leaivory

Rihanna

They seem to overlook a lot of things out there in the land of the fruits and nuts. They pay a fine and get on with their merry lives. Lets hope this time they do the right thing legally.

They sure do.. Hopefully Barbara Walters does not come calling and his practiced sad face does not bail him out. AND I hope she does not stick around.

Chris Brown's Wrigley Gum Ads Suspended

Monday February 9, 2009

A day after Chris Brown was booked on felony criminal threats charges, Wrigley gum has suspended ads featuring the 19-year-old singer.

"Wrigley is concerned by the serious allegations made against Chris Brown," a company spokesperson tells Usmagazine.com. "We believe Mr. Brown should be afforded the same due process as any citizen.

"However, we have made the decision to suspend the current advertising featuring Brown and any related marketing communications until the matter is resolved," the statement continued.

Brown turned himself in to Los Angeles police Sunday night for an alleged battery on a woman.

Us has confirmed the woman is his 20-year-old girlfriend Rihanna. (Both pulled out of Sunday's Grammys at the last minute.)

The case is being presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office; additional charges may be filed.

Brown -- who has hired lawyer Mark Geragos (who defended convicted murderer Scott Peterson and Michael Jackson during his child molestation trial) -- is due in court March 5.

Chris Brown's Wrigley Gum Ads Suspended

Monday February 9, 2009

A day after Chris Brown was booked on felony criminal threats charges, Wrigley gum has suspended ads featuring the 19-year-old singer.

"Wrigley is concerned by the serious allegations made against Chris Brown," a company spokesperson tells Usmagazine.com. "We believe Mr. Brown should be afforded the same due process as any citizen.

"However, we have made the decision to suspend the current advertising featuring Brown and any related marketing communications until the matter is resolved," the statement continued.

Brown turned himself in to Los Angeles police Sunday night for an alleged battery on a woman.

Us has confirmed the woman is his 20-year-old girlfriend Rihanna. (Both pulled out of Sunday's Grammys at the last minute.)

The case is being presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office; additional charges may be filed.

Brown -- who has hired lawyer Mark Geragos (who defended convicted murderer Scott Peterson and Michael Jackson during his child molestation trial) -- is due in court March 5.

"

Funny I just saw this commercial about an hour ago and thought, "I wonder how long until they pull this?"

They seem to overlook a lot of things out there in the land of the fruits and nuts. They pay a fine and get on with their merry lives. Lets hope this time they do the right thing legally.

They sure do.. Hopefully Barbara Walters does not come calling and his practiced sad face does not bail him out. AND I hope she does not stick around.

Absolutely, I hope she packs her bags and never get near him again.

:shocked: http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/09/rihanna-bloody-and-bruised/

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Rihanna's injuries were severe -- two "huge contusions" which swelled up on both sides of her forehead. We're told she also suffered "a bloody lip and nose."

One of the law enforcement people put it this way -- the contusions "look like an MMA fighter or something ... [it] looked like she was growing devil's horns."

We've also heard that Rihanna may have suffered bite wounds on one of her legs and arms, however, one source close to the situation tells us he doubts that is the case.

Chris Brown has been booked on a felony criminal threats charge. If the D.A. files the case, domestic violence charges could be added.

Source: Brown bit Rihanna, hit her with fists

Victim reportedly became emotional when visited at Cedars-Sinai

Access Hollywood

LOS ANGELES - New details have emerged over the alleged incident on Sunday morning between Chris Brown and a woman who authorities have not officially identified, but a source tells Access Hollywood is Rihanna.

The source told Access Hollywood that Chris Brown allegedly hit Rihanna with his fists and bit her during the alleged incident, which took place around 12:30 a.m. on Sunday.

Brown, 19, was arrested on Sunday and charged with felony criminal threats. He was released on $50,000 bail.

Brown, known in addition to his singing for his athletic feats of dancing — he has performed upside-down — previously said he studied martial arts, according to the New York Daily News.

The Los Angeles Police Department is still investigating the alleged domestic violence felony battery and told Access that additional charges may be filed.

Authorities released information to Access Hollywood that Brown and a woman were arguing in a car in the Hancock Park area of Los Angeles just after midnight on Sunday. Brown reportedly stopped the car, he and the woman got out and the argument escalated. LAPD reports the woman suffered visible injuries.

