princess

Natalie Portman

Page SixNATALIE ROCKSNATALIE Portman is a dancing queen. Last weekend, she hit Aer Lounge at midnight with a group of six friends and proceeded to dance like "a madwoman" on top of a banquette for hours until she almost passed out. Her pals promptly fanned and spritzed the movie princess with ice water to rouse her - and it worked. At 4 a.m., the "V for Vendetta" hottie was spotted at Soho 323 in a frantic "dance-off" with a tattooed member of party promoter David Rodolitz's posse, who hosted the after-hours revelry.

I love her and think she's a bright, gorgeous woman. But, just saw V for Vendetta, which sucked overall as a film and she had The Worst british accent throughout... I was embarrassed for her.

I love her and think she's a bright, gorgeous woman. But, just saw V for Vendetta, which sucked overall as a film and she had The Worst british accent throughout... I was embarrassed for her.

Thanks for the review. From what I saw of the trailers, I have no interest in this movie at all.

"For the first time in my life, somebody was like, 'You want a line?' I was like, 'Oh my God.' "– Natalie Portman, on her recent first brush with cocaine, to Vanity Fair (from people.com)

I saw V for Vendetta and I loved it, it's an awesome movie

Seriously? Wow! Well... um... what can I say? We're all entitled to our different opinions on this board. I thought it was the most boring movie I'd seen in years, which especially sucks since 1) I usually love Natalie 2) it had heaps of amazing British actors 3) I had high hopes for it, in spite of the sucky reviews.But, glad someone enjoyed it. V isn't just for Vendetta... it's also for Vive la Difference on fanchitchat.com

I liked the movie too. Just to back you up JGR.But I liked it in a popcorn munching 2 hours of mindless entertainment way. And from rthe reviews my expectations were pretty low. I just had not seen a movie in the theater since Squid and the whale, and I really needed something to see.

There were definitely things in the movie that could have been better but I really REALLY liked it too. Entertaining, great and timely thoughtful message, and I could even stand Natalie Portman in it (which I usually can't).

I saw V for Vendetta and I loved it, it's an awesome movie

Seriously? Wow! Well... um... what can I say? We're all entitled to our different opinions on this board. I thought it was the most boring movie I'd seen in years, which especially sucks since 1) I usually love Natalie 2) it had heaps of amazing British actors 3) I had high hopes for it, in spite of the sucky reviews.But, glad someone enjoyed it. V isn't just for Vendetta... it's also for Vive la Difference on fanchitchat.com
I didn't know it had sucky reviews, Ebert liked it and it has a 75% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, which is almost the same as best picture winner Crash(76%)

I took the advice of TVguide's podcast, which I have to say is awesome. And Maitland had a soso review in there. Also the IMDB.com rehash of reviews wasn't really great. Those are my sources ;)

I totally agree with Ebert's review - both the good and the bad, and that the movie is overall very good. I especially agree with one of his criticisms too (I won't say what specifically in case people don't want to be spoiled.) I am shocked that I think Ebert is generally giving reviews I agree with lately.

Natalie Portman is no prostituteActress says many take roles for moneyBy Jeannette WallsMSNBCAre some of Hollywood’s highest paid actresses practicing the world’s oldest profession?That’s what Natalie Portman seems to be saying. The “V for Vendetta” star startled some when she compared certain working actresses to working girls. “I don’t want to be working for money because then you are no different [from] a prostitute,” Portman told Britain’s Independent newspaper. But Portman, who also starred in such flicks as “Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones,” says that her friends and family keep her from selling out. “I have the most amazing friends in the world, who are doing such interesting and different things, and are their own people,” Portman said. “They are my support base along with my parents. They are inspiring and always doing different, interesting things so I remember how to be a person by being around them.”

Gee, and here I thought "working for money" was being an adult. Now, selling your body for sex--that's being a prostitute.

I was appalled when I read this this morning. Better watch out--she's turning into Gwyneth!!!

Gee, and here I thought "working for money" was being an adult. Now, selling your body for sex--that's being a prostitute.

I was appalled when I read this this morning. Better watch out--she's turning into Gwyneth!!!

Have to agree ~ Yet another actress I have always liked who is making it more and more impossible to like them as people outside of their roles. :rolleyes:

I'm just hoping it's because she's young and she'll learn with time that you don't know everything.

I thought the same thing- the new Gwyneth! She'll probably eat those words one of these days.

Notes from all overThe race is on to find the world’s sexiest vegetarian. PETA is holding its annual election for the most alluring celeb who shuns meat, and Natalie Portman is in the lead, says a source at the animal-rights group. “ ‘V for Vendetta’ star Natalie Portman is proof that V is also for ‘veggie vixen’,” says a rep for the group, who says that the star has a slight edge from voters at PETA.org over such contenders as Nicollette Sheridan, Anne Hathaway, Alyssa Milano, Joaquin Phoenix, top NFL running back Ricky Williams, and Prince. . . .

“I don’t want to be working for money because then you are no different [from] a prostitute,” Portman told Britain’s Independent newspaper.

Maybe she means she doesn't want to work ONLY for money (Star Wars), but also for the love of it (Garden State, Closer) - that she would rather take less money for good roles, rather than take more money for a stupid role? Am I giving her too much credit here?

I'd like to think that's what she ment, but certainly not what she said. I chalk it up to be young, hopefully she'll only make a few pea brained comments like that :)

Posted Image

Still sporting a short do from her Vendetta days, Natalie Portman arrives Tuesday to the Toronto set of Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, in which she helms a magical toy store.