princess

Natalie Portman

Portman Romancing Bernal

imdb.com

Star Wars beauty Natalie Portman has embarked on a romance with Mexican screen hunk Gael Garcia Bernal. Israeli-born Portman, 22, and 25-year-old Y Tu Mama Tambien star Bernal have been spotted out and about on intimate dates in New York in recent weeks. The pair met at an Academy Awards after-party in March, and have since stepped out together at other high-profile events, such as last month's 41St Annual New York Film Festival. Pals claims Bernal is even making plans to move into the New York home of Harvard University graduate Portman.

Zap2It.com gossip

While Natalie Portman's ("Developing") taste in men is sometimes questionable (anyone remember Moby?), there's no doubt that her latest flame is one of the hottest young actors around -- "Y Tu Mama Tambien's" Gael Garcia Bernal ("Amores Perros"). The two have been spotted out on intimate dates in New York in recent weeks, according to IMDB News. The story is, the pair met at an Academy Awards after party last March and have since appeared together at other high-profile events, such as last month's 41st Annual New York Film Festival. Friends even claim that Bernal is planning on moving to New York to be closer to the "Star Wars" beauty.

She dated Moby?!?!?!

Posted Image

WHAT ABOUT BOB?: Natalie Portman stops us in our tracks when she arrives at the Los Angeles premiere of Cold Mountain with her usually long locks cut into a flapper-esque bob and wearing a '20s-style drop-waisted dress with a modern twist.

(Chris Weeks/FilmMagic.com)

Portman and Bernal Enjoy Smoochy Meal

imdb.com

Star Wars beauty Natalie Portman and Mexican hunk Gael Garcia Bernal enjoyed a romantic Valentine's Day meal together - and didn't care who spotted them getting intimate. Portman, 22, and the 25-year-old Y Tu Mama Tambien star made no secret of their mutual affection as they sat holding hands and frequently shared passionate kisses during their date at east London's trendy Real Greek restaurant. Prompt Portman waited patiently at the bar for Bernal to arrive for a double date, which they spent with another equally loved-up couple. An onlooker says, "Natalie and Gael were very intimate - touching each other and kissing in full view of everyone. They're definitely an item. Natalie arrived first and was at the bar by herself for a while waiting for the others to turn up - they had a double date with another couple. They all ended up having a few bottles or red wine and stayed late." Portman and Bernal met at an Academy Awards after party in March last year and they have since been spotted together, but have refused to comment on any possible relationship.

Oh dear, what happened?!?!?

Posted Image

NATALIE'S NO-NO: Natalie Portman must have had her head in the clouds when she dressed for a screening of the classic film Camille in New York. The usually sophisticated Star Wars actress inexplicably wears a blue printed miniskirt, a sheer black top and the ultimate fashion no-no: black tights with open-toed sandals.

(Sylvain Gaboury/DMI)

people.comSightingsNatalie Portman, on the dance floor at New York hotspot Crobar for a party celebrating OutKast's sale of 10 million copies of their double album Speakerboxx/The Love Below. Beyonce and Jay-Z were there as well, but sat quietly in the corner for much of the evening.

Zap2it.com gossipAlso no longer together are Natalie Portman and Gael Garcia Bernal, who have been dating ever since they first met at a post-Oscar party in 2003. Friends say the romance ended in early May.

Posted Image

Council of Fashion Designers of America Awards

Zac Posen, who at 23 was the winner of Swarovski's Perry Ellis award for emerging talent, parties with muse Natalie Portman at a post-awards soiree he threw with Sean Combs at New York nightclub Marquee. "Zac's clothes are classical and elegant but also made for young people," Portman has said.

'STALKER' ASKS: WHO'S NATALIE?

Page Six

DON'T hang around near Natalie Portman's summer hideaway in Sea Cliff, L.I., if you know what's good for you.

Last Saturday, someone inside Portman's pad called 911 to report a suspicious person, the latest of several calls summoning police to the house, according to a neighbor. Two cop cars showed up to interrogate the man who'd been sitting on a curb, reading a book and drinking a cup of tea.

But the suspected "stalker" turned out to be 21-year-old Antwone LeGarde ? a French-born college student staying with his girlfriend's family down the street. LeGarde had never even heard of the 23-year-old "Star Wars" actress.

"The police officers were laughing about it," said Daniel Haim , whose parents own the house where LeGarde was staying. "They said, 'This is the third or fourth time she's done this.' Every time someone comes near her house, she thinks they're stalking her. It's a little strange."

Haim, formerly a lieutenant in Sea Cliff's fire department, added, "[Antwone] didn't even know who she was. He was sitting on curb overlooking the beach reading a book . . . I guess she's above calling to apologize."

