leaivory

The Spice Girls

Posh Turns Down The Volume

Posted Image

The Spice Girls attended Roberto Cavalli's show in Milan yesterday and Posh was looking so subdued. Bitch must have let that little "worst-dressed" title get to her. Either that or she's recovering from some surgery. She seriously looks like a Palm Beach socialite on recovery. Facelift! Scary Spice looks just that....Scary! At first I thought Venus Williams got herself a new weave.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Holy hell, Mel B looks like a trannie :blink: You know it's bad when Victoria isn't the worst looking one.

Aussie fans lash out at Spice Girls

February 05, 2008 12:00am

Posted Image

Disgusted ... The Spice Girls have outraged Aussie fans by cancelling their tour

OUTRAGED Australian fans have lashed out at the Spice Girls after the group scrapped plans to tour Down Under.

The Spice Girls announced over the weekend that they would not be including Australia on their world reunion tour as planned, due to "family and personal commitments".

The girl group has also cancelled planned appearances in Beijing, Cape Town and Buenos Aires, and will wrap up their tour in Toronto, Canada, on February 26.

The Spice Girls - made up of Emma Bunton, Geri Halliwell, Melanie Brown, Melanie Chisholm and Victoria Beckham - began their comeback world tour in December last year.

While not confirmed, a Sydney show was originally pencilled in for January, but kept being put off as the group extended US and UK shows.

Websites today were still suggesting they could play in Sydney on April 30.

Following news of the cancellation, angry fans have taken to the internet to express their disappointment, bombarding the group's unofficial website SpiceGirls.co.uk with negative responses.

"I am absolutely disgusted in them," a fan named Charm said. "Most of us have been waiting years for this and they have just ruined it all for us. As far as I am concerned, they have just lost another fan. So much for girl power."

Some branded the group liars.

"They have known all along when their kids go to school or whatever," Stace88 said. "It's a crappy excuse, really it's all just about money ... they've made enough now so who cares about anywhere else right?"

Fans said they were upset that promoters kept promising concert dates.

"How dare they get our hopes up by sending emails asking us how many tickets we wanted," Ezzy B said.

Fans also headed to the group's MySpace page, personal websites and news sites.

On the social networking site Facebook, two groups have started recruiting members, Spice Girls Suck for cancelling tour to Australia and Spice Girls Dogged Australia.

Also circulating on the web is a picture of the group holding up a sign - "We Lie".

Some fans said they had cancelled overseas trips to see the group, who have never performed in Australia.

The website SpiceNews.com, which has been running since 1998, announced it was closing down.

"I can't support people who I don't respect, and I don't respect people who plainly screw over and lie to their fans, that being the Spice Girls," the site's administrator said.

While the group also blamed the demand for tickets in the US and the UK, there is some speculation of infighting within the band.

The girl band reunited in a blaze of publicity in June last year with their greatest hits album going straight to number one in Australia.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story...45-7484,00.html

Spice Girls Scrap Spring Dates, Cut Tour Short

The Spice Girls have stunned fans in China, South Africa, Australia and Argentina by scrapping the last leg of their reunion tour.

The group, who kicked off their sold-out world trek in December, have decided not to complete dates due to "family and personal commitments."

A statement released on Friday by the group's publicist read, "Sadly the tour needs to come to an end by the end of February due to family and personal commitments for Emma, Geri, Mel B, Melanie C and Victoria.

"It was announced in June that, as well as the Europe and the U.S., the girls planned to visit Australia, China, South Africa and Argentina. Due to the phenomenal demand for tickets in the U.K and the U.S. along with the touring logistics for such a massive production it was not possible to fit everything in."

In a message to their devotees, they said: "It's been incredible being back together and seeing our fans again.

"Really sorry if we didn't get to see you this time around. We have other commitments in our lives now. But who knows what will happen next?"

The world tour will now end in Toronto, Canada, on February 26.

The Spice Girls Are Sorry

The Spice Girls videotaped a message to their fans apologizing for cutting their tour short. They go on about how the they already extended and their children need to go back to school. You mean they aren't in school now? Get Child Protective Services on them. Please, like they really handle that shit. I bet you if I asked Posh where her kids went to school, she would throw me the evil side eye.

