Sign in to follow this  
princess

Sheryl Crow

Sheryl's the One Lance Wants

imdb.com

Star cyclist Lance Armstrong is dating musician Sheryl Crow - and not Sandra Bullock. Widespread reports had the five-time Tour De France sporting hero hooked up with the Miss Congeniality star, and that he'd given her an inscribed bracelet. But Armstrong is instead smitten with "Soak Up The Sun" singer Sheryl, and the two have been dating since meeting last month at Andre Agassi 's Grand Slam for Children event in Las Vegas last month . A source says, "Lance was amused to hear about the bracelet as Sheryl's the one who has him hooked."

Posted Image

RING OF FIRE: Sheryl Crow and Travis Tritt perform during a special tribute to Johnny Cash at the CMA Awards. The late Man in Black won three awards: best single and music video of the year for "Hurt" and album of the year for American 4: The Man Comes Around.

(Scott Gries/Getty Images)

According to my local radio station histar.com who gives celeb gossip, Sheryl Crow was voted the rudest person to drive for by limo drivers. They also said that she is the reason Anne Heche and Ellen broke up. She apparently messed around with Anne while Anne & Ellen were dating. After Anne & Ellen broke up, Sheryl told Anne to buzz off.

Posted Image

SHERYL'S GAME FACE: Tour de France champ Lance Armstrong and musician Sheryl Crow show more interest in each other than in Game 5 of the Rockets vs. Lakers playoffs in Los Angeles. Hey lovers, in case you missed it, the Lakers won 97-78.

(Vince Bucci/Getty)

LANCE TO WED?

Page Six

IS Lance Armstrong engaged to Sheryl Crow? The six-time Tour de France winner didn't object ? and neither did she ? when staffers at the Hotel de Crillon in Paris referred to his singing sweetie as his "fiancée." Insiders at Crow's label, Interscope, said they had also heard the "rumor" that Armstrong proposed after winning the world's top bicycle race. A rep for Crow uttered a terse "no comment" when asked about the engagement. An assistant for Armstrong's rep also declined comment, as her boss was on a plane. Crow has told pals in the past she would like to have a child with Armstrong.

Sheryl Crow Fan Beats Stalking Rap

Wednesday Dec 01, 2004 8:00am EST

By Jennifer O'Dell

people.com

Posted Image

CREDIT: GREGG DEGUIRE/WIREIMAGE

A love-struck fan who ardently pursued singer Sheryl Crow was found not guilty on burglary and stalking charges in a New York courtroom Tuesday, after the jury deliberated for about three hours.

As the verdict was read, an unsmiling Ambrose Kappos, 38, remained stoic, before he noisily kissed his lawyer on both cheeks and said, "That's a Greek kiss, brother." He also kissed his father on the cheek, and when his mother started to cry, he consoled her by saying, "It's over, it's over, it's over."

Had he been convicted, Kappos faced up to seven years in prison. During the trial, his defense lawyer Stanford Hickman pointed out that his client was polite and unthreatening, just in love with Crowe ? who had testified that Kappos "creeped me out" for following her (from July 2002 until his Oct. 6, 2003 arrest, according to charges) and contacting members of her family (in Tennessee and Missouri).

Crowe, 42, who has been dating cycling champ Lance Armstrong, was not in court for the verdict. She has yet to comment on the outcome of the case.

Outside the courtroom, the goateed Kappos, a former Navy diver, said, "Let me just say to Ms. Crow I pray that the universe pours down all of its blessings upon her and her loved ones now and always. A simple no thank you would been satisfactory."

As for his feelings about Crow: "I have nothing against the woman. I'm pretty sure I probably would buy her next album."

That sucks for Sheryl! I saw some video footage when they interviewed this guy, he's scarry!! Total nut job! I have a feeling this guy is going to continue harassing her.. :(

Posted Image

Lance Armstrong stands by girlfriend Sheryl Crow as the couple (accompanied by a bodyguard, right) walks through New York City's SoHo on Monday. The singer testified in a Big Apple court on Nov. 22 against her alleged stalker, Ambrose Kappos, who reportedly broke into her dressing room during a 2003 performance in New York. Kappos was acquitted on Tuesday.

