princess

Hilary Swank

I think she was trying to divert the obvioius "she got an Oscar and got a big head" theory for the end of the marriage. Newsflash Hilary: that is a heck of a lot better than being seen as a cruel, self-absorbed bitch. But in this sick industry, the PR might help him.... depressing.As an FOB myself, I wish him well.

Tab Fab

Stank You Very Much: Maybe forgetting to thank husband Chad Lowe when she won an Oscar wasn't such an uncharacteristic lapse of decorum for Hilary Swank after all. Us Weekly (and the rest of the tabs) are taking Stank, um, Swank, to task for violating the dirty-laundry clause of the unwritten breakup code of honor. Seems Hil's cover story in the August Vanity Fair discusses hubby's "substance abuse" problem as a contributing factor in their split (while she charitably notes that he's been sober for three years). Star calls the revelations "Hilary's Lowe Blow," and it's hard to disagree. Just to recap, it would be fine to admit your own former substance-abuse problem (if you had one) in order to sell magazines, but it's not cool to peddle your ex's personal turmoil to tantalize. We call it Vanity Un-Fair.

But it did not come off as bitchy or evil in the slightest.

Whether it was bitchy or not isn't realkly the point, it wasn't her problem to divulge.

I agree with the posters here...out of respect for him and their marriage this is something she should have kept quiet.If it wasn't known there was no reason for her to be the one to spill the beans. In very poor taste. I'm sure he was/is probably very hurt by her interview and her mention of his problem. I'm just conjecturing but I would imagine if the shoe were on the other foot she'd not wish this done to her.

I don't think it was necessarily fair for Hilary to tell about Chad, but I don't think it is any worse than when a star tells about an ex cheating on them. It is revealing a private part of their lives (and like it or not, an addiction affects both people in a marriage). No one villified Halle B for stating that Eric Benet cheated on her 27 times, and he sought care as a sex addict. At some point I think Swank got tired of everyone accusing her of ruining the marriage by being more successful or too career driven, so she struck a low blow and let everyone know that is wasn't all her fault. Wrong choice, yes, but I do understand how it happened.

Edited by stilllovewestley

Have not read interview myself, but can't tell you how many times one little sentence someone utters without thinking is the basis for the entire discussion. Be interesting to see what she really said vs. what VF splashed on their cover page.

I don't think it was necessarily fair for Hilary to tell about Chad, but I don't think it is any worse than when a star tells about an ex cheating on them. It is revealing a private part of their lives (and like it or not, an addiction affects both people in a marriage). No one villified Halle B for stating that Eric Benet cheated on her 27 times, and he sought care as a sex addict. At some point I think Swank got tired of everyone accusing her of ruining the marriage by being more successful or too career driven, so she struck a low blow and let everyone know that is wasn't all her fault. Wrong choice, yes, but I do understand how it happened.

It might be worse, since at first, not too much was known about them. Horsey, I mean Hillary, basically blabbed about Chad's addiction and gave people that insight into a private marriage. When no one really gave a crap in the first place. It's shocking because it came out of no where and was uncalled for. Now, Chad will be branded an drug/alcohol abuser...for the rest of his "career."Miss Crazy-Ass Halle, made it a point to talk to everyone about her breakup, the rumors, rehab...and it was a poor me/he done me wrong, attitude(geez, her and aniston must do lunch)...which is something she's always had, through her previous marriage and how she's been wronged as a black woman(blah, blah)...and the industry is like...Whatever, dummy. Plus she was married Eric Benet, who knows him and who cared?Sex addiction and Drug addiction are different...meaning different stigmas attached as well. Edited by BobbyD

Miss Crazy-Ass Halle, made it a point to talk to everyone about her breakup, the rumors, rehab...and it was a poor me/he done me wrong, attitude(geez, her and aniston must do lunch)...which is something she's always had, through her previous marriage and how she's been wronged as a black woman(blah, blah)...and the industry is like...Whatever, dummy.

COOL! I totally agree with you. I'm SOOO tired of Halle blaming her mixed-race background for EVERYTHING. such a whiner. Get over your bland self already.

I guess we could hope that the attention and maybe even a little sympathy thrown Chad's way will jumpstart his career?

It might be worse, since at first, not too much was known about them. Horsey, I mean Hillary, basically blabbed about Chad's addiction and gave people that insight into a private marriage. When no one really gave a crap in the first place. It's shocking because it came out of no where and was uncalled for. Now, Chad will be branded an drug/alcohol abuser...for the rest of his "career."Miss Crazy-Ass Halle, made it a point to talk to everyone about her breakup, the rumors, rehab...and it was a poor me/he done me wrong, attitude(geez, her and aniston must do lunch)...which is something she's always had, through her previous marriage and how she's been wronged as a black woman(blah, blah)...and the industry is like...Whatever, dummy. Plus she was married Eric Benet, who knows him and who cared?Sex addiction and Drug addiction are different...meaning different stigmas attached as well.
I agree Bobby in regards to sex versus drug addiction. To me, there is not such thing as Sex addiction. You simply are greedy :) But in seriousness, infidelity involves vows you have taken to never do that to another person. Drugs are something that can overtake ones life before they know it and encroach or hurt a relationship. Two very different things IMHO.

