Sign in to follow this  
princess

Sheryl Crow

Sheryl Crow Clears the Air About Toilet Paper Comments

Rocker Says the Joke Was Intended to Draw Attention to Global Warming

ABCNEWS.com

April 24, 2007 — It all started with a joke.

Wrapping up a nationwide global warming tour, singer-songwriter Sheryl Crow posted a quirky "solution" online about a new way to save the environment.

She wrote: "I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting."

She told the joke to get people's attention, and it worked. Talk show hosts had a field day with Crow's comments.

"Have you seen my [backside]?" Rosie O'Donnell joked on "The View."

"It seemed like Sheryl was trying to be a little bit cheeky, no pun intended," said Michelle Lee, executive editor of In Touch weekly.

Maybe Crow was inspired by her ecoactivist partner Laurie David. After all, David's husband, Larry David, of

"Seinfeld" fame, wrote the famous episode where Elaine says to a neighbor in the next bathroom stall:

"Three squares? You can't spare three squares?"

"No, I don't have a square to spare. I can't spare a square," the woman responds.

Meeting Karl Rove

Crow wanted to clear the air about her comments.

"We're just so happy that people are talking about global warming, even if it's brought on by a joke," Crow told ABC News.

And for Crow and Laurie David, their message is everything.

They just wrapped up a successful cross-country ecotour of 12 college campuses to raise awareness about global warming.

The two started the trip in an environmentally friendly biodiesel bus at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, and ended the tour on Earth Day at George Washington University in Washington, D.C.

At George Washington, they joined musicians Faith Hill, Tim McGraw and Carole King and environmental activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who performed and spoke before a crowd of about 2,000 people.

Crow and David also talked with top White House adviser Karl Rove at the White House Correspondents Dinner Saturday night.

"How excited were we to have our first opportunity ever to talk directly to the Bush administration about global warming," Crow and David wrote on the Huffington Post blog.

"Much to our dismay, he immediately got combative," they said, "and it went downhill from there."

"We're definitely gonna be back," David said. "We haven't finished. This is something that's gonna be around for a long time."

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3071833&page=1

Edited by k80cat

Announcing.....

Hey Everybody,

I am so excited to share with you guys that I've adopted a little boy ..he was born 2 weeks ago.

His name is Wyatt (after my dad) Steven (after my little brother and Scooter) and we are enjoying some very private family time.

Just wanted you to be the first to know.

Lots of love,

Sheryl

Agreed...Nice way to keep it low-key...unlike, *cough* Brangelina *cough* :D

The only thing that bothers me is that I wonder how quickly she was able to do this. Domestic adoption in the U.S. is often very difficult because even if you think you have a child, the mother can always change her mind (which is why a lot of people opt to adopt overseas). And it can take a long while until you find a child. I wonder how long this took Sheryl. (I'm thinking it took her as long as Sharon Stone).

Anyway, congrats to Sheryl. I just wish the non-celebs in the U.S. could also enjoy the privilege of having effortless domestic adoptions.

The only thing that bothers me is that I wonder how quickly she was able to do this. Domestic adoption in the U.S. is often very difficult because even if you think you have a child, the mother can always change her mind (which is why a lot of people opt to adopt overseas). And it can take a long while until you find a child. I wonder how long this took Sheryl. (I'm thinking it took her as long as Sharon Stone).

Anyway, congrats to Sheryl. I just wish the non-celebs in the U.S. could also enjoy the privilege of having effortless domestic adoptions.

I'm going to argue with you slightly on this one, Crackerjack. Where has it been announced that Sheryl was working on this adoption? Who's to say she hasn't been involved in the process for the "normal" length of time? Fact of the matter is, we don't. Just like her announcement was low-key, I'm fairly certain that when she decided to begin the process of adopting she didn't shout it from the rooftops to the press.

JMHO. :)

Sheryl Crow adopts two-week old baby boy

On her Web site, she tells fans she’s named him Wyatt Steven :)

MSNBC.com

LOS ANGELES - Happy Mother’s Day to Sheryl Crow — the singer-guitarist has adopted a baby boy.

“I am so excited to share with you guys that I’ve adopted a little boy. He was born two weeks ago,” Crow announced on her Web site Friday.

She told fans the boy’s name “is Wyatt (after my dad) Steven (after my little brother and Scooter) and we are enjoying some very private family time.”

Her publicist Dave Tomberlin wouldn’t give further details.

This is the first child for Crow, 45, who underwent breast cancer surgery in February 2006.

That same month, she and cycling champion Lance Armstrong announced that they had broken up their engagement. It would have been her first marriage and the second for Armstrong. The pair met in October 2003 and began dating shortly after.

A nine-time Grammy winner, Crow is best known for the hits “Soak Up the Sun” and “All I Want to Do.”

Good for her! And a refreshing change that the baby was not from Africa! (Not that I am against helping orphans from other countries).