Portman's lawyer, Marty Singer, confirmed that Portman's mother, Shelly , called 911 on Saturday. But he would not comment when we asked him about earlier calls to the tiny town's police force, other than to say, "Natalie has never called the police. She didn't know anything about it. There was a young person sitting near their property for a very long period of time. Her mother called 911. She never used the word, 'stalker.' "

But LeGarde remembers the incident differently: "I was sitting on the sidewalk, reading 'The Alchemist,' and apparently it was near the corner of her house. The police show up and they asked me for my ID and ran a check in their car. I asked, 'Is it a crime to read a book now?'

"And one of the officers said, 'Natalie Portman called because she was afraid you were a stalker.' The name didn't register with me. Then they went to my girlfriend's parents house and interviewed them about me, to see if I was telling the truth. I found it a little excessive, but I guess it's a good story to tell my friends."

A spokeswoman for the Nassau County Police Dept. declined to comment about any 911 calls emanating from Portman's pad.

SEXY NATALIE NATURALLY BEAUTIFUL

NY Post

Natalie Portman is all grown up and she's not afraid to show it. The winsome 23-year-old waif flaunts her sexy side as she graces the cover of July's Interview magazine, which hits stands tomorrow. In a series of seductive shots, she puts her innocent image to bed and discusses the transition from child star to sex symbol. "It's gross to see someone you know from some kitty-cat movie suddenly kissing," she says. We beg to differ. Natalie next appears in the R-rated comedy "Garden State," due out July 30th.

Portman Readies for Re-Shoots of Third 'Star Wars'Tue, Jul 20, 2004, 10:07 AM PTBy Mike SzymanskiLOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) -- Natalie Portman says she's planning to do re-shoots for the third "Star Wars" movie beginning next month in London.The actress, who portrays Padme, the wife of the future Darth Vader and mother to Luke Skywalker, says she'll be happy to start a new project after finishing the yet-untitled third part of the six "Star Wars" films by George Lucas."It's been like 10 years of my life from when I signed on to when it finally will come out," Portman says. "And being 23, that's really significant obviously. I mean, it is a huge portion of my life and I've met some amazing people and it's been a really unique experience. So obviously, I look back on it and it obviously was part of forming who I am now and I am happy to start something new."Portman talked to Zap2it.com in an interview Monday (July 19) about "Garden State," an indie film starring and directed by Zach Braff from "Scrubs." That film, coming out July 30, has been a film festival hit. She portrays an oddball girl in New Jersey who has a bizarre family and falls in love with Braff's character.Although she's mostly recognized for her appearances in "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" and "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones," she appreciates it when people recognize her smaller films."I appreciate when anyone ever is excited about any role," Portman says. "Some people have a bit of snobbery about, 'You should have seen this small artsy film I did instead of the big blockbuster' but I think they all have their own values. I'm always equally flattered and really appreciate when people recognize me from anything."Although she's unsure what she's re-shooting, it's a common thing to do for a big special effects film. Scheduled for release next May, she finished principal photography with co-stars Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor last year. The film has the usual Lucas veil of secrecy around it."I haven't been told anything, so for all I know, it could be like walking or an insert shot of my hands, or it could be a whole new storyline," Portman laughs. "So I will be as surprised as you are."Portman is a stickler about not autographing anything that is "Star Wars"-related unless it's for a charitable cause, because if she signs a lot of items, it devalues things she'd give to charity. Portman graduated last year from Harvard after majoring in psychology, and also will be seen Dec. 2 in Mike Nichol's drama "Closer" with Julia Roberts and Jude Law.Also, Portman knows nothing about rumors that she is wanted for the role of Lois Lane in the next "Superman" film. "I know there's rumors about it online because reporters keep asking about it but I don't really know," she tells Zap2it "I haven't read it or anything."

Celebrity Encountersgossiplist.comNatalie Portman DirtI saw her at the after-party for the premiere of Cold Mountain. Some tacky people asked to take a picture with her and she posed with them but as she was walking away she made a horrible eye-rolling face. It was pretty funny.

EOnline.com"Prince Charles asked if I was in the original Star Wars. I was like, 'What are you smoking?' It was very funny."--Natalie Portman in Us. He was probably just hoping to get Leia-ed

Hollywood's Dazzling Dozen PEOPLE's fashion expert Susan Kaufman picks the 12 most stylish starlets under 30 - and explains their appeal.

By Serena Kappes, people.com

Posted Image

NATALIE PORTMAN

When it comes to fashion, Garden State' s Portman (from left: in an Egyptian-style gown; retro in a '20s-flavored dress; in Zac Posen) just can't go wrong: "She can wear avant-garde, funkier things because she'll make anything look beautiful. It's her natural radiance that transcends the clothes," says Kaufman. No wonder Portman, 23, is a muse for Posen.

Posted Image

FRONT ROW FRIENDS

Natalie Portman gets the best seat in the house ? Mandy Moore's lap ? at the Marc Jacobs Spring 2005 show Monday during New York City's Fashion Week.

