Sign in to follow this  
soho2chelsea

Dexter

"With some edits?"

They are going to have to edit half the show.

Ugh. I am not happy about this.

Me neither. Any watering down of the blood, guts and language of the show would ruin it!

"With some edits?"

They are going to have to edit half the show.

Ugh. I am not happy about this.

Me neither. Any watering down of the blood, guts and language of the show would ruin it!

All they have to do is edit out Lila and the show would be fine. :D

Edited by BobbyD

All they have to do is edit out Lily and the show would be fine. :D

LMAO!

Actually, if they do THAT, I may prefer the CBS version! Even if they have to edit out Keith Carradine's butt too. Lila is SO annoying.

I agree tyler. I mean, what are they going to do, show a serial killer who kills other serial killers but cut out all the killing? That should be just fabulous. :rolleyes:

Edited by soho2chelsea

I just started watching this show. Finally, a serial killer I can root for! :)

I can't stand Lila, either. I can't wait for the next season. I can't figure out why Lila would take a date rape drug and try to frame Batista.

LOL! Nice 2 know we all hate Lila(I dislike her so much I call her Lily)...Never in a million years would I find the English or Australian accent unsexy...but she totally makes the accent so unsexy. -_-

Please Dexter...kill her. Make her intestines into earrings and a necklace that you can give to Rita. :D

Or better yet...let Rita kill her. :lol:

OOOOH I like the idea of Rita killing her. BobbyD, you should write a spec script for Dexter. :)

By the way...episodes 11 and 12 have leaked on line and there are also lots of very detailed spoilers about the season finale out there. I'm trying to stay away to watch them with Mr. Soho, who refuses to be spoiled, but it's VERY hard.

CBS hopes 'Dexter' slays audiences

Showtime drama to begin airing Feb. 17

By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

CBS will splatter sawed-up versions of Showtime's serial killer drama "Dexter" across Sunday nights starting next month.

Skein will run Sundays at 10 p.m. starting Feb. 17. Net plans to air all 12 episodes of the show's first season over consecutive weeks.

Despite its grisly premise, "Dexter" doesn't depict much more onscreen violence than CBS procedurals like "CSI," said Showtime Entertainment prexy Bob Greenblatt. Nonetheless, the pay cabler had already been cutting "Dexter" into an edited version for off-net syndication.

According to the Eye, the deal -- which CBS topper Leslie Moonves had previously announced at the end of last year -- reps the first time a premium cable drama has wound up on broadcast TV. Several premium cable laffers have made the crossover -- including Showtime's "It's Garry Shandling's Show" and HBO's "Dream On," both of which ended up on Fox.

Move will expose "Dexter" to a much wider audience. Showtime is available in just 16.3% of TV homes (which subscribe to the premium service), compared with CBS' 99% national coverage.

"Dexter" is a "high-quality, compelling series that will be new and original programming for most CBS viewers," said Eye entertainment prexy Nina Tassler. "It's also a great match with our existing lineup."

Series will be cut not only because of content but also due to time issues. Average segs run nearly an hour; show will be sliced down to 47 or 48 minutes for CBS. That's still longer than the average hour primetime drama, and as a result, promo time will be axed. An Eye spokesman said he still expects "Dexter" to carry a full ad load.

Greenblatt has been overseeing the "Dexter" chops himself. The exec said he didn't think the cuts would impact the show creatively.

"It's exactly the show that it has always been. We're just cutting little things here and there that no one will miss," he said.

Former "Dexter" exec producer Daniel Cerone -- who wrote this past season's opening and closing segs and season one's finale, among others -- was less thrilled with the repurposing. The scribe said he wasn't sure "Dexter," even cut down, was appropriate for broadcast TV.

"We didn't pull any punches," he said. "We were very aware that we were writing for a premium cable audience. The most interesting thing about Dexter is he kills without remorse. I'm curious and intrigued at how they would cut the show down to make him a character that works on broadcast TV. I wouldn't feel like a responsible writer-producer if I didn't express that concern."

Cerone admitted the residual from the CBS airings will serve as a nice cushion as he marches the picket line -- but that's also causing a bit of an internal dilemma.