(Pagesix.com)

Sheryl's A Mom

TIRED of waiting for the right man, Sheryl Crow has adopted a child on her own. Yesterday, Crow posted a message on her Web site saying, "Hey everybody, I am so excited to share with you guys that I've adopted a little boy. He was born two weeks ago. His name is Wyatt (after my dad) Steven (after my little brother) . . . and we are enjoying some very private family time." Among the men she's dated over the years: Eric Clapton, Kid Rock and Lance Armstrong.

As I recall, some of the interviews she gave after the Armstrong break-up indicated to me that she was probably looking into it at that time. She didn't mention adoption specifically, but she did say she was going ahead with family plans.

Sheryl Crow's a Mommy!

Filed under: Celebrity Baby Monitor , Sheryl Crow

Posted Image

Congrats to Sheryl Crow who just adopted a two-week old boy! This was posted on her website:

Hey Everybody,

I am so excited to share with you guys that I've adopted a little boy ..he was born 2 weeks ago.

His name is Wyatt (after my dad) Steven (after my little brother and Scooter) and we are enjoying some very private family time.

Just wanted you to be the first to know.

Lots of love,

Sheryl.

Loving the name Wyatt - kind of cute.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: Jessica Marx

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/12/sheryl_crows_a_mommy.php

How come when Kevin Costner names his kid Wyatt, we make fun of him, but when Sheryl Crow does it, we think it's cute??

How come when Kevin Costner names his kid Wyatt, we make fun of him, but when Sheryl Crow does it, we think it's cute??

Word. How come "Shiloh" is pretentious but this is okay?

Here's a nice Fug picture of Sheryl from PerezHilton (looks like somebody's had some more work done):

Posted Image

Wyatt is stroking Costner's ego(which is still monstruous)...he played Wyatt Earp on the big screen. Sheryl Crow after her father...which is a tribute to her old man. I don't think there can be a comparison.

People actually dig Sheryl Crowe, regardless who she's dated, at least she's trying to make a difference.

I like her, I just think that the treatment of the 2 kids named Wyatt is somewhat hypocritical. Even if I understand why we "approve" of her reasons for using it and don't "approve" of Costner's, the name itself is still funny, right?

OK, maybe we'll just agree to disagree on this......

I like her, I just think that the treatment of the 2 kids named Wyatt is somewhat hypocritical. Even if I understand why we "approve" of her reasons for using it and don't "approve" of Costner's, the name itself is still funny, right?

OK, maybe we'll just agree to disagree on this......

LOL! This isn't that big of a deal and this doesn't seem like this is one of our trademark disagreements. I was making a point that people tease the kid's name probably because it's Costner and he named it after a role he played....I don't think it's necessarily a bad name...IMHO. And Sheryl probably won't be judged to harshly compared to Costner.

14th Annual Revlon Run/Walk for Women in L.A.

Filed under: Events , Sheryl Crow

Posted Image

Billed as one of the country's largest 5K fundraiser, the Revlon Run/Walk for Women took place over the Mother's Day Weekend in Los Angeles. Several celebrity supporters showed up to participate in the event created to raise funds for cancer research. Fran Drescher, Sheryl Crow, Eva Mendes, Jessica Alba and Michael Chiklis all lent their support to the cause. Seriously, though, my favorite is Shar Jackson, who seems pleasant enough. But I must admit that her "career" confuses me. What is it exactly that she does? And may I please get to do it as well? Because she seems to be doing aight, considering I'm only really familiar with her ability to bear Kevin Federline's children.

Also, Jessica Alba is frustrating me even further by participating. It's almost as if she's saying, "I'm beautiful AND I hate cancer. Top that." Dammit. For the life of me, I simply can't.

More photos (Mandy Moore, Fran Drescher, Sheryl Crow, Eva Mendes, Michael Chiklis, Jessica Alba, Shar Jackson) from the Revlon Walk in Los Angeles after the jump.

(Mandy Moore, Fran Drescher)

(Sheryl Crow)

(Eva Mendes, Michael Chiklis, Jessica Alba)

(Jessica Alba, Shar Jackson)

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/14/14th_a...women_in_la.php

Sheryl Crow Adopts

Posted Image

Sheryl Crow is the latest celebrity to adopt but before you go calling her a bandwagon jumper check this out: she adopted a child from the UNITED STATES!!! Yeah, I know! A plain old American!! Probably the result of unprotected teenage sex! How painfully non-exotic. I bet the kid doesn't even have a mohawk!

I'm just kidding Sheryl. Good for you!!

The baby is a 2 week old boy. Sheryl named him Wyatt, after her father.

http://asshathollywood.blogspot.com/

(IMDB.com)

Sheryl Shows Off Baby Wyatt

Sheryl Crow is wasting no time showing off her new bundle of joy - the rocker appears cradling adopted son Wyatt on the cover of this week's OK! Weekly magazine in America. The singer/songwriter beams in the posed cover shot as a sleepy Wyatt lies in her arms. Crow announced the news of her adoption on her website earlier this month, cooing, "I am so excited to share with you guys that I've adopted a little boy... he was born two weeks ago." In an interview accompanying the photos, Crow insists she won't be rushing out too find her baby boy a daddy anytime soon. The rocker, who broke off her engagement to cyclist Lance Armstrong last year says, "I'm having a great time dating... There is somebody but I'm not walking down the aisle."

