princess

Prince

people.comBefore Prince went onstage before 1,200 fans at Miami club Mansion – where he played new songs along with Purple Rain-era hits and a cover of Janet Jackson's "What Have You Done for Me Lately?" – he spent the previous night at hot spot Prive with his newest protégée, Tamar. And he had some unusual requests. First he had the staff close all the vents in the VIP section because he was chilly. Then he ordered three bottles of port wine – telling his server he needed a straw so he wouldn't stain his teeth. The royal treatment continued the next night after his concert, when Mansion set up its exclusive upstairs room Level Six for him for the first time since the club opened a year and half ago. But for Prince it was all old hat: The room used to be his private lair in the '90s when he owned the nightclub in its former life as Glam Slam.

EOnline.comPURPLE REIGN: Prince's latest album, 3121, debuting atop the Billboard charts this week, selling 183,000 copies. It's his first number one record since 1991's Diamonds and Pearls and the fourth overall in his career.

NY Daily NewsPrince dancer's misstep?Prince might want to consider giving his backup dancers a raise, as police say one of them has been trying to supplement her income by smuggling cocaine.Cecilia Maximilia was arrested April 17 with a whopping 44 pounds of the drug. The British dancer was picked up by police at the airport in Rio de Janeiro, where she was scheduled to take an Air France flight to Paris. She was nabbed with Jennifer Salgnac, each of whom carried three bags transporting the drugs, according to authorities. X-ray machines detected the coke, wrapped in packages hidden in the luggage under false bottoms, police say. I wonder if the suitcases (hint, hint) were Versace.

Posted Image

Flanked by backup dancers The Twinz, Prince plays host at a party for the winners of his 3121 Purple Ticket Contest. His Purpleness hid 18 tickets, Willy Wonka-style, in copies of his new CD, and invited the lucky winners to mingle with pals such as Bruce Willis and Sharon Stone at his West Hollywood home.

Someone posted on the Vegas board I moderate that he's doing a big 3121 thing in Vegas--renaming the club in honor of the album, and charging $312.10 for tickets. Yikes, and I thought Madonna and the Stones were expensive.....

people.com

Prince's Purple Reign

So many stars turned out for Prince's 3121 party, we had to wonder: How did all of Hollywood fit into one place? Jude Law hung out with pals in a booth brought in for the occasion, Bruce Willis canoodled with an attractive brunette, Jessica Alba and beau Cash Warren held hands and cuddled, and Jada Pinkett Smith and Thandie Newton danced to Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop."

The high-wattage guest list – including Sharon Stone, Angela Bassett, Ziyi Zhang and Tricia Yearwood – got a special treat when The Purple One took the stage for two sets: First, Prince backed up his protégé, singer Tamar, on guitar for her pre-midnight show. Then after 1 a.m., he played his own music for almost two hours, including new songs ("3121") and old hits ("Purple Rain"). All the while, partygoers at his Hollywood Hills home feasted on sushi, mini-quiches, tuna tartare, raspberry sorbet with chocolate cookies, and star-shaped sugar cookies frosted in – what else? – purple.

I would LOVE to see him play sometime.

EOnline.comDOT COMMENDABLE: Prince being honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award at 10th Annual Webby Awards for his use of the Internet to release his music and connect with fans. What can we say--he would die 4 url.

I've seen him 3 times - he rules! I could bring even non-fans (and I have) and they are blown away by him. So awesome!

Posted Image

Prince rocks the house at the 10th annual Webby Awards in New York City on Monday. The musician was honored with a lifetime achievement award for his "visionary" use of the Internet, including being the first major artist to release an entire album – 1997's Crystal Ball – exclusively on the Web.

I was a huge Prince fan back in the day and then he sort of got crazy and his music started to suck. I am so excited that it looks like the old Prince is BACK! I haven't heard the whole album yet but his appearances on Idol and SNL were great and reminded me of the old Prince I used to love so I just downloaded a couple of the new songs from Itunes. I think his single is great and he's looking well - I'm happy to see him back to his old self (mostly, or so it would seem)

Here's the video to one of his singles:

http://www.jalive.com.jm/showvid.asp?strmA...e=Black%20Sweat

Do you guys also remember when he found Jesus and announced that he was not going to be singing any of his "dirty" songs in concert anymore?Is he still doing that? Cuz I would love to go see him but if he isn't singing the dirty ones I ain't going :) (also, how many songs would he have left to sing without the dirty ones? like, three??)