"I'm not gonna lie. At this time, while we're busting our asses on the picket line, going into the new year without pay, it's nice to get that perk of a residual for something that I've already written," he said. "But it's also frustrating to see them repurposing our programming and using it against us."

"Dexter" reps the latest cable skein to get a broadcast home because of the ongoing writers strike. NBC previously announced plans to air USA Network's "Monk" and "Psych."

"Dexter" deal comes as sharing of programming has increased between CBS and its Showtime sibling. Showtime is expected to run another round of its latenight uncensored "Big Brother" recap on Showtime Too this spring, much as it did last summer.

The critically acclaimed "Dexter" stars Michael C. Hall as a Miami Police Dept. forensics expert who's also a serial killer, but only of other murderers who haven't been brought to justice. Show was adapted from the Jeff Lindsay-penned novel "Darkly Dreaming Dexter."

'Knight' rides back to success

'Dexter' kills in primetime ratings

By RICK KISSELL

The Peacock's revamped 'Knight Rider' put the net into overdrive as the two-hour pic scored nearly 13 million viewers on Sunday.

NBC rode nostalgia to pay dirt Sunday night as its two-hour "Knight Rider" movie revved up some nifty Nielsens and made its case to return in series form next fall.

The retelling of the Peacock hit from the 1980s featuring a crime-fighting, wise-talking car, was easily the night's top draw among young adults and racked up the best demo score for a movie on television in nearly three years.

Sunday also saw CBS score decent numbers for its initial broadcast of Showtime series "Dexter," with its preem drawing about eight times what it was pulling in on the pay cabler.

Overall, it was a busy Sunday of original programming, although the long holiday meant viewing levels were down; as a result, every firstrun series was below average. Also a factor was TNT's coverage of the NBA All-Star Game, although preliminary numbers won't be issued until today.

As for "Knight Rider," Nielsen prelims show it averaged a strong 5.0 rating/12 share in adults 18-49 and 12.7 million viewers overall from 9 to 11 p.m., building gradually from start to finish. No movie on television -- telepic, theatrical or multipart original -- has fared better in the demo since ABC's "Their Eyes Were Watching God" in March 2005.

"Knight Rider," from Universal Media Studios and Dutch Oven Prods. and starring Justin Bruening, Deanna Russo, Sydney Tamiia Poitier and Bruce Davison, appealed to a broad aud. It won its 9-11 p.m. timeslot in the 18-49, 25-54 and 12-34 demos, and fared best among men 18-49 (5.6/14) and 25-54 (6.4/14).

"Knight" has to be considered a strong candidate to return in some form next season, with NBC announcing its 2008-09 series selections in May.

Of course, recognizable and nostalgic titles often get auds to show up for a premiere, but that doesn't always mean they'll stick around for the series.

NBC opened "Bionic Woman" to big numbers in the fall, but that redux quickly tumbled and is considered a long shot to return. Net fared better with its January preem of "American Gladiators," which opened strong and then held up well enough in subsequent airings to earn a second-season pickup.

In its season finale Sunday, where it served as the lead-in to "Knight Rider," "Gladiators" averaged a 3.0/8 in 18-49 and 7.3 million viewers overall. It outperformed everything else NBC has aired in the 7-9 p.m. timeslot since football ended in December.

As for "Dexter," it bowed on CBS with a third-place finish among the broadcast nets (prelim 2.3/6 in 18-49, 8.1 million), but it gave the net its best perf in the 10 o'clock timeslot since December.

In its first season on Showtime, the serial-killer drama averaged 733,000 viewers. "Dexter" will continue to air Sundays on CBS, and its third season bows on Showtime later this year.

ABC, second to NBC on the night in demos and first in total viewers, was paced by a two-hour "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" (prelim 4.6/11 in 18-49, 13.5 million).

In other ratings news of note, CBS latenight entry "Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson" achieved a milestone during the week of Feb. 4-8, beating original episodes of NBC's "Late Night With Conan O'Brien" in total viewers for the first time (1.85 million to 1.82 million).

The victory comes with an asterisk, though, as CBS coded out its Tuesday episode as a "special" due to Super Tuesday coverage that may have disrupted viewing patterns. As a result, its weekly average includes only four nights (and excluded what's typically its lowest-rated night), while the NBC show counted all five nights.

