princess

Natalie Portman

Yes, I am aware Jake Gyllenhaal said things. So I am trying to draw a comparison between men and say, Natalie Portman.

Your second comment is a generalisation, it's too general.

The first comment, whilst being typical cagey Jake caused an absolute ruckus when he said it - all over the place for weeks, even months in some places (it was still being discussed and analysed to death). It still gets quoted now. Marvel at the storm Natalie's comments have caused (**looks around, sees no-one, goes back inside**).

Yes, I am aware Jake Gyllenhaal said things. So I am trying to draw a comparison between men and say, Natalie Portman.

Your second comment is a generalisation, it's too general.

The first comment, whilst being typical cagey Jake caused an absolute ruckus when he said it - all over the place for weeks, even months in some places (it was still being discussed and analysed to death). It still gets quoted now. Marvel at the storm Natalie's comments have caused (**looks around, sees no-one, goes back inside**).

You'll notice that the comment Jake made about not being averse to being with a man is also on his IMDb page whereas Natalie's comment is not.

Frankly, and this holds true with many of my friends (and myself, included) in that many young people who are more open-minded are becoming more bisexual in nature because the whole nature of labeling as straight, gay, black, white is so antiquated and false. While I may strongly prefer men, I have never been averse to women (and TMI: I have "been" with women).

What I'm trying to say is that many young people are becoming increasingly bisexual, because at the end of the day, you become attracted to a personality not the genitalia, so why block out men or women.

Inclusion is awesome.

Notes from all over

... Natalie Portman politely told a reporter it was none of his business if she was dating her “Goya’s Ghosts” co-star, Gael Garcia Bernal. The 25-year-old actress added she was always shocked when reporters asked her when she was in her late teens if she was a virgin. “Remember there was that time when Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson were proclaiming their virginity,” Portman told the London Guardian. “I was like, ‘Are you kidding?’”

:wub: this woman... :D

"Paris, Je T'aime" Premieres

Filed under: Film Festivals , Maggie Gyllenhaal , Natalie Portman , Red Carpet , Tribeca

Posted Image

Are you one of those girls who says to herself, "Hey, I might not be the prettiest chick around, but that's OK, because I happen to think I'm smarter than those busty, run-of-the-mill Hollywood-type bimbettes running around?" Well, this gathering sleek, sophisticated ladies have enough of brain cells, talent and beauty between them to shame me into silent self-loathing, since I happen to be one of the aforementioned girls I was taking about. Natalie Portman, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Emily Mortimer stepped out onto the red carpet for the U.S. screening of their film, "Je T'aime," looking impossibly fab.

And now, I think I'm going to go iron my clothes and read a book, so I can feel somewhat better about myself.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/02/paris_...e_premieres.php

Le sigh.

Natalie Portman Goes Downtown For Dinner

Filed under: Bjork , Natalie Portman , Red Carpet

Posted Image

Guests such as Natalie Portman, David Byrne, Governor Eliot Spitzer, Larry Silverstein, Michel Gondry, and Björk attended the benefit for the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council last night. Natalie looked stunning as usual, and well, Bjork and David Byrne were wearing what you'd expect them to wear - unusual fashion choices.

More photos from the Downtown Dinner benefiting the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council after the jump.

Posted by: Jessica Marx

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/04/natali..._for_dinner.php

(IMDB.COM)

Opening Cannes of 'Blueberry'

The 60th annual Cannes Film Festival opens tonight with the screening of director Wong Kar-wai's English-language My Blueberry Nights, starring Jude Law, Norah Jones, Natalie Portman, and Rachel Weisz. A bevy of top Hollywood stars are expected to walk the festival's famed red carpet during the upcoming week and a half, including George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio, Daniel Craig, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, and Angelina Jolie. The festival is also scheduled to screen edgy artistic efforts from some of the world's most acclaimed filmmakers. Many critics who have made the trek to Cannes annually have commented that this year's lineup is one of the strongest ever. "Cannes manages to blend glitz and artistic credibility in a way no other film festival does," the Associated Press commented today.

Natalie Portman Stars in New Paul McCartney Video

THURSDAY MAY 24, 2007 08:15 AM EDT

By Liz Corcoran

Sir Paul McCartney has launched his new music video with a little help from a friend ... of his daughter Stella.

Natalie Portman appears as a dancing ghost in the video for McCartney's single "Dance Tonight," which had its worldwide premiere Wednesday on YouTube. (See it below.)

McCartney connected with Portman through his fashion-designer daughter, Stella, who makes the non-leather shoes Portman buys.

"I rang her up and said 'Hey, I'm Stella's dad!' " McCartney said in a press release for the video. "She had a bit of time off as she was between films so it was great."