Somebody put together a pretty funny Spice Girl parody of the real reason why they agreed to the tour and why are ending it...MONEY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wf0LSvqEEo

Spice Girls: Goodbye for Good?

PEOPLE

Planning to catch the Spice Girls on the next go-round? Don't hold your breath!

That's the pessimistic prognosis from Geri Halliwell (a.k.a. Ginger Spice), who tells Billboard magazine that a reunion tour "probably won't happen ever again."

The group's Return of the Spice Girls World Tour finishes in Toronto on February 26 and that, she said, "is the last time you will ever get to see this Girl Power, the five Spices on the stage as one."

But would Halliwell – who notoriously split with the all-girl group in May 1998 – officially rule out performing again, if it's, you know, what fans really, really want?

"What this reunion taught me is you can never say never," she told the music publication. (In fact, there is already speculation in the U.K. press that the Girls could regroup for longtime-fan Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday this summer.)

Disputes Reports of In-Fighting

The comeback was "an experience of a lifetime," Halliwell added, disputing reports that the reunion was terminating early because of in-fighting among the five members.

"Actually it's gone on longer than planned," she insisted, "because we thought we were only going to go to the end of January. After February everybody had commitments – kids had to go back to school and that. So we had to leave places out that we would have loved to have gone to."

In May, the flame-haired singer takes her talent from the stage to the page, when she publishes a new children's book – whose main character is named Ugenia Lavende. Halliwell calls her a "a rebirth of girl power."

Where Did He Get Such Talent?

Posted Image

At last night's Spice Girls concert at Madison Square Garden in NYC, the hags brought their kids on stage yet again. Don't you think if you have to equip your kids with heavy ass ear protectors that maybe it's not a good idea if you bring them on stage? Those kids don't give a fuck! They want to be playing with their boogers. Anyway, Cruz Beckham managed to steal the spotlight by breaking out in a breakdance in front of everyone. All the Spice Girls were apparently shocked and surprised. Probably because they can't believe that kind of talent came from their gene pool. I'm sure Posh staged that whole thing. She was standing backstage with him like Mama Rose shouting "On your 'ed Cruz! On your 'ed!!!"

Cruz Beckham to Star in "Step Up 3: Baby Steps"

Posted Image

Victoria Beckham's two-year-old son, Cruz Beckham, upstaged the Spice Girls at their Madison Square Garden concert when he busted out some serious breakdancing moves on stage with the other Spice Girl kids. According to one attendee of the concert, "All the girls had to stop singing because they were laughing so hard... He did a little headstand, then even spun on his head a little."

The toddler won a standing ovation for his impromptu performance and showed who on that stage really should have been participating in last season's "Dancing with the Stars." That's right, Mel B, you just got served.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

"Holy hell, Mel B looks like a trannie" blink.gif

Well yeah, that's how she got Eddie Murphy to go out with her. Since she's biologically a woman, it's puzzling how she got him to actually.... nevermind, I don't really want to know.

Geri Halliwell Calls Cruz Beckham 'A Little Star'

By Brian Orloff

The reviews are in for little Cruz Beckham's break-dancing routine at Monday's Spice Girls concert in New York – and Geri Halliwell, for one, is a fan.

"Victoria’s son Cruz was a little star," Halliwell writes on the Spice Girls' official blog. "We all had our children up on stage tonight and Cruz started break dancing! How cool is that? It’s clearly in the family."

Halliwell's own 21-month-old daughter, Bluebell Madonna, also joined the party onstage, taking the mic and cooing at the end of the song, "Mama" after young Beckham, who turned 3 Thursday, showed off some choice moves.

In her blog entry, Halliwell, 35, also turned an eye on her band's performance: "So we've just played Madison Square Garden and it was amazing."

What especially thrilled her was that the concert marked the first one at the venue with all five Spice Girls onboard. (The ladies performed there previously – but that was after Halliwell had left the band.)

"I feel so delighted," Halliwell writes. "The energy and atmosphere were amazing."

