Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

50 Cent

Maybe she did it, maybe he did it. She's kicked out of the house at the end of this school year so she has an obvious motive. His thugs got into a huge fight with her thugs inside and outside of court last week. Jackson himself went after her physically and had to be held back. The whole scene was violent and completely out of control. He has obvious motive as well.

But to set it on fire with the kid inside the house? I don't care what your beef is, that's extremely fucked up.

50 Cent's 100k gift

Rapper 50 Cent has an extravagant way of showing his friendship — he just gave his new co-star, Val Kilmer, a car! The unlikely duo first bonded over their shared love of vintage automobiles on the set of their new movie, Streets of Blood. Then on May 23, after just a week of filming in Shreveport, La., the 32-year-old surprised Val, 48, by handing over the keys to a prized classic from his personal fleet: a 1965 Chevy Impala, worth $100,000. “Val was shocked,” says 50 Cent’s producing partner, Randall Emmett. “50 is an amazing guy and incredibly generous.” Val and 50 Cent play cops in the new action flick, which also stars Sharon Stone.

50 Cent has business-centered reality show on MTV

NEW YORK (AP) -- 50 Cent has a new show on MTV in which business-savvy contestants compete for a shot at fame and a huge cash prize. But the rapper says he's not following the path of that other famous reality show hosted by Donald Trump.

"Immediately when you say a reality show that has a business spin to it, they think 'The Apprentice,' and the difference is these people don't actually want to work for me," the 32-year-old said in a recent interview. "They have their own business ideas that they created and they're competing for $100,000 in seed money."

"50 Cent: The Money and the Power" debuts Thursday. It features 14 contestants competing to show that they are the best entrepreneurs. 50 Cent will chop down the number of contestants until the winner is crowned.

The rapper and mogul said the show is like a visual companion to his upcoming book, "The 50th Law," with Robert Greene, who wrote "The 48 Laws of Power."

"Ahead of my actual music taking off, I would have wanted to be on the show," he said. "$100,000 would have been great, and the MTV exposure."

People will be seeing a lot of 50 Cent in the next few months. Besides the MTV project, he is releasing his latest album, "Before I Self Destruct," on Dec. 9. The CD includes an accompanying feature-length film with the same title.

more

50 Cent Gets Monthly Visitation With Son

Posted Image

50 Cent reached an agreement with his former girlfriend on Wednesday in a bitter custody dispute over their 12-year-old son Marquise.

The rapper (real name: Curtis Jackson) and ex Shaniqua Tompkins avoided eye contact as they and their attorneys went before a judge in a Central Islip, N.Y., courtroom just before noon on Wednesday.

During the hearing, which lasted less than five minutes, a judge granted Jackson one weekend visit a month with Marquise, who will also spend half of his school's winter and spring breaks with his father.

"50 is pleased this has been settled and looks forward to spending some quality time with his son," the rapper's attorney Brett Kimmel tells PEOPLE.

"We came to an agreement," Tompkins told PEOPLE after the hearing. "Despite my feelings for his father, I want Marquise and his father to have a healthy relationship. That's what that time is for."

The former couple had been in a heated custody dispute following the May 30 fire that destroyed a Long Island home owned by Jackson and inhabited by Tompkins and their son.

Tompkins publicly blamed Jackson for starting the blaze in the midst of his attempts to evict her. The rap artist denied the allegation and in June filed a $20 million defamation lawsuit against his ex.

50 Cent Collaborates with Bette Midler

Posted Image

Odd couple alert!

What could 50 Cent and Bette Midler possibly have in common? Plenty, it turns out.

The two joined forces Monday to celebrate the opening of "The Curtis '50 Cent' Jackson Community Garden" in Queens, New York.

"I called and nagged him," Midler said, describing how she got 50 Cent involved with the garden. "His G-Unity Foundation gives a million dollars away every year in grants to non profits all over the city ... They're just brilliant."

The garden (the most recent endeavor for Midler’s New York Restoration Project) is located in Jamaica, Queens, where the rapper grew up. It will mainly serve as a living classroom for neighborhood school children to learn about how food grows.

"I wish I had this to come to when I was growing up around here," he said. "The opportunity to create this garden for the youth and the community is a great one."

