Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Ryan Phillippe

Reese Witherspoon's Son Gets Job Offer

By Stephen M. Silverman

Having famous parents sure can be helpful to one's career. Just ask Deacon Witherspoon.

Though only 4, the son of Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe (his folks are divorced) has a job all lined up for himself now that his mom reportedly told Britain's Daily Express that she and Phillippe aren't anxious for the boy, or even his older sister, to go into showbiz.

"He wants to be a pizza delivery boy," the Walk the Line Oscar winner, 31, is quoted as telling the paper. "Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's hard to see how it could be a career as such."

Have no fear, Reese, the Pizza Hut people are assuring the concerned mom. They have a job waiting for Deacon. And not just a job, they say in an open letter to the child made public by Extra. But an entire career.

Several Years to Go Yet

"Dear Deacon," writes Sandi Karrmann, identified as the "Chief People Officer" for the pizza chain, "We recently heard that you want to be a pizza delivery driver when you grow up. How wonderful! You've got several years to go before you can join our team, but in the meantime we're sending you a few things, so that you can practice."

The company's gifts to the boy include a Pizza Hut uniform "that's just your size," writes Karrmann, who also sent a mini-delivery car "for you to polish your driving skills," as well as gift cards for Pizza Hut pizzas.

Also included: encouragement. "We have delivery drivers who have worked for us for 10, 15, even 20 years!" says the letter. "And the same Pizza Hut drivers who deliver hot, fresh pizzas right to your door have gone on to become successful business, doctors, lawyers and, yes, actors."

In closing, Karrmann advises, "Deacon, keep on dreaming big and know that we're saving a spot for you on our team."

As for Witherspoon and Phillippe's other child, 8-year-old Ava, her mother is quoted in the Express as saying, "My daughter wants to be a scientist, but they are both at the stage where it changes from one week to the next. 
Neither has said they want to be actors, but you never know."

Ryan Phillippe: I Would Wake Up and Cry and Vomit

Posted Image

Ryan Phillipe and his children — Ava, 8, and pizza delivery boy Deacon, 4 — arrive at LAX airport in Los Angeles Monday evening after a trip to Philadelphia.

The father-of-two recently sat down for an interview with new magazine Man About Town. Here are some interview snippets:

On being a mess after his divorce from Reese Witherspoon: “After the divorce I was a physical wreck. I wanted to die. I was ready to kill myself. I was not taking care of myself at all. I would wake up and cry and vomit.”

On using his past experiences to now cry on demand: “Now, it’s f–king easy. When I was younger, I didn’t have enough to cry about. But since I’ve had kids, I feel my work has become better, because my life is fuller and more complicated, and I’ve experienced so many highs and lows.”

On why you won’t see him doing any endorsement deals in the near future: “If I see actors doing commercials, such as Catherine Zeta-Jones in the T-Mobile ads now, when I see her in a movie, it’s hard to disassociate the two.”

On Elizabeth Taylor and Elton John, who once took him out for tea: “I was sitting there looking at them interact, and I’m thinking, These people have raised millions of dollars to save people. The potential power of celebrity is astounding.”

Be sure to check out the photo spread of Ryan Phillippe in Man About Town.

Ryan miserable without Reese

Despite rumors of an adulterous fling with Australian actress Abbie Cornish, Ryan Phillippe claims his 2006 split from Reese Witherspoon nearly destroyed him.

“After the divorce, I was a physical wreck,” Ryan recently told U.K. magazine Man About Town. In a portion of the interview posted on the US Weekly Web site, the actor confessed, “I wanted to die. I was ready to kill myself. I was not taking care of myself at all. I would wake up and cry and vomit.”

On the upside, Ryan found that the harrowing end of his 7-year marriage (which produced two children) improved his acting. “When I was younger, I didn’t have enough to cry about,” Ryan said. “But since I’ve had kids, I feel my work has become better, because my life is fuller and more complicated, and I’ve experienced so many highs and lows.”

Look for Ryan’s finely honed acting abilities in March, when he stars with the above-mentioned Abbie in the film “Stop Loss.”

I can't believe how much the little girl looks just like her mother.

Abbie does look similar to Reese but younger and...softer.

Nice to see that Ryan isn't alone and miserable as the tabloids would depict him while Jeese are violently in love and the personification of all that is wonderfully romantic and hetero :rolleyes: in the PR world.

Seeing these pics, Gyllenspoon suddenly made so much more sense. Revenge "happiness" is so Reese's style. And I'm sure she wanted to have the groundwork publically laid before Ryan and Abbie became public knowledge. Very "I moved on first, so there!"

