Sign in to follow this  
Two-Face

Aaron Eckhart

Eckhart joining 'Dark Knight' cast

By Borys Kit

Feb 16, 2007

Aaron Eckhart is in final negotiations to play Harvey Dent/Two Face in "The Dark Knight," Warner Bros. Pictures' sequel to "Batman Begins."

In Batman lore, Dent is the district attorney of Gotham City and an ally of Batman. After half his face is disfigured by acid, Dent becomes the insane crime boss known as Two Face. He chooses to do good or evil by flipping a coin. Tommy Lee Jones played the character in 1995's "Batman Forever."

"Knight" sees Christopher Nolan back in the director's chair with Christian Bale reprising his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman are also returning. Heath Ledger joined the cast last summer, signing up to play the sardonic and murderous villain the Joker.

The script was written by Nolan's brother, Jonathan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. Producing are Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan.

Eckhart is riding high these days thanks to his acclaimed performance in "Thank You for Smoking," which nabbed him Golden Globe and Spirit Award nominations. He next stars opposite Catherine Zeta-Jones in "No Reservations," the U.S. remake of the 2001 German feature "Mostly Martha." The film will be released by Warners in July. He is also starring in the "Untitled Alan Ball Project," Ball's directorial debut.

Advertisement

Eckhart is repped by CAA and Hirsch, Wallerstein, Hayum, Matlof & Fishman

Molly Sims and Aaron Eckhart — New Couple Alert?

MOLLY Sims has a new man in her life — actor Aaron Eckhart, according to reports.

The pair — who shared an intimate dinner at Sullivan’s Steakhouse in Baton Rouge last week — have been quietly dating for a few weeks, People magazine reports.

Model-turned-actress Sims recently gushed to friends that, “Aaron’s a great guy!”

Eckhart has previously been engaged to actress Emily Cline, whom he met in 1997’s In the Company of Men. The pair split in 1998.

Most recently, he dated Kristyn Osborn of the country group SHeDAISY. He appears in the group’s video I’m Taking the Wheel.

Sims was most recently linked to real estate developer Jeffrey Soffer of Fontainebleau Resorts.

Source showbizspy.com

Aaron Eckhart Considers Career Change

Aaron Eckhart is "obsessed" with photography.

The 'Dark Knight' star - who recently shot a campaign for close friend Molly Sims' jewellery line Grayce the Collection - says his new hobby is taking over his life and he would even consider abandoning acting in order to concentrate on his passion full-time.

He said: "I'm obsessed with it - it's all I do. That's really the only thing I think about.

"Will I turn professional? I will if somebody asks me. Hopefully I'll do exhibitions and all that sort of stuff. I'm really just a photography geek. I just love to shoot."

However, despite shooting a fashion campaign, Aaron insists his photography passion lies mostly with human stories and portraits.

He explained to People magazine: "Straight-up fashion photography in the studio - that's not what I necessarily aspire to, you know? I like to be outside, on location, making up stories. That's where my acting comes in."

Aaron's most recent film work was on 'The Rum Diary' with Johnny Depp, though he is unsure why the film - based on the work of journalist Hunter S. Thompson - still has no release date.

He said recently: "I don't know where they're at. I think they're trying to get into Cannes, maybe.

"It hasn't even been a year yet, so I don't think there are any problems. It's one of those movies where, you know - this is Johnny's pet project, it's his baby. So I think he's going to take his time and release it in the proper place. I think it'll do good, I really do. Johnny's absolutely wonderful in it."

Source contactmusic