princess

Halle Berry

Pregnancy certainly suits actress Halle Berry, whose first child is due in March.

"My skin is aglow from all the hormones," the Oscar winner and star of the upcoming Class Act, 41, tells InStyle in its February issue. "I want to stay pregnant forever."

Berry, who was three months along when she announced her pregnancy by boyfriend Gabriel Aubry in September, says she feels "fantastic" thanks to eating right and keeping fit with yoga, swimming, light weights and an elliptical machine.

"Right now I just have so much joy and energy that I feel like I've already done 12 things today," she says. "I can just go and go and go."

Berry, who's claims not to know the gender of her child, is decorating the nursery in neutral colors and hasn't even decided up on name. Then again, she says: " 'Isn't She Lovely,' by Stevie Wonder, has been playing a lot in our house. And for some reason, that song keeps coming up on my iPod too – even though it's on shuffle. We're like, 'It's a sign! It's a girl!' "

Other highlights:

• "As you might imagine, all I'm reading are books about pregnancy and motherhood. Right now, for example, it's Family First, by Dr. Phil."

• "When I got pregnant, I stopped drinking diet soda because of the caffeine and aspartame."

• "When someone is your life partner and he really cares about something, it's important to care about it as well, you know? So I started taking [golf] lessons and got bitten by the bug."

PEOPLE

Halle is 'Berry' Nervous

Posted Image

The prospect of giving birth is so nerve-wracking to Halle Berry that even the Oscars don't compare. The 41-year-old mother-to-be tells British magazine Reveal, "I'm worried about giving birth. I've been pretty cool about my pregnancy up until lately, but suddenly I'm realizing that there's a baby that's got to come out and someone is going to have to be there to push it out."

She continues: "Emotionally, I'm a bit of a mess. Besides all the hormones bubbling and boiling inside me, the anticipation is starting to get to me. I'm more nervous now than I was during the Oscars."

Halle has diabetes, and will have to be extra careful when she goes into labor. Her performance in Monster's Ball earned her an Academy Award in 2002, but now it seems she has found a moment even bigger than the moment that was bigger than her!

We wish Halle lots of luck. If her parental skills are anything like her award-winning acting skills, she has nothing to worry about.

Very Breathless Mahoney

Posted Image

Halle Berry showed off her huge bump and new hair while running errands in Los Angeles. Halle's not due until March, but fuck! It seems like the bump popped up out of nowhere.

I love the Breathless Mahoney hair. Halle can do no wrong....most of the time.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Again with these women and the shoes. How can they even balance on those shoes with that belly? Trust me, there's a reason you want to be barefoot and pregnant. Flat, slip on shoes, Halle.

I like Halle, but I am not feeling the hair on her. I think it ages her. I know we all won't agree, but I like the straight locks better.

Again with these women and the shoes. How can they even balance on those shoes with that belly? Trust me, there's a reason you want to be barefoot and pregnant. Flat, slip on shoes, Halle.

I agree, but they say she's not due until March. NEXT month, I bet you won't see her in many heels.

I think her hair is darling. Maybe she can't use straighteners anymore?

So, back to what realllly matters: sexy bitch Gabriel Aubry!!!

Do we know if they're truly still together and just living on different coasts, or was that merely a eupemism for broken up? Any inside scoop on this?

A Load Off

Posted Image

Halle Berry needs to freshen up those curls. I liked it at first, but now that shit looks crushed. She's been laying on it too much, but I'll forgive her. She's knocked up and that shit looks painful as hell. It looks like you have to pee all the time, because someone is basically sitting on your bladder all day and all night. No wonder pregnant women are always peeing on themselves. I was at Sizzler once (that shit is nice, so shut up) and some pregnant chick was hollering about how she just pissed herself. Making a scene. Nasty bitch. I do not want pregnant piss with my delicious cheese toast. Sorry. Too much information.

Anyway, here's Halle being pregnant while shopping for furniture. Jessica Alba has been shopping for a lot of furniture lately, too. The preggies must love buying new shit for their houses.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Do we know if they're truly still together and just living on different coasts, or was that merely a eupemism for broken up? Any inside scoop on this?

Have we seen them together since the news of the pregnancy broke? Edited by galaxygirl

Have we seen them together since the news of the pregnancy broke?

Oh, sure, they have been photographed MANY times. I love her hair, but still do not understand why women wear skin-tight pregnant clothes. The one time in your life when you can get away with wearing a baggy shirt or comfy dress and people tell you that you are beautiful and glowing, and they wear things like this....I just do not get it. She is beautiful.

Have we seen them together since the news of the pregnancy broke?