I actually do like Reese, I just definitely think appearances mean a lot to her, and there's no way she wants to be Jennifer Aniston, getting dozens of "How is Reese Coping?" covers.

Abbie needs to hem her pants. What a slob.

Well...maybe they are balancing each other. Because it appears that little Ava preparing for a flood...her pants are kinda high. And she does look like Reese...so she probably needs to wear that hair down in front of that forehead. I wonder how Reese feels about these photos of the other woman with the kid. :huh:

When you go on a PR 'love' tour, you lose the right to state what your ex should be doing in his love life.

Though Jeese should try studying these pictures. That's what real chemistry looks like.

It's official: Cornish is Ryan Phillippe's dear Abbie

She's not the other woman anymore!

Ryan Phillippe and Australian actress Abbie Cornish are ready to let the world know they're a couple.

A fling during filming of their movie "Stop Loss" - which Cornish denied at the time - was widely credited with ending his seven-year marriage to Reese Witherspoon.

But pictures snapped last week at a friend's house in Beverly Hills (and published in Thursday's print edition of the Daily News) show the two are definitely joined at the hip.

"They are a real couple," a source close to the pair tells Gatecrasher. "[The relationship] has really grown. She's spending time with his kids [Ava, 8, and Deacon, 4] - it's not like she's on the side. She's part of the family."

The toothsome twosome were spotted getting Starbucks coffee together and driving on the Pacific Coast Highway on Friday before Phillippe picked up the kids from school. And on Sunday, the four of them went shopping for Christmas decorations.

"Ava seemed very comfortable with Abbie," a witness told Us Weekly. "Ava picked a wreath, and Abbie put it around her head as a joke. They both were laughing."

Another source tells us: "Going out together and leaking a few photos is their discreet way of letting the public know it's official. It's not like you can send out a press release about these things.

nydailynews.com

KEEP THOSE STARS SEPARATE

RED-carpet strategies are being devised for "Stop-Loss," the war drama being released March 28 starring Ryan Phillippe and Aussie beauty Abbie Cornish. Rumors of romance between the co-stars swirled in the fall of 2006, when Phillippe split from Oscar-winning sweetheart Reese Witherspoon. Cornish was blamed for coming between the golden couple, which has two children together. Phillippe and Cornish hid from the press at the time of the high-profile Hollywood breakup, with Cornish skipping some red-carpet interviews for her 2006 release, "Candy." Now, according to an insider, "Stop-Loss" distributor Paramount is hatching plans so promotional appearances focus on the movie and not on Phillippe's cheating or Cornish's home wrecking. "Ryan and Abbie are definitely together," a source said, "but they don't want to have a big show walking down the carpet together." A different LA source claims neither star cares about the promotional strategy. Reps for Phillippe, Cornish and Paramount could not be reached.

Sexy Celebs Not Selling Movie Tickets

AOL

(Feb. 4) -- It wasn't long ago that an actress or actor with major sex appeal was enough to guarantee a decent turnout at the box office.

Those days, it seems, are over. Whether it's Eva Longoria, Jessica Simpson, Jessica Alba or even their male counterparts like Ryan Phillippe, movie fans just arent dishing out cash to see bodies on the big screen.

This past weekend, Alba's 'The Eye' took in just $13 million, which, depending how you look at it, is either good or bad. It could be viewed as good, being that it came in second place and already made more than Alba's last movie ('Awake'), but on the negative side, $13M is quite low for a debut with an A-lister like Alba.

Eva Longoria has seen television success, but that didn't add up to big screen bounty. Longoria's movie debut in 'Over Her Dead Body' finished in 11th place in its opening week, making less than $5M.

It's an epidemic that's been hitting Hollywood hard lately. Lindsay Lohan is no longer a sure bet, as her 'I Know Who Killed Me' bombed in box offices around the country. Even Hollywood's hunky men aren't pulling like they used to, with Orlando Bloom, Ryan Phillippe and others all seeing less-than-stellar returns in theaters lately.

Ryan Phillippe thinks he understands our interest in his 2006 breakup with Reese Witherspoon. At least, that's what he says in the new issue of W.

"People want answers," he says of his divorce. "But I think sometimes they wouldn’t be happy with what the answers would be." The split, he goes on to say, was “as typical as any relationship that doesn’t work. It’s far more complicated and far less interesting than it’s made out to be."

Oh, Ryan, you underestimate our fascination with the mundane details of celebrity living. If you got divorced for not taking out the trash, we wanna know about it.

