Sign in to follow this  
MMM1

Kim Catrall

KIM DELIVERS

Page Six

February 25, 2008 -- SARAH Jessica Parker was always going to get paid a lot for her turn in "Sex and the City: The Movie," but Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon have their old frenemy, Kim Cattrall, to thank for getting them more money. A source told Page Six, "Kim's been bragging to everyone that she held out for more money on the film and, in turn, got better salaries" for Davis and Nixon. A rep for Cattrall told us of the delay in making the movie: "It was a complicated time in Kim's life. Her father was diagnosed with dementia and put into a home. She needed to take care of personal matters but is happy that, years later, the girls reunited to make a great movie."

Kim Cattrall: a mother haunted in the drama `My Boy Jack'

Kim Cattrall found many reasons to seize the role of Carrie Kipling, wife of British literary superstar Rudyard Kipling, in the film "My Boy Jack."

Airing on PBS' "Masterpiece Classic" (9 p.m. EDT Sunday; check local listings), the project had instant appeal: Cattrall is a lifelong Kipling fan.

"He wrote a poem that I loved as a kid called `The Way through the Woods,'" says the actress, 51. "I read `The Jungle Book,' and my dad bought me `Kim,' 'cause it was called `Kim.' Then I was shocked to find out someone with MY name was a boy."

Cattrall saw other reasons to sign on: "I had never played anyone who actually existed."

Prominent among the characters she has played is larger-than-life Samantha Jones, the seductress from "Sex and the City."

But in "My Boy Jack," she plays the real-life mother of John (Jack) Kipling, who, despite being just 17 and plagued by poor eyesight, is determined to fight for his country as World War I breaks out. Jack's influential father supports his patriotic zeal, and pulls strings to get the lad inducted. But as this true story unfolds, Carrie fears the worst for her son.

Jack is portrayed by Daniel Radcliffe, with no hint of Harry Potter. Meanwhile, Rudyard Kipling seems channeled by actor David Haig. He also wrote the script, adapting his own stage play, which opened in London in 1997.

"I always was very excited by the whole imperialistic period of the 1890s and the turn of the last century," says Cattrall, who, though raised on Canada's Vancouver Island, was born in Liverpool, England. "It was very grand and romantic, then came crashing to a halt after the first World War."

A grand yet wistful tone permeates "My Boy Jack," and Cattrall is a key agent. In her performance, she manifests grace, tenderness and firm resolve.

"We'll manage," says Carrie late in the film. "Oh, yes, we'll manage. I don't doubt that."

But what she's saying, without saying it, is: An era has begun where doubt takes hold.

For viewers who know her only as Samantha, Cattrall in "My Boy Jack" will be a revelation.

Of course, Samantha isn't gone from her life. "Sex and the City," though having finished its six-year HBO run in 2004, will vault to the big screen next month.

Just two weeks after wrapping "My Boy Jack" last summer in Ireland and England, Cattrall was back home in New York to start filming "Sex and the City" the movie.

"The first day on the set was just mayhem," Cattrall laughs. She and her co-stars — Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon and Sarah Jessica Parker — were on Park Avenue.

"We were just supposed to walk down the street. But there were SO many people out there watching! And paparazzi, trying to get the first shot of the four of us together! I have felt overwhelmed before, but THAT day I felt like a Beatle. It really unnerved me.

"But other than the first day, I had a real blast," she adds hastily. "It really was fun."

The film's May 30 opening is eagerly anticipated, especially by the series' devotees who wait to be convinced (while yearning to be) that a movie version was a good idea.

"Even at this late date, you just hope that it works," says Cattrall. "But it was also that way with the series. There was always a feeling of `I think we've gone too far' or `I think we said too much' or `I think we stayed too long'" — as the show's popularity and cultural impact proved otherwise.

Cattrall remembers being offered the role. By then, she'd had a busy, if not always artistically fulfilling, run (she was in the original "Porky's" and "Police Academy" as well as "Mannequin"), with lots of films and dozens of TV performances.

"But at that point," she says, "I sort of felt the heyday was coming to an end."

That is, she had left her 30s behind her. She figured Hollywood wouldn't approve.

"I would continue to do plays and, occasionally, a smaller role in a film," she told herself. "I thought if I did a television series, it would probably be as someone's mother in a recurring role.

"And that was actually OK for me," Cattrall insists. "I felt sad that maybe I wasn't gonna get to play the really plum roles in movies. But I felt that I'd done well."

Reconciled to that career track, she was skittish about taking on the role of Samantha.

"I didn't think I could play this vamp in her 40s. I didn't think I was up to it," she says. "Now I think: `How ridiculous!'

"Then I met the other girls. They were all in their early 30s!"

More trepidation. She took the leap anyway.

"I thought, `Well, OK! I might get laughed at. But here we go!'"

___

Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press.

Kim Cattrall Says No To Plastic Surgery

SEX + THE CITY star KIM CATTRALL has vowed never to go under the knife to stay looking young, because she is too scared plastic surgery could go wrong.

The actress looks younger than her 51 years, and insists she will continue to grow old gracefully.

