Sign in to follow this  
Cutielb99

Cameron Diaz

Cameron Diaz plans to take a year off

Plans to do charity work and spend time getting to know herself

Access Hollywood

Cameron Diaz plans to take a break after filming the due-in-2009 legal drama “My Sister’s Keeper,” according to a new interview.

“I envision a full year off, just living life and having fun. It’s the best thing,” Diaz said in an interview in W magazine’s May issue.

In the interview, conducted before her father’s death last week, the actress revealed she has currently been going through a number of changes.

When asked about her romantic life, she avoided the question, instead focusing on what she has in store for the immediate future.

“I’m in love with love. I’m in love with life,” she told W. “This year I just sort of decided, you know, there’s a lot of things that I’ve been wanting to do and I’m going to do them.”

Among the goals Diaz has in store? Helping out a charity, although she declined to reveal which one.

“I’m not ready to talk about that yet because they’re not totally up and running and I don’t want to mess them up by talking about them too soon,” she said.

The star of “What Happens In Vegas” said she is also using her free time to embark on a voyage of self-discovery. (THAT SHOULD BE A SHORT TRIP...BA-DUMP-BUMP :D )

“(I’m) just kind of taking more time getting to know myself. It sounds so corny that I can’t believe I even just said that, but, you know, there comes a time when you really have to get to know who you are,” she said. “I’ve just been figuring out what interests me and spending time with people who are important to me and being present in my own life.”

Copyright 2008 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I wonder what type and how much plastic surgery she's planning to have during her "self-discovery" break? :D

:D :D

Definitely another nose job - that honker isn't finished yet. The legs still look good but maybe she wants a Demi-esque overhaul of the bod. She's pushing 40.

At her age and with her track record lately, she may find that she has no work after her "break". Actually, she may be taking the break because she isn't getting the roles she thinks she's entitled to anyway.

Cameron Diaz Hospitalized After Her Father’s Death

Cameron Diaz is seeking “medical attention” after the sudden death of her beloved father, according to her What Happens In Vegas co-star Ashton Kutcher. The actor is currently in London to promote the movie without Diaz after her father Emilio, died last week, aged 58.

The 30-year-old expressed his concerns for Diaz at the movie’s premiere in the British capital on Monday night. He told a WENN photographer, “Sadly she will not be joining us for the premiere as she has just lost her father and is under medical attention with stress at the moment. But she will be better soon.”

Kutcher went on to thank the paparazzi for their concern for the heartbroken star, adding: “I will be telling her of your get well soon wishes and condolences following her father’s passing on.”

On Saturday, Diaz was joined by ex lovers Justin Timberlake and John Mayer at a memorial service in California.

Source: icydk.com

Cameron Diaz To Take A Year Off Work

Cameron Diaz has revealed that she plans to take a year off from movies.

Speaking before the sudden death of her father last week, the actress said she wanted to devote more time "getting to know" herself.

She told W: "I envision a full year off, just living life and having fun. It's the best thing. This year I just sort of decided, you know, there’s a lot of things that I’ve been wanting to do and I’m going to do them.”

The 35-year-old said she would take time out after filming current movie My Sister’s Keeper, which is released next year.

She explained: "I'm just kind of taking more time getting to know myself. It sounds so corny that I can't believe I even just said that, but, you know, there comes a time when you really have to get to know who you are.

"I've just been figuring out what interests me and spending time with people who are important to me and being present in my own life."

Source: digitalspy.co.uk

People

Cameron Diaz's Family Pays Tribute to Her Father

Posted Image

Cameron Diaz's family remembered her father Emilio for his humor and honesty, and said they're coping with his April 15 death with the help of "an amazing outpouring of love."

"His love for laughter was undeniable and he embraced life head-on in such a dynamic way that he was impossible to forget," the family said in an exclusive statement to PEOPLE.

Emilio Diaz, 58, died from post-influenza MRSA pneumonia, an aggressive staph infection that can occur in all ages and in otherwise healthy people, the family said.