Following the incident, Brown reportedly left, leaving Rihanna at the scene.

Radar Online reported that a source inside Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where Rihanna was reportedly taken following the incident, said the singer became emotional when two female “assistants” went to visit her at the facility.

“Rihanna was clearly very upset by what had happened and I could hear her screaming,” the source said. “Rihanna was trying to get her point across about something, she sounded like she was crying as she tried to get… her point across.”

When contacted by Access on Sunday night, a rep for Rihanna said that the singer was “well.”

“Rihanna is well. Thank you for concern and support,” the rep said.

A rep for Chris Brown did not return calls from Access.

Meanwhile, Wrigley announced Monday that it is suspending ad campaigns featuring Brown as its Doublemint gum spokesman. A company statement expresses concern about what it calls “serious allegations made against Chris Brown.”

Both Brown and Rihanna were no-shows for Sunday night’s Grammy Awards. Both were nominated and scheduled to perform.

Copyright 2009 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

February 09, 2009. MediaTakeOut.com just got some BREAKING NEWS. According to a person close to Rihanna, the R&B singer will not file criminal charges against R&B singer Chris Brown for assault and battery.

Last night, Chris Brown was arrested and released on $50,000 bail in connection with an alleged assault against R&B singer Rihanna Fenty. As MediaTakeOut.com reported to you yesterday, Chris and Rihanna got into a scuffle while leaving Saturday night’s Clive Davis’ Pre-Grammy party.

A person close to the situation told MediaTakeOut.com that the scuffle was caused by the couple’s recent break up. As MediaTakeOut.com reported to you weeks ago, the couple had been ratcheting down on their high-profile love affair. Numerous sources confirmed to MediaTakeOut.com that Chris wanted to END the relationship - but Rihanna didn’t.

We should be clear. It's not clear what occurred during the scuffle - or who did what to whom.

But things have changed since Saturday night. Now MediaTakeOut.com can EXCLUSIVELY report that Rihanna does NOT want Chris Brown to be criminally punished for the alleged assault. According to an EXTREMELY reliable insider, Rihanna is NO LONGER assisting investigators in their criminal case against Chris Brown.

Unfortunately for Chris, that’s probably not going to make the charges go away. Police claim that, on the scene of the incident, Rihanna identified Chris Brown as the man who assaulted her. Additionally, police have physical evidence. MediaTakeOut.com can OFFICIALLY CONFIRM that Rihanna’s face and arm were severely bruised in the incident and Chris suffered from minor bruising as well.

There is some evidence in Chris’ favor, however. For example, according to a MediaTakeOut.com reader on the scene, Rihanna did NOT call the police alleging that Chris assaulted her. It was a bystander that called 9-1-1. Shortly afterwards, the police arrived on scene and interviewed Rihanna.

We’ll continue bringing you periodic updates into exactly what’s going on in this story. Trust when we tell you that NO OTHER NEWS SOURCE in the world has more access to the people around Chris and Rihanna than MediaTakeOut.com does.

Also just to clear things up, there are a few FAKE rumors out there that we need to clear up:

First, the woman who was allegedly assaulted WAS RIHANNA not some “friend”. Many news organizations are reluctant to release the name of a domestic violence victim. MediaTakeOut.com, however, believes that there is a pressing public interest to know all that happened.

Second, there was no car accident. Chris and Rihanna’s PR team made up the whole “accident” story to hide what truly happened in the car that night

Third, Chris did not punch Rihanna in her face because she gave him herpes. This rumor is floating around the net and it’s A LIE. Chris saw the cold sore just like the rest of us weeks ago – and it didn’t stop him from messing with her. This story is nothing to joke about. Domestic violence is a serious subject, and Chris Brown is facing serious charges – we shouldn’t make up fake ish about this situation

Members of the press ARE REQUIRED to credit MediaTakeOut.com for their original reporting

Edited by BobbyD

Strictly speaking, Rihanna doesn't have to press charges. The district attorney can -- and should.

