princess

Heather Locklear

It's ridiculous how older women are treated as they age. She is still hotter than most of the starlets now and is a decent enough actress (ok, not oscar worthy but she's good at what she does). Why can't she be seen as a sex symbol.... scratch that. Why MUST women be seen as a sex symbol in order to have a viable sucessful career? :huh:

Anti I understand the frustration but you are not seriously asking that question. It's all about fuckability and that's valid for the women AND the men. TV and films are vehicles for the audience to project their sexual fantasies. When that goes, or the suits are afraid it's gone, they become beloved character actors. You know this is true.

There is a grey area of sorts. In certain roles, older actresses are allowed to be sexy but they are few and far between. Renee Russo caught one with that remake of the Thomas Crown Affair. They come up occasionally. On television, there are the Joan Collins and Linda Evans parts although there used to be more of them. Are there sexy cougars on the hour-long dramas now? Older businesswomen, doctors, cops or lawyers or something? I can't think of any but I miss a lot of programs. Those Desperate Housewives are at least in their 40s (except Longwhoria) and they are allowed to be sexy. Most women over 40 are relegated to mom roles.

Older actors are allowed to play romantic/sexual leads far longer than actresses but even for them, it runs out eventually. Then it's character parts to the grave.

Edited by hedda_louella

I thought she was fantastic in Spin City. It's a pity she can't get something regular on 2 and a half guys cause she does comedy well and has great chemistry with Charlie Sheen.

I maintained all along that actually all the problems in the Locklear/Sambora marriage came from Heather herself. I recall stories of Richie storming down to the set of Spin City and demanding that the producers take responsibility for the fact that she had started using diet pills. He was so furious because he believed that the pressure was coming directly from the production/management staff at Spin City, so he called an urgent meeting with them and went ballistic.

Since then there has been this glazed look in Heather's eyes. She lost the Spin City gig and hasn't had steady work since then, only ridiculous movies of the week on Lifetime and the odd ''special guest'' role, as well as failed pilot after failed pilot. Her obsession with her career and looks, as well as her increasing dependance on drugs etc caused her to spiral. Richie always seemed to keep her head on her shoulders but then she just literally decided the only action she could take to get control back of her life was to get rid of Richie and we can all see how well THAT turned out. Richie was devastated and confused, and Heather went on an out of control binge. Richie fell into drinking more and more especially when his father was disgnosed with cancer, and absolutely everyone around Heather ended up being affected.

Hollywood destroyed Heather IMO. I'd also love to know where her ''wonderful'' family are because they sure as hell don't seem to be looking after her.

It's ridiculous how older women are treated as they age. She is still hotter than most of the starlets now and is a decent enough actress (ok, not oscar worthy but she's good at what she does). Why can't she be seen as a sex symbol.... scratch that. Why MUST women be seen as a sex symbol in order to have a viable sucessful career? :huh:

Anti I understand the frustration but you are not seriously asking that question. It's all about fuckability and that's valid for the women AND the men. TV and films are vehicles for the audience to project their sexual fantasies. When that goes, or the suits are afraid it's gone, they become beloved character actors. You know this is true.

There is a grey area of sorts. In certain roles, older actresses are allowed to be sexy but they are few and far between. Renee Russo caught one with that remake of the Thomas Crown Affair. They come up occasionally. On television, there are the Joan Collins and Linda Evans parts although there used to be more of them. Are there sexy cougars on the hour-long dramas now? Older businesswomen, doctors, cops or lawyers or something? I can't think of any but I miss a lot of programs. Those Desperate Housewives are at least in their 40s (except Longwhoria) and they are allowed to be sexy. Most women over 40 are relegated to mom roles.

Older actors are allowed to play romantic/sexual leads far longer than actresses but even for them, it runs out eventually. Then it's character parts to the grave.

Good point. And Renee Russo did a great job in the remake.

The roles are few and far between but it has always been like. Sally Fields used to complain about for years and eventually passed the 'akward' age for women and got a long term part in 'Daughters and Sisters and Sons and Fathers' or whatever that is called.

Now, if only Julia-horse faced-Roberts would take a hint and disappear for a decade or so, I would be of a much improved demeanor :)

Heather has 2 main problems....

She's an alcoholic. I'm sure that creeps up from time to time even if she's going to AA.

She has really lousy taste in men..except for Richie who she truly seemed to be happy with and even he turned out to be rotten for a time. David Spade? A minature playboy! Jack Wagner? He's a known D list skirt chaser.

She needs to find somebody NOT in the business and take care of her daughter and that's IT.

Heather is worth about $60 million. She doesn't need to work. So don't.

I think Jack Wagner might not only be a skirt-chaser but a jock-strap chaser, too.

I had no idea that Heather was an alchoholic!