I don't want to make fun of someone's sickness...But in terms of Sex Addiction...I happen to think if I were to come out and say I was a sex addict...I could see my ex-girlfriends, or any woman I have stepped 2... going...Uhhhh...Really? Duh! And I could see men trying to high-five me or something. Just an example of the different stigma attached to the different addictions. And I really don't know if there is a sex addiction...I notice there are some sickos, who totally can't get enough or can't get satisfaction...rumored to be Michael Douglas,Tom Sizemore....so maybe that fits in that category?

I don't want to make fun of someone's sickness...But in terms of Sex Addiction...I happen to think if I were to come out and say I was a sex addict...I could see my ex-girlfriends, or any woman I have stepped 2... going...Uhhhh...Really? Duh! And I could see men trying to high-five me or something. Just an example of the different stigma attached to the different addictions. And I really don't know if there is a sex addiction...I notice there are some sickos, who totally can't get enough or can't get satisfaction...rumored to be Michael Douglas,Tom Sizemore....so maybe that fits in that category?

Bobby, I have never EVER dated a man who didn't have a "sex addiction". Guys like sex and they think about it WAY more than women do. If we have a great partner, we may think about it a lot but not ever in the capacity that men do. I don't find anything wrong with that, because it is fun that guys want to have sex. We are around to make you guys do other stuff in between!! :D

National Enquirer - Mike Walker

SWANK FINDS SHOULDER TO CRY ON

Who needs DR. PHIL!?! HILARY SWANK found a hunky shoulder to cry on after taking more flak than Hezbollah for spilling the beans on estranged hubby CHAD LOWE's substance abuse in a "Vanity Fair" cover story - the Academy award-winning actress was spotted in tight embrace with KEANU REEVES, her co-star in "The Gift." Insiders say they arrived separately at LA's The Little Door restaurant and wine bar, and instantly tangled in a monster hug that lasted a minute-plus. Then the we're-just-friends couple sat at an out-of-the-way table, and Keanu put her hands in his and pulled them close. Hilary looked on the verge of tears, but Keanu kept lifting her face gently - comforting her and saying everything would be fine. After about an hour, Hilary gave her former leading man a hug and kiss, then split.

Published on: 08/01/2006

MILLION DOLLAR SMILE

Hilary Swank, who is in the process of divorcing husband Chad Lowe, makes a sweet appearance Wednesday in Santa Monica, where she met a pal for lunch.

Posted Image

Hilary Swank's post-Chad Lowe boyfriend is a CAA agent - not her own - we hear.

Oscar winner HILARY SWANK has found love again with top Hollywood agent JOHN CAMPISI, according to US reports.The actress split from husband CHAD LOWE last year (05) and filed for divorce earlier this year (06), but she isn't planning on being single for long if romantic pictures of Swank in Rome, Italy are anything to go by.According to American publication Life + Style, the man romancing Swank on holiday in Italy is Creative Artists Agency (CAA) boss Campisi.The couple was spotted kissing and holding hands while taking in the romantic sights of Rome on 27 August (06).Despite the photographic evidence, Campisi is adamant his relationship with the actress is all about business and friendship.His lawyers state, "Mr Campisi has a strictly platonic relationship with Ms Swank."An insider tells Life + Style that Campisi has been helping Swank through her heartache and the two are more than friends.One pal says, "Hilary cried on his shoulder when she and Chad split. He comforted her through that intensely difficult period."Campisi was Swank's date to the Academy Awards in March (06) and the couple has been together ever since. source: news.superiorpics.com

Oscar winner HILARY SWANK has found love again with top Hollywood agent JOHN CAMPISI, according to US reports.The actress split from husband CHAD LOWE last year (05) and filed for divorce earlier this year (06), but she isn't planning on being single for long if romantic pictures of Swank in Rome, Italy are anything to go by.According to American publication Life + Style, the man romancing Swank on holiday in Italy is Creative Artists Agency (CAA) boss Campisi.The couple was spotted kissing and holding hands while taking in the romantic sights of Rome on 27 August (06).Despite the photographic evidence, Campisi is adamant his relationship with the actress is all about business and friendship.His lawyers state, "Mr Campisi has a strictly platonic relationship with Ms Swank."An insider tells Life + Style that Campisi has been helping Swank through her heartache and the two are more than friends.One pal says, "Hilary cried on his shoulder when she and Chad split. He comforted her through that intensely difficult period."Campisi was Swank's date to the Academy Awards in March (06) and the couple has been together ever since. source: news.superiorpics.com

Does anyone remember the BI this might refer to? I tried to search for it but didn't find it.