In the video, Portman, 25, plays a "futurist electronic ghost," according to the release, who dances to the sound of McCartney's mandolin.

The video also stars actor Mackenzie Crook, who played Gareth in the British version of The Office and is in the last two Pirates of the Caribbean movies. It was directed by Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind helmer Michel Gondry.

"Dance Tonight" is the opening track on McCartney's latest CD, his 21st solo album, Memory Almost Full, which will be released in the U.S. on June 5.

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul McCartney Debuts Video on YouTube

Paul McCartney snagged Natalie Portman to star in his new music video thanks to his fashion designer-daughter, Stella.

Portman, 25, makes a cameo as a ghost in the video for "Dance Tonight," a track from McCartney's new studio album, "Memory Almost Full." The video had its world premiere Wednesday on YouTube.com.

"The connection with Natalie came from my daughter Stella, who makes non-leather shoes that Natalie buys, so I just thought, `Well, I'll ring her up and just see if she'll do it.' So I rang her up and said, `Hey, I'm Stella's dad!'" the 64-year-old former Beatle said in a statement posted on his Web site.

Portman, whose screen credits include "Closer" and "V for Vendetta," plays a "futurist electronic ghost" who is summoned by the sound of McCartney's mandolin.

Filmmaker Michel Gondry ("Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind") directed the video.

"Memory Almost Full," McCartney's 21st solo album, will be released June 5 in the United States. It's his first release for Hear Music, Starbuck Corp.'s new record label.

McCartney last released the acclaimed "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard," in 2005.

___

On the Net:

Paul McCartney:

http://www.paulmccartney.com/

Hear Music:

http://www.hearmusic.com

Samberg's Sundays Might Be Lazy, But Perhaps Not Lonely

Filed under: Hook Ups , Natalie Portman

Posted Image

I'm loving how potentially kinky the above screen shot can be construed in the following context. Us Weekly is reporting that there's a romance brewing between Natalie Portman and SNL cast member, Andy Samberg. Even though Portman clearly got to know Samberg during her stint as host on the show, when the two performed a rap sketch in March of last year, it wasn't until her break-up from Gael García Bernal was recently for realsy this time that the two decided to pursue a relationship together.

"If Andy is dating Natalie, I'm extremely jealous," Samberg's castmate, Kenan Thompson, 29, tells Us.

A Portman source has equal praise: "A nice Jewish boy would be good for her."

In the spirit of Hollywood relationships, I already have my future posts ready, speculating a marriage proposal, wedding, called-off wedding, baby bump and eventual break-up, just cause I like to be prepared. I know that Natalie's more sensible than most, but I just can't take any chances.

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/24/samber..._not_lonely.php

Natalie Portman and Andy Samberg met when they worked together on that famous gangster rap skit for Saturday Night Live in the spring of 2006. Then when Andy split up with Kirsten Dunst in March, he got a call from Natalie and they’ve been together ever since:

Sparks flew with Natalie Portman, 26, worked with Andy Samberg, 28, on a skit for Saturday Night Live last year. But the two cuties didn’t hook up until March, when the newly single Star Wars star called Andy to chat. Andy had ust split up with Kirsten Dunst. The next thing you know, a source tells Star, “the two became inseparable.” The couple is still going strong despite Natalie being in China for work. “The lovebirds speak every day and Andy is telling his friends that he’s totally in love,” says the source.

[From Star Magazine print edition, July 9, 2007]

US Weekly mentioned about a month ago that these two were dating after Portman split from her on-off relationship with Gael García Bernal. It’s nice to hear that they’re still doing well as they make a cute couple.

Portman was just in Rwanda this weeked, whereshe named a baby mountain gorilla to help bring awareness to the cause of saving the endangered species. Rwandan president Paul Kagame held a ceremony to call for protection of mountain gorillas. Portman named her gorilla “Ahazaza,” or “future.”

Written by Celebitchy

Love Duds

Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen have been voted the worst screen couple of all-time in a recent poll. The poll rated screen couples who had the worst on-screen chemistry. Nat and Hayden led the pact for their lack of romantic chemistry in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones.

Here's the list:

1. Natalie Portman & Hayden Christensen - Stars Wars: Episode II

2. Jennifer Lopez & Ben Affleck - Gigli

3. Keira Knightley & Orlando Bloom - Pirates of the Caribbean

4. Madonna & Adriano Giannini - Swept Away

5. Catherine Zeta-Jones & Sean Connery - Entrapment

6. Andie MacDowell & Hugh Grant - Four Weddings and a Funeral

7. Kate Beckinsale & Ben Affleck - Pearl Harbor

8. Nicole Kidman & Tom Cruise - Eyes Wide Shut

9. Jake Gyllenhaal & Heath Ledger - Brokeback Mountain

10. Kate Winslet & Leonardo DiCaprio - Titanic

RECOUNT! Jake and Heath?! Where the hell was Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt for The Mexican?! Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves in Dracula?! I mean Jennifer Lopez alone could've taken the first 5 spots! El Cantante, Shall We Dance, Maid in Manhattan, The Wedding Planner...it goes on and on!

