Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Celebrity Acts of Dumbness

Scots eye Keith Richards smoking onstage By The Associated Press GLASGOW, Scotland - Keith Richards may have violated Scotland's smoking ban by lighting up during a Rolling Stones concert. The Glasgow City Council said Sunday it heard from journalists that the 62-year-old guitarist was smoking during a Friday night performance."It's been brought to our attention that he was smoking, and we'll be looking into it," a council spokesman said on condition of anonymity, in keeping with city policy. "We do take our responsibilities for enforcement very seriously."Scotland's ban on smoking in enclosed public places, including theaters and sports venues, took effect in March. Violators can be fined up to $95.The spokesman did not know whether the journalists who spoke to the council had been at the concert, part of the band's "A Bigger Bang" tour.No one answered the phone Sunday at the offices of Richards' publicists, LD Communications in London.In the Scottish capital, officials warned during the Edinburgh Fringe Festival earlier this month that they would close down a theater if actor Mel Smith lit a cigar during his portrayal of Winston Churchill in the play "Allegiance." Smith eventually agreed to keep the cigar unlit.

Stones smoker didn't break law after allGLASGOW, Scotland (AP) -- Keith Richards won't be fined for reportedly lighting up during a Rolling Stones concert in Scotland.The stage at Hampden Park, where the band performed Friday night on their "A Bigger Bang" tour, is exempt from a new law that bans smoking in enclosed public places, the Glasgow City Council said Monday.Violators of the new law, which took effect in March, can be fined up to $95. The ban includes theaters and sports venues.Richards' publicists at LD Communications in London did not immediately return a call seeking comment.The City Council said it had heard from journalists that the 62-year-old guitarist was smoking during the performance, but it wasn't known whether the journalists had been at the concert.Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

usmagazine.comJon Voight has been trying to reach out to estranged daughter Angelina Jolie these last few months by making public appeals requesting to see his grandchildren. So it’s all the more unfortunate that he totally messed up an on-camera red carpet shout out to granddaughter Zahara last week, mistaking the one-and-a-half-year-old for a 29-year-old singer whose hips don’t lie. TMZ has the video from the BAFTA Tea Party on August 26, honoring Emmy Award nominees, but here’s the crux of the awkwardness: Voight: “Maddox just had a birthday. Happy birthday, Maddox! 5 years old–it’s a big one! You’re getting to be a young man, and I send my love to you. And send my love to…uh…Shakira…and…Shahira… [To reporter] Is it Shakira or Shahira?” Reporter: “Zahara.” Voight: “Shahara! Shahara!” This isn’t likely to have Angie climbing out of her Range Rover and into his arms anytime soon, but Voight shouldn’t feel too bad. Everyone knows adopted children don’t count anyway.

Bathroom update: Kyra's flushedCNN anchor Kyra Phillips was caught with her skirt down yesterday when she left her microphone on during a trip to the ladies room.The mortifying episode came when Phillips stepped away from her desk during coverage of President Bush's Hurricane Katrina anniversary speech. Viewers saw Dubya's lips moving, but they heard Phillips pulling down a zipper and making girl talk with another woman in the rest room."I have the most handsome man," Phillips gushed. "Just a really passionate, great, great human being. And they exist! They are hard to find, but they are out there."Phillips' sister-in-law didn't get such positive treatment. "I've gotta be protective of [my brother]," she was heard saying as she washed her hands. "He's married, three kids, but his wife is just a control freak!"The mishap had CNN producers cringing."I hope it doesn't look like Kyra made a mistake, because it was actually a technical malfunction, not a human error," an insider told The News' Ken Bazinet.The network later said in a statement: "CNN experienced audio difficulties during the President's speech today in New Orleans. We apologize to our viewers and the President for the disruption."Doesn't the sister-in-law deserve an apology, too?

Dave Chappelle Doesn't Regret Leaving Show, Might Miss Money Wednesday, August 30, 2006 WILBERFORCE, Ohio — Dave Chappelle doesn't regret his decision to walk away from a $50 million deal to continue his hit Comedy Central television show. However, he might miss the money. Halting his "Chappelle's Show" last year was "one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life," the 33-year-old comedian said Tuesday while addressing the opening convocation at Central State University."Now, economically it makes no sense at all," he added.His sudden "spiritual retreat" to South Africa on the eve of his show's third season left the series in limbo. He has since returned to performing standup and released the concert documentary "Dave Chappelle's Block Party."Chappelle, who lives near the southwest Ohio village of Yellow Springs, encouraged students not to compromise their values."It's good to have a vision for your life, but your moral conduct and your moral code should be priceless," he said. "You should just have some values that you just hold, that you won't sell at any price."Central State's marching band played before Chappelle's hour-plus talk. The band was featured in the "Block Party" documentary.

