Sign in to follow this  
princess

Jared Leto

I don't know how to rate him as an actor: but he rules as a rocker!!

I highly recommend "Requiem for a Dream". He is fantastic in that film. :) Actually everyone in that film is incredible, IMO.

Edited by rabbit

Leto and Wood confrontation photos... :blink:

The write up about the fight from the Nov. 13 issue of US Weekly. No reason given, but in my opinion they were clearly arguing over a girl. ;)

Elijah v. Jared

Call it my so-called feud: As Jared Leto, 34, made the rounds at the mtvU Woodie Awards in NYC October 25, he passed Elijah Wood's table. According to a witness, Leto whispered something in Wood's ear and walked away. Wood, 25, turned to his friends. "Something about this must have pissed Jared off, because he runs back to the table, grabs Elijah bh the neck and calls him a 'fu--king a--hole,'" the onlooker tells Us. Leto then shoved Wood and stormed off. (Neither Leto's nor Wood's reps would comment.)

I still :wub: him, but I read on a 30 Seconds to Mars site somewhere that a teenage girl approached him at a show with a copy of Requiem for a Dream, hoping for an autograph, and he flipped out on her. Apparently, he said "what the fuck is THAT? Are you serious?" - or something to that effect. It was the only "negative" story posted about him, but still...a teenage girl? Lame.

Leto's Looney At Sundance

JARED Leto was in a foul mood at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah, on Saturday night. Leto, who was promoting "Chapter 27" (in which he plays John Lennon's assassin) picked fights with photographers and clubgoers in the VIP section of Tao at Harry O's. When a photographer from WireImage attempted to snap Leto's picture, the eyeliner- clad cad shouted, "No! No more, bro!" Leto walked out - but not before a "big guy" yanked at his long tresses. Leto "whipped off his hat with earflaps on and stepped up to the guy," said a spy. "They were yelling at each other." But no punches were thrown. And though Leto left, he came back a couple hours later to look for the guy. (Leto's rep didn't return calls.) Elsewhere: Sienna Miller kept the rumor mill churning by showing up at Tao with her new best friend Sean Combs one night and hitting the Heineken Lounge with Josh Hartnett the next. Miller's reps put wagging tongues on ice, however, saying that she's absolutely just a single girl having a good time with friends. Sunday night, the stars celebrated the premiere of her new flick, "Interview," at Delta Sky Lounge.

Hatcher makes a play for her No. 1 football fan

Teri Hatcher isn't about to be a football widow. At the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah, on Sunday, she staged some interference when her new director boyfriend, Stephen Kay, tried to watch the Saints-Bears game at Hypnotiq. Her method of distraction? Kicking off her shoes and straddling him. The Desperate Housewife also dragged her beau along for swag shopping, including a stop at the Restylane booth in the Marquee suite, where she demanded more than one gift certificate for the wrinkle smoother.

Meanwhile, Sienna Miller enjoyed a cuddly chat with Josh Hartnett during celeb karaoke in the Heineken green room. Miller, recently jettisoned by Jude Law, had hung out at the Chateau Marmont last week with Scarlett Johansson's ex, but spies say the actor was "flirting with all the ladies" at the fest. Luckily,

Miller had a pal of her own whom she met at the Golden Globes. "She chilled with Diddy a lot at the 5W PR party and again at Marquee," said a source.

For actor Jared Leto, the night was less about friends than frenemies. Hanging with his band 30 Seconds to Mars at Tao at Harry O's, Leto booked when he heard a rumor that Justin Timberlake might perform. "Jared flipped out," said a witness. "He literally freaked out and left the party." :D

Both the actor/singer and the singer/actor are exes of Cameron Diaz.

Maybe Tara Reid should have offered Jared some comfort, but she spent the night trying to flirt with Matt Leinart, even though the Arizona Cardinals quarterback already had two ladies hanging off him. Apparently three's a party, but four's a crowd.

