Sign in to follow this  
Barb

Keith Urban

Keith was talked about slightly in another thread, but I thought I'd start a thread just for him. Hopefully that's okay. :) I'm just wondering what rumors y'all have heard about him. I think he's just as cute as he can be, and I have NO idea why he married Nicole. I'm not a fan of hers, but that really isn't the reason...I just can't picture them together. Ah well, maybe it's just me. But I would still love to hear any good stories.

Keith was talked about slightly in another thread, but I thought I'd start a thread just for him. Hopefully that's okay. :)

I'm just wondering what rumors y'all have heard about him. I think he's just as cute as he can be, and I have NO idea why he married Nicole. I'm not a fan of hers, but that really isn't the reason...I just can't picture them together. Ah well, maybe it's just me. But I would still love to hear any good stories.

He is her MERKIN. I hope in the end he keeps the CAT and she leaves with the SWEATER!!!

Country superstar Keith Urban has released a statement announcing that he voluntarily admitted himself to a rehabilitation center last night (Thursday, October 19), with his actresss wife Nicole Kidman accompanying him.

"I deeply regret the hurt this has caused Nicole and the ones that love and support me," Urban's statement reads. "One can never let one's guard down on recovery and I'm afraid that I have. With the strength and unwavering support I am blessed to have from my wife, family, and friends, I am determined and resolved to a positive outcome."

The press release did not make it clear what type of addiction Urban is seeking treatment to overcome. However, it did say that as a result of his treatment, all promotional appearance and tour dates surrounding the release of his new album, Love, Pain & The Whole Crazy Thing, will be postponed.

Keith and Nic apart

From correspondents in Toronto

February 16, 2007 08:09am

IT MIGHT have been their first Valentine's Day as a married couple but country singer Keith Urban didn't spend the day with his wife Nicole Kidman.

Instead, Urban performed for about 600 fans in Toronto, at one point declaring his song You'll Think of Me as "our screw Valentine's song".

A spokesman confirmed Kidman was not with her 39-year-old Grammy-winning husband, who was in town to promote his album Love, Pain & the Whole Crazy Thing.

It was just the second concert for Urban since he checked out of the famed Betty Ford Centre in California where he was seeking treatment for alcohol abuse - something he has said Kidman helped him get through.

His previous concert had been a benefit gig in Chicago last week.

Urban's world tour starts on June 9 in Las Vegas and runs until mid-September.

news.com.au

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Urban Greeted With Alcohol in Australia

Country music singer and recovering alcoholic Keith Urban knew he was back in Australia when a Qantas flight attendant welcomed him with a bottle of wine.

The Grammy winner and country music chart topper, who has publicly acknowledged a former addiction to cocaine, recently completed a three-month stint in rehab for alcohol abuse.

Urban, 39, who grew up in Australia, was offered a complimentary bottle of red wine during a recent Qantas Airways flight from Sydney to the South Australia state capital, Adelaide part of a world tour for his latest album, "Love, Pain & the whole crazy thing."

"I knew I was back in South Australia when the host came up to me, smiled, gave me a bottle of red and said, 'Welcome to Adelaide Mr. Urban,'" the country music star told a packed stadium on Sunday, according to a report in News Ltd. newspapers Tuesday.

"So I drank it," he quipped.

Urban's manager Rob Potts rushed to assure fans the singer was only joking.

"He didn't drink it at all," he was quoted as saying. "I've been with him for years and I have a sense of how together he is and how determined he is to put it into his career."

In a brief statement, Qantas said the gaffe was a routine customer relations gesture "by an individual staff member who genuinely did not realize who the passenger was."

The New Zealand-born Urban checked himself into the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, Calif., last October, less than four months after his wedding to Australian actress Nicole Kidman.

South Australia is home to some of the country's most productive wine regions.

Keith, Kenny set to play eight shows together

And these will be huge stadium shows, folks.

Kenny Chesney and Keith Urban – pictured here backstage at the 2006 CMT Music Awards, via View Images — have been friendly rivals for Entertainer of the Year trophies for the last three years or so. But they’re also good buddies who are likely to break records with these shows.

Keith essentially will be a guest on Kenny’s stadium tour, the Poets & Pirates Tour, for summer 2008. For how long?

An official release says: “…what will most likely be eight more stadiums beyond the July 26 Foxboro, Massachusetts’ Gillette Stadium date….”

These two have stadium history: Keith also came out on Kenny’s stadium tour three years ago.

“If you’re committed to bringing the fans the best show possible, who else would you call? Keith does it all – and for me, he’s someone I’ve spent time in the islands with, toured the country with, laughed with, hung with, made music with,” Kenny said in a statement.

“It’s gonna be as much fun backstage when we’re not rocking as it is onstage – and that’s saying something.”

As for Keith, he says, via statement: “What Kenny’s stadium concerts are, is the biggest party you’ve ever been to with the loudest ghetto blaster you’ve ever heard and the audience still singing louder than us. Me, I’m just a kid like 65,000 others that are going to run away with the circus this summer.”

OHNOTHEYDIDN'T

Keith Urban’s Valentine’s Day Shout-Out to Nicole

It was only Feb. 13 – but Keith Urban couldn't wait to wish his wife, Nicole Kidman, a happy Valentine's Day.

During the encore for his Wednesday night concert in Madison Square Garden – co-headlined by American Idol Carrie Underwood – the country superstar dedicated his hit, "Got it Right This Time," to his pregnant wife, who's back home in their native Australia.

Why get the jump a day early? Those pesky time zones. "It's Valentine's Day here tomorrow," he told the crowd, "but today it's already Valentine's Day in Australia."

The emotional tribute capped a rocking live show for Urban. At one point, he even walked out into the crowd, playing a song on his guitar while surrounded by crazed fans. He then autographed the instrument and handed it to the audience member standing next to him.

"It won't take so long to come back this time ...," he pledged at the end of the show. "We'll be back in New York real soon."

– Susan L. Yara

Keith Urban Family Love

Keith Urban's "heart stretched" the day he became a father.

The country singer was astonished by how much his life changed when wife Nicole Kidman gave birth to their first child, daughter Sunday Rose, 17 months ago.

When asked how life changed when he became a father, he said: "I think, as Nicole has said, it's just the stretching of the heart. It is an indescribable feeling. It was much like the first time Sunday cried, when she came into the world. There are certain things in life you have to experience, otherwise, it's just a vague concept of what it would be like. It's had such a big impact on my life."

The 42-year-old singer has even altered his musical career so he can spend more time with his family.

He added: "I structured the tour so I would do three shows in a row, then take about three or four days off. Now we have Sunday, it is about enjoying the simple pleasures - just being able to say 'Goodnight' to my girls and not be on the phone doing it.

"It's the real normal things like that that have brought such a grounding to my life. It's a wonderful experience."

Source monstersandcritics.com