Report: T.O. attempted suicide

Police report says wideout tried to overdose himself

Terrell Owens told his friend "that he was depressed."

AP

DALLAS (AP) -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened, according to a police report obtained Wednesday.

Owens left the hospital late Wednesday morning, giving reporters a "thumbs up" but making no comment as he was driven away in an SUV.

Publicist Kim Etheredge said in various interviews Wednesday with Dallas-area media that the police have gotten the story wrong. She said she was with Owens, who was having trouble because he'd mixed his pain pills with supplements. She said she called for help because he was becoming unresponsive.

Etheredge did not immediately respond to repeated calls and e-mails from The Associated Press.

The Dallas police report said Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, 'Yes."'

The report said the 32-year-old Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the police report were first reported by WFAA-TV.

Police Lt. Rick Watson said during a brief news conference that he could only confirm that paramedics called police to say they were taking Owens to the hospital. He said no more details would come from the police because no laws were broken.

"This is a high-profile person. We looked into it, and we determined it is not a criminal offense," Watson said. "This a medical type of situation that occurred."

NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders said he spoke with Owens shortly before his release from the hospital and that Owens was in good spirits.

"The fact that it has been reported a suicide attempt, he's laughed at that notion. It was a case that medication that was taken wasn't accepted well in his system with the other vitamins he's on," Sanders said.

Watson and fire department spokesman Joel Lavender cited privacy laws for the lack of information they could provide. Lavender said more details could come from the 911 call. The AP filed a request under the Freedom of Information Act to get the contents of the call.

"Let's just look at the tape, review the tape," Lavender said. "I'll give you an honest answer once I know something."

At the police news conference, Watson released a version of the police narrative with certain sections blacked out. The full report was obtained by several news outlets and reported first by WFAA. The AP received the full version from WFAA.

Report: T.O. attempted suicide

Police report says wideout tried to overdose himself

Terrell Owens told his friend "that he was depressed."

AP

DALLAS (AP) -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened, according to a police report obtained Wednesday.

Owens left the hospital late Wednesday morning, giving reporters a "thumbs up" but making no comment as he was driven away in an SUV.

Publicist Kim Etheredge said in various interviews Wednesday with Dallas-area media that the police have gotten the story wrong. She said she was with Owens, who was having trouble because he'd mixed his pain pills with supplements. She said she called for help because he was becoming unresponsive.

Etheredge did not immediately respond to repeated calls and e-mails from The Associated Press.

The Dallas police report said Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, 'Yes."'

The report said the 32-year-old Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the police report were first reported by WFAA-TV.

Police Lt. Rick Watson said during a brief news conference that he could only confirm that paramedics called police to say they were taking Owens to the hospital. He said no more details would come from the police because no laws were broken.

"This is a high-profile person. We looked into it, and we determined it is not a criminal offense," Watson said. "This a medical type of situation that occurred."

NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders said he spoke with Owens shortly before his release from the hospital and that Owens was in good spirits.

"The fact that it has been reported a suicide attempt, he's laughed at that notion. It was a case that medication that was taken wasn't accepted well in his system with the other vitamins he's on," Sanders said.

Watson and fire department spokesman Joel Lavender cited privacy laws for the lack of information they could provide. Lavender said more details could come from the 911 call. The AP filed a request under the Freedom of Information Act to get the contents of the call.

"Let's just look at the tape, review the tape," Lavender said. "I'll give you an honest answer once I know something."

At the police news conference, Watson released a version of the police narrative with certain sections blacked out. The full report was obtained by several news outlets and reported first by WFAA. The AP received the full version from WFAA.

He seems like another Mike Tyson....a disaster waiting to happen...

Smith's son dies from lethal drug dose: report 30 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actress and model Anna Nicole Smith's son, Daniel Smith, died of a lethal combination of drugs that caused an irregular heart beat, People Magazine reported on its Web site on Wednesday.

