princess

Courteney Cox & David Arquette

Courteney Cox intends to use out of control pop tart, Britney Spears as inspiration for her FX television drama DIRT. Cox, who is executive producer of the series, “plans to use Spears’ antics - including her divorce and custody battle with ex Kevin Federline and her bizarre head-shaving incident earlier this year - as inspiration for the show’s second series.” However, the former FRIENDS stars insists that Spears should not take it personally, claiming that the storylines are not an attack on the performer, and not meant to offend her or anyone else.

Well, it is not as though Courteney needs to worry about being sued by Brit-Brit. The 26-year-old mother of two is apparently so erratic these days that she can’t even keep a lawyer.

Source

OHNOTHEYDIDN'T

I thought the show was off the air.

Abrupt finale for 'Dirt,' 'Riches'

By Nellie Andreeva

Feb 7, 2008

There will be less "Dirt" and "Riches" on FX's schedule this year.

In a sign of what's in store for the series -- whose production was impacted by the writers strike -- FX has opted not to produce more episodes of the two series' second seasons.

"Dirt," from ABC Studios, and "The Riches," from Fox TV Studios, ceased production in December after completing seven episodes as they ran out of scripts.

With an end to the writers strike in sight, one of the biggest dilemmas networks are facing is whether to resume production on all of their series that had been idled by the work stoppage and how many additional episodes to order of the shows they opt to bring back this season.

It is understood that FX's decision to cut back the episode order on "Dirt" and "Riches" stems from economic reasons and does not affect the two series' chances for a third-season renewal. The cable network already has launched a marketing campaign for the March 2 premiere of "Dirt," starring Courteney Cox. The launch date for "Riches," starring Eddie Izzard, will be announced next week.

Still, abruptly cutting story lines midway through the season will have to be frustrating for the fans as well as for the series' creators who had a lot riding on Season 2.

Neither "Dirt" or "Riches" was a breakout hit in their debuts a year ago. The network brass did a lot of crunching of cume ratings numbers before renewing both series in May.

Courteney Cox is Slinking and Shrinking

Posted Image

Courteney Cox is slinking into her second season of the FX show, "Dirt," which premieres March 2nd, as Lucy Spiller, the cutthroat executive editor of two tabloid magazines. The stress of starring in and producing the series, while also juggling her role of wife and mother has taken a toll on the already petite actress, who appears to be dwindling away. Plus, the writers' strike halted production of Courteney's show and now the second season is airing with only the episodes filmed from when the scripts originally ran out.

From all that stress, Cox has reportedly dropped two dress sizes, from a size 6 to a 2. That is insane, but again incomprehensible for me. Single-digit sizes are something I'm not able to fully understand.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

From all that stress, Cox has reportedly dropped two dress sizes, from a size 6 to a 2. That is insane, but again incomprehensible for me. Single-digit sizes are something I'm not able to fully understand.

There is no way she was a size 6 to begin with.

Courteney's Awkward "Threesome"

It's every successful man's nightmare.

While filming an episode of Dirt, David Arquette had to direct his wife, Courteney Cox (who stars in the series), in a scene where she made out with another man — and David could hardly stomach it.

On The Late Show With David Letterman last night, the 43-year-old actress described shooting the scene in season two, where she locks lips with actor Danny Comden:

"David said, 'OK, you can open the fortune cookie, then go in for the kiss. OK, great. Now. Action.'

"So I lean over to kiss Danny, and [David says], 'Cut.'

Courteney then mimicks David's awkward apology: "Sorry, man. Let's do it again. And action." But he clams up again. Courteney opens the fortune cookie, leans in for the kiss and David yells, "Cut."

"David, my character actually makes out with people," Courteney tells the talk-show host of her spat with her nervous hubby. "That's just what my character does. She's very racy."

So after a third "Action," Courteney says she "went in for the kiss... OK... I'm now going in for the kiss... now we're kissing... It's awkward... too long... uncomfortable. He's uncomfortable and I'm uncomfortable... too much kissing. And I hear in this high voice, 'Cut.'

"David had [already] left [the set]" — leaving a female assistant to end the scene!

Courteney Cox Spills the Dirt on Her "Little Performer"

Will the Arquette acting legacy continue?