The Cuban-American Emilio, who is survived by wife Billie and their daughters Cameron, 35, and Chimene, 37, was a "playful abuelo" – Spanish for grandpa – who was "incredibly loyal and dependable" and always ready to "standup up for those who were less fortunate."

"As a family, it is almost impossible to put into words how amazing Emilio was," they said. "The one thing that was a certainty with Emilio was that you always knew where you stood with him. He was so honest and always spoke his mind."

He also "loved to share his love through laughter," the family said.

"The thing that was most important to him was his family," they said. "And he often said that his greatest accomplishment was raising two people that were better human beings than he was. He was devoted to each family member equally and was proud of the accomplishments they all made."

The Diaz family, they said, is dealing with their loss "through support and love from family and friends and the amazing o

Cameron Diaz Not Hospitalized

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Cameron Diaz has not been hospitalized.

Earlier today, reports surfaced claiming that Cameron's "What Happens In Vegas" co-star, Ashton Kutcher, had told reporters she was receiving "medical attention," due to the loss of her father.

"These reports are absolutely untrue," a rep for the star told Access Hollywood. "She hast taken time off to be with her family and plans to return to work next week."

Cameron suffered the loss of her father, Emilio, a week ago when he succumbed to pneumonia. A service in honor of her dad was held over the weekend. Cameron's former flames Justin Timberlake and John Mayer both attended to show their support.

The actress will be at the Los Angeles premiere of "What Happens In Vegas" next Thursday.

Cameron Diaz: Humor Eases the Sadness

As Cameron Diaz continues to observe the mourning period following the April 15 death of her father Emilio, Ashton Kutcher and others associated with her new movie, What Happens in Vegas, met with the press in Los Angeles on Saturday – and delivered a written message from Diaz herself.

In her own hand on her personalized stationery, Diaz wrote in copies that were provided to journalists: "First of all I want to thank all of you for your support over the years."

She also said, "I was really looking forward to thus weekend getting to talk to my friends about a film I am so proud of," but, citing "the loss of my Father, I have chosen to be with my family this weekend."

Praising the comedy (it opens May 9) in which she and Kutcher play combative newlyweds battling over a $3 million slot-machine payoff, Diaz said, "It was important to me to convey to all of you how much I love this film. We really did have the best time ... most fun and laughs making it."

Family Screening

On a private note, she wrote, "This weekend I am screening What Happens In Vegas for my family. It was a unanimous decision that we all needed to share a good laugh. After all that's why we make films like these. So people can leave behind their worries for a couple of hours. Have a good laugh."

In closing, she said, "I picture all of your smiles and it makes me happy. Thank you for your continued support. It is much appreciated." Under a hand-drawn heart, she signed off with, "Cameron."

Kutcher, who represented Diaz and the movie at last week's London premiere, told PEOPLE on Saturday that he has personally expressed his condolences. "Not to her family," he said, "but I've talked to Cameron."

Emilio Diaz, 58, succumbed to post-influenza MRSA pneumonia, an aggressive staph infection that can occur in all ages and in otherwise healthy people, his family said Wednesday in an exclusive statement to PEOPLE.

"His love for laughter was undeniable and he embraced life head-on in such a dynamic way that he was impossible to forget," they added.

Source :People

Matt Dillon Wants Cameron Diaz Back!

Matt Dillon has told friends and family that he regrets breaking up with his There’s Something About Mary co-star Cameron Diaz. Matt, 44, told pals that he believes the blonde beauty is his soul mate and the one person he wants to spend the rest of his life with. However, he isn’t sure what next step to take.

His brother, Entourage star Kevin Dillon, 42, told him the best thing to do is just reach out and see what happens- and so that’s what he did. “Matt reached out to Cameron to try and set up a time for them to really catch up,” a pal of Matt says. “They have a real connection that he has never found with another girl.”

The two were spotted on March 15 at the Chateau Marmont, but according to a pal, “Since then, they haven’t kept in touch as much as Matt would have liked.”

Cameron, 35, is healing after the death of her father, Emilio Diaz. She spent the weekend with those closest to her for a screening of her new film What Happens in Vegas…, telling friends that she “wanted to really think about settling down.”