O'Brien would have won if both shows counted all five nights, but it would have been close, as Ferguson has gained ground of late. O'Brien continues to lead rather comfortably among the 18-49 crowd, while Ferguson is neck and neck with its NBC rival it in adults 25-54.

WB, Paramount dominate Saturns

'300,' 'Harry Potter' lead the way

By DAVID S. COHEN

Warner Bros. and Paramount dominated feature film nominations for the the 34th annual Saturn Awards.

Warners scored 23 noms, most of any studio, and its Frank Miller sword-and-sandal epid "300" led all films with 10 noms. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," also from Warner, had nine noms.

Par had 22 noms, including noms for Daniel Day-Lewis for actor, a pair of noms for "Cloverfield" and another pair for "Tranformers."

In TV, "Lost" led with seven noms, "Dexter" nabbed five and "Heroes" had four.

And the nominees are:

FILM

Science Fiction Film

"Cloverfield" (Paramount)

"Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" (20th Century Fox)

"I Am Legend" (Warner Bros.)

"The Last Mimzy" (New Line Cinema)

"Sunshine" (Fox Searchlight)

"Transformers" (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Fantasy Film

"Enchanted" (Buena Vista)

"The Golden Compass" (New Line Cinema)

"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" (Warner Bros.)

"Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End" (Buena Vista)

"Spider-Man 3" (Sony)

"Stardust" (Paramount)

Horror Film

"30 Days of Night" (Sony)

"1408" (The Weinstein Co.)

"Ghost Rider" (Sony)

"Grindhouse" (The Weinstein Co.)

"The Mist" (The Weinstein Co.)

"Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Action / Adventure / Thriller Film

"3:10 to Yuma" (Lionsgate)

"300" (Warner Bros.)

"The Bourne Ultimatum" (Universal)

"Live Free or Die Hard" (20th Century Fox)

"No Country for Old Men" (Miramax)

"There Will Be Blood" (Paramount Vantage)

"Zodiac" (Paramount)

Actor

Gerard Butler ("300") (Warner Bros.)

John Cusack ("1408") (The Weinstein Co.)

Daniel Day-Lewis ("There Will Be Blood") (Paramount Vantage)

Johnny Depp ("Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Viggo Mortensen ("Eastern Promises") (Focus Features)

Will Smith ("I Am Legend") (Warner Bros.)

Actress

Amy Adams ("Enchanted") (Buena Vista)

Ashley Judd ("Bug") (Lionsgate)

Helena Bonham Carter ("Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Naomi Watts ("Eastern Promises") (Focus Features)

Belen Rueda ("The Orphanage") (Picturehouse)

Carice van Houten ("Black Book") (Sony Pictures Classics)

Best Supporting Actor

Javier Bardem ("No Country for Old Men") (Miramax)

Ben Foster ("3:10 to Yuma") (Lionsgate)

James Franco ("Spider-Man 3") (Sony)

Justin Long ("Live Free or Die Hard") (20th Century Fox)

Alan Rickman ("Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

David Wenham ("300") (Warner Bros.)

Supporting Actress

Lizzy Caplan ("Cloverfield") (Paramount)

Marcia Gay Harden ("The Mist") (The Weinstein Co.)

Lena Headey ("300") (Warner Bros.)

Rose McGowan ("Grindhouse" - "Planet Terror") (The Weinstein Co.)

Michelle Pfeiffer ("Stardust") (Paramount)

Imelda Staunton ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Performance by a Younger Actor

Alex Etel ("The Water Horse") (Sony)

Freddie Highmore ("August Rush") (Warner Bros.)

Josh Hutcherson ("Bridge to Terabithia") (Buena Vista)

Daniel Radcliffe ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Dakota Blue Richards ("The Golden Compass") (New Line Cinema)

Rhiannon Leigh Wryn ("The Last Mimzy") (New Line Cinema)

Direction

Tim Burton ("Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Frank Darabont ("The Mist") (The Weinstein Co.)

Paul Greengrass ("The Bourne Ultimatum") (Universal)

Sam Raimi ("Spider-Man 3") (Sony)

Zack Snyder ("300") (Warner Bros.)