The report quoted pathologist Cyril Wecht, who was hired by Smith to look into her son's September 10 death, as saying Daniel Smith died from a combination of methadone, Zoloft and Lexapro that led to cardiac dysrhythmia.

People Magazine said Wecht got the results of toxicology tests from National Medical Services in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania

Daniel Smith, 20, died while visiting his mother in a hospital in the Bahamas where she had given birth to a baby girl. His death has been shrouded in mystery since then.

The People magazine report could not be immediately confirmed, and official autopsy and toxicology reports are being withheld until an October 23 inquest.

Terrell Owens Says He Didn't Attempt Suicide

Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens said Wednesday that he did not try to commit suicide by overdosing on pain medication, as had been reported earlier.

"There was no suicide attempt," the NFL star said before more than 100 reporters at Valley Ranch, the Dallas Cowboys' practice facility. "Rumors of me taking 35 pills are absurd."

Owens, who was hospitalized Tuesday night, said he'd had a bad reaction after mixing supplements with pain medication that he'd been taking for an injured hand. "I took some extra pills with my supplement," he said.

He said he'd been taking the pain medication hydrocodone; as for the supplements: "The list is too long to tell you everything I take."

Owens also denied a statement in the police report that he'd said he was depressed. "No, I'm not depressed by any means. I'm very happy to be here. I'm here to help the team get on a roll."

Asked if he planned to play in Sunday's game, Owens said he'd just finished working out, "so I feel very capable of going and playing Sunday."

Owens's publicist, Kim Etheredge, who was with him Tuesday night, said at the news conference that she'd called 911 when she noticed Owens was non-responsive to her questions.

"When I see a man of his stature not responding and I know he's not feeling well, I used my judgment to call 911," she said. "I did not say that Terrell was depressed. Terrell did not say he was depressed.

"Terrell has 25 million reasons that he should be alive," Etheredge concluded, referring to the three-year, $25 million contract that Owens signed with the Cowboys in March.

Earlier on Wednesday, Dallas-Ft. Worth TV station WFAA-TV obtained a police report stating that Owens had attempted to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication.

The police report said that paramedics asked Owens if he'd finished off a bottle of 35 pills, and he replied, "Yes." When asked if he was trying to harm himself, he said, "Yes."

Owens later said that he was not coherent and had only vague memories of the questions asked by doctors, paramedics and police officers on Tuesday night.

Earlier Wednesday, Dallas Police Lt. Rick Watson confirmed that officers had met paramedics at the location where Owens was being treated before he was taken to Baylor Medical Center. Police determined there were no criminal matters involved in the incident, Watson said.

"This is a high-profile person. We looked into it and we determined it is not a criminal offense," Watson said. "This a medical type of situation that occurred."

S.I.com reports:

DALLAS -- Terrell Owens' broken right hand is healing, to the point where it looks like the Cowboys receiver may play in Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans in Nashville. But three days after his trip to the Baylor University Medical Center emergency room -- an incident first reported as a suicide attempt but since classified as an accidental overdose by the Dallas police -- Owens' mind still isn't right.

While acknowledging that he has felt the support of numerous people close to him since being released from the hospital Wednesday morning, Owens told SI.com on Friday that he is hurt by his former fiancée's failure to contact or visit him over the past few days.

"Her not reaching out to me really hit home," Owens said Friday in his first public comments since the nationally televised press conference he conducted from the Cowboys' training facility Wednesday afternoon. "You can tell someone you love them all day long, but for her to not even show up, after all the years we've spent together -- that's not love. It hurts. But I'm glad I know."

Without identifying his longtime girlfriend by name, Owens indicated that she is the same woman referenced in Wednesday's Dallas Morning News, which quoted his longtime trainer, James "Buddy" Primm. According to Primm, a woman to whom Owens was engaged ended their relationship on Monday, one of two traumatic events that created a "perfect storm" of emotional devastation on his part. (Primm also told the Morning News that Owens was upset over not having been able to be with his son -- from a previous relationship -- on the boy's seventh birthday Monday.)

"We've been broken up for a while," Owens clarified Friday, "but we've been trying to work it out. Now I know where we stand, though."

The woman -- believed to be Felisha Terrell, whom Owens, in a July 24 Sports Illustrated story, said he had met in July 2004 and hoped to marry in the coming year -- could not be reached for comment.