Leto Tried To Choke Wood at Awards Show

Elijah Wood was shocked when he was attacked by Jared Leto at an awards show recently, because The Lord Of The Rings star said he didn't like Leto's band. The 26-year-old star was attending the MTVU Woodie Awards in November when Leto, who is the lead singer of cult act 30 Seconds To Mars, approached his table. Leto came over, whispered in Wood's ear and walked away, but then turned around, grabbed him by the throat and called him a "f**king a**hole." Wood tells Jane magazine, "He was basically upset at the fact that I said I didn't like his band. He said that initially and walked away. I guess he thought I was laughing at him, but I was more shell-shocked and telling people around me, 'Whoa, I just got told off by Jared Leto for not liking his band.' And that's when he came back and grabbed me." He adds, "I told Jared it wasn't personal. He acted like I'd been disrespecting him or speaking about his family. Things like that don't usually happen to me. I'm very non-confrontational. The whole thing was kind of ridiculous."

Although it was totally out of control for Leto to grab Elijah, I don't understand why Elijah would just say "I don't like your band." If I met someone from a band I didn't like, I wouldn't just tell them that I thought their band sucked. I'm wondering if other words were discussed before that, or if Elijah is a dick as well.

Elijah Wood Calls Scuffle With Jared Leto 'Ridiculous'

THURSDAY JANUARY 25, 2007 04:50 PM EST

By Tim Nudd

Elijah Wood says he's still scratching his head over an incident in which an angry Jared Leto grabbed him at the MTVU Woodie Awards in New York.

Wood tells Jane magazine in its February issue that the confrontation, which happened in October, was sparked by comments he had made about Leto's rock band, 30 Seconds to Mars.

"He was basically upset at the fact that I said I didn't like his band," Wood says. "He said that initially and then walked away."

But things escalated from there. "I guess he thought I was laughing at him," Wood says, "but I was more shell-shocked and telling people around me, 'Whoa, I just got told off by Jared Leto for not liking his band.' And that's when he came back and grabbed me."

In the January/February 2003 issue of Blender, the Lord of the Rings actor told an interviewer, "I would never try to be like other actors and attempt to make (music) myself. I mean, have you heard 30 Seconds to Mars? ... F---ing awful, man!"

Wood, who turns 26 on Sunday, tells Jane he never meant to insult Leto, 35, and that the whole incident at the awards show felt surreal.

"I told Jared it wasn't personal," Wood says. "He acted like I'd been disrespecting him or speaking about his family. Things like that don't generally happen to me. I'm very non-confrontational. The whole thing was kind of ridiculous."

Several Web sites, including BestWeekEver.tv and Dlisted, printed eye-witness accounts of the scuffle at the time it happened.

The awards show was filmed at Roseland Ballroom in New York City on Oct. 25 and aired on MTVU – MTV's college network – on Nov. 2. The Woodies honor musical acts voted on by the college audience.

Although it was totally out of control for Leto to grab Elijah, I don't understand why Elijah would just say "I don't like your band." If I met someone from a band I didn't like, I wouldn't just tell them that I thought their band sucked. I'm wondering if other words were discussed before that, or if Elijah is a dick as well.

I don't think Elijah told Jared that he didn't like his band in a face-to-face conversation. I think Jared was upset by a comment he made to Blender magazine back in 2003. Here it is:

Blender, Jan/Feb 2003

By Nick Duerden

...Movies, it seems, are only [Elijah Wood’s] second-favorite subject – when he talks about music, his blue eyes blaze: “I love music so much. But I would never try to be like other actors and attempt to make some myself. I mean, have you heard 30 Seconds to Mars?” Upon learning that Jared Leto’s nü-metal act has somehow managed to evade Blender’s ears, Wood nearly shouts: “Fucking awful, man! I love music too much to ever do it any harm.” ...

I think Elijah is a little b*tch sometimes. I mean, if he is so aware of music then he should realize that it has many faces and many sounds. I'm sure his comment is also tinged with disdain for crossover artists and he has green hobbit eyes of envy for any fellow actor who is attempting to take more of the spotlight. He knows he could never be Jared, not in a million f*cking years.