David Yates ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Writing

Roger Avary, Neil Gaiman ("Beowulf") (Paramount)

Brad Bird ("Ratatouille") (Buena Vista)

Joel Coen, Ethan Coen ("No Country for Old Men") (Miramax)

Michael Goldenberg ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Michael Gordon, Zack Snyder, Kurt Johnstad ("300") (Warner Bros.)

John Logan ("Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Music

Tyler Bates ("300") (Warner Bros.)

Jonny Greenwood ("There Will Be Blood") (Paramount Vantage)

Nicholas Hooper ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Mark Mancina ("August Rush") (Warner Bros.)

Alan Menken ("Enchanted") (Buena Vista)

John Powell ("The Bourne Ultimatum") (Universal)

Best Costume

Colleen Atwood ("Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Ruth Myers ("The Golden Compass") (New Line Cinema)

Penny Rose ("Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End") (Buena Vista)

Sammy Sheldon ("Stardust") (Paramount)

Jany Temime ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Michael Wilkinson ("300") (Warner Bros.)

Make-Up

Howard Berger, Greg Nicotero, Jake Garber - ("Grindhouse" - "Planet Terror") (The Weinstein Co.)

Nick Dudman, Amanda Knight - ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Davina Lamont - ("30 Days of Night") (Sony)

Ve Neill, Martin Samuel - ("Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End") (Buena Vista)

Peter Owen, Ivana Primorac - ("Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Shaun Smith, Mark Rappaport - ("300") (Warner Bros.)

Special Effects

Tim Burke, John Richardson, Paul Franklin, Greg Butler - ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") (Warner Bros.)

Scott Farrar, Scott Benza, Russell Earl, John Frazier - ("Transformers") (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

Michael Fink, Bill Westenhofer, Ben Morris, Trevor Wood - ("The Golden Compass") (New Line Cinema)

John Knoll, Hal Hickel, Charles Gibson, John Frazier - ("Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End") (Buena Vista)

Scott Stokdyk, Peter Nofz, Spencer Cook, John R. Frazier - ("Spider-Man 3") (Sony)

Chris Watts, Grant Freckelton, Derek Wentworth, Daniel Leduc - ("300") (Warner Bros.)

International Film

"Black Book" (Sony Pictures Classics)

"Day Watch" (Fox Searchlight)

"Eastern Promises" (Focus Features)

"Goya’s Ghosts" (Samuel Goldwyn Films)

"The Orphanage" (Picturehouse)

"Sleuth" (Sony Pictures Classics)

Animated Film

"Beowulf" (Paramount)

"Meet the Robinsons" (Buena Vista)

"Ratatouille" (Buena Vista)

"Shrek the Third" (DreamWorks SKG / Paramount)

"The Simpsons Movie" (20th Century Fox)

"Surf’s Up" (Sony)

TELEVISION NOMINATIONS

Network Television Series

"Heroes" (NBC)

"Journeyman" (NBC)

"Lost" (ABC)

"Pushing Daisies" (ABC)

"Supernatural" (CW)

"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" (Fox)

Syndicated / Cable Television Series

"Battlestar Galactica" (Sci Fi Channel)

"The Closer" (TNT)

"Dexter" (Showtime)

"Kyle XY" (ABC Family)

"Saving Grace" (TNT)

"Stargate SG-1" (Sci Fi Channel / MGM)

Presentation on Television

"Battlestar Galactica: Razor" (Sci Fi Channel)

"The Company" (TNT)

"Fallen" (ABC Family)

"The Family Guy" - "Blue Harvest" (Fox)

"Masters of Science Fiction" (ABC)

"Shrek the Halls" (ABC)

"Tin Man" (Sci Fi Channel)

International Series

"Doctor Who" (Sci Fi Channel)

"Jekyll" (BBC America)

"Life On Mars" (BBC America)

"Meadowlands" (aka "Cape Wrath") (Showtime)

"Robin Hood" (BBC America)

"Torchwood" (BBC America)

Actor on Television

Matt Dallas ("Kyle XY") (ABC Family)

Matthew Fox ("Lost") (ABC)

Michael C. Hall ("Dexter") (Showtime)

Kevin McKidd ("Journeyman") (NBC)

