BobbyD

Ryan Reynolds

Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson Not Connecting Lately

Posted Image

Here's Ryan Reynolds gracing "TRL" with his "Definitely, Maybe" co-stars Elizabeth Banks and Abigail Breslin. Abby better enjoy it while it lasts. Have you seen Haley Joel Osment lately? Awkward. There's word that Ryan and ladyfriend Scarlett Johansson aren't vibeing like they used to. Sources say the two of them are barely together due to their crazy schedules. Even though the two of them made appearances at the Berlin Film Festival, it was on different days and they missed each other.

A source says that "they haven't spent more than a day in the same city in months." I seriously don't know how the fiery hot ones date anyway. They're always on planes or on the set or at awards shows or film festivals. How do you have time to make sweet love? My off time would be spent napping and getting drunk. That's some stress!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Memo to Jumper: Next Time, Flaming Skulls

By Joal Ryan

Jumper was no Ghost Rider. And so this President's Day weekend was no holiday for Hollywood.

Box-office business down nearly 17 percent from a year ago, and down nearly one-third from last weekend, per studio estimates compiled Monday by Exhibitor Relations.

Director Doug Liman's Jumper did land in the top spot, with a Friday-Sunday debut of $27.3 million, and an overall Friday-Monday take of $31.7 million.

But the action film, featuring a hopscotching Hayden Christensen, couldn't make the leap to killer status like 2007's Ghost Rider, which collected $52 million over the same holiday weekend.

The family fantasy film The Spiderwick Chronicles, which took second with $19.1 million Friday-Sunday, and $24.5 million Friday-Monday, was a little closer to its '07 President's Day counterpart, Bridge to Terabithia. But it was still no match for the latter's $28.5 million four-day opening.

Also falling short of last year's lineup was the romantic-comedy Definitely, Maybe (fifth place, $9.8 million Friday-Sunday, $11.4 million Friday-Monday), which definitely did not establish Ryan Reynolds as the new Hugh Grant. (Last President's Day weekend, Grant and Drew Barrymore's Music and Lyrics scored $15.9 million.)

About the only film to step up was Step Up 2: The Streets (third place). The dance movie did its thing, grossing $19.7 million from Friday-Sunday ($21.5 million Friday-Monday). Per Box Office Mojo stats, it is the fourth-biggest opening dance movie ever, if only because tickets for the likes of Saturday Night Fever, Flashdance and Dirty Dancing used to be way cheaper.

Hollywood, meanwhile, is hoping its next holiday weekend is a happier one.

Elsewhere:

The Oscars are coming; the Best Picture nominees are going. Juno, the biggest and only box-office hit of the bunch, fell to seventh place ($4.6 million Friday-Sunday, $5.5 million Friday-Monday; $125 million overall). There Will Be Blood ($3.1 million Friday-Sunday, $3.7 million Friday-Monday; $31.6 million overall) dropped out of the top 10. No Country for Old Men ($1.8 million Friday-Sunday, $60.9 million overall, per Box Office Mojo), Atonement ($1.4 million Friday-Sunday; $47.4 million overall) and Michael Clayton ($930,000 Friday-Sunday; $47.5 million overall) hung around for those cramming for next weekend's ceremony.

The Bucket List (eighth place, $4 million Friday-Sunday, $4.7 million Friday-Monday; $81.7 million) isn't up for any Oscars, although it could probably buy some with all the money it's made.

Last weekend's champ, Fool's Gold (fourth place, $12.9 million Friday-Sunday, $15.1 million Friday-Monday; $44 million overall), predictably fell from the top slot. But, given this box-office age, business held up well, falling "only" 40 percent.

The top 10 run for Rambo ($1.8 million Friday-Sunday; $40 million overall, per Box Office Mojo) lasted just three weekends. If the film doesn't come up with another $7.5 million or so, it'll go down as the lowest grossing film in the John Rambo series, even lower than the one released 25-plus years, and several inflationary cycles, ago.

In limited release, U2's 3D concert movie ($450,000 Friday-Sunday; $3.6 million overall, per Box Office Mojo) was the star of the weekend, even as Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert (ninth place, $3.3 million Friday-Sunday, $3.9 million Friday-Monday; $59 million overall) continued to hog the special screens.

The latest entry in George A. Romero's zombie canon, Diary of the Dead, did so-so on 42 screens, taking in $221,000 Friday-Sunday ($275,000 Friday-Monday).