If the DA/Rihanna do not bring charges, Chris Brown will get away with using his girlfriend as a punching bag and Rihanna won't get the help she needs. I have no doubt but that she is sitting back thinking "I made him angry, it wasn't his fault, he didn't mean to do it. . . etc."

:censored: Bullshit.

Any person who using another person as a punching bag needs help with anger management and the victim needs to get counseling to around the victim mentality - VD can be treated and using your fists does not cure it -- and passing it on does not give anybody the right to beat the crap out you.

ETA:

here is some evidence in Chris’ favor, however. For example, according to a MediaTakeOut.com reader on the scene, Rihanna did NOT call the police alleging that Chris assaulted her.

What a perfectly ridiculous statement. Who the hell cares who called. If Chris hit her, the fact that a bystander called does not change the fact that Chris hit her jeez from the account above it sounds like she might have been hysterical -- doubtful that she would have had her act together enough to call. :rolleyes:

Edited by tyler

Think we can get, say, Tina Turner in to visit Rihanna to make sure she presses charges??? Who else might be a good help to show her the way??? I understand that she might not want to be seen as a victim by her fans & no matter what happens this *will* have an effect on her career, but I just hope she doesn't have handlers who want to sweep this all under the rug too :shocked:

Okay, I'm not buying that he beat her up because she gave him herpes. I was on several websites as this story was developing and some posters were speculating that she gave him herpes because she had been seen with some sores around her mouth a couple of weeks ago. I think this is rumor/speculation that has gotten out of control.

Rihanna's Injuries -- "Horrific"

Posted Feb 10th 2009 7:55AM by TMZ

Law enforcement sources have now gotten specific with us... police took pictures of Rihanna's injuries and they are "horrific."

As we reported, the photos show major contusions on both sides of the singer's face -- there is serious swelling and bruising. Her lip is split and her nose bloody. We have now confirmed there are bite marks on one of her arms and on several fingers.

And we now know this... Rihanna claims Brown struck her with his fists and that's what did the damage. There was no object used in the alleged attack.

Rihanna refused treatment at the scene, but before she left cops took photos. We're told the photos alone are "devastating proof of abuse."

And we've learned it was not Rihanna who called 911. Someone in the area heard her screams and called

Swift Fallout After Chris Brown Incident

R&B Singer Under Investigation For Allegedly Battering Singing Sensation Girlfriend Rihanna

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 10, 2009

(CBS) The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating whether R&B artist Chris Brown battered his girlfriend, singing sensation Rihanna, Early Show national correspondent Hattie Kauffman reports.

"Chris Brown is in huge trouble," said Harvey Levin of TMZ.com. "I mean, he could go to prison for years."

They are two of today's hottest stars. Rihanna holds the record for digital downloads last year Brown was named 2008 artist of the year by Billboard magazine. Shortly before the incident they appeared happy at a pre-Grammy party.

They'd just left a party. It was 12:30 a.m. when the two pulled up in a Lamborghini on a street. A witness told police they argued and it escalated, leaving the female passenger with "visible injuries."

"She suffered two huge contusions on both sides of her face," Levin said. "She had a bloody lip, she had a bloody nose. And there are reports that she had a bite on one of her arms and legs."

Celebrity lawyer Mark Geragos drove Brown to a police station where he surrendered. He posted $50,000 bail and was released.

Brown's arrest has fueled chatter on the internet.

The couple had the world on a string. Not anymore.

There's already some fallout for Brown, who is only 19 and had a wholesome image. Wrigley's is suspending all advertising featuring Brown for their Doublemint chewing gum brand.

But what about the legal ramifications if the allegations prove true?

"I think it's unlikely -- first arrest -- that he's going to spend time behind bars," Linda Fairstein, former New York assistant district attorney and author of a new book, "Lethal Legacy" told Early Show co-anchor Julie Chen "The injuries -- and it's a shocking story to hear -- but I believe that Rihanna was treated and released. It's probably going to be a misdemeanor which means a weapon was not used. There may have been the threat of a weapon. So if he's exposed to that kind of criminal process, I'd expect a result like probation and participation in a batterer's program perhaps."

And the jury may still be out on the long-term damage to Brown's career.