Edward James Olmos ("Battlestar Galactica") (Sci Fi Channel)

Lee Pace ("Pushing Daisies") (ABC)

Best Actress on Television

Anna Friel ("Pushing Daisies") (ABC)

Lena Headey ("Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles") (Fox)

Jennifer Love Hewitt("Ghost Whisperer") (CBS)

Holly Hunter ("Saving Grace") (TNT)

Evangeline Lily ("Lost") (ABC)

Kyra Sedgwick ("The Closer") (TNT)

Supporting Actor on Television

Michael Emerson ("Lost") (ABC)

Greg Grunberg ("Heroes") (NBC)

Josh Holloway ("Lost") (ABC)

Erik King ("Dexter") (Showtime)

Terry O’Quinn ("Lost") (ABC)

Masi Oka ("Heroes") (NBC)

Supporting Actress on Television

Jaime Alexander ("Kyle XY") (ABC Family)

Jennifer Carpenter ("Dexter") (Showtime)

Summer Glau ("Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles") (Fox)

Elizabeth Mitchell ("Lost") (ABC)

Jaime Murray ("Dexter") (Showtime)

Hayden Panettiere ("Heroes") (NBC)

DVD NOMINATIONS

Best DVD Release

"Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon" (Starz / Anchor Bay)

"The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" (remix) (Image)

"Driftwood" (Image)

"The Man From Earth" (Anchor Bay)

"The Nines" (Sony)

"White Noise 2" (Universal)

Best Special Edition DVD Release

"Big" (Extended Edition) (Fox)

"Blade Runner" (5 Disc Ultimate Collector’s Edition) (Warner)

"Close Encounters of the Third Kind" (30th Anniversary - Blu Ray) (Sony)

"Death Proof" (Grindhouse Presentation: Extended & Unrated) (Genius)

"Pan’s Labyrinth" (Platinum Series) (New Line)

"Troy: Director’s Cut" (Ultimate Collector’s Edition) (Warner)

Classic Film DVD Release

"Alligator" (Lionsgate)

"The Dark Crystal" (Sony)

"Face/Off" (Paramount)

"Flash Gordon" (Universal)

"The Monster Squad" (Lionsgate)

"Witchfinder General" (MGM)

Collection on DVD

"The Godzilla Collection" (Classic Media)

"The Mario Bava Collection" (Vol. 1 & 2) (Anchor Bay)

"The Sergio Leone Anthology" (MGM)

"The Sonny Chiba Collection" (BCI / Eclipse)

"Stanley Kubrick" (Warner Home Video Directors Series) (Warner)

"Vincent Price" (MGM Scream Legends Collection) (MGM)

Best Television Series on DVD

"Eureka" (Season 1) (Universal)

"Heroes" (Season 1) (Universal)

"Hustle" (Complete Seasons 2 and 3) (BBC Warner)

"Lost" (The Complete Third Season) (Buena Vista)

"MI:5" (Volumes 4 & 5) (BBC Warner)

"Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series" (BBC Warner)

Retro Television Series on DVD

"The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones" (Volume 1: The Early Years) (Paramount)

"Count Dracula" (BBC Mini-series 1977) (BBC Warner)

"Land of the Giants" (The Full Series) (Fox)

"Mission Impossible" (The Second and Third Seasons) (Paramount)

"Twin Peaks" (The Definitive Gold Box Edition) (Paramount)

"The Wild Wild West" (The Second and Third Seasons) (Paramount)

SPECIAL AWARD RECIPIENTS

THE GEORGE PAL MEMORIAL AWARD:

Guillermo del Toro

THE SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD:

Tim Lucas

PTC calls for 'Dexter' ad boycott

By John Consoli, AdWeek

Feb 22, 2008

NEW YORK -- The Parents Television Council has called for advertisers to boycott CBS' Dexter because of its violent nature and asked CBS network affiliates to pre-empt the show.

The main character works for the police as a blood-spatter expert who has channeled his desire to kill by secretly targeting only criminals. The show was originally produced for Showtime, which is owned by CBS Corp. However, Showtime is a pay-cable network. CBS has edited the show for free broadcast to take out the most violent parts.

The PTC does not feel CBS has edited the show enough.