Little Coco Arquette, daughter of Courteney Cox and David Arquette, is quite the ham, her mom tells Entertainment Tonight. The 3-year-old is a frequent visitor on the set of Courteney's show Dirt, where she is completely in her element.

"Coco's very comfortable on the set, very comfortable around all the people," Courteney says. "She's an actor, for sure, a little performer."

But would she let her little girl follow in her parents' footsteps?

"No. Oh, I hope not!" she exclaims.

Season two of Dirt, in which Courteney plays a tough-as-nails tabloid editor, premieres Sunday on FX. And while she hasn't changed the way she feels about the paparazzi since the show began, the 43-year-old star admits the paps have loosened up on her after seeing her devilish Lucy Spiller on screen.

"I think the paparazzi's been nicer to me," she says. "I think they like the show, so there's a little more camaraderie."

Courteney Cox Spills the Dirt on Her "Little Performer"

Will the Arquette acting legacy continue?

Little Coco Arquette, daughter of Courteney Cox and David Arquette, is quite the ham, her mom tells Entertainment Tonight. The 3-year-old is a frequent visitor on the set of Courteney's show Dirt, where she is completely in her element.

"Coco's very comfortable on the set, very comfortable around all the people," Courteney says. "She's an actor, for sure, a little performer."

But would she let her little girl follow in her parents' footsteps?

"No. Oh, I hope not!" she exclaims.

Season two of Dirt, in which Courteney plays a tough-as-nails tabloid editor, premieres Sunday on FX. And while she hasn't changed the way she feels about the paparazzi since the show began, the 43-year-old star admits the paps have loosened up on her after seeing her devilish Lucy Spiller on screen.

"I think the paparazzi's been nicer to me," she says. "I think they like the show, so there's a little more camaraderie."

Coco is only 3. She seems like she has been around longer than that.

Courteney Cox Teases Paris and Nicole While Flicking Flowing Locks of Hair

Posted Image

Maybe this is just an awkward angle, but Courteney is looking like she might be standing at the beginning of the road that ends with her staring in the mirror at Cher. But whatever, there are worse things that can happen to a woman. Girl, you go on and turn back TAI-YUM!

Courteney's been hinting that her FX show's second season will feature characters that have been inspired by real pop culture celebutards fixtures like Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton and company. "Dirt" will have a character in it whose first name is Paris and gets arrested for going down the wrong way on the freeway. Sound familiar? According to Courteney, "We're just poking fun and hopefully no one will get their feelings hurt."

Nicole Richie strikes me as someone with a decent sense of humor about herself, so I doubt her feelings will be too bruised. And as for Paris, that knucklehead will probably think the character is really a dig at French drivers. She's not exactly known for her powerful skills of deduction. Oh wait, I just implied that she knows Paris is a city in France. That's pretty presumptuous of me--I apologize.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Courteney Cox Dishes the Dirt

Courteney Cox poses next to a poster-size picture of herself at the season 2 premiere of her show Dirt at the Arclight in Hollywood on Thursday. Husband David Arquette joined his leading lady on the red carpet.

And has the show, n which Courteney plays a tabloid editor, changed the way photographers act around her?

“I think the paparazzi’s been nicer to me,” Courtney, 43, told Entertainment Tonight. “I think they like the show, so there’s a little more camaraderie.”

Cox also dished the dirt on her 3-year-old daughter Coco Arquette: “Coco’s very comfortable on the set, very comfortable around all the people. She’s an actor, for sure, a little performer.”

The season two premiere of Dirt premieres this Sunday, March 2 @ 10PM ET/PT on FX.

Posted Image

Courtney Cox Gets 'Dirt'y Again

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, a series renewal is making someone smug! Here's Courtney Cox at the premiere for the second season of her show "Dirt" on FX. Court not only stars in the show, she's the executive producer. She stars as Lucy Spiller, editor of a gossip rag. This season the show will continue to feature stories ripped right from the tabloids, thinly disguising the sordid lives of Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, and Alec Baldwin. I saw one episode last season and I wasn't impressed but first seasons can be rough. Courtney says that she sorta/kinda sees the point of view of the tabs now: "It doesn't mean that I agree with it all. I definitely don't agree with the obsession on certain celebrities. I understand the fascination. But when it gets obsessive, I think it gets dangerous. So I haven't changed my view, but definitely I've learned all sides of it, for sure." And in even happier news, rejoice, I will be recapping this season starting next week! Now will someone e-mail me and fill my ass in. All I know is that she's a bitch and runs a magazine. Is anything else important?

