princess

Hilary Swank

I was really mad when I read this report on CNN. :angry: I knew you fellow Chitchatters might understand.you guys make a great point about Vanity Fair. How sweet of her to pimp out her husband for the scandal, though, rather than herself. :rolleyes: I was thinking about the past BIs, too. What about Hussy and Drinkel in Ted's last items? Would that fit?

What really bugs me is that, when she and Chad first separated, she went around saying, "no no, not divorced, we're working on our marriage..." and seemed ever the respectful partner.

But now that her movie's coming out soon, she goes to Vanity Fair and spills this beans. From what I understand, she learned about the substance abuse problem 3 years ago. That's when it went down. She's careful to say that it's not the only thing that caused the split, and that it's something that made her look deeper, but she never says what else does!

So she's all quiet and respectful of her marriage 'til now, and when she does open her mouth, she only let's out one thing that she discovered years ago. He's been sober for a while. Way to air his dirty laundry without showing any of your own. I feel for Chad. This was a low blow.

Liz Smith, NY Post

Posted Image

HILARY SWANK is such a nice girl, such a terrific actress (as her two Os cars testify) that I wonder why exactly she felt the need to unburden herself to Vanity Fair about soon-to-be ex-hubby Chad Lowe's alleged substance abuse problem? Now solved, says she.

According to the interview, it was not Swank who brought it up, but she then did confirm the rumors and remarked on the situation. Since she was revealing nothing else scandalous or newsmaking in this VF profile, Swank had to know Chad's "problem" would be the hook to sell the piece. Why go there? Whatever happened to "no comment"? Chad himself declined to speak with VF on the matter, so he clearly didn't think that was the kind of publicity he wanted or needed.

Miss Swank looks very nice on VF's cover in her bikini, reminding us that she is all girl and not the androgynous figure of her two most successful films, "Boys Don't Cry" and "Million Dollar Baby." Indeed, the cover is so very much the opposite of her perceived image, she might have thought to build attention around that, leaving Chad's business to the grinding rumor-mill, and his own discretion.

---

My ass. Don't even try to spin this one, Hilary!

A WALK IN THE PARK

After giving a candid interview about the dissolution of her marriage, Hilary Swank gets back to her low-key routine and makes it a dog day afternoon with pup Karoo in Malibu on Saturday.

Posted Image

I thought she lived in NYC. Anyhow, was spilling the beans her only way of landing the cover of VF.

This is true. I can't remember where I heard it (a radio show I think), and VF is pretty brutal when it comes to things like this: spill the beans or somebody else gets the cover.I wish I could remember who they were talking about that got bumped. . . Does Hillary need the PR that badly that she would violate Chad's privacy? -- she has two oscars from chrissake!

This is true. I can't remember where I heard it (a radio show I think), and VF is pretty brutal when it comes to things like this: spill the beans or somebody else gets the cover.I wish I could remember who they were talking about that got bumped. . .

I can't remember either. It was the Teri Hatcher story that bumped someone else off who had already been scheduled. I have it home, I can look later today and figure it out.I wonder if Hilary bumped Sheryl Crowe? I would have much rather seen her on the cover. Gee - read about an artist that has survived breast cancer (and Lance Armstrong) or read about Hiliary outing her poor husband's drug habit. Maybe Hilary could have dinner with Kathy Griffin and find new ways to emasculate their men.

Swank's Mystery Man?

Posted Jul 12th 2006 2:28PM by TMZ Staff

Hilary Swank was spotted poolside under the sun with a shirtless man Sunday afternoon, reported to be her agent John Campisi.

Posted Image

The two spent a few hours at an LA hotel's pool deck talking, enjoying the sun and taking a dip in the hot tub.Swank's relationship with actor Chad Lowe has been in the news lately after last week's Vanity Fair interview, where she revealed that Lowe's "substance-abuse problem" was partly to blame in the pending divorce. The two-time Oscar winner tells the magazine Lowe is "sober now," saying "I'm really proud of his sobriety."

This week fuel has been added to the fire as The National Enquirer reports that Chad's father, Charles Lowe, is "irate" over Hilary's comments to Vanity Fair. He told the Enquirer "I know my son very, very well and I thought I knew Hilary very, very well. I am very disappointed."