Oh, sure, they have been photographed MANY times. I love her hair, but still do not understand why women wear skin-tight pregnant clothes. The one time in your life when you can get away with wearing a baggy shirt or comfy dress and people tell you that you are beautiful and glowing, and they wear things like this....I just do not get it. She is beautiful.

I agree about the tight pregnancy clothes. Of course, I may just be jealous because I looked like a beluga whale during both my pregnancies. My "you're pregnant" tip-off was always the 5 lb. gained in the interim between conception and that first pregnancy test (in spite of no change in eating habits!) :D

Edited by tifflet

but still do not understand why women wear skin-tight pregnant clothes. The one time in your life when you can get away with wearing a baggy shirt or comfy dress and people tell you that you are beautiful and glowing, and they wear things like this....I just do not get it. She is beautiful.

Well, along the lines of the earlier comment about some women liking the sexy and wearing heels despite the discomfort--maybe some women like to show off their pregnancy and don't want to wear baggy clothing. This wrap dress looks like a jersey knit, which is EXTREMELY comfortable--I would wear it all the time if I could (and esp. if I had enough money to afford the really nice stuff, like the silk DVF jersey wraps ;) )

funny, it was the 20 lb loss that tipped me off :blink:

OK Lizzie, I want to know...you LOST twenty pounds when you were pregnant?

Yep.

First pregnancy, I was sick the entire 9 months. I lost weight and passed out frequently for the first 5 months. I weighed 2 lbs more when I delivered than when I graduated from high school and 33 lbs lighter when I left the hospital.

Second pregnancy, my son was 9 months old, I was still breastfeeding and not menstrating. I had no idea I was pregnant; though I knew I hadn't been feeling well. I found out when I went shopping for a new outfit for a special event and had to go down 2 sizes. I miscarried that pregnancy at 4 1/2 - 5 months.

From imdb.com today...

Magazine Fires Back at Berry Over Suicide Story

Parade magazine bosses have reacted angrily to Halle Berry's claims they dredged up a 10-year-old story about the actress' 1997 suicide attempt and tried to make it fresh. In a recent WENN interview, Berry accused the weekend supplement of "regurgitating" the story, prompting other publications and agencies to ask her to talk about her darkest moment all over again. But Parade editors insist the Oscar winner readily chatted about the day she started the process of poisoning herself with carbon monoxide in her car after the end of her first marriage to Baseball player David Justice. The magazine's spokeswoman Alexis Collado says, "All of the quotes in Parade profile on Halle Berry came from a candid sit-down interview between Ms. Berry and Parade writer Emily Listfield on January 25, 2007. Ms. Berry talked very freely about the challenges she has faced in her life, including her failed marriages and suicide attempt. It is unfortunate that Ms. Berry has chosen to respond to media interest by backing away from what she originally told Parade. Anyone who actually read the article is sure to see it as a very positive profile of a strong woman who has overcome many challenges in her life and is now on a clear path to happiness."

Good for them! I am so fvking sick about hearing about her suicide attemps :angry:

From imdb.com today...

Magazine Fires Back at Berry Over Suicide Story

Parade magazine bosses have reacted angrily to Halle Berry's claims they dredged up a 10-year-old story about the actress' 1997 suicide attempt and tried to make it fresh. In a recent WENN interview, Berry accused the weekend supplement of "regurgitating" the story, prompting other publications and agencies to ask her to talk about her darkest moment all over again. But Parade editors insist the Oscar winner readily chatted about the day she started the process of poisoning herself with carbon monoxide in her car after the end of her first marriage to Baseball player David Justice. The magazine's spokeswoman Alexis Collado says, "All of the quotes in Parade profile on Halle Berry came from a candid sit-down interview between Ms. Berry and Parade writer Emily Listfield on January 25, 2007. Ms. Berry talked very freely about the challenges she has faced in her life, including her failed marriages and suicide attempt. It is unfortunate that Ms. Berry has chosen to respond to media interest by backing away from what she originally told Parade. Anyone who actually read the article is sure to see it as a very positive profile of a strong woman who has overcome many challenges in her life and is now on a clear path to happiness."

Me too! She's so friggin needy.

Good for them! I am so fvking sick about hearing about her suicide attemps :angry:

What The Hell Is He Staring At?!

Posted Image

Hasn't that dude seen a big Berry before? That berry is ready for the plucking. I would love to see Halle Berry and JLo try and hug. It would be like sumo wrestling. Here's Halle visiting a friend yesterday. That bodyguard needs to be fired. He's supposed to be looking out for danger, not looking at her pregnant boobs.

Posted Image