Holly crap, let's just hope it's the angle of the camera that makes Natalie look like a bobble head! :ph34r:

Liz SmithNY PostNATALIE PORTMAN is a gorgeous girl with a nasty habit. She smokes. Not long ago, Natalie and her friend and "Garden State" co-star Zach Braff were dining in L.A. They looked cozy, except that Zach kept stalling on whispering sweet nothings because he was busy waving away Portman's cigarette vapors from his face and food. But not even smoke can stop these two.

EOnline.com

The Answer Bitch

Anyway. Wake up. Plenty of famous Americans have been crossing Jordan, so to speak, in recent years. Natalie Portman got herself born in Israel--in 1981, the publicity material goes--and last year she went back to visit Jerusalem's Hadassah Hospital, her original popping-out place.

That makes it sound like she's not telling the truth about her age....

Nichols Removes Portman's Nude Scenesimdb.comActress Natalie Portman ordered director Mike Nichols to remove her full frontal nude scenes from her latest movie Closer - despite playing a stripper in the film. Nichols is very protective of the 23-year-old beauty and agreed the topless footage was acceptable, but decided raunchy shots of her fully nude were gratuitous and should be deleted from the drama. Portman explains, "He wants to see my bare ass much less than (even) my father would. He's as or more protective of me than my parents are. So doing sexual, physical stuff for him felt very uncomfortable."

Posted Image

A glam Natalie Portman tries to stay warm outside the Late Show with David Letterman studio on Thanksgiving Day. The actress appeared on the late-night talkfest to promote her movie Closer (opening Dec. 3), in which she plays a stripper.

Caught her on Inside the Actor's Studio, she is just too cute!

Portman Ready for Nude Internet Coverage

imdb.com

Actress Natalie Portman is comfortable with the inevitable prospect of seeing her naked body splashed across the internet, after her new movie Closer hits cinemas. The sexy screen star plays a stripper in the raunchy film - in which she appears alongside Julia Roberts - and she's prepared for the fact stills grabbed from her nude scenes will soon dominate celebrity websites. She says, "Yeah, it'll be nude celebrities dotcom. But that's fine. I'm not scared. I'm brave. I feel like I've got to a point in my life where everything I do is active rather than reactive." However, Portman laughs off theories she agreed to the steamy role in an intentional effort to abolish her former child star reputation. She adds, "I'm not doing things to prove anything. That makes me comfortable with whatever people walk away with. I can still carry on my own life without being hurt."

Portman Apologizes for Black Quoteimdb.comNatalie Portman has written a letter to American style magazine Allure to explain herself for comments she made in an interview in which she empathized with being a black American. The Star Wars star insists the attributed quote, "I'm not black, but I know what it feels like," was "personally offensive" when she read the article in August's Allure . Portman writes, "If I had spoken more articulately, I might have conveyed what I truly feel: I could never know what it is like to be a black American. "The 'it' I was referring to when I said, 'I know what it feels like, ' was not intended to signify that I know 'how black people feel' but rather that I know what Dubois' (Souls of Black Folk author Web Dubois) concept of double- consciousness feels like." Portman also alleges her quote was taken out of context: "Had my quote included what I actually said preceding that statement, perhaps my meaning would have been clearer." She adds, "I sincerely, and with my deepest regrets for offending any readers, apologize and apologize and apologize. This has hurt me deeply, and I will do my best to be more thoughtful and articulate in the future."

superficial.comNatalie Portman has shaved her head for her role in the upcoming V for Vendetta. “Some people will think I’m a neo-Nazi,” Portman said. “Or that I have cancer or I’m a lesbian … I cant stop rubbing my head, its so soft. I might keep it for a while.”

nydailynews.comlsewhere in the the restaurant [at the Cannes Film Festival], Christensen's co-star Natalie Portman tore up the dance floor with her new boyfriend, Israeli actor Liron Levo.Portman had shown up sporting a Sinead O'Connor-like shaved head from her role in "V for Vendetta," and Levo couldn't resist rubbing her cute cue ball over and over - for good luck perhaps?

advertisement Portman's miracle hair growBANG(BANG) - Shaven haired Natalie Portman is so desperate to grow back her chopped-off locks - she is bathing her skull in expensive mineral water.The 'Star Wars' beauty, who last week confessed to keeping her shorn off hair in a bag because she couldn't bear to part with it, allegedly forked out $360US on Evian water at the Cannes Film Festival to use solely for washing her head stubble.The screen beauty, who had the skinhead cut for her latest role in forthcoming movie 'V For Vendetta', is allegedly finding the drastic new look difficult to live with, according to Britain's Sunday Express newspaper.Earlier this week, it was revealed the stunning actress was mistaken for Irish singer Sinead O'Connor after lopping off her brunette bob.A source close to the star said: "People keep thinking Natalie is Sinead. But she thinks it's hilarious and loves the comparison."Despite her shaved head, the actress sent pulses racing at the Cannes premiere of 'Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith' when she arrived in a low-cut black dress.She was joined at the launch by a galaxy of stars including Samuel L. Jackson, 'Desperate Housewives' actress Eva Longoria, Sharon Stone and 'Star Wars' creator George Lucas.