Posted Image

Portman regrets nude scene

Actress Natalie Portman insists she'll never bare all on the big screen again after regretting a saucy scene in new short film Hotel Chevalier.

The shots of the actress baring all in the film hit the internet earlier this year, months before the movie hit festivals in September.

And Portman admits she's rather upset about agreeing to do something she felt awkward about in the Wes Anderson-directed prelude to The Darjeeling Limited.

She says, "I'm really sorry I didn't listen to my intuition. From now on, I'm going to trust my gut more. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do is say no."

Good on her. You shouldn't be forced to do nude scenes just to spice up a film for the sake of it. If nudity is there it should be within the context of the film and only if agreed. I think a lot of actresses feel pressurised into doing it because they're made to feel prudish and frigid if they don't. So they go along with it and try and be artistic about it all and then still feel awful after. Because they've been forced to do something they really weren't all that keen on doing in the first place. I also think women's bodies have become so sexualised in modern Western culture that it's almost overriding against anything else. If men don't have to take their clothes off during a film why should women have to just to suit studios? I'm not being militant about it, the body is a beautiful thing and anybody that wants to, fine. But I do think there is pressure on women especially to suit a perceived male audience.

I still think the hardest thing about the situation is on the very basic human level that people forget - that your parents at some stage will be watching, and your Uncle Adam and your teenage cousins. Honestly, would you want them to know how you'd look having sex? Truly? It's kind of embarrassing and uncomfortable, esp. if you have a big family.

I think that'd squick a lot of people out.

Edited by GimmeSumSugar

Natalie Portman Guest Edits Mathematics Magazine

Natalie Portman is encouraging children to enjoy studying arithmetic by guest editing the upcoming issue of magazine Scholastic Math. Portman loved learning about mathematics in her own school days, and she wants today's kids to appreciate the importance it has in everyday life.

In her editor's letter, Portman writes: "Math was one of my favorite subjects at school. It always gets a bad rap and I'm not sure why... Sure you need to use math daily for knowing how much tip to leave at a restaurant or how much flour you need to make double the amount of cookies in a recipe, but it is the less obvious practical parts of math that are most fun for me - like considering the principles of infinity. It made me excited about life to consider the limitlessness of the mind and what we can do with it."

Scholastic Math isn't the only publication Portman has written for recently - she has also penned an article for magazine Parade, in which she writes about how staying sane in Hollywood.

Portman signs deal with Participant

Actress inks two-year production pact with co.

By TATIANA SIEGEL

Natalie Portman has inked a two-year production deal with Participant Prods. for her newly formed Handsomecharlie Films shingle.

Banner's first project is "A Tale of Love and Darkness," on which Portman plans to make her feature helming debut. Story is based on the bestselling memoir of Amos Oz, with Naomi Foner ("Running on Empty") in negotiations to adapt the screenplay. That project, however, is not set up at Participant.

Annette Savitch has been tapped veep of development for L.A.-based Handsomecharlie Films, which will develop socially relevant films.

Portman said she was inspired by Participant's mandate to produce such forward-thinking projects as "Syriana," "Good Night, and Good Luck" and documentary "An Inconvenient Truth."

"We all have the same desire to make meaningful and artistically fulfilling films and are committed to the idea of stories leading to greater empathy and action for world issues," Portman said.

Participant prexy Ricky Strauss lauded Portman for her interest "in projects that entertain and empower." He added: "She has the heart of an artist and an activist. It just seems like a natural relationship, and we couldn't be more pleased."

Portman will be seen in the upcoming "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium," "The Other Boleyn Girl" and "My Blueberry Nights."

In addition to her acting career, she works on behalf of a number of causes, most notably serving as the ambassador of hope for Finca, an international microfinance organization that provides financial services to the world's lowest-income entrepreneurs.

Natalie Portman Incredibly Sexy in Pink

Posted Image

Natalie Portman was at the premiere of her new movie "Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium" world in New York City tonight. The movie also stars Dustin Hoffman and Jason Bateman.

PLOT: Molly Mahoney (Portman) is the awkward and insecure manager of Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium, the strangest, most fantastic, most wonderful toy store in the world. But when Mr. Magorium, the 243 year-old eccentric who owns the store (Hoffman), bequeaths the store to her, a dark and ominous change begins to take over the once remarkable Emporium.

ns4w.org

Portman Unsure of Marriage While Same-Sex Marriage Is Banned

Screen beauty Natalie Portman is uncertain whether she'll ever get married -- at least not until same-sex couples are allowed to wed.