Plus, your reluctance to go into detail makes us question your defense of the so-called other woman, Abbie Cornish:

It was unfair for her to be called the names that she was, because it wasn’t about that. I don’t think an outside person can ever cause a divorce. I had difficulties in my relationship, and in my marriage, long before I ever met her.

See, that wasn't too tough to explain, was it?

So, how about telling us whether the two of you are currently dating?

She and I are close friends, and as far as if there is any future, that is not where we are at now...That is what other people like to say or like to assume. As far as I’m concerned, it’s a friendship, and we are getting to know each other in a really difficult situation.

We're going to take that as a yes. Unless you wanna call and tell us otherwise?

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/hum/index.js...c5-992a4ec16e75

Ryan Phillippe Wears a Barack Obama Shirt

Friday February 22, 2008

Ryan Phillippe has made up his mind: he's supporting Barack Obama for president.

The 33-year-old actor wore a t-shirt with an image of Obama and the word "progress" on it in L.A. Thursday.

Phillippe's ex-wife Reese Witherspoon has previously spoken about her enthusiasm for Hillary Clinton.

"Hillary Clinton being a frontrunner is a marked step for women in this country, and one which I talk about with my daughter frequently," she has said. "It's an exciting time and an exciting presidential race I think. There's a lot of interesting candidates who could possible change the course of American history."

Ryan Phillippe Actually Smiles Now

Posted Image

Aww, now that's a sweet face. Ryan Phillippe is riding high during the promotion of his latest film, "Stop Loss," seeming worlds away from the dark days of when he was going through his divorce from Reese Witherspoon. Now, he's looking pretty and wearing a smile on his face here at MuchMusic with his "Stop Loss" co-star Victor Rasuk.

The shift from sulky Ryan to the Zen-looking actor we see before is a process that took years. Remember how surly he always looked at press events or red-carpet photo-ops? It looks like he's done with all that mess. In the spirit of starting new relationships, he's also changed representation, leaving UTA for Endeavor. I almost feel like in his head, he's singing, "A whole new wooooooorld..."

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Ryan Phillippe Doesn't Need Fancy Shopping With Jake Gyllenhaal To Make Him Happy

Posted Image

Ryan Phillipe might be my favorite celebrity Dad. He's always taking his kids places. A lot of Dads would be like, I'm trying to read this script, shuddup! Here's Ryan with kids Ava and Deacon at Big Bear in California. Ryan looks all wistful like, this is what life's all about. Watching my kids playing with rocks on a nice day. His ex-wife's running around NYC, dressed in black and looking all subservient to Jake Gyllenhaal but he likes the simpler things.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Ryan Takes His Little Bears to Big Bear

While Reese hopped from LA to NYC with Jake, Ryan Phillippe spent his weekend with the kids playing in the mountains at Big Bear in California. I know, I know needless to say, but how adorable are Deacon and Ava? — love them. The trio played around in the snow and climbed on the rocks while Ryan snapped photos with his iPhone. With Stop Loss just a few weeks away, we should be seeing a lot of Ryan (and, um, Abbie) on the red carpet together. Even if that reminds us of things we don't love about Ryan, anytime he's back with the kids totally makes up for it.

Posted Image

Okay, I hate Reese and Ryan can be a whiny little bitch but the tabs are being unfair. He's a good father, always has been. While he has the kids, she can go do photo-ops in NYC with Jakey or whatever the fuck else she wants to do. She's hardly Nicole Richie and he's hardly.... I can't think of a really absent father because people pay less attention to absent fathering but I know he's out there being absent somewhere.

PR manipulations aside, Witherspoon and Phillippe have been consistently hands-on parents.

Okay, I hate Reese and Ryan can be a whiny little bitch but the tabs are being unfair. He's a good father, always has been. While he has the kids, she can go do photo-ops in NYC with Jakey or whatever the fuck else she wants to do. She's hardly Nicole Richie and he's hardly.... I can't think of a really absent father because people pay less attention to absent fathering but I know he's out there being absent somewhere.

PR manipulations aside, Witherspoon and Phillippe have been consistently hands-on parents.

Ever notice how happy and relaxed his daughter is with him and how tense she is with her mother?

Ever notice how happy and relaxed his daughter is with him and how tense she is with her mother?

Yup. I wonder if this is because of Reese as a mother or because of Reese as the celebrity, meaning her being tense or pretending to be tense around paps, which would cause her children to be nervous when they're out with her in public.