I just have a problem with anyone that imposes their definition of music on others, when the music in question seems to come from a genuine place of that artist. If it is purely manufactured pop that is another thing entirely. As far as 30seconds to mars goes, it seems to be genuine even if it isn't reinventing anything. I might be stoned right now but I just picture Elijah hearing Jared's song loudly as it is rattling his f*cking teacup.

30 Seconds to Mars is pretty fucking terrible though. Not to mention, Leto has started to dress like every other MTV fixated artist.

Elijah's no prized-catch either.

My solution: let them fight it out, a good old fashioned cock fight...but knowing them, it might turn into another cock fight.

Elijah has a right to his own opinion, regardless if he said Leto's band sucks or not. I mean geez, I've been told to my face, that me, my friends,my girlfriends, Momma, Daddy, etc. all suck. Doesn't mean I can get away with putting my foot in someone's ass. Elijah is like 3'2...if he said something condescending...just bend down and tap him on the head!

I guess I can see why Leto wears Mascara...whiny brat!

Hooligan Act

JARED Leto's bizarre behavior continued this week when the actor-turned-rocker stirred things up at Harry O's Tao in Park City. While Hasidic hip-hop artist Matisyahu was performing, Leto unsuccessfully tried chatting up Michelle Smith (rumored girlfriend of Chris Robinson), then began bumping into people in the crowded venue as he headed back to his table. When a fellow patron told Leto to "relax," Leto grabbed a liquor bottle and held it above the guy's head. Spies said when bouncers asked Leto to leave, he responded by holding up a beer bottle as he was led out. Reps for Leto told Page Six, "This story is completely untrue."

Elijah has a right to his own opinion, regardless if he said Leto's band sucks or not. I mean geez, I've been told to my face, that me, my friends,my girlfriends, Momma, Daddy, etc. all suck. Doesn't mean I can get away with putting my foot in someone's ass. Elijah is like 3'2...if he said something condescending...just bend down and tap him on the head!

ITA. It would be one thing if Elijah had sought out Jared and insulted him in person (but even that wouldn't warrant getting physical). Instead, he was giving an interview in which he discussed music and gave his opinion. Not to mention, IT WAS IN 2003! Let it go, Jared! Obviously you've found pretty big commercial success since then. You're receiving awards and your song is on the radio every 15 minutes.

It just seems to me that Jared is really insecure if he's going to let a comment from 2003 bug him at this point in time. It's a shame because I do think that he's really attractive (minus the stage makeup). Now I just think of him as needy.

ITA. It would be one thing if Elijah had sought out Jared and insulted him in person (but even that wouldn't warrant getting physical). Instead, he was giving an interview in which he discussed music and gave his opinion. Not to mention, IT WAS IN 2003! Let it go, Jared! Obviously you've found pretty big commercial success since then. You're receiving awards and your song is on the radio every 15 minutes.

It just seems to me that Jared is really insecure if he's going to let a comment from 2003 bug him at this point in time. It's a shame because I do think that he's really attractive (minus the stage makeup). Now I just think of him as needy.

His song is on the radio? They don't play it on my station. Anyway, everyone has the right to express their how they feel. Jared needs help.

His song is on the radio? They don't play it on my station. Anyway, everyone has the right to express their how they feel. Jared needs help.

OMG, I can't escape it! I don't know what area you live in, but I'm in Houston, so I have a lot of radio options. 30 Seconds to Mars have two singles on the airwaves right now. I hear their song, "The Kill," several times a day, no exxageration. Their other current single, "From Yesterday," is starting to creep up the US Hot 100 chart as well.

But I do know that when I lived in Oxford, MS, we hardly ever got anything new on the radio stations there unless it was country or FCC-friendly bubble-gum pop. They wouldn't be caught dead playing 30 Seconds to Mars.