Owens, speaking to SI.com in a nearly deserted locker room at the close of Friday's media-access period, said he has been heartened by the responses of many people close to him, some of whom immediately traveled to Dallas upon learning of his hospitalization. He said former San Francisco 49ers practice-squad receiver Jimmy Farris, who now lives in Atlanta (he played for the Falcons from 2002 to '04), "flew down right away and has been staying at my house. My cousin flew down, and so did my pastor. And another friend flew in from San Jose -- she was on her way to New York [on Tuesday], but she said God told her to come see me instead."

That friend, said Owens, "was with me Thursday night, and I was telling her about what I was going through and how certain people weren't there for me. She said something that really put it best: 'We can all say we love somebody, but there's a difference between superficial love and godly love.' God is going to be there no matter what you do. That's what I would have expected from my friend [and former fiancée], to be there, and the fact that she wasn't tells me all I need to know. It's really disappointing."

Owens, who exchanged text messages with ex-Niners teammate Derrick Deese while sitting at his locker Friday, said the events of the past week "made me realize what people really, really care about. There have been a lot of people reaching out, and some who haven't."

He reiterated his assertion, made in Wednesday's press conference, that he had not attempted suicide, stating, "It's ridiculous how people can take something and blow it out of proportion."

Mike Silvers Open Mike link

ybf blogspot reports she dropped him because of cheating...

George Michael's Double Whammy

E! Online

If George Michael wants to keep singing about his "Freedom," he'd better learn to curtail his drug-induced snoozes. Or at least find less noticeable places to doze off.

In a virtual embarrassing detail-for-embarrassing detail repeat of the "Careless Whisper" singer's February arrest, Michael was again found slumped over in his car in London early Sunday and arrested on suspicion of drug possession.

The former Wham! frontman was discovered hunched over the wheel of his BMW at a traffic light in the North London suburb of Cricklewood. Officers were called to the scene by fellow drivers who claimed their attempts at honking and window-banging failed to wake the aging pop star.

"At approximately 3:22 a.m. on Sunday morning officers were informed of a stationary vehicle with a driver inside causing an obstruction at traffic lights," a spokesperson for Scotland Yard said without identifying Michael by name, per department policy. "Officers arrested a 43-year-old man on suspicion of being unfit to drive and possession of a controlled substance believed to be cannabis."

According to the Daily Mirror, Michael was engaging in the mid-lane catnap just a mile away from his estate and was on his way home after a night of clubbing.

The tabloid claimed that officers were able to wake Michael at the scene and administered a Breathalyzer test, which he failed. The cops then called a doctor to examine the singer, who was deemed "completely out of it."

"There was a concern a mix of drugs and alcohol may have had a bad effect on him," a spokesperson for London's Metropolitan Police told the paper.

"A doctor was called out to take a blood sample but thought [Michael] seemed ill and decided he needed to go to the hospital in case he was in a more serious condition."

Michael was admitted to the nearby Royal Free Hospital and discharged two hours later, at which point he was taken to the police station.

According to the Mirror, cops had found a small amount of marijuana in Michael's pocket and arrested the singer on both possession of the drug and suspicion of being unfit to drive under the influence. He was given a caution and released on bail.

Michael's partner, Kenny Goss, told reporters Sunday night that the "Faith" singer "has nothing to say" about the arrest.

"He's fine and I've got him a McDonald's."

There's an endorsement.

It's the second time this year Michael has unwittingly pulled the roadside sleeping-beauty routine and the third time he's been involved in a traffic violation.

Last February, Michael received a caution from police after being found slumped in his BMW in London in possession of both cannabis and liquid Ecstasy, with officers also recovering sex toys from his car.

In April, the singer slammed his Range Rover into three vehicles on a street outside his North London mansion and drove off without telling anyone. No charges were filed in the bust-up, though $8,000 worth of damages was reportedly done.

In the meantime, Michael is scheduled to resume his comeback tour tonight in Lyon, France, followed by a string of gigs in Milan. The '80s icon was just four dates into his tour, his first time on the road in nearly 15 years, at the time of his arrest.

He's due in court Nov. 20 to determine whether he will face charges stemming from the incident.

Room For Two

ELLE Macpherson has seen the light - with the help of the Dalai Lama. The Aussie beauty was thinking of suing Heidi Klum for appropriating her nickname, "The Body," as Elle had been dubbed by Time magazine in a 1986 cover story. But after meeting with the Buddhist leader, Macpherson decided to let it go. "A few people have made me stop in my tracks and the Dalai Lama would be one of them," she said. "It's no big deal for me. She can have it."