Cattrall says of surgery, "I'm frightened about giving somebody that kind of control."

Source: contactmusic

Kim Cattrall's Sex Denial

Kim Cattrall has denied she only starred in 'Sex and the City: The Movie' for the money.

The actress - who stars as PR executive Samantha Jones in the hit US TV show and upcoming movie - reportedly turned down the movie because the money wasn't good enough, but Kim says that wasn't the real reason.

She said: "I think, looking back four years ago when we were first discussing a movie, it was a really tough time for me in my personal life. I was going through a divorce and my job of seven years was coming to an end.

"Then my dad was diagnosed with dementia which was the toughest thing of all, and we had to put him in a home. I returned to Canada where my family is - that's really the reason behind it. It wasn't all about the money."

Kim's co-star Sarah Jessica Parker has defended the actress, insisting she was entitled to consider money before agreeing to the movie.

She said: "I heard a number of differing stories, but I never interrogated Kim. At the beginning I thought it was about money. She had mentioned money a bunch of times and nobody should vilify her for that. I think people made a decision that we had vilified her and I think that was very unfair.

"She's talked publicly about the money being an issue and I think she has every right to do that. But the best thing that came out of it is that we are doing this film now and I think we get to tell a much better story by waiting a few years. This was the right time."

Source: people.monstersandcritics.com

Kim Cattrall Says No To Plastic Surgery

Well, maybe she says no to more plastic surgery, but her current nose is not the one she was born with.

Kim Cattrall Speaks Out On Nude Cookery

Kim Cattrall has responded to rumours that she enjoys cooking in the nude at home.

The Sex And The City actress said that her hobby can sometimes have painful results when using a hob.

Speaking on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Cattrall said: "My boyfriend always puts a little oil in the pan and that can hurt.

"I was in a grocery store over the weekend and someone slipped me an apron and said, 'Just in case it might be true, here, protect yourself, girlfriend'."

Cattrall, 51, is currently dating 28-year-old Canadian chef Alan Wyse. Commenting on the age gap, she added: "I'm limitless as far as age is concerned - as long as he has a driver's licence. I don't want to pick him up!"

Source: digitalspy.co.uk

Cattrall Starring in HBO Series

HBO has tapped the ''Sex and the City'' star for another sex-themed show set in New York, about a middle-aged wife and mother who rediscovers her sexuality

(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) – Sex and the City's Kim Cattrall is starring in another sex-themed HBO comedy series set in New York. The actress, who plays Samantha in SATC, will star as a middle-aged wife and mother who rediscovers her sexuality and begins to question the choices she has made in life. The show is an adaptation of the British series Sensitive Skin, which aired on BBC Two for two seasons, starring Joanna Lumley as a well-to-do ex-model working at an art gallery in London. Cattrall will also executive produce, and Emmy-winning Sopranos scribes Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green are writing. The show is part of a deal Cattrall made with HBO when she signed on to do the Sex and the City movie, which opened last weekend, and is the second post-SATC collaboration between the actress and HBO, following 2005's documentary Kim Cattrall: Sexual Intelligence, which she produced and starred in. (Hollywood Reporter)

Posted Image

DOG DAYS

Kim Cattrall toted a handful of pooches while opening London's Harrods department store summer sale on Monday.

Maybe just because I've been watching the reruns of S&TC on T&T lately, but it seems like all of a sudden she really aged.

Maybe just because I've been watching the reruns of S&TC on T&T lately, but it seems like all of a sudden she really aged.

Maybe so, but I really love the fact that she's showing her age gracefully. She totally doesn't look like she's had anything done to her face.

Maybe so, but I really love the fact that she's showing her age gracefully. She totally doesn't look like she's had anything done to her face.

Agreed :)

She's had plenty done to her face, but it's been subtle and appropriate. I agree that she looks fantastic!

Fair enough, I didn't mean to imply she'd had NOTHING done (I mean, it is Hollywood after all), but it just doesn't LOOK like it. :)

DATE NIGHT!

Kim Cattrall, 52, and her 29-year-old beau, chef Allan Wyse, cuddled at the "Pipilotti Rist: Pour Your Body Out" exhibit opening Wednesday in NYC.

Posted Image

PUh-leeze. Grow up, both of you.

Okay, this cracked me up . . . on DListed, as part of an SJP article . . (http://www.dlisted.com/node/33733)

....Here's some pictures of SJP outside of her house yesterday and also some pictures of Kim Cattrall looking like a prettier, younger, fresher version of Kiki Dunst while making her way to the SATC2 set......

Kim Cattrall Over Cougars

Kim Cattrall wants to make the most of being comfortable with sex.

The 51-year-old actress - famed for her man-eating character Samanatha Jones in the 'Sex and the City' TV series and movies - says she's over the trend of older women dating younger men and thinks the stereotype of a so called "cougar" is dead.

She said: "Cougar is passe. I think we're on to something else now. It's not about kitten or cougar - we're moving beyond those stereotypes.

"It's about so much more than just being a woman on the prowl - there's a lot more going on than that. We've done the work, let's enjoy the party. Let's not limit ourselves to labels. 'Cougar' makes it all feel one-dimensional. It's not."