Was it Natalie Portman that got bumped for Hatcher?

Oh I think you're right! I'm pretty sure it was Natalie Portman.

She still looks like a man with boobs. I suspect this is why winning an oscar hasn't really turned out all that well for her.

I remember seeing her on the Jay Leno show after she won her first Oscar & she said it didn't help her at all, especially financially. I guess things haven't changed. It doesn't matter how many awards the industry gives her, the public simply isn't interested.

Lowe Feels Betrayed by Swank Chad Lowe is furious with estranged wife Hilary Swank after she detailed his substance abuse problem to the world in a Vanity Fair magazine article. Swank made the shocking revelation in the August issue of the magazine and claims Lowe's problem contributed to the breakdown of their marriage. A source close to Lowe tells American publication Us Weekly, "Chad was pretty surprised that Hilary would bring (his problem) into the equation." Swank didn't specify the exact nature of Lowe's substance abuse problem, but the actor is now sober. Another source adds, "Chad has been sober for three years. He isn't ashamed of his struggle, but he really wishes Hilary wouldn't have talked publicly now." Family friend Bob Balaban says, "Whatever problem he might have had didn't affect his work." Swank's lawyers insist she warned Lowe about what she had revealed to the magazine and that she did not make the claims in an effort to land the magazine's cover to publicize her new films.

Lowe Feels Betrayed by Swank

Chad Lowe is furious with estranged wife Hilary Swank after she detailed his substance abuse problem to the world in a Vanity Fair magazine article. Swank made the shocking revelation in the August issue of the magazine and claims Lowe's problem contributed to the breakdown of their marriage. A source close to Lowe tells American publication Us Weekly, "Chad was pretty surprised that Hilary would bring (his problem) into the equation." Swank didn't specify the exact nature of Lowe's substance abuse problem, but the actor is now sober. Another source adds, "Chad has been sober for three years. He isn't ashamed of his struggle, but he really wishes Hilary wouldn't have talked publicly now." Family friend Bob Balaban says, "Whatever problem he might have had didn't affect his work." Swank's lawyers insist she warned Lowe about what she had revealed to the magazine and that she did not make the claims in an effort to land the magazine's cover to publicize her new films.

First, if I was Chad I might be ready to break out the pimp hand and give her a slap AND BS that she told him that she was going to air family dirty landry in VF beore the mag went to print. Bad form on her part all around.

Lowe Feels Betrayed by Swank

Chad Lowe is furious with estranged wife Hilary Swank after she detailed his substance abuse problem to the world in a Vanity Fair magazine article. Swank made the shocking revelation in the August issue of the magazine and claims Lowe's problem contributed to the breakdown of their marriage. A source close to Lowe tells American publication Us Weekly, "Chad was pretty surprised that Hilary would bring (his problem) into the equation." Swank didn't specify the exact nature of Lowe's substance abuse problem, but the actor is now sober. Another source adds, "Chad has been sober for three years. He isn't ashamed of his struggle, but he really wishes Hilary wouldn't have talked publicly now." Family friend Bob Balaban says, "Whatever problem he might have had didn't affect his work." Swank's lawyers insist she warned Lowe about what she had revealed to the magazine and that she did not make the claims in an effort to land the magazine's cover to publicize her new films.

First, if I was Chad I might be ready to break out the pimp hand and give her a slap AND BS that she told him that she was going to air family dirty landry in VF beore the mag went to print. Bad form on her part all around.

Damn Skippy...I'd have some interviews an interview all of her dirt laundry. Like she's a man, with a nice rack...She's a scientologist...eats babies...LOL!