Keith Richards: 'I Snorted My Father'

LONDON (AP) - Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all.

In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.

"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.

"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.

"I was No. 1 on the `who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.

Handyman Busted For DUI

Filed under: Ty Pennington

Posted Image

You know the guy who reveals the houses to the families and always makes me cry? Seriously, when there's a lesbian in a wheelchair with her eighteen kids, four of whom are burn victims, and they've been living in a drainage ditch for a year and they get to see their new mansion - I sob and exclaim that "everyone should have a home!" between shuddery intakes of breath as snot runs down my face. Seriously, "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is torture for a sensitive person such as myself. Anyway, Ty got pinched for driving whilst hammered.

"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" star Ty Pennington was arrested early Saturday morning in Los Angeles on suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol and drugs while driving.

The hottie carpenter, who got his start on the TLC hit "Trading Spaces," was arrested at 12:35 AM. He was released two hours later after posting $5000 bail.

Maybe having to be nice to all the people with organs on the outside who have to run nursing homes with no running water finally got to him and he needed a couple of booze drinks. Keep reading for the apology and attempt to keep his job.

"I made an error in judgment. We all make mistakes, however this is about accountability. Under no circumstances should anyone consume alcohol while driving. I could have jeopardized the lives of others and I am grateful there was no accident or harm done to anyone. This was my wake-up call. I also want to apologize to my fans, ABC Television and my design team for my lapse in judgment and the embarrassment I have caused."

-Ty Pennington, May 7, 2007

God I hope this means he's not going to be designing children's rooms that look like comic book stores anymore. I wanted that room! Or the teenage girl's room that has the stage for lip-synching and karaoke? That was hot! Prepare for the inevitable Ty in Rehab announcement.

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/07/handym...ted_for_dui.php

Akon Jailbait Seems Unsure If She's Upset About The Incident Or Not

Filed under: Akon

Posted Image

So the youngster in question has a MySpace page and she's showing off a photo from the night Akon simul-raped her and not exactly sounding as traumatized by the evening as she was made out to be. Now before comment boards go berserk, I realize she's a kid and maybe unclear. I'm just pointing out the news, bitches.

Danah Alleyne, or as she call herself on MySpace, "Diva Trixie," claims to be 19 and writes, "I'm a BITCH oh well... ima bitch, ive got class, mess wid me and i'll kick ur ass!!"

A 15-year-old searching for her identity probably shouldn't be looking for it in an 18-and-over club, especially at an Akon concert! Danah has posted a picture from the night of the controversial event, and the caption says, "girls nite out! best time!!" Not quite the way she described the evening to the Trinidad Express.

Judge for yourselves. But she definitely has the rhyming skills down. Go on, Diva Trixie.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/11/akon_j...dent_or_not.php

Akon Jailbait Seems Unsure If She's Upset About The Incident Or Not

Filed under: Akon

Posted Image

So the youngster in question has a MySpace page and she's showing off a photo from the night Akon simul-raped her and not exactly sounding as traumatized by the evening as she was made out to be. Now before comment boards go berserk, I realize she's a kid and maybe unclear. I'm just pointing out the news, bitches.

Danah Alleyne, or as she call herself on MySpace, "Diva Trixie," claims to be 19 and writes, "I'm a BITCH oh well... ima bitch, ive got class, mess wid me and i'll kick ur ass!!"

A 15-year-old searching for her identity probably shouldn't be looking for it in an 18-and-over club, especially at an Akon concert! Danah has posted a picture from the night of the controversial event, and the caption says, "girls nite out! best time!!" Not quite the way she described the evening to the Trinidad Express.

