princess

Charlie Sheen

I may take some flack for this...but I blame the Producer(s) for this. That's right, I said it. :blink:

Why BobbyD - because they let his antics go on unchecked? Because they didn't help him? Or because he is right?

Yeah, he's off his meds.

Oh I agree completely. This has the hallmarks of a raging manic episode.

The fact his brain is probably so screwed up from drug use probably won't be helping.

Yeah, he's off his meds.

The fact his brain is probably so screwed up from drug use probably won't be helping.

While it sure sounds manic, I question whether Charlie was ever on any psychiatric meds in the first place. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy to dabble in anything of a non illicit nature.

Yeah, he's off his meds.

While it sure sounds manic, I question whether Charlie was ever on any psychiatric meds in the first place. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy to dabble in anything of a non illicit nature.

Agreed, and he also seems to have way, way too much of an ego to seek help for or acknowledge any mental illness. Edited by esherk

Yeah, he's off his meds.

His substance abuse problems might be seen in a new light if that's the case.

His use may be linked to trying to cover the illness, possibly.

och what a mess.

Edited by tulip19

They're going to lose. They're going to lose in a courtroom, so I would recommend that they settle out of court."

Precious...the rock star from Mars recommends an out-of-court settlement...someone needs to strap him down and settle his whacky mind with some bipolar Rx. And NBC/ABC etc should stop catering to his insanity

Just my opinion, but I think he was self-medicating with drugs and alcohol. Now that he's clean, his manic-ness is uncontained.

Just my opinion, but I think he was self-medicating with drugs and alcohol. Now that he's clean, his manic-ness is uncontained.

What a completely sad, fucked up situation.

Some people go off their meds so they can drink or do other drugs. They choose to do one or the other because they can't do both.

Anybody who says they can heal themselves through the power of thier mind may recognize that they have a problem, but that not that need help dealing with it.

I can't help but wonder what his dad and brother think about this. As one radio talk show guy said, "His dad is just waiting for the phone call."

I think Charlie needs what happened to Britney -- someone to step in and take control.

Random thoughts

Edited by tyler

I'm no Denise Richards fan, by far, but at this point, she's the only sane and stable one out of the bunch. Maybe she should get custody of those twin boys.

I've been thinking it's a sad group when Denise Richards is the trustworthy person.

I've been wondering if Martin Sheen has been having an attorney work on a conservatorship behind the scenes. Unfortunately, one might not be granted unless CS tries to harm himself or someone else.

Why BobbyD - because they let his antics go on unchecked? Because they didn't help him? Or because he is right?

Unchecked antics. Producer cracking jokes...no insurance in case someone goes off the wagon.

No insurance?????? Wow. Just wow.

I am really starting to think that Charlie Sheen is just crazy-- as a fox-- in regards to this whole sordid mess. There's just too much "F.U." behind his every calculated but hedonistic move for me to view his antics in the same light as Britney circa 2007.

No insurance?????? Wow. Just wow.

I am really starting to think that Charlie Sheen is just crazy-- as a fox-- in regards to this whole sordid mess. There's just too much "F.U." behind his every calculated but hedonistic move for me to view his antics in the same light as Britney circa 2007.

I'm getting the same feeling, Maxie. But if he is right, and he gets away with this, ..... between him and and a potential comeback from Lilo, I'd say our society is in a freefall. It makes me sad that there are "fans" that think this is cool.

Bobby: the insurance - could it be there was no insurance because he was uninsurable?

I was wondering about insurance. I thought studio's (producers?) always had to buy insurance that would pay out if the job was delayed or couldn't be completed. That's why Robert Downey Jr. had such a hard time getting a job initially after rehab, because he was either uninsurable or the premium was sky high due to his history of drug use.

I think they should have written it into Charlie's contract if they couldn't film the show due to him being on a bender/in rehab, everyone would still get paid and it would come out of Charlie's paycheck 100%.

I'm no Denise Richards fan, by far, but at this point, she's the only sane and stable one out of the bunch. Maybe she should get custody of those twin boys.

I've been thinking it's a sad group when Denise Richards is the trustworthy person.

I've been wondering if Martin Sheen has been having an attorney work on a conservatorship behind the scenes. Unfortunately, one might not be granted unless CS tries to harm himself or someone else.

I was going to say the same thing!

Charlie Sheen Fired From 'Two And A Half Men'

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Monday March 7, 2011 @ 1:34pm PST

It's over for Charlie Sheen on the hit CBS comedy Two and a Half Men. The series producer Warner Bros. TV just released the following statement: "After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen’s services on Two and a Half Men effective immediately."

Just like the studio did with its previous statement announcing the cancellation of Two and a Half Men for the rest of this season, Warner Bros. TV stopped short of announcing the end of the series, meaning that continuing the sitcom with a new actor next season is a possibility. Two and a Half Men has one more season under a multi-year pickup at CBS. There has been a lot of speculation about CBS and Warner Bros. TV putting together a wish list of actors to potentially succeed Sheen on the show, with names like John Stamos and Rob Lowe bandied about.

Sheen's termination by Warner Bros. TV follows a relentless media blitz by the Two and a Half Men star who has been taking numerous swipes at CBS, Warner Bros. and the show's co-creator executive producer Chuck Lorre over the past 2 weeks. He also launched a Web-based series, Sheen's Korner, and is in talks with HDNet for unscripted/talk show projects.

Today's decision is sure to fuel a legal war between Sheen and Warner Bros. In preparation, the studio last week hired top attorneys Ron Olsen and John Spiegel. Sheen's litigation lawyer, Marty Singer, last week fired a letter to the studio complaining of its treatment of the Men star over the production shutdown of the show but stopped short of launching a full-blown lawsuit.

It is a sad end to one of the most successful sitcom run for an actor. For the past (almost) eight seasons, Sheen reinvigorated his career amassing a fortune along the way, commanding about $1.5 million an episode under his most recent contract for the show.

TV Editor Nellie Andreeva - tip

"The firing capped a rare, raging public battle between a Hollywood star and those who employ him, with Sheen claiming the right to live as he pleased — including the acknowledged use of illegal drugs, although he's said he is currently clean — as long as he showed up sober and ready to work."

Seems to me Charlie got exactly what he wanted. He was daring Warner Bros to fire him so he could sue for breach.

"The firing capped a rare, raging public battle between a Hollywood star and those who employ him, with Sheen claiming the right to live as he pleased — including the acknowledged use of illegal drugs, although he's said he is currently clean — as long as he showed up sober and ready to work."

Seems to me Charlie got exactly what he wanted. He was daring Warner Bros to fire him so he could sue for breach.

I don't think WB would have fired him if their lawyers weren't pretty damn confident Sheen doesn't have a case, based on his contract. I've read various things about what might be in his contact (on Ausiello's new website - TVline - the commenters on the Sheen firing thread- so I have no idea how reliable any of it is - but it makes sense to me that the businessmen wouldn't do it if they were worried about a lawsuit. One comment I read said that if the producers knew about a felony (not even a conviction - just knew about it) they could fire him. Pretty sure he's admitted to some felonies, right? Suitcase full of cocaine in his possession?

Well, it's going to get mighty interesting to see how all this ends up, that's for sure. I do believe Charlie has been "acting" up to prove a point.

I do too. I have a vibe of when Joaquin Phoenix when he was pretending to be crazy. Something is just a little "off" in Charlie's offness.