Sign in to follow this  
Rebelgirl

What Ever Happened to.....?

This is a face without Botox (and looks kind of like what Angelina will look in 15 years, without the aid of plastic surgery...)

Linda Hamilton

Posted Image

While I applaud her for not going the plastic surgery route, there is nothing wrong with using a little anti-wrinkle serum, moisturizer and SPF- she looks 75!

I think at least a little bit is the facial expression she's making at the moment that photo was taken--looks like she's grimacing or scrunching her face up, creating more lines than are there naturally in repose.

I think she's just one of those women whose face isn't aging well. She has menopause face. She also hasn't got much of any facial fat on her to help plump up the skin. If I remember correctly, she's also had a bad time of it with a mental disorder (manic depression?) so who knows what effect the meds she may take might have on her. I don't really see that there's any damage due to sun exposure but I'm not a dermatologist either.

She has menopause face

Excuse me?

I think it is a smoker's/living out in Palm Springs face - and she looks far older than 51.

She also needs to choose a better foundation. The color is just wrong.

She has menopause face

Excuse me?

I think it is a smoker's/living out in Palm Springs face - and she looks far older than 51.

She also needs to choose a better foundation. The color is just wrong.

She has the face of a woman whose hormones are/have been on the downswing---for quite some time in this case. Many older women have this same look to their face due to menopause. It's not like this is an insult to women, it's a fact of a life for many women.

Edited by Hihomumio

Maureen McCormick's Memoir Details a Drug-Fueled Downward Spiral

Monday October 13, 2008

Posted Image

In her new memoir, Maureen McCormick reveals intimate details about her secret life of binging on cocaine, trading sex for drugs and dating her TV sibling.

In "Here's the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice," she also writes about her romances with Michael Jackson and Steve Martin. She delves into her relationship with Barry Williams, who played Greg Brady.

The affair intensified while the The Brady Bunch filmed episodes in Hawaii.

"We couldn't hold back any longer," she writes in the book published by William Morrow. "It was our first kiss, and it was long, passionate and deep. It was wonderful, too, though as we continued to kiss and press against each other so closely that we could feel each other's body heat, a part of me — a tiny part, admittedly — said to myself, `Oh my God! I'm kissing my brother. What am I doing?'"

McCormick's drug addiction and depression fueled her downward spiral as she unsuccessfully tried to reconcile her real life with the one she had portrayed on TV.

In the memoir, she writes about cocaine binges and parties at the Playboy Mansion and the home of Sammy Davis Jr., an unwanted pregnancy and trading sex for drugs.

The book hits stores on Tuesday.

Why Lisa Bonet Is Nervous About Her Return to TV

Posted Image

Lisa Bonet's return to television in a recurring role on the ABC cop drama Life on Mars wasn't easy for the press-shy actress.

"To have my face reinstated in minds and homes once a week was an intense decision," says the star, who achieved fame early in life on the hit Cosby Show.

The paparazzi's interest her family has been one of the downsides to being back in the public eye. Bonet, 41, has a 16-month-old daughter Lola with boyfriend, actor Jason Momoa (Stargate Atlantis), and is expecting their second child in January.

"It feels like you're being stalked," she says. "As a shy person, that type of attention coming at me violates something. I don't like that it's expected to come with the territory."

Bonet does have a lighthearted complaint about some other media attention. She'd like to debunk the widespread rumor that she also has a son. "I don't have three children already," she says. "I always hear that I do … Apparently, there's some young child locked in a basement," she quips. "I don't dwell on that stuff, but that comes to mind.”

Motherhood is definitely a priority for Bonet, who describes herself as "a hands-on mom."

"A parent's hope is to pass on wisdom so they don't repeat the same mistakes you did," she says. "You want a better life for them."

As for why she decided to sign on for a the new role, despite some reservations about the attention she'd be getting, she says, "You know, I guess it all has to do with the stars lining up and it being the right time and the right project.'

A happy love life also helped. "Having a mate has given me that feeling of safety," she adds.

Tom Arnold Reveals Sexual Abuse Past

Posted Image

To portray a child molester in a movie is a risky career move for any actor. But for comic actor Tom Arnold, 49, accepting the role as Alex in the new movie Gardens of the Night was more than a role: It was his attempt to finally put his own past as a sexually abused child behind him.

From ages 4 to 7, while growing up in Ottumwa, Iowa, Arnold says he was sexually abused by a 19-year-old male babysitter. He opens up about the experience in an interview with PEOPLE:

Why did you want to play Alex in Gardens of the Night?

It was a tough choice. I was a smart kid, and [my molester] still got to me. So I wanted to portray a pedophile in a way no one has seen before in order to explain how these things can happen. I even wore the same clothes as him in the movie. Showing this guy meant so much to me.

