princess

Anne Hathaway

Hathaway hops on 'War' path

'Prada' actress to co-star with Hudson in comedy

By TATIANA SIEGEL, MICHAEL FLEMING

Hathaway

Anne Hathaway has been set to star with Kate Hudson in "Bride Wars," and Gary Winick has signed to direct the romantic comedy for New Regency.

Hathaway and Hudson will play best friends who are pitted against each other when their wedding dates clash. They compete for venues, services and guests, once it's clear that neither will step aside.

Hudson is producing with Julie Yorn and Alan Riche. Twentieth Century Fox will distribute.

Production will begin early next year, and the shooting script was completed pre-strike by June Diane Raphael and Casey Wilson. Karen McCullah Lutz & Kirsten Smith also wrote on the project.

Hathaway recently completed the role of Agent 99 in "Get Smart," opposite Steve Carell for Warner Bros.

Hathaway Joins Hudson in 'Bride Wars'

Anne Hathaway will star alongside Kate Hudson in New Regency's romantic comedy Bride Wars, which is being directed by Gary Winick (13 Going on 30). Hathaway and Hudson will play best friends who get into a rift when their planned wedding dates clash. Neither one will step aside, so the two pals compete over venues, services, and guests. Hudson is also producing with Julie Yorn and Alan Riche. Shooting will start early next year using a script written pre-strike by June Diane Raphael and Casey Wilson. Hathaway recently played Agent 99 in Warner Bros. Get Smart, which also starred Steve Carell.

ew.com

Anne Hathaway is a Lancome Lady

Posted Image

Anne Hathaway has been named the new ambassador for the Lancôme brand.

“Anne Hathaway is a radiant young woman who perfectly embodies modern femininity. We know she will portray all the passion and excitement of our new fragrance, to be launched throughout the world in September 2008″, says Odile Roujol, President of Lancôme International.

Ads featuring Anne will hit blogs and magazines everywhere starting September 2008.

Lancôme’s latest spokesmodel was Kate Winslet. Clive Owen was the first spokesman for Lancôme’s Men’s skincare range.

Actress ANNE HATHAWAY has reason to smile in 2008 - she's been announced as the new face of Lancome. The Devil Wears Prada beauty, 25, will front a new advertising campaign by the cosmetics giant for a new fragrance which will be launched later this year (08). A spokesperson for Lancome says of her appointment, "Anne Hathaway is a radiant young woman who perfectly embodies modern femininity. We know she will portray all the passion and excitement of our new fragrance, to be launched throughout the world in September 2008."

contactmusic.com

(Pagesix.com)

Going Green

SHE may act like a straight-laced angel, but "The Devil Wears Prada" star Anne Hathaway has a devilish side, too. Hathaway was spotted stocking up on five bottles of newly legal Lucid absinthe at Park Avenue Liquors the other day. "She was having a party" at the Fifth Avenue duplex she shares with Italian wheeler-dealer Raffaello Follieri, one source told us, adding, "She also borrowed an absinthe fountain from a nearby restaurant to serve them."

Anyone know whatever happened with that lawsuit with her sketchy boyfriend? I was kind of surprised she didn't kick him to the curb when all that stuff about him came out.

(IMDB.COM)

Hathaway Honours Gay Brother at Human Rights Gala

Actress Anne Hathaway braved a family death and attended a Gay Rights Gala in Los Angeles this last weekend. The Devil Wears Prada star was handed the Human Rights Campaign's Ally For Equality Award during its annual Los Angeles celebration at the Hyatt Century Plaza hotel. Despite the family tragedy, Hathaway insisted she would not have avoided the gala at any cost. The actress revealed her brother Mike is gay and recalled the moment he first came out to the family. Hathaway said, "We hugged him, said we loved him and that was that."

Anne H's BF Popped for Bouncing Big Check

Anne Hathaway's Italian stallion was just arrested by NYPD for allegedly bouncing a real big check his ass couldn't cover.

Police tell us Zac Braff-alike Raffaelo Follieri was popped for one misdemeanor count of issuing a bad check -- he's still in police custody, being booked. A source tells TMZ that the check was written for around $250,000, and when the bank said insufficient funds, it wasn't even close. Apparently, the devil wears knock-offs!

That's hardly the end of the bad news for Follieri. A DC court just ordered him to pay almost $250,000 to a PR firm that he still owes for work they did.

Source: TMZ

Anne Hathaway's Boyfriend Arrested in New York

People

By Stephen M. Silverman

Anne Hathaway's boyfriend of the past four years, Italian property developer Raffaelo Follieri, was arrested Thursday and charged with trying to pass a bad check, NYPD spokesman Det. Martin Speechley tells PEOPLE.

The check was for around $250,000, says TMZ.com, which first reported the arrest.

Follieri was recently ordered by a Washington, D.C., court to pay a public-relations firm $250,000 for work done on his behalf, the Web site says.

This isn't Follieri's first run of bad press. Last year, the Wall Street Journal reported on billionaire Ron Burkle's lawsuit against Follieri for allegedly squandering $1.3 million in business funds to support his extremely lavish lifestyle. Follieri denied any wrongdoing.

