princess

Anne Hathaway

Anne Hathaway to Be Saluted by Harvard

Harvard is sweet on The Devil Wears Prada star Anne Hathaway.

The Ivy League university will bestow its Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year award on Hathaway at a parade and ceremony Jan. 28, organizers have announced.

The actresss, 27, was named to the honor by Harvard's Hasty Pudding Theatricals – the country's oldest undergraduate drama troupe – for her "contribution to entertainment."

Hathaway, whose other films include Brokeback Mountain, Becoming Jane and Rachel Getting Married, was chosen because of the variety of her roles on screen and on the stage, a spokesman for the group told the The Harvard Crimson student newspaper.

"That theater aspect really hit home for us, for the Pudding, and we're so excited for her to come," he said.

The group's man of the year recipient has yet to be revealed.

Last year, honorees Renée Zellweger and James Franco received golden pudding pots – to mark a tradition that began in 1795, when Harvard members of the club pledged to bring "a pot of hasty pudding" to each meeting.

Source People

Anne Hathway’s Fraudster Ex Wants Her Back

ANNE Hathaway’s ex-boyfriend is trying to worm his way back into her life.

According to American tabloid the National Enquirer, Raffaello Follieri – who’s serving time for fraud — is trying to woo the actress with love letters from prison.

But the Devil Wears Prada star has moved on and moved in with actor Adam Shulman, and he’s not at all pleased that Raffaello is still pining for the brunette beauty.

“Anne is incredibly happy with Adam, but Raffaello isn’t giving up,” a source divulged.

“He’s written Anne several letters from prison begging her to wait for him. She’s way over him and has never written back, but Adam is furious.

“Adam demanded Anne write Raffaello and tell him it’s over for good.

“But Anne doesn’t want to give Raffaello any attention at all.

“There’s no way she’d ever take him back, and she’s hoping he’ll forget about her.

“Raffaello’s letters are causing a rift in their relationship. But Anne refuses to give in to Adam’s demand to write Raffaello. She adores Adam, and as far as she’s concerned, the Raffaello chapter of her life is closed.”

Source showbizspy.com

Hathaway 'Receiving Letters From Jailed Conman Ex'

ANNE HATHAWAY has reportedly been receiving letters from her jailed ex-fiance, conman RAFFAELLO FOLLIERI, begging the actress to "wait" for him so they can reunite when he is released from prison.

The Italian businessman was sentenced to four-and-a-half years behind bars in December 2008 after pleading guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, conspiracy and money laundering.

The Devil Wears Prada actress dumped Follieri in June 2008, shortly before he was arrested by federal authorities and admitted to scamming more than $3.6 million (£2.25 million) from investment and real estate firms.

The star has since embarked on a relationship with actor Adam Shulman - but Follieri has been finding it hard to move on, and regularly writes to Hathaway begging for a second chance, according to Britain's Sunday Express.

A source tells the publication, "Anne fears anything she says to him will lead to a fresh avalanche of mail. The letters are not only torturing Anne, they are putting pressure on her new relationship."

Source contactmusic

Good grief, Follieri is delusional. Why on earth would she want him back? CNBC had an interesting show on him as part of their American Greed: Scams series.

no long a vice virgin, Ted answered my 2nd attempt at asking him a question.

Dear Ted:

Love Anne Hathaway. I know it's not her big film, but she really cracked me up in Get Smart (on the tube the other night). Has she been a B.V., or have her vices already been public? Thanks Ted!

—99

Dear Good Girl:

Feeling's mutual re: Miss Hathaway. She hasn't fallen victim to the dark part of our blolumn, no.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_awful_...l#ixzz0j6fho53G

So, no vices for AH at this point on the AT w TC.

Anne Hathaway threw 'a fit' over Amanda Seyfried's Oscar dress during rehearsal, insider says

Wonderwall, Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:38pm (PST)

Us Weekly

Cosette reportedly made Fantine very, very upset. Us Weekly has brand-new details on what went down between "Les Miserables" co-stars Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried the day before the Academy Awards and caused a panicked Hathaway to ditch her planned Valentino gown in favor of a Prada creation for her Oscar-winning night.

An insider close to the situation tells Us Hathaway learned during an Oscar rehearsal at Hollywood's Dolby Theatre on Feb. 22 that Seyfried planned to wear a dress notably similar to hers to the ceremony. After Hathaway asked about her pal's dress, Seyfried graciously shared an iPhone snap of the Alexander McQueen creation.

