leaivory

Rihanna

Inside the Chris Brown Investigation: D.A. Wants Felony Evidence

As bad as the last week has been, Chris Brown may not have even seen the half of it.

At the request of the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office, the R&B star is being investigated for a variety of felonies, including domestic violence, assault resulting in great bodily injury and—based on specific allegations made by Rihanna—even attempted murder, a source close to the L.A. Police Department's investigation tells E! News.

But as they build their case, the source says, prosecutors fear that making any serious felony charges stick could prove difficult in a case where there are no direct witnesses other than Rihanna and Brown.

Brown is accused of beating his longtime girlfriend in the early morning hours of Feb. 8, causing them both to cancel their scheduled Grammy performances that night.

Rihanna told police that, while the two were fighting in his rented Lamborghini, Brown said to her, "I'm going to kill you," while his hands were around her neck. The Barbados-born songstress, who is reportedly cooperating with the cops' investigation, also told authorities that Brown choked her until she lost consciousness.

Brown was booked by police on suspicion of making criminal threats, but the D.A.'s office wanted further investigation into the incident before it decided on pressing charges.

The 19-year-old singer has been free on $50,000 bail and is currently back home with his family in Virginia.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired," Brown, 19, said over the weekend via his rep in his first public statement since his arrest. "I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person."

Rihanna, 20, was treated after the incident at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and was discharged the following night. After canceling her upcoming public appearances, she spent last week with her family in Babardos before departing for parts unknown.

That picture makes me furious. She is a victim and her picture in that state should NOT have been released. Why dont they leak that wimp Chris Brown's mugshot? He is in deep shit now......

I think actually seeing the pics take this to a whole new level and I hope that little shit saw what he did with his fist in a moment of irrational thinking. I never knew it was this bad.

The cynic in me wonders if her people leaked it to counteract the idiotic Chris Brown apologists. There are too many young people saying that she may have "deserved" it :censored: I don't think it is working because even now the comments on TMZ don't show a change, there are a lot of " how come you don't talk about what she did to him to make him do this?" posts :censored: :censored: :censored:

The cynic in me wonders if her people leaked it to counteract the idiotic Chris Brown apologists. There are too many young people saying that she may have "deserved" it :censored: I don't think it is working because even now the comments on TMZ don't show a change, there are a lot of " how come you don't talk about what she did to him to make him do this?" posts :censored: :censored: :censored:

You gotta love those posts :censored:

Beyond awful...just horrifying. Chris Brown should go to jail for a LONG time for what he did to that poor girl. But of course, he's going to get himself a great lawyer and will be in jail (if he makes it to jail) for about as long as Nicole Ritchie was in jail for her drunk driving.

I think actually seeing the pics take this to a whole new level and I hope that little shit saw what he did with his fist in a moment of irrational thinking. I never knew it was this bad.

Tonight on TMZ they were talking about the celebrities who only say they feel sorry for both of them (Rihanna and Chris). I think they posted that picture to get everyone to understand just how horrific this is so they'll actually react and not gloss it over.

Tonight on TMZ they were talking about the celebrities who only say they feel sorry for both of them (Rihanna and Chris). I think they posted that picture to get everyone to understand just how horrific this is so they'll actually react and not gloss it over.
Exactly. At first I was upset that they posted it but then realized that some people need to see this to stop sympathizing with the man.

That picture makes me furious. She is a victim and her picture in that state should NOT have been released. Why dont they leak that wimp Chris Brown's mugshot? He is in deep shit now......

I think her people may have leaked it because she has not been getting alot of support.

People's/Celeb's comments have basically been somewhere along the lines of, " I hope they're both doing ok or I wish them both well".

They're not putting Brown by himself in the asshole of the decade category.

I agree... too many people have been saying she was "agressive" , "controlling", "clingy". It is a classic case of blaming the victim. They say " she did such and such so in a way she asked for it". There should be no excuse for it.

Web Buzzing Over Shocking Photo Reportedly of Rihanna

Los Angeles police launched an internal investigation Thursday night after a graphic photo reportedly of Rihanna with injuries from an alleged assault by Chris Brown surfaced on the Internet.

"The photograph has the appearance of one taken during an official domestic violence investigation," says a police statement. "The Los Angeles Police Department takes seriously its duty to maintain the confidentiality of victims of domestic violence."

The picture is a close-up of a young woman with her eyes closed and bruises and cuts on her forehead, lips and cheeks. PEOPLE has chosen not to post the picture, due to the nature of the case.