Source: ok-magazine.com

Posted Image

Cameron Diaz: 'Sex Is the Best!'

By Michael Y. Park

people.com

Nearly 18 months after her break-up with Justin Timberlake after they were together four years, Cameron Diaz is loving her view of the dating scene.

"Men are the best!" the What Happens in Vegas star, 35, tells InStyle for its June issue. "Sex is the best!"

And when it comes to seducing her men, Diaz says she prefers an outfit that accentuates her natural resources: a pair of heels and nothing else.

"You don't walk around naked?" she asks innocently.

Despite the April death of her father Emilio (the interview apparently took place before the sad event), Diaz – who once professed to thinking she'd be married and a mom by the time she was 22 – terms this a "good year," adding, "Yeah, I'm happy."

As for the prospective Mr. Right, "You don't want the men who want the 25-year-olds," she says with a laugh. "People think if you're single, you are incomplete. No. The thing is, I don't want to be in a relationship that makes me incomplete."

She's going for the Oscar nod. New film is about a victim of cancer and I think she reckons this will get her on the same track as Charlize Theron.

However, Rounded Coneheads is a pretty spot-on description. Natalie Portman pulled the look off, but Cameron has not...at all.

Cameron Diaz and Diddy a touchy topic

NY DAILY NEWS

Careful opening that door! Cameron Diaz and Diddy could be behind it.

The actress and the hip-hop/fashion mogul certainly have become cozy - and fond of playing hide and seek.

Back in March, they had dinner in L.A., and, for some reason, felt it necessary to leave separately through the restaurant's kitchen. Last month, they were looking very affectionate in SoHo's Sub-Mercer lounge. According to witnesses, the pair disappeared into a private room for about 20 minutes while a guard stood outside the door.

Diaz had a big hug for Mr. Combs at the Beverly Hills party he threw last month to celebrate his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. More telling was their intimacy at Prince's house last Friday.

Sly Stallone, John Legend, Eddie Murphy, Babyface and other guests were riveted by the 2 1/2-hour backyard concert the funkster gave to launch his book, "21 Days." But Diaz and Diddy seemed only to have eyes for each other.

During the show, they laughed and held hands. At one point, while Diddy sipped a Grey Goose, Cameron told him he "must" try her bread pudding, which she proceeded to spoon-feed him. After some whispering, Diddy nodded toward Prince's mansion.

Once inside, he led Diaz by the hand through its labyrinthine corridors to Prince's basement. That's where we came upon the entranced twosome standing in the theater's doorway. Diddy was bringing his lips toward hers when he realized someone was approaching. Smiling, they closed the theater's door and locked it. We heard them giggling inside.

Diddy said he and Diaz did not go into a private room at the Sub-Mercer, adding, "It is ridiculous that two celebrities of the opposite sex can't just hang out with a group of friends without it being reported as more than that. We are just friends.”

Diaz's rep had no immediate comment, but the actress recently told InStyle that she loved dating again after her breakup with Justin Timberlake, "Men are the best!" she proclaimed. "Sex is the best!" Diddy - whose mantra is "Preserve the sexy!" - couldn't argue with that.

From MSN's Hot Gossip

In related news, it seems Aniston's ex also got in some al fresco wooing at the Chateau Marmont. OK! spied British model Paul Sculfor giving his full attention to Cameron Diaz at the hotel on June 8. "Cam and Paul were sitting on the patio, leaning in toward each other," a snitch tells the mag. "Her body language looked like she was really comfortable with him." The eyewitness then gets cocky with some serious conclusion-leaping, claiming the leggy, Diddy-entrancing actress "looked genuinely like a girl falling in love."

Cameron Diaz Nose Job

Cameron Diaz admitted to having a nose job in late 2006, "for medical purposes", but in recent photos it looks like she's had more work! Did Cameron get her nose tweaked?...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cameron Diaz Nose Job

Cameron Diaz admitted to having a nose job in late 2006, "for medical purposes", but in recent photos it looks like she's had more work! Did Cameron get her nose tweaked?...