Here's a recap of the top-grossing weekend films based on Friday-Monday (and Friday- Sunday) estimates compiled by Exhibitor Relations:

1. Jumper, $31.7 million ($27.3 million)

2. The Spiderwick Chronicles, $24.5 million ($19.1 million)

3. Step Up 2: The Streets, $21.5 million ($19.7 million)

4. Fool's Gold, $15.1 million ($12.9 million)

5. Definitely, Maybe, $11.4 million ($9.8 million)

6. Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins, $10.4 million ($8.5 million)

7. Juno, $5.5 million ($4.6 million)

8. The Bucket List, $4.7 million ($4 million)

9. Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert, $3.9 million ($3.2 million)

10. 27 Dresses, $3.8 million ($3.2 million)

Ryan Reynolds: 'Breslin Is An Inspiration'

Ryan Reynolds has hailed child star Abigail Breslin an inspiration to young actresses - because she refuses to allow fame to rule her life.

Reynolds, who appears alongside the 11-year-old in new movie Definitely Maybe, was amazed by her maturity - and believes she will not suffer the same fate as former child stars Drew Barrymore and Lindsay Lohan - who have both endured public battles with alcohol and drugs.

He says, "It's a tough gig with these kids in this industry. They come in wholesome and whole and leave broken. You look at a girl like Abigail and her mom and her family and right off the bat you see the healthy dynamic and that's pretty unusual. I don't feel like she was being exploited for anything. She has a genuine love for what she does. Hollywood is definitely made up of broken glass and bubblegum, it's a scary place, but she seems to be handling it pretty well. I don't know many 11-year-old Oscar nominees who are complete s**ts, so she's pretty great."

Breslin was nominated for an Academy Award at last year's Oscars for her role in 2006's Little Miss Sunshine.

Reynolds, will.i.am join 'Wolverine'

Taylor Kitsch set as Gambit

By MARC GRASER, TATIANA SIEGEL

Twentieth Century Fox has added three more superheroes to “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” with Ryan Reynolds, “Friday Night Lights” regular Taylor Kitsch, and hip hop artist will.i.am joining the cast.

Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston and Lynn Collins round out the cast as Sabretooth, William Stryker and Silver Fox, respectively.

Hugh Jackman reprises the role of Wolverine in the “X-Men” spinoff that Gavin Hood began lensing this month in Australia. Pic bows May 1, 2009.

Twentieth Century Fox has added three more superheroes to “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” with Ryan Reynolds, “Friday Night Lights” regular Taylor Kitsch, and hip hop artist will.i.am joining the cast.

Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston and Lynn Collins round out the cast as Sabretooth, William Stryker and Silver Fox, respectively.

Hugh Jackman reprises the role of Wolverine in the “X-Men” spinoff that Gavin Hood began lensing this month in Australia. Pic bows May 1, 2009.

Why does he get work? Who is he doing (other than Scarlett)? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Why does he get work? Who is he doing (other than Scarlett)? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I had wondered if Kevin Spacey "discovered" him as well. ;)

Colin Farrell...that I know of.

From Biography.com...

....Colin’s next screen appearance was in Drinking Crude, a “rites of passage” movie with a rock and roll soundtrack. He followed this up with a part in a TV miniseries, Falling for a Dancer. Encouraged by these early successes, Colin headed off for London, where he secured an important stage role, playing a semi-autistic teenager in Gary Mitchell’s play In A Little World of Our Own at the Donmar Warehouse. It was here that destiny played a hand, for whilst on stage, he was noticed by Kevin Spacey, who was over in London to appear in The Iceman Cometh, another West End theatre production. Farrell and Spacey became friends and started hanging out together ;) , and it wasn’t long before Spacey had introduced Colin to the producers of Ordinary Decent Criminals, a film that was he was about to start shooting in Ireland.

Meeting Kevin Spacey was undoubtedly Farrell’s “big break” - but his acting career was already beginning to take off. He landed a part in a TV adaptation of David Copperfield, starring Dame Maggie Smith, and also featured in the popular BBC Irish series, Ballykissangel, in which he played a young horseman, Danny Byrne. Then came the actual filming of Ordinary Decent Criminals, in which his mate Kevin Spacey played a notorious mobster, who evades police arrest at every turn: Farrell played Alec, the youngest member of Spacey’s gang.

Keen to make the most of his success in Ordinary Decent Criminals, Colin went off to Hollywood to tout for further big screen roles. True to form, he partied hard and fast, but was soon mixing socially with A-list celebrities like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt, and more importantly, also succeeded in getting himself onto the books of CAA, the top-ranking Hollywood agents whose client list included Cuba Gooding Jr, Elizabeth Shue and Donald Sutherland.