How did this happen to you?

[The abuse] started shortly before I turned 4. This guy would babysit me three or four times a week. He wanted me to play a game, and he wanted me to learn it so I could play it every time. I knew it was weird and I was scared, but I didn't know what sex was.

Why didn't you tell your dad?

The guy gave me a candy bar at the end of the game. I wasn't allowed to have candy at my house, and I felt ashamed that I took the candy. And I was afraid of him. The message was clear he would hurt my dad if I told, and the thought of losing my dad was impossible.

When did it stop?

There was an incident when I was 7. The guy had showed me his gun and aimed it at my dad one day when he arrived home from work. A few days later, I stole my dad's gun and went out in the middle of the street, waived it around and pointed it at his house. It caused a stir in the neighborhood to say the least. After that, I think it slowly stopped. I remember it as him moving away.

When you were 30, you found him and confronted him.

During my last week of drug and alcohol rehab in 1990, I told what had happened to me for the first time. In my mind, he was only a few years older than me. When my counselor said, 'So you were 5 and you had a 7-year-old babysitter?' I remembered he had a man's body. With the help of a private investigator, I found him and confronted him at his office. Coming out of the building, I felt pure joy.

What's next for you?

I'm ready to put this behind me. To portray him in a movie was the final thing I, as an actor, felt I could do. Forty-five years is a long time to keep something like this in your life. I'm ready to take the chance to be with a good person, and hopefully one day have my own children. That's what I want more than anything.

Why Lisa Bonet Is Nervous About Her Return to TV

Posted Image

Lisa Bonet's return to television in a recurring role on the ABC cop drama Life on Mars wasn't easy for the press-shy actress.

"To have my face reinstated in minds and homes once a week was an intense decision," says the star, who achieved fame early in life on the hit Cosby Show. ...

It was nice to see her, but she appeared briefly in only 2 episodes. :rolleyes:

Hogan Family's Jeremy Licht Becomes a Dad

Posted Image

Jeremy Licht, former child star of the '80s sitcom The Hogan Family, and his wife Kimberly Wallis Licht welcomed their daughter New Year's Eve, he tells PEOPLE exclusively.

Jordan Zoey Licht was born 5½ weeks early at 10:59 p.m. on Dec. 31 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in L.A.

"We were planning to go to a New Year's Eve party when my wife started having contractions," says Licht, 38, who played Jason Bateman's brainy brother on the series. "I'm thrilled – shocked that it was this soon, but thrilled. Everybody's healthy, and it really was an incredible experience."

Jordan weighed 4 lbs., 10 oz. and was 18½ inches long. "She's already taller than me." quips Licht, who says he's enjoying feeding the baby and even changing her diapers. "My time is 4 a.m. on so my wife can get some sleep. I really love the time I have with her."

Licht and his wife Kimberly, 38, an actress who has appeared on episodes of CSI: NY and Charmed, married over Memorial Day weekend in 2007. It's the second marriage and first child for both.

"My wife is such a trooper," says Licht, who now runs his own financial planning company, JL Capital Management. "I'm a blessed man."

Licht announced the impending birth to PEOPLE in December 2008.

Posted Image

the Tom Arnold story is sad. So many kids who were abused turn out to be really tortured adults. I feel for him and hope he can finally put his demons to rest.

Sad fortune

INXS singer JD Fortune claims the band fired him at an airport and now he's broke and lives in his car in his native Canada.

The singer admits his dumping could have had something to do with his cocaine use, saying that fame drove him to drugs.

Fortune, who says he's been clean for two years, told Canada's Entertainment Tonight he felt alone when he was told it was time to go:

"I was in an airport at Hong Kong and literally got a handshake. They said, 'Thank you very much'. I found myself really alone because I had travelled with these guys for 23 months. I don't know where I am going, from sofa to sofa, from night to night. I am trying to get through my life."

Fortune, who's real name is Jason Dean Bennison, had big shoes to fill in taking on the role left vacant by the death of Michael Hutchence in Sydney in 1997.

He was picked to front the rock group after winning the reality TV show Rockstar: INXS, but there's now speculation that the whole band, currently on a break, might call it quits.

A spokeswoman for INXS said she could not comment on Fortune's sacking.

Edited by TubaGirl

Thanks Tuba!

So, his good fortune ran out?

I thought he was cute!

Edited by sanlee

This is a face without Botox (and looks kind of like what Angelina will look in 15 years, without the aid of plastic surgery...)

Linda Hamilton

Posted Image

Wow. She looks like she's had way too much of just about everything.

Linda Hamilton

Posted Image

Wow. She looks like she's had way too much of just about everything.

Like life ;) ? She is an older woman without plastic in her face...