Chapman film: Imagine there's no audience

John Lennon fans are calling for a boycott of a movie about his killer, Mark David Chapman, even as producers left Sundance without a distributor.

Two thousand people so far have signed an online petition pledging not to see Jarrett (J.P.) Schaefer's "Chapter 27," which stars Lindsay Lohan and a 60-pounds-heavier Jared Leto because "it fulfills Chapman's own prophecy of becoming famous through murdering Lennon" in 1980. Lohan has said she has gotten death threats, and Lennon's son Sean told TV's "The Insider": "Lindsay was my friend. I don't want to hurt her feelings by talking about it in public, but I think it's a bit of a tacky idea."

The film got raves from critics like Andrew O'Hehir, who said on Salon.com: "Leto veers from paranoid arrogance to painful flashes of reality," while "Schaefer ... creates [his] own highly compelling world, which is pretty much the prime directive in filmmaking."

"I think it's nonsense," executive producer John Flock told us of the boycott. "The people who are calling for a boycott more likely than not haven't seen it. It's not a sympathetic portrayal. He comes off as a monster in the end.

"And I think it was the single best individual performance at Sundance. I think he's going to be nominated for an Academy Award."

Flock added that "distributors are circling." Lohan, meanwhile, has decided to drop out of "A Woman of No Importance," the Oscar Wilde story she was to star in with Annette Bening. Lohan's spokeswoman Leslie Sloane Zelnick said the 20-year-old "decided not to push herself," and is already working on "I Know Who Killed Me" on an outpatient basis from the Wonderland rehab center.

NYDN

It's Tequila sunset for loverboy Leto

The queen of MySpace has one less pal: Jared Leto.

Tila (Tequila) Nguyen, who Time magazine called "the least lonely girl on the Internet" with 1.5 million friends on the Web site, has jettisoned the Maybelline-penciled "Panic Room" star.

The New York wild child claims that for three years, she had a sexual relationship with "an actor," who sources say is Leto - though he kept it hidden and then went AWOL.

The 25-year-old temptress wrote on her page: "A few months go by and all of a sudden I hear from this 'actor' person once again. You won't believe this ... but he was actually looking for an 'apology' from me! Are you f- out of your f- mind, a-? Why do I need to apologize for you being a f- a-?"

Just as Patsy Cline sang, Nguyen says Leto is "sweet to me when nobody is around, but when we are around other people, he acts like a different person."

Perhaps that's because Leto, who was one of Cameron Diaz's fiancés, had been linked to Lindsay Lohan and Scarlett Johansson during that time. The bisexual Nguyen often hooked up with Leto, sometimes with a friend, in the actor/musician's rehearsal studio, claims a knowledgeable source. Leto's spokeswoman Robin Baum told us, "All of this is completely false. ... The only truth is that Jared does know who she is."

But something certainly angered the beauty, who's in Adam Sandler's next flick, runs a merchandise empire and has a spread in Chaunce Hayden's Steppin' Out magazine. To top it off, she releases a vengeance video today for her Lil Jon-produced song, "I Love U," which is said to be about - you guessed it - Leto. Looks like the tor may need a shot of Tequila after all.

Jared Leto Gets His Face Smashed In At A Concert! Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

Filed Under: Icky Icky Poo > Jared Leto

This couldn't have happened to a better person!

Jared Leto broke his nose and suffered other injuries at a show in El Paso, Texas on Thursday.

The fucktard was hurt after he ran into the audience during his song The Kill and thousands of "fans" overpowered security and rushed toward him on the floor of County Coliseum.

Along with his nose, which was unintentionally broken, Leto suffered a foot injury and superficial injuries to his face and body.

"I've been producing shows for 25 years and this was one of the scariest moments I have witnessed," said the concert promoter. "We hope Jared's injuries are all minor and that he has a speedy recovery."

No fans were seriously injured, according to the band's spokesperson.

Leto finished the show and then spent the evening in the hospital.

That's rock 'n' roll

Source: Perez Hilton