whole Heather mess. I would love to go on a road trip like that, sounds like fun :)

It's so sad that dementia has affected him as such a young age. :P

Out of all the Beatles, paul was the most traditional one when it came to girlfriends. He always wanted to be married, and stayed in his relationship with Jane Asher until she broke up with him because he wanted a traditional wife, not one that put her acting career :wub: first.

http://www.newsday.com/ny-lipaul0811,0,2820728.story

Paul McCartney is thinking about marrying Hamptonite Nancy Shevell, the British tabloid News of the World reported in its Sunday editions.

McCartney, 65, and Shevell, 47, were photographed kissing outside an Amagansett sushi place in November and are in the midst of a road trip on U.S. Route 66, according to several published reports.

Shevell, a board member of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, is legally separated from Bruce Blakeman, a Port Authority commissioner and former presiding officer of the Nassau County Legislature.

According to the tabloid's report, McCartney told his daughter, Stella, that he is considering proposing to Shevell. The unsourced story said Stella gave her blessing.

Neither McCartney, Shevell nor Blakeman could be reached for comment Saturday

:rolleyes: she's still married, thought he would have learned better after that whole Heather mess. I would love to go on a road trip like that, sounds like fun :)

Can't imagine why he'd want to jump right back into another marriage so soon but then again, he hasn't confirmed this is true either. It's so quiet in tabloid land lately that I think there's a lot of made-up stuff going around.

50 Cent has name checked Paul McCartney in a new rap song after meeting the former Beatle on a plane flight.

The rapper insists McCartney didn't know who he was when he asked the Brit for an autograph-but the fact he agreed to sign for him was enough to land the singer a place in 50's "Do You Think About Me?"

Unfortunately, it's a lyric McCartney won't be pleased to hear.

50 Cent rhymes, "It's like Paul McCartney stuck in my head/fell in love with a bitch walked away with one leg/she ain't even have to run to get away with the bread/that's some f**ked up shit/think about that kid."

The rhyme references McCartney's divorce from amputee Heather Mills.

50 says, "That's interesting. You figure if you're gonna marry a woman with one leg, she's gonna stay!"

Source: panachereport

Am I the only one who never heard of this myth?

Undeniable Proof that Paul McCartney was replaced with a Look-Alike

http://digilander.libero.it/jamespaul/fc1.html

From the website:

The rumors go that this is a photo of Paul's supposed double soon after he underwent plastic surgery and shortly before appearing on the scene in late December of 1966. The man's name is supposed to be Billy Shepherd ex leader of the "Pepperpots" ("Billy Pepper and the Pepperpots" Band). So logically, if the rumors are correct, and this really is the face of a look-alike, it will be conclusive match for the face of the supposed lookalike from 1967's "Sgt. Pepper".

Am I the only one who never heard of this myth?

Undeniable Proof that Paul McCartney was replaced with a Look-Alike

http://digilander.libero.it/jamespaul/fc1.html

From the website:

The rumors go that this is a photo of Paul's supposed double soon after he underwent plastic surgery and shortly before appearing on the scene in late December of 1966. The man's name is supposed to be Billy Shepherd ex leader of the "Pepperpots" ("Billy Pepper and the Pepperpots" Band). So logically, if the rumors are correct, and this really is the face of a look-alike, it will be conclusive match for the face of the supposed lookalike from 1967's "Sgt. Pepper".

I get sucked into that site and the message board there from time to time. I waver between being slightly freaked out - like maybe it is true? and being all LOL at the tinhat weirdos that post on that board. There is some freaky photo comparison stuff that makes me wonder, but I prefer to think that Paul is the same Paul he's always been. But yeah... eeee. Freaky.

Thanks, Princess. I just spent an hour at work fascinated with this website on the Paul McCartney conspiracy. I don't honestly know what to think! It's funny that my daughter just asked me about "Paul's death" just a few weeks ago when they were playing Sgt. Pepper on the radio.