I loved Renee Russo in the Thomas Crown affair. I heard that Pierce Brosnan demanded her; that the studios wanted someone younger. If that's true, then kudos for Pierce!

Actually more of a jock chaser than a skirt-chaser. At least that I've ever heard.

Heather, lovely girl though she is, has a bigger problem with coke than she does with booze.

Pierce Brosnan is a god among men. Love him, love him, love him.

I think Jack Wagner might not only be a skirt-chaser but a jock-strap chaser, too.

I loved Renee Russo in the Thomas Crown affair. I heard that Pierce Brosnan demanded her; that the studios wanted someone younger. If that's true, then kudos for Pierce!

Actually more of a jock chaser than a skirt-chaser. At least that I've ever heard.

Heather, lovely girl though she is, has a bigger problem with coke than she does with booze.

Funny how all of Heather's problems are coming home to roost.....I'd heard the coke story before but didn't know if it was true or not. My opinion is where there's smoke there's fire so I'm beginning to believe that.

Richie had a coke problem some years back. Don't know if he got clean from that or not.

Funny how all of Heather's problems are coming home to roost.....I'd heard the coke story before but didn't know if it was true or not. My opinion is where there's smoke there's fire so I'm beginning to believe that.

Richie had a coke problem some years back. Don't know if he got clean from that or not.

Yes, but the thing is some of us were saying this YEARS ago about La Locklear *ahem*. people don't want to believe it of this blue-eyed blonde haired ''angel''. She is far far far from it.

I am stunned that Heather has so many problems with self esteem,drug dependency and other addictions. I never knew. I hope her daughter Ava doesn't become messed up from this. :o

I am stunned that Heather has so many problems with self esteem,drug dependency and other addictions. I never knew. I hope her daughter Ava doesn't become messed up from this. :o

I've come to the conclusion that all American women have major self-esteem issues. The irony here is that it is the glorification of beauty such as Heather's that messes the rest of us up.

Heather's Family Meltdown

Friends of Heather Locklear fear for her daughter, Ava, after her ex-husband Richie Sambora was busted for a DUI on March 25. The Bon Jovi guitarist was arrested in Laguna Beach after he was pulled over by police. One of the passengers in the car was Ava, Richie's 10-year-old daughter with Heather.

"I feel sorry for that little girl," a longtime family friend tells OK! "With her troubled parents, Ava doesn't have a fighting chance for a solid upbringing. Her dad is in and out of rehab and getting DUIs."

In reference to a 911 call rumored to have been placed by 46-year-old Heather's doctor, the friend says, "The story was going around that her mom was at the point where she was suicidal! Imagine that level of dysfunction and the influence it has on a young girl's life."

Heather's reps have said that she is fine and denied that she requested the 911 call be made.

Richie, 48, was stopped just before 11 p.m. after police said they spotted him driving erratically in his Hummer SVU. In additon to Ava, Richie's girlfriend and another girl were also in the car. Richie was later released from custody on his own recognizance at about 4 a.m.

He is scheduled to appear in court for arraignment on May 7.

Source: ok-magazine.com

Heather Locklear Leaves Treatment Center

By Alexis Chiu

After successfully completing four weeks of treatment for anxiety and depression, Heather Locklear is back home.

"Heather's feeling really great," says a close friend. "And she looks beautiful, just radiant."

While the actress's recovery is "a work in progress," Locklear seems rejuvenated by her month away, says the friend. "She told a really funny story and she laughed from her core," says the pal, who has seen Locklear since she returned home last weekend. "That's when I knew she was going to be fine. I think that's the best part of all – it's so nice to hear her laugh."

During her time at the Arizona facility, Locklear, 46, remained under doctors' care while getting therapeutic spa treatments, riding horses and spending quality time alone. Her spirits were lifted by two visits from boyfriend Jack Wagner.

Since she checked herself in on June 19, Locklear has enjoyed the support of her ex, Bon Jovi rocker Richie Sambora. Their daughter Ava, 10, spent the last few weeks with Sambora but is now with her mom. Locklear is most excited, says the source, to be "back home with Ava."

Heather Locklear Got Daily Calls From Ex Richie Sambora in Rehab

Friday July 25, 2008

Heather Locklear's ex-husband Richie Sambora (who struggled with alcoholism) called her daily during her recent four-week stint in rehab for depression and anxiety, the Chicago Sun-Times reports. (The paper claims she also may have been treated for prescription drug issues.)

It is among the revelations a source at the clinic tells the paper.

The source says that Locklear, 46, told the other patients at the Arizona facility that she felt the world was closing in on her before she sought help. The source adds that Locklear felt people expected her "to be perfect, always beautiful."

During her stay, the source says Locklear "couldn't have been warmer or more approachable. There was no diva behavior. She was totally genuine, down-to-earth and warm."