Besides, he noted, "When Bette calls you don't say 'no.' Not if you want your reputation to stay the way it is."

So, will Midler and 50 Cent work together in the future? "Absolutely!" he said, before sharing a laugh and a hug with the singer.

"He's producing my next record," the Beaches star said with a wink. "I will be rapping. He's writing a song for me right now."

50 Cent Joining Fall Out Boy On Tour

Rapper will appear on five dates, starting in Dallas on April 14.

Fall Out Boy will be joining forces with 50 Cent for five dates of the band's Believers Never Die Part Deux tour this spring. The rockers kick off the jaunt, in support of their latest LP, Folie à Deux, on April 3 in Phoenix.

Fif's first stop on the tour will be in Dallas on April 14. Additional cities where 50 Cent will be joining the guys reportedly will be announced each day this week on Fall Out Boy's Web site, FriendsOrEnemies.com.

"Yep, that's right. FOE has made it big time & stepping into the spotlight to bring you the coolest tour this spring!" the guys wrote on the site. "Fall Out Boy, Cobra Starship, Metro Station, All Time Low and Hey Monday are taking over the road on the Believers Never Die Part Deux tour, and it's gonna be b-a-n-a-n-a-s. The tour will be stopping everywhere — from Denver to Dallas."

If fans haven't gotten tickets to the shows, they can play "Fall Out Boy Trail" to win tickets to see FOB live. They can also enter a MySpace Karaoke contest to win a paid trip to meet the band anywhere in the U.S. or Canada.

Source MTV.com

50 Cent's Jay-Z Blast

50 Cent thinks Jay-Z is too old to continue touring.

The 'Candy Shop' rapper believes the hip-hop mogul signed his recent deal with Live Nation - which sees the company handle all of his records, touring, merchandising and marketing - because he is at an age where he doesn't feel he needs to continue negotiating different aspects of his professional life.

50 - real name Curtis Jackson - explained: "Jay is in a different space in his career. He may be tired of running around and negotiating each individual deal. The deal would be actually putting that in someone else's hands.

"I'm comfortable doing it the way I've been doing it. The difference between him and me is obvious.

"He's married to Beyonce, he's getting ready to be 40 years old. He's in a different place, he might not want to run around, and even touring may soon be out of the question. He might want to be in the office and run one of the companies."

50 also claimed another hip-hop star, 'Missing You' singer P. Diddy, has not released a good song for years - but says he is still one of the leading lights of rap music.

He added to KING-mag.com: "Puffy has the best model for staying relevant, because he does it without a song. He's been able to maintain an interest and stay in a space to executive produce television and film projects, and stay relevant to hip-hop culture. "What was the last record that made you feel like, 'Oh, my God, Puffy is on fire?' You don't need it."

Source femalefirst

50 Cent Has No Remorse For Criminal History

50 Cent doesn't regret being a pre-teen crack dealer.

The 'Candy Shop' rapper started selling drugs in Queens, New York, after his mother - also a dealer - was murdered.

He was just 12 years old, and would tell his grandmother he was at an after-school club while he roamed the streets pushing narcotics.

The musician - real name Curtis Jackson - explained: "If there was another option that made sense to me at that time period, I would have taken it. But I made my choices at an age where there was an innocence involved.

"I identify with it being the wrong choice now, but you can't regret that you made it."

50 quit drug dealing in 2000, but an old "crack feud" came back to haunt him a few months later when he was shot nine times at close range.

He sustained injuries to his hand, arm, hip, chest, legs and cheek, but eventually fully recovered.

The hip-hop star now sees the shooting as a "transformational moment" that made him into the strong person he is today.

He explained: "When you get hurt as bad as I was hurt when I was shot, either fear consumes you, or you become insensitive.

"Things that happened to me after that started to matter a lot less. Whatever else happens is just not a big deal."

Source: monstersandcritics.com

Imperfect 50 Cent

50 Cent's new album cover shows off his "imperfections".

The rapper - real name Curtis Jackson - says he wanted an "intimate" picture for the artwork for 'Before I Self Destruct', which features a close-up of the 'Candy Shop' star's face with his skin burning off and a fiery skull underneath.