"He's in a lot of trouble right now, but I would urge people to really wait and see how this unfolds, and let's not have a rush to judgment," said Howard Bragman, a celebrity crisis expert and author of "Where's My 15 Minutes." "I've been there alongside a lot of celebrities when they're accused of things. And what happens -- what people think happened is not necessarily what really happened. So I would urge people to have a little patience and let this unfold. That being said, this is going to be a long and uncomfortable ride for Chris."

"Let's say she (Rihanna) doesn't want to press charges or, you know, take a part. How likely is it that he is going to be found guilty?" Chen asked Fairstein.

"He could still be found guilty because of the very unique circumstances," Fairstein said. "Most domestic violence happens behind closed doors. And there are no witnesses, and the victim may or may not get immediate treatment. This is very unusual, together at a party and shortly after in a nice part of L.A., Hancock Park, police respond and find her in distress and injured. So I think it wouldn't be hard to prove."

"Will Chris Brown fans forgive him? Should they forgive him?" Chen asked Bragman.

"He's a young man. If it happened, if he's contrite and if we have the secret ingredient, which is time, then we will forgive him," Bragman said, "We have that in our culture and I think it's a good thing. And I hope he can get beyond that. He's an incredible talent. And it's a sad moment right now."

© MMIX, CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

I don't want to be a big old cynic here, but how long until those pictures make it onto the internet? <_<

I don't really care for Rihanna as a singer, but man, poor girl. It sickens me that there might not be any charges filed against him and no matter the reason(not buying the herpes story either) this should never have happened.

Edited by galaxygirl

Let's face it, from a PR standpoint it would be very difficult for her to press charges against him. If this goes to trial, her private life, including her sex life, would be under a microscope. Plus, there are rumors that this is not the first time. I don't see anyway her people are going to allow this to go forward. There will be a deal between both of their lawyers and the prosecutor's office.

What I am interested to see is if she uses this as a platform. She could really do some good here to talk to young girls about abuse. I hope she doesn't shy away from it because she doesn't want to diminish her image as a strong woman.

Source: Chris Brown 'Knocked Around' Rihanna

Posted Image

New details have emerged about the midnight altercation between Chris Brown and Rihanna that led to Brown being booked on a felony criminal threat charge on Sunday.

"Chris knocked her around," a source close to the couple tells PEOPLE. "Black eye, blood, bruises. She had to be treated by a doctor."

The Barbados-bred beauty, 20 – who is currently in "a safe place," says a friend – is cooperating with detectives, according to the Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton has said he expects the case will be handed over to the district attorney's office on Tuesday or Wednesday. At that time, the prosecutors could charge Brown, 19, with more crimes.

The case could be affected by how much Rihanna is willing to forgive her boyfriend. "Prosecutors back off somewhat when they see a couple trying to work out their own issues," says Steve Sitkoff, an L.A. defense attorney. But, says the friend, "I would be so sad if she went back to him."

In the meantime, both stars have canceled upcoming appearances: The NBA has issued a statement that Brown will no longer participate in their All-Star Game events in Phoenix this weekend, while Rihanna backed out of a Friday night concert in Malaysia.

Friends Call Brown a Good Kid

News of the alleged assault stunned fans and friends alike. Brown, known for his charm and Michael Jackson-style moves, has always been seen as a good kid. "I've never known Chris to be combative," says his high school gym teacher from Tappahannock, Va., Lyn Amos. "He's always low-key, easygoing." Adds Jean Segar, a restaurant owner who has known Brown since he was a child: "He's such a mild-mannered person. It's hard for me to believe [the charge]."

What makes the allegations even more shocking is that Brown has claimed his mother was physically abused by his former stepfather. "He made me terrified all the time," Brown told Giant, adding, "I hate him to this day."

The abuse allegations could have a long-lasting impact on Brown's career. On Monday, Wrigley temporarily suspended his Doublemint commercials, and as an industry source points out, "A lot of his fans are women."

Let's face it, from a PR standpoint it would be very difficult for her to press charges against him. If this goes to trial, her private life, including her sex life, would be under a microscope. Plus, there are rumors that this is not the first time. I don't see anyway her people are going to allow this to go forward. There will be a deal between both of their lawyers and the prosecutor's office.