Crow's "Spiritual Twin" ClearedEOnline.comby Charlie AmterDec 1, 2004, 7:15 AM PTA former Navy diver who claimed he was a "spiritual twin" to Sheryl Crow was acquitted Tuesday of stalking the Grammy-winning singer.It took less than three hours for the New York jury to find Ambrose Kappos innocent of tailing Crow and harassing her family over the course of a year.Kappos, who had been discharged from the Navy in the wake of the Crow allegations, emerged from court Tuesday a happy, and free, man."I am sorry about the misunderstanding, but that's all it was," he told reporters gathered outside the Manhattan Supreme Court building, where the trial began on Nov. 18."This could have been better handled if it was recognized for what it was--an honorable man trying to court a good woman, and a simple 'no thank you' from her or her duly or authorized agents would have been satisfactory," Kappos added.Prosecutors and Crow herself claimed Ambrose was a bona fide threat to the singer, but the jury evidently thought otherwise and sided with Kappos' version of events.Kappos, 38, was charged with misdemeanor stalking and felony burglary for allegedly approaching Crow and her entourage as she was ushered into a stretch limo prior to a Manhattan concert in October 2003. He also managed to elude security and slip into a private backstage area of Hammerstien Ballroom near Crow's dressing room at the same concert. The charges carried a maximum sentence of seven years in state prison.But during the trial, Kappos' attorney, Stan Hickman, portrayed the onetime Navy SEAL as a groupie, not a stalker.Kappos' mother, who attended the trial and spoke to reporters after the verdict was read Tuesday, agreed, saying her son "just wanted to get to meet" Crow. But, she did admit that Kappos had a "kooky way of doing it."During testimony last week, Crow took the witness stand and said she was "scared" and "alarmed" by Kappos, and that his presence backstage at her gig gave her "pause." "It made me feel creeped out," she added. She also said she was upset that Kappos tracked down her family in an attempt to get to her.Hickman, however, claimed the singer was never in any real danger.During cross-examination, Hickman pressed Crow on the fact that Kappos never contacted her directly and reminded the jury that his client had not committed any violent acts against the singer.Kappos, meanwhile, said that two unhappy marriages and other emotional problems might have contributed to his unhealthy and, in his words, "delusional" infatuation with Crow.After the trial ended, Kappos joked to reporters: "Clearly there was no telepathy [between him and Crow]."

Posted Image

Six-time Tour de France champ Lance Armstrong and girlfriend Sheryl Crow play it for laughs at the Meet the Fockers premiere.

Posted Image

They're all wet: Sheryl Crow and Lance Armstrong make a splash on the Matterhorn bobsleds at California's Disneyland on Thursday.

Posted Image

Lance Armstrong, recipient of the 2005 Courage Award, and Sheryl Crow at the Saks Fifth Avenue's Unforgettable Evening Benefiting Women's Cancer Research Fund in Beverly Hills, California

Armstrong and Crow out of the saddleBANG(BANG) - Rock star Sheryl Crow has reportedly split from cycling legend Lance Armstrong.The couple, who met at a Las Vegas charity show, have been inseparable for the past 18 months.However, friends say the pair's hectic work commitments have put too great a strain on the relationship.While Armstrong is training at his Texan home for his final Tour De France in July, Crow has been busy recording a new album in far away New York.A source revealed to America's Star magazine: "Any relationship is difficult when you spend more time apart. They spend more time on the phone than together, which is a shame."Last summer, Crow supported Armstrong as he secured a place in the record books after winning the Tour De France for an astonishing six successive time.This year, the sportsman, who survived testicular cancer, will be aiming for a seventh win in the world's most gruelling race, after which he plans to retire.The father-of-three has said: "I think the biggest inspiration for this decision is my children."They are the ones who have told me that it's time to come home."

EOnline.comIF IT MAKES THEM HAPPY: Lance Armstrong hinting that he and Sheryl Crow might be settling down after his final Tour de France this year.

Crow consulting fertility experts Singer Sheryl Crow wants to have a baby with cycling champ Lance Armstrong. Long-time love Lance froze his sperm years ago after being diagnosed with testicular cancer. He has three children conceived by in vitro fertilization with his ex-wife. Sheryl is consulting Swiss fertility experts about the procedure. (Armstrong is currently chasing his seventh consecutive Tour de France title. The race began July 2 and goes until July 24.)

EOnline.com

IF IT MAKES HER HAPPY: Sheryl Crow signing a deal with Dell Computers to star in TV ads nationwide starting next week which will also help her launch her latest single, "Good is Good."

Rocker SHERYL CROW proved her love for her pro cyclist boyfriend LANCE ARMSTRONG, by accompanying him on a grueling bike trip around the famous Tour de France route. The 43-year-old singer cycled the most difficult leg with the six times champion in preparation for his final year in the competition - climbing the difficult hairpin bends of L'Alpe D'Huez. Crow says, "I did the whole stretch even though I might not have set a new record. It was extremely difficult."

Lance Armstrong, Sheryl Crow to Marry

Tuesday Sep 06, 2005 7:00am EST

Tuesday Sep 06, 2005 4:30pm EST (updated)

By Stephen M. Silverman

people.com

Seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong is engaged to marry rocker Sheryl Crow, a spokesman for the cyclist confirmed Monday.

No details of the wedding were released, although the rep, Mark Higgins, said a spring wedding was likely.

The couple met at a charity event in October 2003 and began dating a short time later. This will be Crow's first marriage and Armstrong's second. He has three children with his ex-wife, Kristen.

Armstrong, 33, a Texan who currently lives with Crow, 43, proposed to her last Wednesday, while they were in Sun Valley, Idaho, the Associated Press reports.

"I learn so much from Lance's determination to live life every minute to the fullest," Crow told PEOPLE in June. "Besides, he's hot."

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....sticNews&stor...

Armstrong rules out return to competitive cycling

Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:09 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Worn down by doping scandals an exhausted Lance

Armstrong said on Thursday he had decided against a return to competitive

cycling.