Kim - who recently split from her toyboy chef boyfriend Alan Wyse - says she owes a lot to her on-screen alter-ego for showing the world that women who enjoy sex also have other important things going on in their lives.

She said: "It's why I feel 'cougar' is way over now. It's gone beyond that. It's about a fully realised woman who works and plays and is successful and does all those things on her own terms. That's much more rounded than a cougar could ever be."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Kim Catrall Blames Split On Workload

Kim Cattrall blames the breakdown of her relationship with chef Alan Wyse on her busy work schedule - but is still hopeful she will find lasting love.

The actress split from Canadian cook last year (09) after a five-year romance and had previously been married three times.

But despite being single at 53, the feisty blonde is sure she'll settle down again for good.

She says, "It’s very hard for someone not involved in this business to really understand what it’s about.

"You work 12-hour days, and something like a series literally consumes your life. I think it’s just time not there, really. But I’m still hopeful that I’ll meet someone."

And Catrall's hectic schedule shows no sign of slowing down with The Ghost Writer and Sex and the City 2 on the horizon.

Sex and the City 2 sees her return to the character of Samantha as they hit TV show ventures onto the big screen for a second time.

There are also rumours of a third film in the pipeline.

Source femalefirst

Kim Cattrall Would Be Happy Without Sex

Kim Cattrall would have been "fine" without 'Sex and the City'.

The 53-year-old star - who won her role in the series about a group of four friends in New York at the age of 42 - claims that although the show turned her from a jobbing actress to a household name, she would have been happy without the success it has brought.

She said: "If it hadn't come along I think I'd have been alright too. I'd have a really good, strong, journeyman actress career. That would have been fine."

Kim - who plays Samantha Jones in the show and its spin-off movies - even said she didn't take to the script when she first read it, saying she saw only a "miserable" woman and a group of people she "didn't care" about.

Despite eventually signing on for the series, Kim admits she thought it was a "scary" thing to do.

She explained: "When you sign a contract to do a series, you're effectively signing away six, possibly seven, years of your life based on 30 pages of dialogue. That's a little scary."

Source femalefirst

Kim Cattrall Swears Off “Young Hunks”

KIM Cattrall’s days as a cougar are over!

The 53-year-old Sex and the City star — who split from partner Alan Wyse, 30, late last year — is on the hunt for a new man, but she’s keen to find someone her own age.

“Kim is through with younger men — now she’s on the hunt for an older, more mature man,” a source told American tabloid the National Enquirer.

“Kim still believes in true love, and she wants to marry again. But with Alan, Kim felt more like a baby sitter than a girlfriend — and they had ferocious fights over marriage and kids.

“The bottom line is that she wants a serious, grown-up relationship now.

“Since Kim and Alan split, she’s been besieged with offers from guys young enough to be her grandsons.

“She’s flattered, but not interested. She put her friends on notice that if they want to play matchmaker, she’ll consider only dates who are close to her age or older.

“Kim is in a great place physically, emotionally and career-wise. She is definitely on the prowl again, just not for young hunks.”

Source showbizspy.com

Kim Cattrall's Communication Halt

Kim Cattrall has banned herself from calling her family.

The Liverpool-born actress - whose family emigrated to Canada when she was just three months old, returning for five years when she was 11 - plays British divorcee Amanda in new play 'Private Lives' on London's West End and she has had to take drastic measures to ensure nothing jeopardises her accurate portrayal of the character.

She said: "I'm not calling home as much as I used to because I start sounding American again.

"I've been around British accents all my life. But I've worked quite hard to get it right."

Kim - who worked with a dialect coach and immersed herself in British television to prepare for the play - is best known for her role as Samantha Jones in 'Sex and the City'.

Despite being divorced three times, the 53-year-old star insists she is nothing like her man-eater alter ego.

She added to the BBC: "As you can see, I don't talk like Samantha or act like Samantha unless I'm paid to. In some ways, I wish I was more like her, she's so ballsy."

Kim is proud of her youthful looks but admits she hates having her appearance judged on her age.

She fumed: "This adage 'She looks good for her age'... Why can't I just 'look good?' "

Despite her advancing years, Kim insists she has no desire to turn back the clock.

Asked if she wanted to be 25 again, she told Easy Living magazine: "God, no. No, no, no. I had a good time but I don't want to be 25, and I don't want to look that way, either. I like the way I look, and I like the way I feel."

Source contactmusic

Kim Cattrall Not Sure About Cosmetic Surgery

KIM Cattrall says she isn’t “ready” for plastic surgery.

The Sex and the City actress is scared her face will become unrecognizable if she goes under the knife.

“I don’t think ‘not for me’, I just don’t know yet,” she said. “I think in some cases men and women are dipping – deep! But I don’t think I’m ready for it.

“I think the greatest fear is that you look in the mirror and you don’t see you. I like to look in the mirror and think I look good.

“I try and take care of myself, but I don’t ever want to get to the point where I don’t see myself, that would be really scary.”

Source showbizspy.com