Edited by BobbyD

Sheryl Crow Shows Off Her Little Man

Filed under: Celebrity Baby Monitor , Sheryl Crow

Posted Image

And what a cutie he is. Sheryl Crow is featured cradling her adopted son Wyatt on the cover of the latest issue of OK! Weekly. It's nice to see that smile back on her face.

Sheryl Crow is wasting no time showing off her new bundle of joy - the rocker appears cradling adopted son Wyatt on the cover of this week's OK! Weekly magazine in America. The singer/songwriter beams in the posed cover shot as a sleepy Wyatt lies in her arms.

Crow announced the news of her adoption on her website earlier this month, cooing, "I am so excited to share with you guys that I've adopted a little boy... he was born two weeks ago."

In an interview accompanying the photos, Crow insists she won't be rushing out too find her baby boy a daddy anytime soon.

The rocker, who broke off her engagement to cyclist Lance Armstrong last year says, "I'm having a great time dating... There is somebody but I'm not walking down the aisle."

Congrats Sheryl, you're going to be a great mom!

Posted by: Jessica Marx

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/24/sheryl..._little_man.php

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheryl Crow Has a New Man in Her Life :)

Sheryl Crow says she thinks her infant son, Wyatt, will be the first in a "whole troop" of children in her life.

"I've always wanted to adopt. Even if I'd had my own kids, I would have adopted," she tells OK! magazine in its latest issue, now on newsstands. "I love the idea of adopting. I always thought I had an immense amount of love to give."

Wyatt Steven Crow was born April 29. "I flew to where he was, which was in another state, and I took him home a day later. He was 1 day old," the Los Angeles-based singer-guitarist says.

"I went through the proper channels and did it just like everybody else does it," she says. "They don't put you at the front of the line just because you're a rock star."

Mother and son are featured on the cover and inside the pages of OK!

A representative for the magazine wouldn't disclose the terms of the deal for the photo shoot to The Associated Press. But Crow, in a posting Thursday on her Web site, said she agreed to do the photos after OK! offered to make a "generous donation" to the World Food Program, a United Nations organization that works to fight child hunger.

The WFP says it plans to use the proceeds to help feed schoolchildren in the poverty-stricken southern Africa country of Lesotho.

Did Crow want a boy?

"I did not care," she tells OK! "I did not care about what nationality. I do believe, and it may sound wacky, that souls pick their surroundings. I feel like Wyatt was on his way, one way or the other."

Crow, 45, underwent breast cancer surgery in February 2006, the same month that she and cycling champ Lance Armstrong announced they had broken off their engagement.

She calls Wyatt her "main man."

"I'm very happy where I am and don't feel any pressure to get married," she says. "Wyatt is going to be the gatekeeper! There won't be anybody coming between Wyatt and mom."

Will her son have siblings?

"Definitely, a whole troop! I love kids. I can definitely see myself adopting more kids," she says.

A nine-time Grammy winner, Crow's hits include "Soak up the Sun," "If It Makes You Happy" and "All I Wanna Do."

___

On the Net:

OK! magazine:

http://www.ok-magazine.com/

Sheryl Crow:

http://www.sherylcrow.com

World Food Program:

http://www.wfp.org

New Baby-Mama, Sheryl Crow

Filed under: Sheryl Crow

Posted Image

I'm pretty much basing my opinion on Sheryl Crow as a person on the fact that I've seen her hiking on one of my favorite hiking spots in Los Angeles, Runyon Canyon, with a friend and looking very normal and down-to-earth. And seeing these pictures of her with her adopted baby boy, Wyatt, makes me like her even more. Can you see how easy it is to get on my good side? Well, Sheryl told OK! magazine that she has plans to expand her family even further. When asked if she planned on adopting more children, she responded by saying:

"Definitely, a whole troop! I love kids. I can definitely see myself adopting more kids."

Aww, I think that's quite sweet. I've always wanted to adopt as well, but that's because I'm kind of happy with the stretch marks I already have, thanks. Wow, that sounded a lot less shallow in my head...

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

More images of Sheryl Crow, Courteney Cox, Laura Dern and the kids after the jump.

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/29/new_ba...sheryl_crow.php

Sheryl Crow @ Black Ball Concert 2007

Posted Image

Sheryl Crow arrives at the 2007 Annual Black Ball Concert for AIDS charity Keep a Child Alive at Hammerstein Ballroom on Thursday in New York City.

The singer-songwriter wore a mélange of black items including a plunging neckline top, a fur-trimmed vest, a wrap, button-down fleece leggings and leather studded boots.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Sheryl’s fashion mash-up? (You must look at the close-ups to judge!)