princess

Prince

Prince 'Owes Over $500k In Taxes'

Prince reportedly owes $506,000 (£340,000) in outstanding taxes.

The 'Purple Rain' singer, who owns companies PRN Music Corporation and Paisley Park Enterprises Inc, is believed to owe the sum in delinquent property taxes to the state of Minnesota.

The 51-year-old allegedly has until the end of next month to file an objection to the amount and has until 2013 to pay off the debt.

A Carver County tax manager recently revealed that Prince was late in paying taxes in both 2006 and 2008.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Is anyone else a little skeptical? He is so private, I could see him faking his death so he can escape the world.

If I am wrong - which I most likely am, peace be with him.

Edited by branchop

Greatest thing about him is that he was always willing to share his love of music with anyone. I heard he wrote and gave "Just Another Manic Monday" song to the Bengels. He heard their first album and told them they would be super famous if they had the right song, and gave them Manic Monday for their second album.

• Like 1

TMZ

Prince was treated for a drug overdose 6 days before his death ... multiple sources tell TMZ.

We broke the story ... Prince's private jet made an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois last Friday, hours after he performed in Atlanta. At the time his reps said he was battling the flu ... something we questioned because his plane was only 48 minutes from home before the unscheduled landing.

Multiple sources in Moline tell us, Prince was rushed to a hospital and doctors gave him a "save shot" ... typically administered to counteract the effects of an opiate.

Our sources further say doctors advised Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours. His people demanded a private room, and when they were told that wasn't possible ... Prince and co. decided to bail. The singer was released 3 hours after arriving and flew home.

We're told when Prince left he "was not doing well."

We know authorities in Minnesota are trying to get the hospital records from Moline to help determine cause of death.

We have made more than a dozen attempts to reach Prince's reps for comment, but they went radio silent.

:huh:

Not even going to bother putting in BI Forum:

Controlling The Health Narrative

April 22, 2016

[Blind Gossip]

While the subject of a celebrity’s health may be distasteful to fans who simply want to remember them as an artist, they are not the only people that matter here.

There are people whose job it is to protect the hundreds of millions of dollars at stake, and they don’t have the luxury of just hanging back for a few weeks. They know that the money depends on the legacy… and that the legacy has to be managed aggressively.

The family understands this, too. Lest you think any of them are shocked by this, they are definitely NOT. They have have known about the celebrity’s medical issues for YEARS, and they knew that his health was waning. They also know what substances he was taking… and that the inclusion of those substances in official legal reports will likely tip off the public to the celebrity’s health issues.

Thus, the family and the celebrity’s team has a serious decision to make. Do they tell the world about the real state of the celebrity’s health, or do they leave it up to law enforcement? And if they do talk, exactly how much should they disclose?

These are difficult decisions – and the family is understandably emotional right now – but they are in complete agreement with the business team that they should “control the narrative.”

There are four people who will be making the decisions together about the narrative, one of whom is a female family member.

Control the narrative. Preserve the legacy.

Similar: Another Celebrity Has AIDS

The Artist:

[Optional] Do you think that disclosing the full truth will tarnish the celebrity’s legacy?

It's going to be interesting to see how this will play out. I'm saying accidental overdose due to percocet....prescribed for intractable pain from hip/knee/ankle issues. But even if he had AIDS, it won't have to come out because it won't be the actual cause of death.

• Like 2

It's going to be interesting to see how this will play out. I'm saying accidental overdose due to percocet....prescribed for intractable pain from hip/knee/ankle issues. But even if he had AIDS, it won't have to come out because it won't be the actual cause of death.

It's my understanding that some of the physical symptoms of the flu can make your reaction to opioids, even ones you take normally, very dangerous. The narrative can very easily be spun that he didn't know how his flu-ridden body would respond to the Percocet and thus accidentally overdosed. Now, I'm not a medical professional so I don't know if that's really true, that's just a fact I had picked up somewhere along the way.

Edited by dixiedoodah

Honestly, I really don't care what the cause of death was. It's really none of my business and it's not going to change the fact that he's gone and isn't coming back. I'm just happy and thankful that he left such a wonderful legacy in the form of his music, his quiet philanthropy, and the video of him kicking Kim Kardashian off of his stage.

• Like 5

Honestly, I really don't care what the cause of death was. It's really none of my business and it's not going to change the fact that he's gone and isn't coming back. I'm just happy and thankful that he left such a wonderful legacy in the form of his music, his quiet philanthropy, and the video of him kicking Kim Kardashian off of his stage.

Agree!

Though in a related note, AIDS is still really stigmatized globally, so I'd hate to think if it was, or even if the rumors hurt his legacy, or if there's backlash about the rumors to protect his image or any of that. I wish AIDS didn't have that stigma.

Prince Rogers Nelson was a singer, songwriter, musician, actor, philanthropist, producer...we could go on and on. Agree with you Maxie, it is none of my business, none of anyone's business. My regret, I never saw him perform live.

TMZ

Authorities have obtained a search warrant for Prince's house, and in the docs there's an ominous warning ... if the justification for the warrant gets out it could cause others to destroy evidence.

The warrant was issued Thursday in Carver County, Minnesota, allowing cops to search the home in Paisley Park Studios, where the singer lived and died. Our sources say authorities want to see if there's evidence of drugs, correspondence, prescriptions and medical information that could help in the death investigation.

The sheriff's office says in the request for a warrant ... they want to keep the information in the warrant confidential because "premature disclosure of the details provided in the search warrant and its accompanying documents may compromise this law enforcement investigation by causing the search or related searches to be unsuccessful."

Translation ... we know authorities are interested in drugs that were prescribed by doctors and filled by pharmacies, and they don't want evidence tampering.

TMZ broke the story ... our Prince sources say it was known among close friends and family ... he had a Percocet addiction for years.

The judge ordered that the sensitive documents be sealed for 6 months or until the commencement of any criminal case.

There is a rumor going around that he had enough material prerecorded for 10 albums -- further rumor, he wanted his masters destroyed after his death.

I kind of believe this -- he fought a very long expensive battle to get control and ownership of his masters back, and I can see that he would not like the idea of his music selling product the way the Beatles (for example) catalog has been used by advertisers.

It will be interesting to see how his estate his handled, his sister went to court to have an administrator appointed to handle the day to day Prince business.

On a much lighter note -- you all need to youtube Jimmy Fallon's story about when he was summoned invited to play ping pong with Prince. Its hysterical.

Edited by tyler
  • Like 1

I see all these stories coming out about Prince's son. If he knew he had a son but didn't want the world to know, not having a will would mean he wouldn't have to declare a son exists, but in MN he would be sure to inherit everything. Could be a reason why he didn't have a will?? And set up his primary residence in MN? He was always very private, makes more sense to me than he just didn't bother making one because he thought he would never die....

I see all these stories coming out about Prince's son. If he knew he had a son but didn't want the world to know, not having a will would mean he wouldn't have to declare a son exists, but in MN he would be sure to inherit everything. Could be a reason why he didn't have a will?? And set up his primary residence in MN? He was always very private, makes more sense to me than he just didn't bother making one because he thought he would never die....

I see the point, however if his son can prove up paternity, it will come out anyway, and the son inherits everything.

On a side note, I think it would look pretty shabby of him not to acknowledge his son -- or any other family member.

I love how all these heretofore unknown relatives come out after death and smell blood in the water. :rolleyes:

Edited by tyler

Working from home today and watching the Prince/SNL tribute (they spliced all his SNL appearances together) Since I wasn't watching SNL during most of the past 20 years, these are all new to me. Wow.

• Like 1