Paul McCartney To Marry Again?

Sir Paul McCartney is reportedly making secret preparations to marry US heiress Nancy Shevell.

The Beatles legend is said to be keen to tie the knot for a third time with Nancy, his girlfriend of nearly two years, and organised a family meet up in the Caribbean earlier this month to discuss their future together with his children.

A friend of the 67-year-old musician told the Daily Express newspaper: "Paul and Nancy's relationship is rock solid and there's no mad hurry for a wedding.

"Next year has certainly been mentioned as the most likely time, but neither of them want some big deal made out of it.

"It's almost certainly going to be done very discreetly over in the US and Paul would ideally like to do it without any publicity beforehand, but whether he could pull that off is another matter."

Heather Mills - Paul's second wife and mother to his youngest daughter, six-year-old Beatrice - has been informed of his plans to tie the knot with 48-year-old Nancy, according to friends.

Charity campaigner Heather was married to 'Let It Be' singer Paul from 2002 to 2008, when they went through a bitter divorce, in which she secured a £24.3 million payout for her and Beatrice.

Paul's first marriage, to vegetarian frozen food pioneer Linda, was one of the most happy and successful in showbiz, lasting from 1968 until her death from cancer in 1997.

New York-based Nancy is a businesswoman of high standing, and holds the position of Vice President of Administration at her father's company, New England Motor Freight.

Source femalefirst

Paul McCartney left out of Them Crooked Vultures

Sir Paul McCartney wanted a place in Dave Grohl's supergroup Them Crooked Vultures, but was turned down in favor of Led Zeppelin legend John Paul Jones.

The Beatles star teamed up with the Foo Fighters frontman onstage for a performance at the 2009 Grammy Awards, and when the pair went out for dinner afterwards Grohl revealed his plans for a new band with Queens of the Stone Age singer Josh Homme.

The veteran musician offered his services, but was disappointed when Grohl turned him down - because the rocker had already asked Jones to play bass.

McCartney says, "We went out for a bite to eat afterwards and Dave told me he was starting this band with Josh. I asked him who was playing bass and he rather sheepishly told me he'd approached John. So you read it here first - Paul McCartney was nearly the bass player in Them Crooked Vultures."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0d1rloWyV

Stella McCartney 'Ready For Fourth Child'

Stella McCartney has revealed that she wants another child.

The 38-year-old, daughter of Sir Paul McCartney, is already mother to sons Miller and Beckett and daughter Bailey with her husband Alasdhair.

The fashion designer told the Daily Express: "I'm kind of interested in having more children.

"Though right now I feel like I've only just stopped having them, so I'm ready to have a bit of a break first."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Paul McCartney & Heather Mills 'make peace for daughter'

Sir Paul McCartney and his ex-wife Heather Mills have reportedly put their bitter divorce behind them to spend time together for the sake of their young daughter, according to a U.K. report.

The couple separated in 2006 after four years of marriage, leading to an ugly public divorce battle.

The union was officially dissolved in 2008 and the former Beatle was ordered to hand over $48.6 million of his fortune to Mills, as well as annual payments for six-year-old Beatrice - but the pair's relationship remained frosty.

However, McCartney and Mills have now put their differences aside for Beatrice, and meet up weekly to discuss their young daughter, according to Britain's Sunday People.

A source tells the publication, "It's absolutely astonishing. Paul and Heather are actually quite good friends now. They hated one another with a passion for such a long time. But they have both moved on and have new partners, so they decided to be civil.

"In the past, nannies and friends would take Bea from one to the other for visits. But recently they have started to do it themselves and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea at the same time.

"There is no chance of them ever getting back together but they have put all of the nastiness behind them. It's something neither of them ever thought would happen."

McCartney is currently dating socialite Nancy Shevell, while Heather has been with personal trainer Jamie Walker since 2008.

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0iy1zfY9l