Hilary Swank’s Secret Agent Man

Us Weekly

Posted Image

After Hilary Swank’s camp insisted she was “not romantically involved” with her separated Creative Artists Agency agent, John Campisi, 39, the pair proved their relationship is about way more than work by smooching on the street in Italy.

The two have recently engaged in other nonwork-related activities, including dining à deux in Santa Monica, California, as well as sharing hiking trips, a swimming excursion and even a Beverly Hills shopping day.

But in Rome on August 27, after a few days of R&R in Lake Como, the couple’s budding relationship was on full display. During their hand-in-hand stroll to dinner at Checco Il Carretiere, a witness tells Us, “she grabbed his head in her hands, pulled him close and kissed him sweetly.” At another point, he wrapped his arms around her and cradled her.

Yet back home, reality may not be so rosy as the actress, 32 (who divorced hubby of eight years Chad Lowe, 38, in May), deals with what a source tells Us is her beau’s recent split from wife Kirsten Campisi, 37 (the couple have a toddler together). As of August 25, John had not yet filed for divorce, but a source close to him says, “He wants to be with Hilary.”

Swank Finds Love with Top Agent Oscar winner Hilary Swank has found love again with top Hollywood agent John Campisi, according to reports. The actress split from husband Chad Lowe last year and filed for divorce earlier this year, but she isn't planning on being single for long if romantic pictures of Swank in Rome, Italy are anything to go by. According to Life & Style, the man romancing Swank on holiday in Italy is Creative Artists Agency boss Campisi. The couple was spotted kissing and holding hands while taking in the romantic sights of Rome on August 27. Despite the photographic evidence, Campisi is adamant his relationship with the actress is all about business and friendship. His lawyers state, "Mr Campisi has a strictly platonic relationship with Ms. Swank." An insider tells Life & Style that Campisi has been helping Swank through her heartache and the two are more than friends. One pal says, "Hilary cried on his shoulder when she and Chad split. He comforted her through that intensely difficult period." Campisi was Swank's date to the Academy Awards in March and the couple has been together ever since.

AND...ACTION!

Hilary Swank and Kathy Bates make a cheery pair as they get to work Monday on the set of their new film, P.S., I Love You, which is shooting in Ireland.

Posted Image

Chad Lowe Ticks to "24"

E! Online

Life goes on for Chad Lowe.

After enduring both a divorce and public smearing from his ex-wife Hilary Swank, Lowe has dusted himself off in order to clock into Fox's 24.

The Emmy-winning actor will join the cast of the hit show as "savvy politico" Reed Pollock, according to a release from the network. The sixth season of 24 premieres in January with a two-night, four-hour event.

Season five, which wrapped up 20 months ago, left a battered Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) in the grips of Chinese agents, with his future uncertain. (Call us crazy, but we're betting he lives to see another day.)

Lowe is just one of a number of notable additions to the award-winning show. Other new faces include Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle star Kal Penn and Peter MacNichol of Ally McBeal and Numb3rs fame.

Meanwhile, over on CBS, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation continues its run of, shall we say, interesting casting calls by adding the Who's Roger Daltrey to its mix of guest stars.

The Who's "Who Are You" has served as the theme song to the franchise's flagship series since it debuted in 2000. Continuing the Who trend, "Won't Get Fooled Again" is the theme song to CSI: Miami, while "Baba O'Riley" serves as the theme to CSI: New York.

Daltrey is currently touring with the Who in support of the band's first studio album in 24 years, Endless Wire, which is scheduled for an Oct. 31 release.

In addition to his more than four decades as frontman of the legendary British band, Daltrey was nominated for a Golden Globe for his portrayal of the title character in the 1975 film adaptation of the band's rock opera, Tommy.

Im sorry but Hillarys new guy is butt-ugly. Chad had a boyish cuteness at least going for him............this guy looks like he was beat with an ugly stick..........

RAIN CHECK

Hilary Swank weathers the impending downpour on the New York City set of her latest film, P.S., I Love You, on Tuesday.

Posted Image

UPWARD DOG

Hilary Swank gives pooch Karoo a boost as she leaves her New York City apartment on Wednesday. The actress has been in town shooting her latest movie, P.S., I Love You.

Posted Image

Being the heartless she-devil bitch that she is, she'll probably send that poor dog to the pound and blame it on its crystal meth use.

Yawn. Paparazzi pictures are really losing their flavor. I miss the times of seeing a celebrity trainwreck in progress, like Tara Reid being photographed without her make-up, it's like looking at Bea Arthur in the shower.