Earlier this year, the Devil Wears Prada star, 25, and Follieri, 29, were seen together at New York's hip hangout, the Waverly Inn. In February 2007, Hathaway told London's Sunday Times that Follieri was a positive influence who helped bring her out of a lengthy depression.

"He's brought out so many positive attributes," she said. "Before I met him, I wasted so much time. I was just annoying and narcissistic and smelled bad. He's protective without being possessive, passionate without needing to show his temper."

"He's brought out so many positive attributes," she said. "Before I met him, I wasted so much time. I was just annoying and narcissistic and smelled bad.

Um.... yeah, Anne. I think Prozac and/or a teensy bit of maturity takes care of a lot of that shit.

He's protective without being possessive, passionate without needing to show his temper."

He's a thief and a con-artist. God help her (and her portfolio) if she marries that guy.

Hathaway's Boyfriend: History of Legal Troubles

People

By Oliver Jones

For Anne Hathaway's boyfriend Raffaello Follieri, Thursday's arrest in New Jersey for allegedly writing a bad check was only the latest in a long line of financial and legal troubles for the 29-year-old Italian real estate developer.

Follieri, 29, was released Thursday evening on a desk-appearance ticket after allegedly bouncing a $215,000 check, according to reports. His lawyer told the New York Daily News that the "underlying obligation has been paid."

Since moving to New York over four years ago to start a business redeveloping Roman Catholic Church properties, Follieri, the scion of a powerful Italian real estate family that boasted strong ties to the Vatican, has been the subject of a number of lawsuits, including one filed by billionaire supermarket magnate – and Bill and Hilary Clinton associate – Ron Burkle.

In the lawsuit, filed in May of last year in Delaware, Burkle alleges that Follieri took more than $1 million of his company's money to pay for an extravagant lifestyle for the couple, which included a $40,000 a month penthouse apartment in the Trump Tower, private jet travel, lavish spending sprees, and five star dog care for the couple's Labrador Esmeralda.

Follieri and Hathaway have been all but inseparable since becoming couple since 2005, and are regulars at Manhattan's celeb-packed eatery the Waverly Inn.

Hathaway, 24, who sits on the board of the Follieri Foundation, a charitable group started by her boyfriend, will next be seen this summer opposite Steve Carell in Get Smart and is currently shooting the Bride Wars with Kate Hudson in New York.

Hathaway’s Boyfriend Pays $1.3 Million To End Lawsuit

Actress ANNE HATHAWAY’s boyfriend RAFFAELO FOLLIERI has agreed to pay $1.3 million (£650,000) to settle a lawsuit with billionaire RON BURKLE.

Italian businessman Follieri was sued by Burkle last year (07) when the U.S.

supermarket tycoon accused him of squandering the sum to support his lavish lifestyle.

A Delaware judge dismissed Burkle’s lawsuit on Friday (25Apr08) after the pair announced they had already reached an agreement, though Follieri initially denied the charges.

Burkle first teamed up with Follieri on the purchase of distressed Catholic church properties.

Earlier this month (Apr08) Follieri was arrested and charged with trying to pass a bad cheque, reportedly for around $250,000 (£125,000). He is reportedly now working with police to sort what he claims is a misunderstanding.

Source: pr-inside

Actress ANNE HATHAWAY’s boyfriend RAFFAELO FOLLIERI has agreed to pay $1.3 million (£650,000) to settle a lawsuit with billionaire RON BURKLE.

That's too bad. I hope she didn't have to cough that up to save his ass from the wrath of Ron, but I suspect that she did.

Earlier this month (Apr08) Follieri was arrested and charged with trying to pass a bad cheque, reportedly for around $250,000 (£125,000). He is reportedly now working with police to sort what he claims is a misunderstanding.

Riiiight. It's some kind of mistake at the bank! It's a computer glitch! It's.... um..... anything other than this asshole being a con-artist.

It's past time she dumped this loser. Let's hope that the $1.3 mil was a payoff and she got the negatives or whatever the hell he's holding over her.

Edited by hedda_louella

Prosecutors Get Smart, Won't Charge Anne's BF

TMZ

Anne HathawayRaffaelo Follieri, who has been dating Hathaway for almost four years, will not be prosecuted for allegedly passing a bad check.

Follieri was arrested last month for allegedly writing a check for nearly a quarter mil that he couldn't cover. A spokesperson for the Manhattan DA says Follieri fully reimbursed John Morrongiello for the check, and Morrongiello doesn't want to pursue it further.

Anne Hathaway - Parade Magazine

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A Princess Grows Up

By Jeanne Wolf

People always ask me, ‘So, how do you feel being Hollywood’s good girl?’” Anne Hathaway says. “Am I? That’s an easy way to sum me up. But frankly, at the end of the day, I say, ‘There are worse things to be.’”

After being a fantasy role model for little girls everywhere in The Princess Diaries, Hathaway, 25, wanted to be known for more than being nice. “It’s not that I’m all that bad,” she says with a laugh. “I just think that people had this idea that I sat at home and sucked on lollipops and ate cotton candy while I watched cartoons—wearing a tiara.”