Posted Image

Posted Image

How about the cheeks? Definitely had something done there.

Will Smith, Cameron Diaz Named Top Hollywood Moneymakers

By Stephen M. Silverman

It's been a very good year for Will Smith. Not only is his Hancock a runaway box-office hit, but he also banked an impressive $80 million – making him Hollywood's top money earner last year, according to a new ranking from Forbes.

Cameron Diaz is no victim of the current economic pinch, either. Making $50 million last year, the Shrek and What Happens in Vegas star was Tinsel Town's top-earning female, reports the business publication.

Among others in the financial stratosphere: No. 2-ranked Johnny Depp, with a $72 million paycheck, and, tied for third place, Eddie Murphy and Mike Myers, with $55 million each – even though Myers's recent The Love Guru tanked.

Leonardo DiCaprio, with $55 million, rounded out the top five.

And while Atonement leading lady Keira Knightley earned $32 million, and Jennifer Aniston pulled in $27 million, Forbes notes that, once the gold dust settles, men make twice as much as women in Hollywood.

In terms of media personalities, Oprah Winfrey still owns the bank. Her earnings last year were a staggering $275 million.

As for other TV stars, Charlie Sheen was the top-earning male ($20 million), while Grey's Anatomy star Katherine Heigl – who's also been stepping into big-screen roles – deposited $13 million, making her the top-ranking female.

It's actually pretty interesting that Cammy is one of the top-earning actresses in Hollywood, but it's been almost a year since anyone has made a comment on her thread. I'm not much of a fan, but I think it reflects well on her that she doesn't seem to attract/ court a lot of gossip buzz.

And, although I'm sure this was mostly scripted by a publicist, I really liked this quotation of hers from Popsugar because it makes her sound relatively grateful and sane...

"On having kids: "I think that it’s normal for people to ask that, especially of someone my age, because it seems like the obvious thing: ‘Why haven’t you done it?’ It doesn’t bother me. It’s not the cross I bear. I’m not somebody who is going to declare either way if I’m absolutely going to or I’m absolutely not going to have children. I have no idea. I’m still young. I have an unbelievable life. In some ways, I have the life that I have because I don’t have children. I don’t think it’s a compromise to have children,” she adds. “I don’t think it’s a compromise not to. I think it’s just a different choice."

Cruise pairs with Diaz on Fox pic

Duo to star in James Mangold-directed film

By MICHAEL FLEMING

Tom Cruise is zeroing in on the 20th Century Fox action comedy, formerly titled "Wichita," as his next star vehicle.

He'll pair with Cameron Diaz in the James Mangold-directed film. That ends a serious courtship that the star had since January with some of the highest-profile projects in Hollywood.

According to sources, Cruise and Diaz have approved the script, and their deals are in advanced negotiations. While Fox has not officially dated the picture, sources said the studio is eyeing a summer 2010 release.

The script has been through many machinations, but the most recent drafts were done by Scott Frank, with Mangold currently fine-tuning the script with Laeta Kalogridis ("Shutter Island"). Two-hander has several action scenes.

Cruise will play a secret agent who pops in and out of the life of a single woman.

Todd Garner, Kathy Conrad, Steve Pink and Joe Roth are producing the pic.

Since the opening of "Valkyrie," Cruise has been courted for and has shown serious interest in the Len Wiseman-directed DreamWorks thriller "Motorcade"; the Bharat Nalluri-directed Spyglass remake "The Tourist"; the David Cronenberg-directed MGM drama "The Matarese Circle"; the Universal/Working Title romantic comedy "Lost for Words"; and "The 28th Amendment," the Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck-directed Warner Bros. thriller.

The competition for the slot came down to "Wichita" and "Motorcade." It is possible that Cruise might do one of the other projects down the line.

I like her...she seems to fly under the radar a lot. You don't see her passed out on the street or stumbling out drunk or showing her naked patootie to everyone ! If she drinks and drugs at least its in private !!! She seems like she has her head on straight most of the time.