Judge for yourselves. But she definitely has the rhyming skills down. Go on, Diva Trixie.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/11/akon_j...dent_or_not.php

He is disgusting and the girl is an idiot if she does not realise what was done to her. I know this type of dancing is popular in the Carribean but that does not take away from the fact that what he did was a disgraceful......and his music sucks to...nbody waaaants too se us togeeeeeeeeether...ugh somebody get me some cotton wool for my bleeding ears! -_-

He is disgusting and the girl is an idiot if she does not realise what was done to her. I know this type of dancing is popular in the Carribean but that does not take away from the fact that what he did was a disgraceful......and his music sucks to...nbody waaaants too se us togeeeeeeeeether...ugh somebody get me some cotton wool for my bleeding ears! -_-

Hahaha. :lol: :lol:

That song of his "nobody wants to see us together" is basically different lyrics to the "Ignition" song by R. Kelly. I guess child molesters have the same taste in music? Although...I think it's important to note that while the girl is 14...and the daughter of a preacher man...why was she at that concert anyway, dressed as a slut? Now, I'm not a woman...but it's about to get a whole lot misogynistic in here: why would she wear an outfit like that...I mean, you aren't trying to get people to notice your shoes.

Frankly, she doesn't look 14 to me...but I don't think that argument holds up in court...but I totally see your point about him being an annoying waste of time.

I am a woman and I agree that she dressed like a slut. She does NOT look like 14 years old.

Mel C: 'I won’t reunite with Spice Girls'

By TAMARA HARDINGHAM-GILL

Last updated at 16:06pm on 22nd May 2007

Melanie C has put a spanner in the works for plans for a Spice Girls reunion.

The 33-year-old has insisted that she has no plans to reunite with the girls and is concentrating on her solo career.

The girls have been spotted together a number of times in the last few months, fuelling speculation that a reunion may be on the cards but in an interview with OK magazine Melanie insists that if it does go ahead, it may be without her:

"I don't want to be the spoilsport, no pun intended, but if the other four do it then I think I'll be in a dilemma.

"I don't want to be the person that stops it from being the complete set, but in my heart of hearts it's not something I want to do."

Melanie C was the only Spice Girl who didn't attend David Beckham’s birthday bash where the girls reportedly made plans for a reunion assault.

While Victoria Beckham, Mel B, Emma and Geri Halliwell's solo-careers have stalled in recent years Melanie C has just released her fourth album, her last single I Want Candy was featured on the soundtrack of the film of the same name.

Spice Girls founder Simon Fuller recently criticised Melanie for her reluctance to reform with her former bandmates.

"All of the girls are up for it and the reunion will definitely happen in the next 18 months

"The only person showing any reluctance is Mel C. She thinks her solo career is bigger than the band, which is just not the case.

"She needs to wise up and realise a reunion would be amazing for everybody concerned. Emma and Geri are meeting her soon to discuss everything and convince her to finally sign a deal."

The Spice Girls were one of the most successful girl bands ever, selling over 53 million albums.

Surveillance

Emma Thompson and a male pal drew disgusted stares from fellow diners (including Will Smith ) when they pulled out cigarettes and lit up at their center table at the Waverly Inn Tuesday night.

A-Rod's Wife Is Incredibly Appropriate

Filed under: Alex Rodriguez

Posted Image

Reason #341,890 why Yankees suck. Alex Rodriguez' horrible wife thought it would be hot to wear a tank top that said "f*ck you" on the back of it to Yankees Stadium. You classy bitch! Apparently, parents of kids in the stands weren't delirious over this move.

Cynthia Rodriguez was spotted at Yankees Stadium wearing a white tank that said, on its back, "F--- You." The Post notes that she was sitting with her 2-year-old daughter and that many young fans saw the shirt. A spectator told the Post one father took his 10-year-old son away, "I mean this kid was right in back of Cynthia - his nose must have been about 4 inches away from the words 'F--- you.'"

Interestingly enough - banners or clothing with obscenities are banned at Yankees Stadium and someone should have given her the bum's rush. Security was alerted but nothing was done. Just like nothing was done when A-Rod was running around with a disturbingly muscular stripper on his arm two months ago. No wonder why she's wearing cranky tank tops.

http://socialitelife.com/2007/07/02/arods_...appropriate.php

DMX's House Raided--12 Dying Pit Bulls Seized

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Department conducted a raid this morning at the Cave Creek, Arizona home of rapper/actor DMX.

Relying on a tip, deputies entered the home and grounds and seized 12 pit bulls who were all sick and many close to death. DMX -- real name Earl Simmons was not at home at the time of the raid.

This is not the first time DMX has had a problem taking care of his "pets." In 2002, DMX plead guilty to animal cruelty for neglecting 13 pit bulls. As part of that sentence he was required to film public service announcements speaking out against animal abuse.

Guess he should have watched his own PSA's.