He told MTV: "The album cover, I sat there and thought about it. I wanted to do something that was completely different than I've ever done. The 'Curtis' album, I was pretty close in the camera when I done it. I felt it was intimate. This project is even more intimate, but it's harder. I didn't sugarcoat things. My imperfections are visible on there. I'm in a secure enough space.

"There's a huge gape in hip-hop. There ain't no middle ground. You're either here or you're there. To create the middle ground, the guys that have been up here gotta come down and bring everybody to the forefront where they seen. That's what this is actually about."

Source contactmusic

50 Cent 'Won't End Feud With The Game'

50 Cent has stated that he will not end his ongoing feud with The Game.

The Game recently made amends with former foe Dr Dre in order to work on his forthcoming Detox album.

However, 50 Cent revealed that he does not intend to follow suit, insisting that there will be no forthcoming collaborations between the pair.

"You shouldn't really hold your breath," Contactmusic quotes the rapper as saying. "If Dre decides to work with him, that's Dre's prerogative - his album, he can do what he wants."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

50 Cent Feels The Crunch

50 Cent has lost "a few million" in the current worldwide recession.

The 'Candy Shop' rapper said his financial endeavours - particularly buying and selling diamonds - have taken a hit in the present financial climate.

He said: "The credit crunch has hit rap. I buy diamonds on a very regular basis. But now I am selling my old stuff before I get something new. These are times when you learn about the value of money

"If you don't lose money in this recession it means you didn't have enough to start off with. Sure, I lost a few million but that's because I have so much.

"Any businessman who wants a piece of the future should learn from me."

Despite saying his finances have taken a turn for the worse, the rapper - real name Curtis Jackson - reportedly ran up a bar tab of £75,000 last week, as he celebrated at the after-party for his latest film 'Dead Man Running' at the Alto club in London.

An onlooker told Britain's Daily Mail newspaper: "When he arrived at the club it was mayhem. The area was cleared for him and security ushered him straight through. On his table were bottles of champagne but he wanted a magnum bottle of Ace Of Spades champagne. "You could tell he was loving all the attention, as people were trying to take pictures on their phones and were shouting his name."

The 33-year-old hip-hop artist - who stars in the British gangster film as a loan shark named Thigo - also performed in the film for free after learning proceeds from it would help disadvantaged children.

Source femalefirst

50 Cent's Thug And Drug Past

50 Cent started drug dealing because he was too young to get a regular job.

The 'Crimewave' rapper became a crack dealer in New York aged just 12, but never took drugs himself because he felt he would become addicted and end up dead.

He said: "I sold drugs and I was in a situation where there weren't many options available to me - I was so young that working wasn't an option so that's when I was dealing, when I was 12."

When asked if he ever experimented with substances himself, the 34-year-old hip-hop star told BANG Showbiz: "No because I'm obsessive. I do things to an extreme. I know this about myself, I'm an extremist.

"I wouldn't get high, I would get extremely f***ing high. I'd probably get so high I probably wouldn't come back if I fell into that kind of space. I know myself enough to know that I got to stay away."

After being arrested for offences related to drug dealing in 1994 the rapper, aged 19 at the time, avoided between three and nine years in jail by spending seven months stay in a youth 'shock incarceration' boot camp in upstate New York.

50 Cent is currently starring in British gangster film 'Dead Man Running', and is releasing his album 'Before I Self Destruct' next month.

Source monstersandcritics.com

50 Cent's Security Splurge

50 Cent spends $20,000 a week on security to protect himself.

The 'Candy Shop' rapper - who was shot at nine times during an incident in 2000 and has openly admitted to dealing drugs in the past takes extreme measures both to protect himself and his property and also to ensure he doesn't get sued.

The 33-year-old star explained: "I spend $20,000 a week on security. My home is surrounded by cameras.

"I need surveillance not only to look out for me but also to protect me. You get all these crazy lawsuits and I need cameras to check on things."

50 is not the only star concerned about his security.

David and Victoria Beckham have splashed the cash to turn their UK home into an impregnable fortress.