Angry over recent doping allegations that have appeared in the French sports

daily L'Equipe, the seven-times Tour de France winner said recently he might

return to racing, the accusations out of France having awoken his

competitive side.

But as the doping controversy continued to swirl on Thursday, Armstrong who

turns 34 on Sunday, dismissed any thought of a comeback, saying he will stay

retired.

"I'm happy with the way my career ended. I'm not going back," Armstrong was

quoted in USA Today. "I'm sick of this.

"I opened it back up because in my heart it seemed like the right answer.

But now I know I couldn't go to France and get a fair shake on the road, in

doping control or the hotels."

Armstrong was thrust into the center of another doping scandal last month

after L'Equipe reported it had proof that six of Armstrong's urine samples

collected on the 1999 Tour de France showed traces of the banned substance

EPO (erythropoietin).

There were no tests to detect EPO, a drug that increases the level of red

blood cells and endurance, in 1999.

However, samples from the 1999 Tour de France were kept and have been

recently retested by a laboratory outside Paris.

Armstrong, who survived cancer, has steadfastly denied ever taking

performance-enhancing drugs.

SHERYL CROW agreed to marry iconic cyclist LANCE ARMSTRONG last week (09SEP05) - but she refuses to listen to his advice on her musical creations. The ALL I WANNA DO rock star learned to ignore Tour De France champion Armstrong's comments as she prepared for her new album WILDFLOWER at their home, because she knows where his strengths lie. She says, "It's difficult because they don't always have a musical background. He loved this one song I'd written but I hadn't even written the verses yet." (NSD/WNSTES/SC

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...499020&p=y564...

=156499780

Crow neglects friends for Fiance

20/09/2005 - 13:45:22

Rocker Sheryl Crow devotes so much time to her relationship with fiance

Lance Armstrong, she neglects her friends.

Crow, 43, admits she is so involved with the cycling legend's life that she

rarely sees her own friends, and even started to dedicate her own music

website to Armstrong's achievements.

The loved-up couple met at a charity gig two years ago, and recently

announced their engagement to the world.

Crow says: "There have been women in my life who, as soon as they get

involved with someone, drop of the face of the earth: you can't get a dinner

with them.

"And it's kind of been like that for me. I'm not proud of that, but in order

to be in my relationship I had to split my time between my own life and

his."

(People.com)How Lance Proposed to SherylWednesday Sep 21, 2005 3:00pm ESTWhen Sheryl Crow sashayed into Versace's grand relaunch party in London on Monday, the singer couldn't help but gush about the moment fiancé Lance Armstrong popped the question. "He rowed me out into the middle of a lake in the mountains and asked me to get married," Crow, 43, told PEOPLE. "It was very romantic." She also showed off her huge platinum-set diamond ring that Armstrong, the 34-year-old Tour de France champ, gave to her. "He picked out the ring himself and had it designed. It's absolutely gorgeous," said Crow, adding that they're already planning a spring wedding, likely in the U.S. Armstrong, appearing on The Oprah Winfrey Show Tuesday, said that his proposal was more spur-of-the-moment than he expected. "We took this boat out to the middle of the lake, and this is one of these little fishing boats with the motor behind going," he said. "It ran out of gas in the middle of the lake, and so I thought, you know, we're stuck here. I may as well ask her now." The couple both said the moment was picture perfect, but there was one thing missing, said Armstrong: "I felt bad…. I didn't have the ring with me." Crow didn't seem to miss the bauble in the moment, but displayed the diamond on the air Tuesday. "It's a cushion cut. I think it's six carats. He definitely pulled out all the stops," she told Winfrey. When asked by PEOPLE whether their wedding will be a big party or private affair? "Don’t know yet," Crow said. "I think probably a pretty big do."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/indexd?blogid=7

Lance Armstrong's Fishing Lake Proposal

AP / Tammie Arroyo

Retired cycling hero Lance Armstrong proposed to rocker Sheryl Crow in Idaho

while the couple were stranded on a lake.

The sports star hadn't planned to ask his girlfriend to marry him when they

set out on a boat trip, but the opportunity was too great to miss when the

vessel ran out of gas.

He recalls, "We were in Sun Valley, Idaho, which is a good place. We're on

this lake and these people let us go out to their lake cabin and we took

this boat out to the middle of the lake this is one of those little fishing

boats with the motor behind.

"It ran out of gas in the middle of the lake, so I thought, 'You know, we're

stuck here, I may as well ask her now.'

"I felt bad (because) I didn't have the ring with me but it was too perfect,

too beautiful."

Crow admits she was stunned by the proposal, but didn't hesitate to say yes.

Speaking on yesterday's "Oprah" show, she revealed, "He definitely pulled

out all the stops ... He was being really romantic."

Crow insists she'd be foolish to turn down the chance to marry Armstrong:

"There are too many things to name that I love about him -- he's gorgeous

and he's funny and he's smart and he's a fantastic dad. Gosh, I just love

him."

The couple plan to wed next spring.