"Despite countless public calls for restraint and corporate responsibility, CBS broke its own promise to the public that it would employ careful editing and accurate ratings guidelines for Dexter," said PTC president Tim Winter. "Depictions of violence were barely altered from the Showtime network original format."

Winter also derided CBS for not labeling the show for mature audiences only.

"If, as CBS repeatedly promised, the program were targeted only to mature audiences, why wouldn't they assign a mature audience rating of TV-MA?" Winter said. "What could possibly lead them to determine that a show about a pathological serial killer hero could be appropriate for 14-year-old children?"

Winter called on CBS affiliates to pre-empt the show. "We urge the affiliates to exercise their power to do so," he said.

Among the advertisers who ran ads in the first episode to air on CBS were Capital One, Macy's, Pfizer and Burger King, along with assorted movie studios.

CBS had no comment or response to the PTC's most recent complaints about the show, but issued this statement earlier in response to previous PTC concerns:

"Dexter is an award-winning, critically acclaimed series for Showtime that will be edited for CBS in the same fashion that feature films, for many years, have been presented on broadcast television. The telecast of Dexter will comply with all network television standards, be edited with respect for artistic integrity, and scheduled responsibly in the last hour of primetime. As always, with broadcasts containing mature content, television audiences will be well informed with an appropriate V-chip rating and parental advisories in advance and during the broadcast."

Just discovered this show and I'm so totally hooked. I also recently got hooked on Six Feet Under. MCH is amazing, it's really odd to watch both show at the same time, because he's so completely different in both. I love David as much as I love Dex.

Just discovered this show and I'm so totally hooked. I also recently got hooked on Six Feet Under. MCH is amazing, it's really odd to watch both show at the same time, because he's so completely different in both. I love David as much as I love Dex.

ITA on all accounts. I got hooked on Six Feet Under last year. When I first read about the subject matter, my reaction was "whaattt?" and "Why?" but now I look at the business of mortuaries so differently, including those who work there. Then I had the same reaction to hearing about the storyline of Dexter but tried it anyway because of the main actor and yep, I got hooked.

Watching the dvd's of shows like these is great in the summer when all there is on tv is crap. :)

PTC calls for 'Dexter' ad boycott

By John Consoli, AdWeek

Feb 22, 2008

NEW YORK -- The Parents Television Council has called for advertisers to boycott CBS' Dexter because of its violent nature and asked CBS network affiliates to pre-empt the show.

The main character works for the police as a blood-spatter expert who has channeled his desire to kill by secretly targeting only criminals. The show was originally produced for Showtime, which is owned by CBS Corp. However, Showtime is a pay-cable network. CBS has edited the show for free broadcast to take out the most violent parts.

The PTC does not feel CBS has edited the show enough.

"Despite countless public calls for restraint and corporate responsibility, CBS broke its own promise to the public that it would employ careful editing and accurate ratings guidelines for Dexter," said PTC president Tim Winter. "Depictions of violence were barely altered from the Showtime network original format."

Winter also derided CBS for not labeling the show for mature audiences only.

"If, as CBS repeatedly promised, the program were targeted only to mature audiences, why wouldn't they assign a mature audience rating of TV-MA?" Winter said. "What could possibly lead them to determine that a show about a pathological serial killer hero could be appropriate for 14-year-old children?"

Winter called on CBS affiliates to pre-empt the show. "We urge the affiliates to exercise their power to do so," he said.

Among the advertisers who ran ads in the first episode to air on CBS were Capital One, Macy's, Pfizer and Burger King, along with assorted movie studios.

CBS had no comment or response to the PTC's most recent complaints about the show, but issued this statement earlier in response to previous PTC concerns:

"Dexter is an award-winning, critically acclaimed series for Showtime that will be edited for CBS in the same fashion that feature films, for many years, have been presented on broadcast television. The telecast of Dexter will comply with all network television standards, be edited with respect for artistic integrity, and scheduled responsibly in the last hour of primetime. As always, with broadcasts containing mature content, television audiences will be well informed with an appropriate V-chip rating and parental advisories in advance and during the broadcast."

<_< Blah, blah,.......blah blah blah.