"Anne was like 'WTF?!'" the source reports. "She started throwing a fit!" The 30-year-old Best Supporting Actress victor, however, "never told Amanda she had to change the dress." Still, Seyfried, 27, was ruffled by Hathaway's tirade. "Amanda didn't want to deal with it and left" the rehearsal, the source notes.

But the drama didn't end there: It spilled into Oscars Sunday, as Hathaway fretted over the switch-up with her glam squad at home. "Anne made the fashion, makeup, hair and jewelry teams wait at her home for hours as she decided what to do about the dress debacle," a second insider tells Us. The star also "asked for silence so she could rehearse her singing for the 'Les Mis' tribute at the Oscars. It was a painfully long experience."

Hathaway acknowledged the kerfuffle in a surprising statement released by her publicist earlier this week. "It came to my attention late Saturday night that there would be a dress worn to the Oscars that is remarkably similar to the Valentino I had intended to wear, and so I decided it was best for all involved to change my plans," the "I Dreamed a Dream" singer said. "Though I love the dress I did wear, it was a difficult last-minute decision as I had so looked forward to wearing Valentino in honor of the deep and meaningful relationship I have enjoyed with the house and with Valentino himself. I deeply regret any disappointment caused."

"I kind of can't understand why Anne didn't wear the Valentino gown, anyway," the first source opines. "She was the one winning the award, not Amanda. Who cares?"

She should have worn the original dress. The dress Amanda wore didn't fit that well in the chest and Anne's original choice was prettier anyway. Plus, Anne won the Oscar and is the bigger star, so if anyone would have looked amiss, it would have been Amanda. Instead, Anne wore an ugly dress in an ugly color. Fool!

I thought Amanda looked rather washed out in that dress -- pale color, pale skin, pale hair. Anne probably would have looked better in it with her darker hair to serve as a contrast.

However, that said.....I also thought Anne's publicist released statement about the whole kerfuffle was rather gauche. Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

I also read Jennifer Aniston also changed her dress because she thought Anne was wearing the Valentino dress. Apparently, she had a similar one picked out from Valentino. What a mess! Someone at Valentino has got to be getting fired over this. Surely they keep charts of these kinds of things. Especially, if they had Anniston in a similar dress as Hathaway. I understand the Seyfried thing since it was another designer, but what I don't understand is why Valentino didn't have some backup options for Anne. Also, what is up with all the nude dresses this year. They don't look that great on the red carpet. The dress Anne originally had picked out would have been beautiful in another color besides nude.

In all honesty, the dress she original picked out was much prettier on the runway, but I think with her hair short that dress would have made her look matronly. Especially, if it would have been in nude. I think she would have looked old in it. The Prada dress would have been OK if she just would have worn some pasties.

I'm not sure that I've ever seen anyone who looks all that great in a nude-colored gown. It washes out fair-complexioned women, especially if they have light hair coloring and makes most everyone else look blah. Someone with Salma Hayak or Penelope Cruz' skin coloring and hair would probably look good in that color though.

The Prada dress would have been OK if she just would have worn some pasties.

Most of the problem came from darts, not actual nipples, so I don't think pasties would have helped.....

So you are saying the shadows of the darts made it look like her aureolas were showing through on the red carpet? I get what you are saying now. I had thought that the fabric was thin and when the camera was flashing on the red carpet, her aureolas were showing in the pics. I noticed by the time she got on stage some of the problem had been rectified in that area so I assumed that she had gotten a hold of some pasties by the time the show came on. But I now see it could have just been lighting/shadows from the darts. Oh well, it is still not as bad as what fishsticks wore in 2002.

Hmm, I never saw dark areola on the red carpet, just puckering & bumps. Could be a little bit of all of the above, I suppose.

Someone at Valentino has got to be getting fired over this. Surely they keep charts of these kinds of things. Especially, if they had Anniston in a similar dress as Hathaway. I understand the Seyfried thing since it was another designer, but what I don't understand is why Valentino didn't have some backup options for Anne.

And a whole bunch of stylists -- you would think that the designers and stylists would talk to each other so that this kind of thing wouldn't happen.

I saw the dress Amanda wore compared with the dress that Anne was going to wear. it did look very similar and I don't think the Valentino dress would have looked good on Anee. It was a beautiful dress but I agree with Silliness, it would would have made her look older.