Photos from the 'Dirt' premiere featuring Courteney Cox, David Arquette, Jeffry Nordling, Ryan Eggold, Rick Fox, Julian Acosta, Helen Hunt, and Sharon Lawrence:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

MAKING HEADLINES

Here's the scoop: Courteney Cox Arquette, in a Balenciaga top, gets a little love and support from husband David Arquette at the Dirt season 2 premiere Thursday at Hollywood's Arclight Theater.

Posted Image

Ya Gotta Have 'Friends'

Though her tabloid editrix character Lucy Spiller has an armful of enemies, Courteney Cox had a ton of pals turn out last night to the season two premiere of Dirt at Arclight Cinemas in Hollywood.

PageSix.com was on the red carpet chatting with Rick Fox about 50 Cent and Mary J. Blige's steroid drama, surprising one of Jessica Simpson's co-stars and making nice with executive producer/Courteney's hubby David Arquette.

At the after-party at Eva Longoria Parker's restaurant Beso, Matthew Perry arrived solo to celebrate his former castmate, and Helen Hunt breezed in to show some love. Where was former Dirt guest star Jennifer Aniston? Shooting in Canada with Aaron Eckhart. More sad news: David says Jen won't be coming back to the tabloid TV show any time soon, as she's working on four films back to back.

Ya Gotta Have 'Friends'

Though her tabloid editrix character Lucy Spiller has an armful of enemies, Courteney Cox had a ton of pals turn out last night to the season two premiere of Dirt at Arclight Cinemas in Hollywood.

PageSix.com was on the red carpet chatting with Rick Fox about 50 Cent and Mary J. Blige's steroid drama, surprising one of Jessica Simpson's co-stars and making nice with executive producer/Courteney's hubby David Arquette.

At the after-party at Eva Longoria Parker's restaurant Beso, Matthew Perry arrived solo to celebrate his former castmate, and Helen Hunt breezed in to show some love. Where was former Dirt guest star Jennifer Aniston? Shooting in Canada with Aaron Eckhart. More sad news: David says Jen won't be coming back to the tabloid TV show any time soon, as she's working on four films back to back.

I am looking forward to the new shows, I liked it.

Little Coco Arquette swears like a trucker

Courteney Cox and David Arquette’s daughter, Coco, is three and a half and supposedly loves shocking her family by saying naughty words. Star Magazine reports that the tot enjoys riling up her family by saying forbidden swear words. They claim that Courtney says that she can’t get her to stop and is hoping she’ll grow out of it:

“Coco’s somehow learned to cuss like a sailor,” a source told Star. Courteney told the source that scolding Coco hasn’t helped. “Coco thinks it’s funny and goes right on swearing. Courteney’s just hoping she’ll outgrow it. She doesn’t want her saying these things to teachers or other kids!”

[From Star Magazine, print edition, March 10, 2008]

It’s Star so who knows if this is true, but she wouldn’t be the first three year-old to swear in order to get a rise out of her parents. They don’t know what the words mean and just like to get a reaction. My son loves singing “I like big butts and I cannot lie.” He doesn’t know the words beyond the first sentence, but he heard the famous ode to large butts in the movie Shark Tale and will just belt out the song during dull moments. We laugh our asses off, so that could explain why he does it.

Here are videos of little kids swearing, not always intentionally.

Little girl says she’s going to kick a monster’s ass:

Little boy mispronounces “truck”:

This one is pretty bad, the girl yells “mother f’er” repeatedly. I couldn’t help but laugh, but I did feel slightly guilty about it. The mother explains in the comments that the girl heard her say it when she dropped a can on her foot and that her kid does not say this all the time:

Oh please, save your sanctimoneous [sic] drivel for someone whose child actually repeats naughty words in front of people that matter. Although it’s NOYB, she hasn’t repeated it since.