Do you guys also remember when he found Jesus and announced that he was not going to be singing any of his "dirty" songs in concert anymore?Is he still doing that? Cuz I would love to go see him but if he isn't singing the dirty ones I ain't going :) (also, how many songs would he have left to sing without the dirty ones? like, three??)

I heard that he a Jehovah's Witness. I don't know if he still is.

Do you guys also remember when he found Jesus and announced that he was not going to be singing any of his "dirty" songs in concert anymore?

Is he still doing that? Cuz I would love to go see him but if he isn't singing the dirty ones I ain't going :)

(also, how many songs would he have left to sing without the dirty ones? like, three??)

I saw him in concert in 2004--and yes, he did not sing any of his dirty songs as I recall. :(

In fact, when he sang Little Red Corvette--Prince pointed to the audience and let the crowd sing the part about the girl’s stash of used condoms- :D. I was hoping he'd sing Erotic City, Cream, Do Me Baby among others. Believe it or not that concert was about 2 1/2 hours long and he did jam pack it with songs, some from his then released CD Musciology, but there were plenty of old school Prince songs; Let's Go Crazy, I Would Die 4 U, When Doves Cry, Controversy, Nothing Compares 2 U, Purple Rain. I thought he put on a fantastic show..and I would definitely see him again.

Posted Image

Prince looks for some crowd appreciation Friday during ABC's Good Morning America summer concert series in New York City.

Prince & His Wife Are Divorcing

WEDNESDAY JULY 26, 2006 07:20PM EST

people.com

Posted Image

Testolini Nelson and Prince

Photo by: George Pimentel / WireImage

Prince and wife Manuela Testolini Nelson are divorcing, PEOPLE has learned.

Alan Eidsness, the lawyer representing Prince, confirms that a divorce action was filed at Minnesota's Hennepin County District Court on May 24. The documents are sealed. The story was first reported by the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Prince (full name: Prince Rogers Nelson), 48, and Testolini Nelson, 29, a former employee at Prince's charitable foundation, were married in 2001. She took her husband's last name.

Testolini Nelson, a Toronto native, is the founder and president of Gamillah, Inc., which operates, among other ventures, a production company and a line of designer candles. She is also involved with nonprofits including YouthCARE and United Communities Against Poverty.

Prince, who is working on a follow-up to his critically acclaimed 2006 album 3121, was previously married to backup singer and dancer Mayte Garcia from 1996 through 1998, when their union was annulled.

Reps for Testolini Nelson had no comment; Prince could not be reached.

ITALIAN ROYALTY

Prince and his companions keep themselves shaded from the intense glamour of the Donatella Versace spring/summer 2007 show in Milan on Friday. The musician, who was a front-row guest of honor, also performed at the designer's afterparty.

Posted Image

PRINCELY REWARD

Page Six

October 3, 2006 -- A GAGGLE of princes showed up at Pink Elephant over the weekend and had their waitresses bowing down to them after leaving extravagant tips. Several from the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia crowded one table and ordered an $8,000 bottle of Cristal - on which they left a hefty $2,000 tip. Meanwhile, Prince the musician strolled in with a female pal and a bodyguard and "left a huge 100 percent tip on their large tab," said our spy.

It's Official: Prince Sets Up Shop in Vegas

Posted Nov 1st 2006 1:32PM by TMZ Staff

Posted Image

TMZ can now confirm the Internet rumors are true: Prince will be moving into the Rio hotel in Las Vegas.

Prince will play Friday and Saturday nights at 3121, the club formerly known as Club Rio, beginning November 10. Tickets for Prince's shows will run $125. Shows on Wednesday night will feature guest performances by friends of Prince, while Thursday nights will be 3121 Latin Labido Night. Tickets for those two nights will be $31.21.

In addition to the $125 cover, patrons have the option of a special dinner and show package available for $312.10 per person: minimum of two guests; includes dinner at 3121 Jazz Cuisine, VIP tickets to the performance, and one bottle with table service per two guests.

In addition to the new club, a restaurant will open called 3121 Jazz Cuisine featuring a brand new menu created by Executive Chef Lena Morgan.

A source also tells us that Prince is staying in the Palazzo Suites at the Rio -- the hotel's VIP suites and a favorite of stars like Elton John.

Tickets can be ordered at the Rio Box Office at 702-777-7776, at any Ticketmaster outlet or by visiting www.vegas.com. Tickets will go on sale this week.

Totally - I've seen Prince 4x and he has never let me down! I went on the ticketmaster web site and they only list 2 dates 11/10 and 11/11 and vegas.com I didn't find a listing. I hope he plays for a while - I go to Vegas for business every February!