Farrell left Hollywood empty-handed on this occasion, but his luck changed when American director Joel Schumacher asked him to audition in London. Farrell arrived too late to audition, but Schumacher asked him to send a video showreel. Two weeks later, Farrell got a call from the director, asking “Wanna make a movie?” The film was Tigerland, and Farrell played the part of Bozz, a new Vietnam recruit back in 1971, enduring the full pain of boot camp training before shipping out to go to war. Tigerland received widespread critical acclaim, and Farrell was hailed as Best Actor of the Year by the Boston Society of Film Critics.

Oh, my! I could see that happening to, say, Paris Hilton, but I always thought Colin to be talented enough on his own - what a stupid thing to do, and shame on them for pushing that...I know the casting couch is in fact real, but I had no idea that it really applied to anyone other than reality show contestants...

Spacey and Shumacher both "discovered" him, one after the other.

Personally, I think Colin's straight but I think he's open enough (heck, he was just the best man to his brother's wedding to his partner) to do that.

Spacey and Shumacher both "discovered" him, one after the other.

Personally, I think Colin's straight but I think he's open enough (heck, he was just the best man to his brother's wedding to his partner) to do that.

I would think he would be gay...or at least bi. He seems like he would do anyone, anything...(Colin). :D

Agreed. I think one or two of Teddy's thinly-veiled blind vices were about Colin widely publicizing himself as a ladies' man but often dallying with men when drunk or otherwise under chemical influence. Sounds like his gay-gay wants to come out and play-play.

I think he did what he had to do to get a break in a difficult business. He is definitely not alone, in fact he's with the majority of actors. Sooner or later, most give it up to someone for something - gay or straight is irrelevant.

Black Eyed Peas singer joins "Wolverine" cast

Black Eyed Peas singer Will.i.am will make his feature acting debut in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," the "X-Men" spinoff starring Hugh Jackman.

Danny Huston, Taylor Kitsch and Lynn Collins also have joined the Fox project, and Ryan Reynolds is making a cameo. Gavin Hood ("Tsotsi") is directing.

"Wolverine," set 17 years before the "X-Men" movies, traces the origins of the popular mutant superhero.

Will.i.am, whose real name is William Adams, will play Wraith, a mutant with the power to turn himself translucent.

Huston, who most recently appeared in "30 Days of Night," is playing Stryker, the military general who subjected Wolverine to the experiment that laced his bones with an unbreakable metal called adamantium. Brian Cox played the character in "X2: X-Men United."

Kitsch, one of the stars of NBC's "Friday Night Lights," is playing Gambit, a Cajun thief whose powers include the manipulation of kinetic energy, which allows him to use card-throwing to deadly effect.

Collins ("The Number 23") will play as Kayla Silverfox, Wolverine's lover and a member of Team X, a superpowered covert ops team.

Reynolds, onscreen in "Definitely, Maybe," will appear as Deadpool, a wisecracking mercenary.

Liev Schreiber already has been cast as Victor Creed, a mutant with bestial superpowers who also is known as Sabretooth.

Production began this month in New Zealand before moving to Australia. A New Orleans shoot also is on the docket. Fox is releasing the film everywhere May 1, 2009.

Disney unveils new schedule

'Old Dogs,' 'Hannah Montana' set release dates

By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK

With the writers strike resolved, Disney is the latest studio to rejigger and give more shape to its release calendar through 2009 and the early part of 2010.

The Mouse House has staked out opening dates for a cluster of films, including laffer "Old Dogs," filmmaker Walt Becker's follow-up to sleeper box office hit "Wild Hogs." "Dogs," with a cast including John Travolta, Robin Williams and Seth Green, bows April 10, 2009. "Wild Hogs" opened in spring as well.

In a counterprogramming maneuver, Disney's "The Hannah Montana Movie" will debut May 1, 2009, opposite 20th Century Fox's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

Looking to Thanksgiving 2009, Bruce Willis futuristic cop actioner "The Surrogates" will unspool the weekend before the holiday on Nov. 20, 2009.

During the WGA walkout, studios weren't in a position to begin to round out their slates for 2009 or move pictures around, since they couldn't be sure how fast the production pipeline would be up and running. The majors are relatively confident that a new deal can be struck with actors without a walkout this summer.

Last week, Paramount made a number of changes, including moving J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek" from Christmas to May 2009.

Disney is the second studio to make a multitude of changes.

Disney rejiggered release dates for several titles, including action-adventure "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time," which will now open June 16, 2009, instead of July 10, 2009.