Their £2.5 million mansion in Hertfordshire, England, is now protected by CCTV surveillance, guard dogs, a high wall topped with razor wire and 24-hour security patrols by former SAS members.

One employee previously said: "Even if you're only going there for a few hours, you still have to sign in and out of every room. The cameras watch you from the minute you go in - it's like a military base."

Source femalefirst

50 Cent: 'I Always Knew I'd Be Rich'

50 Cent has said that he always knew he would grow up to be rich and famous.

The Get Rich or Die Tryin' star runs a successful business alongside acting in movies and forging a prosperous music career.

"I expected myself to be successful," Angry Ape quotes the rapper as saying. "Not this successful as fast, but I'm working, I'm ambitious and I'll always create new goals and challenge myself to accomplish them."

50 Cent went on to affirm that no matter what their background is, people should never let anything stand in the way of their ambitions.

"There are no excuses, if you allow yourself to let not winning be an option then you won't win," he added. "I spent a long period of time with nothing around to support my ideas but me."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

50 Cent's Body Art

50 Cent used to draw his muscles on.

The 'Candy Shop' rocker was ashamed about his physique when he piled on the pounds on the road so used cosmetics to look more defined.

He said: "In 2005 I was about 15 pounds heavier. I had to draw my muscles on. I got fat while I was doing the tour."

50 - real name Curtis Jackson - is not the only star to use make-up tricks to give himself a better body.

It was previously claimed that 'Twilight' hunk Robert Pattinson used cosmetics and clever lighting to appear more muscular.

A source said: "Robert had a team of make-up artists working on his stomach to make it appear as if he had a six-pack.

"They used all their tricks - including liquid body paint, shading and airbrushing - to make his torso look toned. Whenever they stopped filming, Robert would duck back inside to get touched up by the make-up team.

"The lighting team helped as well, creating the perfect way to accentuate the shading and highlights."

Source contactmusic

50 Cent Has His Tattoos Removed

Rapper 50 Cent has had the tattoos on his arms removed - so he doesn't have to spend hours in the make-up chair on film sets.

The star, real name Curtis Jackson, is tired of early call times so his skin art can be covered up - and so he has gone under the Laser to have many of his tattoos erased.

He says, "I took 'em off. I've been on a few acting projects and they been making me get up... My call time is four hours before the regular acting talent because of the tattoos.

"I've got a project I'm supposed to be doing with Nicolas Cage, called "The Dance," it's a boxing film... it's like my passion project and... when you're a fighter you're sweating (and) with a whole bunch of make-up on and stuff like that, it doesn't look real to me."

But there's one tattoo 50 will never peel off: "I kept my back piece. I can't take that off."

Source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailyd...x#ixzz0XL14dbD7

50 Cent Wanted His Own Condom

Hip-hop entrepreneur 50 Cent was forced to shelve plans to launch a new safe sex campaign after his design for a revolutionary new condom failed to stand up scientifically.

The "In Da Club" hitmaker wanted to market his own brand of contraception to encourage fans to be responsible in the bedroom - because the U.S.-wide Wrap It Up ad campaign, which promotes safe sex, was no longer having the same impact on youngsters.

50 Cent admits he wanted to enhance users' sexual pleasure at the same time by adding chemicals to the condom to boost men's performance - but his idea failed because scientists couldn't come up with a viable solution.

He says, "I was looking for the opportunity to create a new safe sex campaign. The Wrap It Up campaign is something that is used so often, it wasn't effective anymore. So I thought this is a great opportunity for me to get involved.

"But it just didn't work out because I wanted things in it that wouldn't work. I wanted things that would prolong sexual performance. You could just put it on and just go."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0XeBgBME4

50 Cent Has Angelina Fantasy

50 Cent wants to be Brad Pitt so he can have sex with Angelina Jolie.

The rapper would love to swap bodies with the 'Inglourious Basterds' hunk for a day, so he could make passionate love to the beautiful actress.

He said: "I'd be Brad Pitt. Go sleep with Angelina and come back."

Brad and Angelina - who is regularly named as one of the world's sexiest women in polls - have been dating since 2005 and raise six children together.

Meanwhile, 50 has admitted his alcohol tolerance is so low, he gets drunk after two drinks.