The LAPD said that on Thursday evening it "began receiving numerous inquiries about the release of a photograph associated with a domestic violence incident that occurred on February 8, 2009, involving entertainer Chris Brown."

As a result, the department began the internal investigation and called on the public's help for "information concerning the unauthorized release of the photograph."

"A violation of this type is considered serious misconduct, with penalties up to and including termination," police said.

Brown, 19, who released a statement saying he is "sorry and saddened," was arrested on a felony criminal threat charge Feb. 8. His case has not yet been presented by police to prosecutors.

Rihanna, who has not appeared in public since the alleged attack hours before the Grammy Awards, turns 21 on Friday.

Rihanna's Dad Upset with LAPD over Photo Leak

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rihanna's dad is disappointed with the way the Los Angeles police are handling his daughter's domestic violence case, he tells PEOPLE.

"Sloppy work on their part," says Ronald Fenty, speaking to PEOPLE via telephone from Barbados Friday, shortly after the emergence of a graphic photo Thursday reportedly showing Rihanna's injuries from the alleged assault by boyfriend Chris Brown.

The picture is a close-up of a young woman with her eyes closed, bruises on her forehead, and cuts on her lips and cheeks. Because of the nature of the case, PEOPLE has chosen not to post the photo.

The Los Angeles Police Department issued a statement asking for the public to help with "information concerning the unauthorized release of the photograph."

"A violation of this type is considered serious misconduct, with penalties up to and including termination," police said.

Brown, 19, who released a statement saying he is "sorry and saddened," was arrested on a felony criminal threat charge Feb. 8. His case has not yet been presented by police to prosecutors.

Rihanna Turns 21

Today is the "Umbrella" singer's 21st birthday, but Fenty says he's not sure how his daughter – who has not been seen in public since the alleged attack hours before the Grammy Awards – plans to spend her special day.

"There's no party that I know of," he says.

Source: People

Rihanna Forgives Chris Brown?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rihanna has been arranging secret meetings with Chris Brown, it has been claimed.

The Umbrella hitmaker - who was left severely battered after she was allegedly assaulted by Brown earlier this month - has forgiven the singer for the attack and already taken him back, the National Enquirer reports.

A source tells the publication, "Even after what Chris did to her, Rihanna is crazy about him and she's forgiven him.

Chris Brown Called Rihanna on Her Birthday

"They've been talking on the phone, and they've agreed that once the legal problems are ironed out, they'll be together. But as far as Rihanna is concerned, she's already taken Chris back.

"They've missed one secret get-together, and now they've vowed to meet at a secret rendezvous location outside of Los Angeles."

The source added, "Everyone is advising Rihanna to stay away from Chris and concentrate on her career. But she won't listen. She's been talking to Chris on the phone, and she's made it clear she doesn't want their romance to end.

"Both she and Chris are feeling extremely low. Each one feels the fight was their fault.

"Her family and celebrity pals flipped out. They said, 'What are you doing? This guy hurt you.'"

Source: showbizspy.com

Maybe someone needs to remind her of how bad it can get by refreshing her memory of what happened to Jennifer Hudson's family.

Hopefully, this is not really what's going on.

Maybe someone needs to remind her of how bad it can get by refreshing her memory of what happened to Jennifer Hudson's family.

Hopefully, this is not really what's going on.

ITA - I hope this is not true!

Was Rihanna Pregnant?

Posted Image

Rihanna was hiding a shocking secret when Chris Brown brutally beat her.

In the March 9 issue of Star — on sale now — we exclusively report that days before the terrifying incident, Rihanna consulted an ob-gyn at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after confiding to close friends that she suspected she was pregnant with Chris' baby.

Wearing sunglasses and dressed in all black, she appeared nervous and upset. "She was extremely fidgety. She seemed totally uncomfortable," an eyewitness at the doctor's office tells Star.

With their relationship already on rocky ground, Rihanna feared a pregnancy could be the last straw and Chris might dump her.

"She was scared he would react badly," says an insider.

But Rihanna did not get the chance to tell her boyfriend of a year about her trip to the doctor. Before she got a chance to say anything, Chris beat her black and blue after she tried to grab his cellphone to read a text message he had just received.

Is she pregnant now? Was she ever? Pick up the new Star today for the

She has got to be nuts.

The dude beat the crap out of her and she goes back to him? HUH?

Does she have 2 brain cells that she can rub together?

Hope he goes to prison where he belongs.