She often enjoyed riding horses. She even told patients that she wanted to make a Western film "so I can better work on my riding skills," the insider says. At one point during rehab, Locklear was overheard singing and said she'd love to record an album, the source says.

She also kept a daily journal and told other patients that she's working on a couple of books, including a memoir and "a coffee table-style book about design," the source says.

In addition to the daily calls from Sambora, her current beau, actor Jack Wagner -- whom the source says she could wed "soon" -- visited her several times.

But it was her daughter Ava, 10, who "helped Heather get through the program. She knew that little girl was back home waiting for her, and she talked about her constantly."

The source adds that Locklear has also watched Denise Richards' reality show.

"Heather thinks the show is a riot," the source says, "but only because it makes Denise look like an idiot."

Heather Locklear Arrested

people.com

Originally posted Sunday September 28, 2008 11:40 AM EDT

Heather Locklear

Two months after leaving an Arizona treatment facility, Heather Locklear was in police custody Saturday night.

The actress, who had been battling anxiety and depression, was arrested and held in Santa Barbara County, according to the California Highway Patrol. No details of charges were yet available, and she was released Sunday.

Locklear's rep had no comment.

ETA: While details are currently sparse, TMZ reports:

Law enforcement officers tell us alcohol was not involved, however, they are conducting tests to determine if Locklear was under the influence of drugs. We're told she was released on her own recognizance, without having to post bail.

Edited by pitt-lover

People.com update:

Heather Locklear Arrested on DUI Charge

UpdatePosted Sunday September 28, 2008 08:00 PM EDT

Originally posted Sunday September 28, 2008 11:40 AM EDT

Heather Locklear was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence Saturday evening in Santa Barbara County, Calif.

"Around 4:30 p.m., a female witness saw Heather Locklear driving erratically while leaving a parking lot in Montecito," California Highway Patrol spokesman Tom Marshall tells PEOPLE. "The witness said Locklear was revving her engine loudly, and backed over a pair of sunglasses several times."

Soon after, the witness – who apparently didn't recognize the actress – spotted Locklear, 47, stopped on a nearby highway, exiting her vehicle.

"The witness called 911 because she was concerned for Locklear's safety," Marshall said. "When a CHP officer arrived, Locklear was found seated inside her vehicle, which was partially blocking the roadway."

Because Locklear appeared "disoriented and impaired," she was taken to a local CHP station and drug and alcohol tests were administered, Marshall said. The actress was cooperative.

"Alcohol was ruled out as a factor, but based on the officer's observations, we believed Locklear was under the influence of prescription medication," Marshall added.

Locklear was arrested on suspicion of DUI and being under the influence of a controlled substance. She booked at a local jail around 7 p.m., and released hours later.

The actress's lawyer, Blair Berk, wasn't immediately available for comment. Locklear's publicist had no comment.

Just two months ago, Locklear left an Arizona treatment facility after battling anxiety and depression.

Am I the only one here with a soft spot for Heather? I don't know if it's because I grew up on TJ Hooker and Dynasty, but I'm cheering for her to get her life back on track.

No, not at all. She was at UCLA when I was, although I didn't know her and she left fairly quickly. I always kind of watched her career with interest because she's a "peer" age-wise, and she had such a charmed rise to fame. But I figured she was pretty screwed up when she married her SECOND rocker bad boy.

My heart goes out to her on this one. It's not just getting caught, it's the backstory about the sunglasses and the Nicole-Ritchie-esque choice of parking spaces. Pretty humiliating.

Am I the only one here with a soft spot for Heather? I don't know if it's because I grew up on TJ Hooker and Dynasty, but I'm cheering for her to get her life back on track.

No, not at all. She was at UCLA when I was, although I didn't know her and she left fairly quickly. I always kind of watched her career with interest because she's a "peer" age-wise, and she had such a charmed rise to fame. But I figured she was pretty screwed up when she married her SECOND rocker bad boy.

My heart goes out to her on this one. It's not just getting caught, it's the backstory about the sunglasses and the Nicole-Ritchie-esque choice of parking spaces. Pretty humiliating.

Yeah, you have to know she's no innocent when she was married to Tommy Lee.

I like how the article is headlined that she was under the influence of "prescription drugs" and that "prescription drugs" is mentioned again in the article. The inference is that because the drugs were prescribed, it's not as heinous as if she just scored some from a street dealer. Having said that, I'm sorry she's going thru all this - she was usually described by interviewers and costars as one of the nicest people in Hollywood. And glassy eyed or not, in her booking photo, she looks better than most of today's celebs.

I missed the backstory on the sunglasses and parking spot. Care to elaborate?

I missed the backstory on the sunglasses and parking spot. Care to elaborate?

Look at Pitt-Lovers post about six above mine.