Thursday, July 13, 2006CHAD LOWE FEELS BETRAYED.Although Hilary Swank's lawyers are insisting that she warned Chad Lowe ahead of time (oh why thank you, Hilary) about spilling his alleged coke habit to Vanity Fair magazine, sources close to Lowe are saying that Chad totally feels "betrayed" by that back-stabbing, "I gotta make it on the cover of Vanity Fair" ex-wife of his. According to US Weekly, Chad, who has reportedly been off the pixie sticks for 3 years now, has told friends he "was pretty surprised that Hilary would bring (his problem) into the equation" during her interview with Vanity Fair, and "isn't ashamed of his struggle, but he really wishes Hilary wouldn't have talked publicly now." So true. Everyone still seems baffled as to why, when Hilary was confronted by the Vanity Fair Reporter about Chad's alleged substance abuse, started flapping her big gums instead of saying a simple, "no comment."Some are speculating that she did it so she could land the cover of the magazine, but again, her lawyer is denying those claims. Hey, I liked Hilary Swank before all this mess, but something sounds fishy to me. Not to be mean (ok, I will be), but no matter how good an actress people might think she is, every time I see the girl I think of a dude for a split second. I'm sorry, but she's the one who strapped her tits down to play a girl pretending to be a boy in Boys Don't Cry. I can't help it that I still see her as a man. Since I know I can't be the only one who feels this way, you gotta wonder what it took for her people to convince Vanity Fair to give her the cover of the magazine, in a bikini no less.

Swank's lawyers insist she warned Lowe about what she had revealed to the magazine and that she did not make the claims in an effort to land the magazine's cover to publicize her new films.

Dear Hillary:Forewarned may be forearmed, but it does not make it right.PSOf course you did -- you needed to appear all glammed up, because you aren't getting Angelina Jolie's scripts. Edited by tyler

Of course you did -- you needed to appear all glammed up, because you aren't getting Angelina Jolie's scripts.

Well, she was, but they made her give them back.

She wants to be an A-List celebrity but the only way she gets any recognition is for being a fugly person, both outside and inside.I hate this bitch with a passion.

I also thought it was a pretty shitty thing to do, until I actually read the article itself. I still think it was unwise and that she probably should not have done it without Chad's permission. But it did not come off as bitchy or evil in the slightest. The article made it seem like the interviewer spoke with Swank once when she was on the high end of a post-split mood swing, and then caught her a second time when she was in a deep low, which was when the interviewer asked her about the Lowe substance abuse thing (something about which the interviewer seemed already to be fully aware). It seemed like the marriage just didn't have what it took to recover from the damage Lowe's earlier substance abuse wrought. And it seemed like Swank was not in a good place mentally at the time of the second interview, and that she might have been coerced or taken advantage of by the interviewer and/or Vanity Fair. I don't know, it's a strike against her but I can't hate her for it. But I didn't hate her before, either. I'm not a raving fan, but I do think she's striking and a tremendous talent. Not only was she great in Boys Don't Cry and Million Dollar Baby, she brings intelligence and skill even to less-noticed roles like the one in Insomnia, where she more than held her own with Pacino.

I guess my problem with her is the overly sexy poses, trying to remake herself as a sex goddess. I think she is about as sexy as Peewee Herman, maybe a little less, and is diminshing herself as an actress with every ill-advised photo with her nipples showing. No matter how it was done in that interview, she owed Chad something and this expose was not it. I think she is a self absorbed UGLY jerk. -_- -_-

Liz Smith, NY Post

HILARY SWANK is such a nice girl, such a terrific actress (as her two Os cars testify) that I wonder why exactly she felt the need to unburden herself to Vanity Fair about soon-to-be ex-hubby Chad Lowe's alleged substance abuse problem? Now solved, says she.

According to the interview, it was not Swank who brought it up, but she then did confirm the rumors and remarked on the situation. Since she was revealing nothing else scandalous or newsmaking in this VF profile, Swank had to know Chad's "problem" would be the hook to sell the piece. Why go there? Whatever happened to "no comment"? Chad himself declined to speak with VF on the matter, so he clearly didn't think that was the kind of publicity he wanted or needed.

Miss Swank looks very nice on VF's cover in her bikini, reminding us that she is all girl and not the androgynous figure of her two most successful films, "Boys Don't Cry" and "Million Dollar Baby." Indeed, the cover is so very much the opposite of her perceived image, she might have thought to build attention around that, leaving Chad's business to the grinding rumor-mill, and his own discretion.

I believe that the interviewer was the one that brought it up... but I have to agree with Liz Smith (gasp!)... Hilary knew or should have known that Vanity Fair would take the info and make it the focal point... why the hell else would the interviewer bring it up?!?! I suppose if Hilary had said she didn't want to talk about it they would have found someone else for the cover, but I think that's what she should have done... but then again, who the hell am I? Edited by Cutielb99