The rapper - real name Curtis Jackson - told Complex magazine: "For me... two cups is over the limit. After one beer, you're drunk, technically."

The 34-year-old star also claimed he is prone to mood swings which affect the people around him.

When asked who he most annoying person he knew was, 50 replied: "It might be me. I'm a moody person."

Source femalefirst

50 Cent Reveals 'Worst Xmas Present'

50 Cent has revealed the worst Christmas gift he has ever received.

He told The Guardian that it was an already-worn T-shirt given to him by his aunt.

"My Aunt Sylvia gave me a shirt that had been worn before. It was dirty around the collar. I put it at the bottom of a pile of stuff, thinking to myself, 'I'm never going to wear that'," he said.

However, the rapper confessed that he accepted the present so as not to hurt his aunt's feelings.

"Hey, it's the thought that counts," the 33-year-old added.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

50 Cent Surprised By Chace Fans

50 Cent was shocked when Chace Crawford got more female attention than he did.

The rapper-and-actor - real name Curtis Jackson - was bemused when he saw hoards of screaming fans waiting outside the set of their movie 'Twelve' andfelt disappointed when he realised they weren't there to catch a glimpse of him.

He explained to the New York Daily News newspaper: "I made a fool of myself the first day of shooting. I got to my trailer and I saw this huge crowd of girls screaming. I stopped and was kind of having a moment. Then I turned around, and Chace was behind me, and that's who they were freaking out for."

However, 50 insists he could see the funny side of being less popular than the 'Gossip Girl' hunk.

He joked: "I remember thinking, 'What kind of bulls**t is this?' "

Chace recently claimed he is attractive because he has been "blessed" with good genes.

He said: "I'm blessed. I have a beautiful mother and beautiful father so I guess you could say I'm blessed with good genes."

Source contactmusic

50 Cent To Leave Aftermath?

50 Cent is rumoured to be leaving Aftermath Entertainment.

The label, which was founded by Dr Dre, has reportedly re-signed former G-Unit member The Game fuelling speculation that 50 Cent was not pleased with Aftermath's decision to represent both artists.

According to All Hip Hop, the 'In Da Club' rapper is thought to be seeking an independent route in the near future.

Last month, The Game launched a tirade against his former label president 50 Cent.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

50 Cent: 'I Don't Think I'll Retire'

50 Cent has admitted that he doesn't think he will retire.

Speaking to The Independent, the rapper explained that he will not limit himself to a music career.

"I don't think I'll retire," he said. "I think you should look forward to me going behind the scenes more. I still have a passion for music. And the music business itself has changed."

He continued: "If you can't figure out how to develop the brand extension and opportunities that allow you to build up the marketing dollar, I don't see how you can continue to be a superstar."

50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, added that he is excited about working on his upcoming movie projects.

"For me, it's an opportunity," he said. "I wrote the screenplays. Before I Self Destruct - that was the first one I wrote and directed. I hate to say it's not my best, but it was done on a budget and that makes it not as... extravagant as some of the things you'll see from me in the future.

"But since then I've created two other projects. Gun, I wrote that screenplay, and I wrote and produced a film called Love Me, Love Me Not. So I'm looking forward to a lot of different things."

50 Cent recently revealed that he is planning to make a dance album.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

50 Cent earns $75,000 for one-word club greeting

Rapper 50 Cent was laughing all the way to the bank following a guest appearance at a British club on Thursday, March 25 - he earned $75,000 for uttering one word to club-goers.

Bosses of the new nightspot Bamboo in Liverpool, England persuaded the "In Da Club" hitmaker to turn up to the club's opening night by offering him the staggering sum, as well as an array of free champagne and two beautiful girls to stay by his side all night.

Hundreds of revelers turned out to see the superstar, but they were disappointed after he only left his VIP spot to say "Hey" to the packed club before returning to his entourage, according to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper.

A source tells the publication, "It was the most blinging night ever. People though 50 Cent might perform a track or two, given his massive fee, but he just greeted the crowd with 'Hey' and got back to his two personally requested ladies, who were lavishing booze on him."

source: http://www.sfgate.com

Edited by sanlee