Now she’s going for wacky comedy in the new movie Get Smart, out this month, packing a gun and unleashing kicks and punches as Agent 99 opposite Steve Carell’s spy Maxwell Smart. But fighting in high heels wasn’t her biggest challenge. “Just keeping myself from cracking up with Steve nearly killed me,” she says.

Despite taking on decidedly adult roles in Havoc and Brokeback Mountain, Hathaway has retained her good-girl image. Her charming portrayal of a beleaguered assistant in The Devil Wears Prada won her more fans and new confidence. “I used to worry too much, take myself too seriously,” she says. “I had to learn that perfectionism slows everything down. All it does is keep you motivated by fear.”

Growing up in Millburn, N.J., Hathaway appeared in school plays, took acting classes, and got some modeling jobs. An overachiever, she also baby-sat to make extra money.

She landed a part in the short-lived Fox series Get Real in 1999. Her proverbial big break came a year later, when she was cast as the kid who discovers she’s a royal in Disney’s blockbuster The Princess Diaries.

But Anne, a tall brunette with a megawatt smile, says her life isn’t exactly a fairy tale. “Problems find you,” she says. “You don’t need to seek them out. And that includes feeling badly about yourself. Life will find a way of messing you up. Life will throw some curveballs your way. You don’t have to worry about that.”

Recently, the curveballs have been flying fast. The death of Heath Ledger, her co-star in Brokeback Mountain, was a shocker that touched her deeply. “That was tough,” she says. “I hesitate to talk about Heath. He was special in so many ways. I can tell you that I feel I cared about him more than I actually knew him. It was devastating, and the people who were closest to him should talk about him in their own time.”

Hathaway also was shaken recently when her boyfriend of four years, Italian real-estate developer Raffaello Follieri, was accused of financial wrongdoing. She suddenly found herself the subject of tabloid gossip, with writers speculating about what she knew and whether she’d stay with him. The case recently was settled, but Hathaway still isn’t ready to discuss what happened.

In the middle of that turmoil, Hathaway’s favorite uncle died unexpectedly, and she was forced to learn even more life lessons. “My family was searching for something to put on his funeral program,” says Hathaway, “and we found a quote that made me think about a lot of the recent events in my life: ‘The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you, if you don’t let it get the best of you.’”

So what drives her now? “Well, I’d have to say a part of me is driven by gratitude, gratefulness,” she says. “There are people that are a lot more talented than I am who have not enjoyed the success that I’ve enjoyed. And I don’t ever want to appear ungrateful for all that I have. I think pride drives me a bit as well. I don’t want to fail, which is part of the perfectionism I’m trying to overcome. I’m still dealing with it.”

With a maturity she doesn’t always give herself credit for, Hathaway says working on Get Smart and the comedy she’s filming now, Bride Wars with Kate Hudson, has been an enormous help in coping with the unexpected reversals. “I don’t have enough life experience to know what the cure is,” Anne says. “I know that at certain moments in my life where I’ve been going through a lot, work was the worst thing for me. And other moments, it was the best thing for me. I think when I first started out, acting was an escape. And now it’s a lot more pleasure.”

Hathaway’s family—her father, Gerald, is a lawyer, and her mother, Kate McCauley, is an actress—has been behind her through all the ups and downs that surround her skyrocketing career. Anne and her mom even acted together in The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, in which McCauley played a choir director. Anne says fame needs tending, but so do the other aspects of her life. “I’ve enjoyed my successes, and I’ve enjoyed my failures,” she says. “And I’m 25. And that’s a remarkable place to be at.”

It’s hard to sum up the balance she’s trying to achieve, but Anne thoughtfully explains, “There’s something that, growing up, my mom would say to me. And I say it back to her a lot. We’re fairly dramatic people. And we’re prone to very big feelings. So, when those very big feelings sometimes aren’t the most positive thing, we just look at each other, and we say, ‘Choose joy.’”

I can't believe they published this one. The color she's wearing is all wrong

and she looks wrinkled and tired. Weird.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was thinking the same thing.

I thought all the pics were bad. The lighting looks way to harsh and her makeup to stark.

Posted Image

I was thinking the same thing.

I thought all the pics were bad. The lighting looks way to harsh and her makeup to stark.

OK. Lets keep it real. That bitch is ugly. But she has a nice light that shines from her inside........deep, deep, deep, deep, deep, in her insides. She seems really fuckin good though, like when she was in the Devil wears Prada

That's exactly what I thought. Not a decent pic in the entire batch. She looks middle-aged, puffy-eyed, exhausted, hung-over and/or wasted in every single shot. It's a disaster.

Purpleiris:

She looks like she's swinging from gigantic anal beads.

Oh. My. God.

That may be my favorite Chitchat comment EVER! You rule, Purp. :D :D :D

Not only does she look like she swinging from them, she's so wan and lifeless it makes you wonder if she actually used them. :blink:

I think she's one of the more naturally stunning women I've ever seen, but the styling and the pics do nothing for her. I agree she needs strong colors and careful lighting. Sometimes there's a fine line between breathtaking and fugly.