The move means that "Prince of Persia" will open ahead of Par's "Transformers 2" (June 26, 2009) and "Ice Age III" (July 1, 2009) versus bowing in their wake.

As a result of claiming May 1, 2009, for "Hannah Montana," Disney moved 3-D animated pic "G-Force" out of that slot to July 24. That's the second 3-D title, as well as the second toon, to bow on that date after the Weinstein Co. horror entry "Piranha 3D" and New Line's animated adventure "Planet 51."

The Mouse House also has decided to make Isla Fisher-Hugh Dancy romantic comedy "Confessions of a Shopaholic" its 2009 Valentine's Day release, instead of Sandra Bullock-Ryan Reynolds romantic comedy "The Proposal," which will now be released Sept. 25, 2009 vs. Feb. 13, 2009, when "Proposal" debuts.

Disney dated two other films: Sci-fi family adventure-comedy "Race to Witch Mountain," starring Dwayne Johnson, will bow March 13, 2009, while Tim Burton's 3-D remake of "Alice in Wonderland" will unspool a week later on March 19, 2009.

In another tweak, Disney retitled two films: "South of the Border" (Sept. 26) becomes "Beverly Hills Chihuahua," while "High School Musical 3" (Oct. 24) becomes "High School Musical 3: Senior Year."

Meanwhile, Paramount has made an additional tweak on top of last week's changes, moving back D.J. Caruso's Shia LeBeouf thriller "Eagle Eye" one month from Aug. 8 to Sept. 26. That gives Par some breathing room now that it's releasing DreamWorks' Ben Stiller laffer comedy "Tropic Thunder" on Aug. 15.

On the specialty side, the Weinstein Co. announced this week that it will bow 2008 Sundance acquisition "Where in the World Is Osama Bin Laden," the Morgan Spurlock docu generating plenty of buzz, on April 18.

Is Scarlett Johansson shacking up with Ryan Reynolds?

NYDAILY NEWS

Funny, we didn't think they’d have the same sense of humor. Donny Osmond shared a laugh with 'College Road Trip' star Martin Lawrence at the movie's Hollywood premiere. Anzuoni/Reuters

Funny, we didn't think they’d have the same sense of humor. Donny Osmond shared a laugh with 'College Road Trip' star Martin Lawrence at the movie's Hollywood premiere.

Rumor has it that Scarlett Johansson is moving in with beau Ryan Reynolds, much to the ire of her mom.

We hear the buxom blond shlepped her stuff into Reynolds' L.A. pad, but Mama Johansson thinks that at just 23, her baby girl is too young to cohabitate with the 31-year-old Reynolds. Reps for Johansson didn't return calls.

Love on the rocks for Scarlett, Ryan Reynolds?

The Scoop

Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds have been quietly dating for about a year, but reports of their relationship being on the outs are becoming more frequent.

According to the Australian press, “Scarlett and Ryan have hit a rough patch after he dared to broach the subject of marriage and kids. Scarlett is younger and has no desire for a husband or family just yet.”

Also, reports that Johansson moved into Reynolds’ Los Angeles home aren’t true either, according to sources. “Scarlett hasn't moved in full time. She has just moved in so when she stays over she has some belongings there. She is very much focused on her career and is filming three movies back-to-back this year.”

Ryan and ScarJo were lovers, but . . .

By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa | Thursday, April 10, 2008 | http://www.bostonherald.com

Word from spywitnesses is that “The Proposal” star Ryan Reynolds and his galpal, Scarlett Johansson, had a bit of a lovers’ spat in the Financial District the other day.

According to Someone Who Was There, the Tinseltown lovebirds were walking on Arch Street down by the church and having a raaather heated discussion.

“The Ryan guy was clearly being a baby,” said our spy. “She kept grabbing his arm and he’d yank it away and she’d keep saying ‘Ry, come on, Ry. Stop.’

“He kept switching directions on the sidewalk like he wanted her to leave, responding over and over, ‘Roger that!’ - whatever that was supposed to mean.”

The hostilities ceased when the couple noticed that there was a photographer trailing them.

“He grabbed her hand and stormed away,” said our snoop.

Reynolds, of “Definitely, Maybe” fame, is in town filming “The Proposal” with Sandra Bullock and Scarlett Jo was in town visiting him.

And if you believe the tabloids - and who doesn’t - there has been some trouble in lovelyland for the Tinseltown twosome. Word is, the couple is going through “a rough patch,” because Reynolds, 32, wants to tie the knot and his galpal is just 23 and very focused on her career at the mo.

“Scarlett is younger and has no desire for a husband or family just yet,” a source told London’s Daily Mail.