The star, who is dating fashion designer Nathan Bogle, hates the fact gay marriages remain illegal in most of America.

She tells InStyle magazine, "I'm not convinced about marriage. Divorce is so easy, and that fact that gay people are not allowed to marry takes much of the meaning out of it.

"Committing yourself to one person is sacred."

Marisa Tomei Tops Best Nude Scenes of 2007

Actress' turn in 'Before the Devil Knows You're Dead' celebrated

November 29, 2007

Marisa Tomei in 'Before the Devil Knows You're Dead'Sure it was her comedic timing that won Marisa Tomei her Oscar 15 years ago, but it's her casual, topless talents that won Mr. Skin's highest commendation for 2007.

The year's films made skinematic history as Mr. Skin, as featured in "Knocked Up," was presented with such a wealth of nakedness on the silver screen, he had to compile his Top 20 list of films in which talented actresses took it off.

"2007 was a surprisingly strong year for big-screen nudity," noted Mr. Skin from his Chicago headquarters. "In fact, you could say it ranks among this decade's very breast!"

Topping the list was Tomei in Sidney Lumet's crime drama "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead." In the film, she's seen opening the movie with some nudity topside and later similarly displays herself to advantage after an illicit tryst. Oh yeah, and Ethan Hawke and Philip Seymour Hoffman also star in the heist movie.

Not one to be labeled an anglophobic philistine, Mr. Skin traveled across the pond to celebrate British beauty Keeley Hazell in the art house flick "Cashback." The former Page 3 girl gets her assets unveiled in the film when a supermarket clerk takes advantage of his newfound ability to freeze time.

The remainder of the Top 20 are as follows:

3. Natalie Portman in "Hotel Chevalier" - The acclaimed actress gets cheeky when she drops her drawers for this short film that's a companion piece to "The Darjeeling Limited."

4. Christina Ricci in "Black Snake Moan" - Her skimpy top can't contain her talent in this Southern gothic potboiler, even if she is chained to a radiator.

5. Sienna Miller in "Factory Girl" - Twenty-one minutes into the film about Andy Warhol's muse, Miller soaks naked in a tub.

6. Roselyn Sanchez in "Yellow" -The actress' character just wants to be a Broadway dancer, but of course, must strip in order to get there.

7. Malin Ackerman in "The Heartbreak Kid" - An acrobatic sex act opposite Ben Stiller allows this actress to show off more than just her flexibility.

8. Eva Mendes in "We Own the Night" - Very early into the film, the starlet shows one reason why she deserves to be on this list. Yep, just one, but it's a compelling one.

9. Lena Headey in "300" - Sure, the men got to show off their abs, but Headey shows she's no slouch in the skin department during a poetic love scene.

10. Stormy Daniels and Nautica Thorne in "Knocked Up" -Lapdancers in Vegas give the main character and his pal an eyeful up close and personal.

11. Alexa Davalos in "Feast of Love" - Selma Blair and Radha Mitchell also get naked, but it's Davalos' full frontal that makes her stand out.

12. Chelan Simmons in "Good Luck Chuck" - Seven different women take off their tops for the camera, including the "Kyle XY" cutie.

13. Wei Tang in "Lust, Caution" - This Ang Lee follow-up to "Brokeback Mountain" takes a while to build up, and then watch out. The Chinese starlet engages in lots and lots of sex to take down a political figure, and her dedication is on display fully from the front and back.

14. Ashley Judd in "Bug" - Mental illness, gasoline and frontal and dorsal nudity.

15. Olivia Wilde in "Alpha Dog" - Three other actresses show skin, including Amanda Seyfried ("Mean Girls") for a skinny-dipping adventure, but Wilde got the mention for her motel tryst.

16. Ana Claudia Talancon in "Alone With Her" - A peeping Tom's use of high-tech spying gadgetry pays off many, many times, including once with a steamy shower.

17. Danielle Harris in "Halloween" - More skin than the original.

18. Heather Matarazzo in "Hostel: Part II" -If you like your nudity disturbing, bloody and hung upside down, this is the movie for you.

19. Amber Valetta in "The Last Time" -This supermodel isn't wearing haute couture or doing runway.

20. Lucy Liu in "Blood Hunter" -Nudity in a vampire flick? Bloody likely! Cameron Richardson and Samaire Armstrong take it off, but it's Liu's topless turn in a lesbian tussle with Carla Gugino.

Mr. Skin and his team of "skinvestigators" view all non-adult titles for their nudity content and rates them on their "skintensity."