Now, where are all your chastisments for the myriad other mummies and daddies who have videos similar to mine? Thanks, have a nice day!

[Comment from user AmeriBrit68 on YouTube, who submitted the video below]

http://www.celebitchy.com/

Courteney Cox's Coco Cusses Constantly

Posted Image

The ever-so-genteel-looking Courteney Cox in her stylish scarf and sunglasses seems unlikely to have given birth to a three-year-old who likes to "cuss like a sailor." But it's true, says a source that dished to Star magazine. According to the insider, "Coco thinks it's funny and goes right on swearing. Courteney's just hoping she'll outgrow it."

Or, maybe she can write for this blog, finishing off half-baked thoughts with an inane interjection of profanity, DAMMIT.

By the way, I'm loving the purple.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The Cox-Arquettes Are Bursting Bubbles

The Cox-Arquettes made the most of sunny LA by taking Coco to a friend's birthday party at a park on Saturday. She and Courteney dressed alike in their light blue zip-ups while playing with bubbles and enjoying some juicy watermelon. Seems like summer is just around the corner. While hard-core Lucy Spiller may get our attention on Sunday nights, the role of Courteney as a mom is more endearing.

Posted Image

Courteney Cox & friends raise funds

Courteney Cox and David Arquette have a challenge for their famous friends: help raise $1 million in two weeks for Epidermolysis Bullosa, a rare skin condition that primarily affects children.

Joining Cox and Arquette in the awareness- and money-raising effort are Jennifer Aniston, Orlando Bloom, Kate Beckinsale, Rashida Jones, James Marsden and Eva Longoria Parker. All will lend their famous faces and financial support to the Epidermolysis Bullosa Medical Research Foundation, where Cox, Arquette and Aniston serve on the honorary advisory board. (Brad Pitt, Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are also members.)

"EB is very personal to me so I'm happy to be a part of this $1 million challenge," Cox said in a statement to The Associated Press. "Now is such an important time to put the spotlight on EB and ensure that research can continue at a fast pace."

Epidermolysis Bullosa is a debilitating genetic disorder that causes the skin to blister and break at the slightest touch. Victims are often covered in burn-like sores that never heal and most don't live beyond age 30.

___

On the Net:

http://ebkids.org/

Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press

Courteney Cox to Adopt?

E!

David Arquette reportedly says that he and Courteney Cox are considering adopting a sibling for 3-year-old daughter Coco.

“We would adopt in a second," he is quoted as saying. "I know people who have adopted. I see no difference.”

You know people who adopted? Yeah, so do we. They’re called the Jolie-Pitts. We hate to throw a wet towel on your plans there, David, but if you start bringing in babies from Ethiopia, Jen’s totally not going to babysit.

Arquette Scolded For Watching Sex Show In Hospital

Actor/director David Arquette had some explaining to do when a patient in a Cleveland, Ohio hospital spotted him watching what she thought was a cheap sex video on his computer.

The Scream star was actually editing a scene in his wife Courteney Cox's TV drama Dirt in an episode he directed.

He was forced to take his work with him when Cox's mother was taken into the hospital for open-heart surgery.

And Cox explains, "We were in the hospitality suite... and David's watching the computer (of) his cut and giving notes from Cleveland.

"There was this part he was watching, where there was like a home sex video.

"He was really into it... and this woman walks by, (looks) over his shoulder and says, `What are you doing?' (She thought) he was just sitting in the hospitality suite enjoying some sex show".

Source: femalefirst

Courteney Cox Laughs Off 'Menopause' Report

Actress Courteney Cox has laughed off a report claiming she is no longer able to conceive, insisting the rumor she is going through the menopause is "a lie".

The former Friends star, 43, gave birth to daughter Coco in 2004, after years of trying to get pregnant with husband David Arquette.

However she insists a recent magazine article alleging she has become infertile is false - and she refuses to let the rumors bother her.

She says, "I just saw a magazine photo of me coming out of my doctor's office and it says I'm going through the menopause, so I'm really upset because I can't have another child. It's a lie. But it's not worth getting upset about. If I'm looking OK in the photo, I don't really care."

Source: starpulse