Guess you could say she rejected The Proposal.

BREAKING NEWS: Scarlett Johansson, Ryan Reynolds Engaged

Posted Image

Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds are making it official!

Johansson, 23, and Reynolds, 31, who have been dating since Spring 2007, are engaged, their rep confirms to Usmagazine.com.

Reynolds was engaged to singer Alanis Morissette. They split in February 2007 after four years together.

Johansson was previously dating Josh Hartnett.

In February, it was reported that the actress was seen shopping for wedding dresses at a Monique Lhuillier boutique in L.A. with her mother and sister.

But her rep told Us, "A family member is getting married, not her. She is not engaged."

Morissette Reflects on Breakup With New CD that 'My Humps' video

By RYAN PEARSON AP Entertainment Writer

BURBANK, Calif. June 9, 2008 (AP) The Associated Press

Early last year, the 34-year-old singer-songwriter split with her actor fiance Ryan Reynolds after a 4 1/2-year relationship. And lo, the product of that broken relationship lands on store shelves this week in the form of "Flavors of Entanglement."

Like her Grammy-winning 1995 major label debut "Jagged Little Pill," the new album is at once biting and vulnerable, optimistic and angry. In person, Morissette laughs easily at the creative rush that came as things fell apart with Reynolds, who is now engaged to Scarlett Johansson.

She had us laughing when, seemingly out of the blue, she put a tongue-in-cheek cover of Fergie's "My Humps" up on YouTube in April 2007. It's since been viewed over 13.5 million times.

Morissette sat down with The Associated Press to talk about writing as therapy, Fergie's lyrical gems and Reynolds.

AP: Tell me about the process of recording this album.

Morissette: In the middle of my breakup, I went to London for 12 days, wrote 12 songs. It was all very immediate and visceral. Then I came back to LA and wrote 12 more songs with a gentleman named Guy Sigsworth, whom I adore. So the writing itself was very immediate. Versus my having written in the past retrospectively. It was very in the moment. It was like a little life raft for me. The structure of going in the studio every day was very helpful for me.

AP: It seems like half the album is looking back at your relationship with Ryan and half is these moving-forward songs. Was that intentional?

Morissette: One of the main themes of this record is this recovery, rising up from the ashes so to speak. So it's sort of an unraveling of my own personal life, hitting my own rock bottom and rising up. ... I didn't even realize it while I was writing the record, but it definitely goes through all the stages of grief.

AP: Are you into celebrity gossip?

Morissette: I'm definitely not online or reading those magazines anymore. I used to read them all the time but I think once the tables were turned on me, I stopped reading it. I started to see the nature of it, and I started to see in my case anyway a lot of it was inaccurate. So I stopped reading it, because I thought well if it's that inaccurate about me, it can't be accurate about other people. But every once in a while they nail it on the head. (Laughs.)

Morissette: Guy Sigsworth and I were in the studio, and I was writing the 20th song. The running joke with him was I would come into the studio and he'd say 'What horse from the Apocalypse is coming in today, Alanis?' So that particular day I was like 'God, I wish I could write something really simple.' I said 'A song like 'My Humps' would be great.' So I with him interpreted it on the piano. And then within a week we were recording the video for it with my friends in my garage at my house. ... Whenever a song is slowed down and balladized, as I call it, the lyrics have more of the light shown on it. So I did learn a few things about having to make your man work work, make you work, make you work work work. It's very profound. And true! It works!

AP: Ryan has now moved on. Is that difficult for you? What's your message for him?

Morissette: I have enough distance, so to be perfectly honest I'm not really that focused on it. I wish anyone whom I love, whether I hang out with them or not, great success and love in their life. So — Godspeed.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds Wed!

Friday September 26, 2008

Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds are now husband and wife, her rep has confirmed to Usmagazine.com.

The wedding took place Saturday evening at a remote wilderness resort outside Vancouver. Guests included Scarlett's mother, Melanie Sloan, and her brother, Adrian Johansson.

Johansson, 23, and Reynolds, 31, who had been dating since Spring 2007, announced their engagement on May 5, the day the actress flashed a three-carat diamond ring estimated to be worth about $30,000 at the Met Costume Ball Gala.

See her engagement bling and others.

Johansson has said falling in love has a lot to do with timing.

"You don't always meet the right person at the right time," she told Cosmopolitan.

The actress also clarified her 2006 comments in which she said that people aren't monogamous by nature.

"I believe in finding a soul mate. I've always been in monogamous relationships. I would never want to be in an open one. It'd be too awful."