C'mon now, did anyone *really* think there wouldn't be fallout showing this on broadcast television? I was quite surprised when I heard CBS was planning to do it because this type of venue would never ever be okay with this content. You couldn't possibly edit the content enough to satisfy people who have nothing better to do than bitch about what shows are on tv. And no, I'm not one of those who will fall for the "but the children shouldn't see this" crap. Parents, it's YOUR JOB to monitor and supervise what your children are doing. If you are raising your children with values to live by, then what they will get from this is that there is a part of society who have no morals and no scruples. That's reality folks and shielding your children until they are old enough to do whatever they want in spite of your viewpoint is part of the reason why children can't cope with the reality of life these days. You aren't doing them any favors. I'm a firm believer that you can always change the channel if you don't like it, but to withhold programming just because a certain group or groups don't like it, is Censorship with a capital "C" in one of it's worse forms. People seem to forget that one of the greatest things any person has is the ability to make a choice. Just because others object, it's no reason to withhold the program from others who can grasp that it's just a tv show for pete's sake.

Jeesh, get over it already!!!!!!! I've been seeing this same boycott crap for years and years over one thing or another. Find something constructive to do with your time instead of trying to tell others what they should or shouldn't do!!!

Okay, I'm done now.......... :lol:

ps I can not wait until season 3 starts in September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<_< Blah, blah,.......blah blah blah.

Parents, it's YOUR JOB to monitor and supervise what your children are doing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Renewal News: Dexter to Kill Again... and Again

Oct 21, 2008

Showtime has opted to kill two morally bankrupt murderers birds with one stone, picking up Dexter for two more seasons, it was announced on Tuesday.

Seasons 4 and 5 will consist of 12 episodes each, with production to commence this spring in Los Angeles.

"Dexter's enormous success is a tribute to the great achievements of its cast, the producing team, the author of the original book [Jeff Lindsay], and the gifted Michael C. Hall," says Showtime president of entertainment Robert Greenblatt. "I thought at best we would attract adevoted cult audience but soon realized that, ironically, this show is so thematically rich and layered with humanity that audiences of all kinds have flocked to it."

Hall is a two-time Emmy and Golden Globe nominee for his portrayal of Dex, while the series itself was nominated this year for five Emmys, including Outstanding Drama Series.

Awesome...I am enjoying this season. But dislike Jimmy Smits character. :ph34r:

'Dexter' author Lindsay makes cameo appearance

LOS ANGELES - "Dexter" author Jeff Lindsay says the cameo he filmed for the Showtime series based on his work is intended to make a point: He loves the show.

Why does he think there's skepticism?

"It's Hollywood. Everybody knows Hollywood gets hold of wonderful ideas" and ruins them, Lindsay said.

But the producers of Showtime's "Dexter," which stars Michael C. Hall, "really know what they're doing," Lindsay said.

Lindsay plays the role of a vice detective guarding a hospital room, and makes his appearance Sunday just shy of halfway through the episode.

The character of Dexter Morgan, a blood-spatter expert and killer who takes justice into his own hands, was introduced in Lindsay's book "Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Another fantastic season for Dexter again! Jimmy Smits is absolutely wonderful as he usually is. He doesn't have a code!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

'Dexter' brother and sister are husband and wife

NEW YORK – They play brother and sister on "Dexter." Now in real life, Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are husband and wife. Hall's spokesman, Craig Bankey, said on Friday that the couple eloped in California on New Year's Eve. They'll walk the red carpet together at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday — the first time publicly acknowledging their relationship.

Hall, 37, and Carpenter, 29, just finished the third season of "Dexter," the Showtime series in which Hall plays the murderous title character. They've been quietly dating for about a year and a half.

At their wedding, Carpenter's grandfather's wedding band was attached to her bouquet of white roses.

Don't read if you didn't see the 10/18 episode yet!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler alert!!!!

I'm sooo sad about Lundy !!! :( I really liked that character and hoped he might become a semi-regular.

Edited by Hihomumio

Well, I didn't wish death on her but a separation would have worked really well---she was making me crazy this season! Whining, needy, oblivious, seemingly incapable of dealing with anything on her own, even taking care of a new baby after already having 2!! I'm looking forward to what the next season holds-her death opens up so many new story lines the writers could pursue!