What I am interested to see is if she uses this as a platform. She could really do some good here to talk to young girls about abuse. I hope she doesn't shy away from it because she doesn't want to diminish her image as a strong woman.

I don't follow your line of reasoning here. If Rihanna doesn't press charges, especially if this isn't the first time a beat down happened, then I don't see how she could do any good talking to young girls about abuse. What will she say? Don't make a fuss? Don't press charges because it's better to let him get away with it than possibly have to reveal personal details about yourself? Think about your career first because after all, isn't that the most important thing? Strong women don't press charges against men who batter women?

If Rihanna really is a strong woman then she'll move forward with this and press charges. Otherwise, if she can't even help herself then she certainly can't help anyone else.

Being a DV victim in California, my experience is that once certain statements are given to an officer that the officer has no choice but to arrest the accused and the DA will prosecute. I don't think Rihanna can "drop it" only the DA can & they probably won't but they will most likely lower it to a misdemeanor as it was Browns first DV arrest. Sadly even if her injuries are as bad as what is being reported the DA will likely lower the charges anyway, that has been my experience with the California justice system.

Being a DV victim in California, my experience is that once certain statements are given to an officer that the officer has no choice but to arrest the accused and the DA will prosecute. I don't think Rihanna can "drop it" only the DA can & they probably won't but they will most likely lower it to a misdemeanor as it was Browns first DV arrest. Sadly even if her injuries are as bad as what is being reported the DA will likely lower the charges anyway, that has been my experience with the California justice system.

That's correct. The DA represents "The People of the County of Los Angeles" not Rhianna. It matters not, that Rhianna doesn't want to pursue the matter. The DA will prosecute based on the evidence supplied by police and call (or subpoena, if she's reluctant) Rhianna as a witness. Her testimony is important in the case, even though there is physical evidence to support the DV, she could easily flake. Seemingly solid DV cases have gone to plea bargains because victims have decided the batterer didn't mean it / made a mistake / won't do it again.

Kanye West: I'd Do Anything to Help Rihanna

By Marla Lehner

Kanye West is shocked by Chris Brown's alleged assault of Rihanna, West said Tuesday.

"I don't want to speak too much on it, but I was completely devastated by the concept of what I heard," West, 31, told Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS FM radio show Tuesday morning.

"[Rihanna] has the potential to be, you know, the greatest artist of all time and, in that sense, I feel like [she is] my baby sis," added West. "I would do any and everything to help her in any situation."

West, who has previously toured with Rihanna, said he preferred not to get into specifics about whether he's spoken to her personally but labeled the situation "so devastating."

"I feel like, just as a person, I don't care how famous she is or even if she just worked at McDonald's, that should never happen. It should never come to that, to that place."

On Sunday, Brown, 19, was booked on a felony criminal threat charge after he allegedly got into an altercation with Rihanna, 20.

"Chris knocked her around," a source close to the couple tells PEOPLE. "Black eye, blood, bruises. She had to be treated by a doctor."

Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton has said he expects the case will be handed over to the district attorney's office this week. Prosecutors could charge Brown with additional crimes.

That's correct. The DA represents "The People of the County of Los Angeles" not Rhianna. It matters not, that Rhianna doesn't want to pursue the matter. The DA will prosecute based on the evidence supplied by police and call (or subpoena, if she's reluctant) Rhianna as a witness. Her testimony is important in the case, even though there is physical evidence to support the DV, she could easily flake. Seemingly solid DV cases have gone to plea bargains because victims have decided the batterer didn't mean it / made a mistake / won't do it again.

Even with solid evidence and 3 witness a case can be plead down, esp if it's the first DV offense for the perp :censored:

Doubt he'll do any time as well... <_<

If she does press charges...I'm hearing she is cooperating with the police, at least she'll go above and beyond Diane Lane.

Chris Brown Case Not Ready for D.A.

Posted Feb 10th 2009 3:57PM by TMZ Staff

We've learned the L.A. County District Attorney's office received the Chris Brown case this morning from the LAPD for its review. But there was a snag.

The D.A.'s office wanted more info so the case was kicked back to the LAPD for further investigation.

Brown was booked on a charge of felony criminal threats. The D.A. could also file domestic violence and other charges.