'Sadness and Joy'

As the high-profile reunion tour winds down, "I feel a mixture of sadness and joy," she writes. "I know it’s time to come home yet I will miss everyone from the tour. I love New York so, so much and I have had a blast here."

During her time in the Big Apple, Halliwell managed a full itinerary, "enjoying the nightlife, the vintage shopping, the food and the people."

Spice Girls Say Final Farewell

By Kristin Boehm

It's official! Using their song lyrics and blog, the Spice Girls bid a final farewell Wednesday to cap the conclusion of their successful reunion tour.

"Our time is up ... we've come to the end of the road ... there are tears of both sadness and joy. Look how far we've come!," the group wrote on their Web site. "Yes, our reunion tour is proof that dreams do come true."

The letter to fans on the Spice blog was signed with love from Emma [bunton], Geri [Halliwell], Mel B [brown], Melanie C [Chisolm] and Victoria [beckham] after concluding a song best summed up their feelings:

"Goodbye my friend, it's not the end ... So glad we made it, time will never ever change it ... "

The Spice Girls, who last year reunited for the first time since 1998 and completed shows in Europe and the U.S., closed their tour with a show in Toronto Tuesday night. They were originally scheduled to go to Australia and South America, but family obligations and an already overextended timeline wouldn't allow for it.

As for whether the Spice Girls are done for good or just taking another break, the ladies write, "We look to the future with hope and imagination and let Girl Power live on through all of you as it will continue in us and the future generations to come."

Mel C Trying For A Baby?

Spice Girl Melanie Chisholm has been inspired to try for a baby after spending so much time with fellow band members and their children.

After hanging out with her colleagues' kids during the band's recent reunion, the singer, who is the only Spice Girl without children, now wants to start a family with long-term love Tom Starr.

She says, "Being backstage at the shows with the girls and all the kids made me think, 'Yeah I could be a good mum.'

"I used to say giving them (the children) back was the best bit, but seriously all the girls are great mums ... and they have given me the confidence to have a go."

Band member Victoria Beckham is mother to Brooklyn, 7, Romeo, 5, and Cruz, 3; Melanie Brown has two daughters, Phoenix Chi, 9, and Angel Irish, 1; Geri Halliwell gave birth to Bluebell Madonna in 2006; and Emma Bunton is mom to seven-month-old Beau.

Spice Girls Deny Concert Dvd Release

The SPICE GIRLS have disappointed scores of fans by announcing they will not be releasing a DVD recording of their comeback tour.

The group angered supporters across the globe after reneging on plans to extend their reunion tour to countries including Australia, China and South Africa earlier this year (08).

The Wannabe stars were due to play concerts in Cape Town, South Africa; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Beijing, China; and Sydney, Australia in February (08), but dates for the gigs were never set and the final leg of the tour was subsequently pulled due to "personal commitments".

Fans who were denied the chance to see their idols in concert had hoped they would be able to enjoy the show on DVD instead.

But the girlband have now ruled out the idea altogether.

A post on their website reads: "Sadly, there will not be a DVD release of the 47-date tour, but the girls hope you were all left with some fantastic personal memories of the show."

The band played their final live date in Toronto, Canada, on 26 February (08).

Source: contactmusic

The SPICE GIRLS have disappointed scores of fans by announcing they will not be releasing a DVD recording of their comeback tour.

Liars. They'd do anything for a buck and, eventually, a DVD of the tour will come out.

Geri Halliwell's Fitness Love

Geri Halliwell was attracted to her new man because they are both "fitness freaks".

The Spice Girl, who began dating backing dancer Ivan 'Flipz' Velez after meeting him on the band's world tour, loves working out with her new lover and feels she has finally found a meaningful relationship.

A source said: "Ivan is very fit and healthy. He is gorgeous and loves the fact that Geri is a fitness freak too and looks after her body so well. They are a perfect match on paper, but who knows what will happen."

Geri - who has previously dated actor Jerry O'Connell, British comic David Walliams, singer Robbie Williams and has a two-year-old daughter, Bluebell Madonna, with scriptwriter Sacha Gervasi - isn't the first Spice Girl to fall for a dancer.

Mel B married backing dancer Jimmy Gulzar in 1998, but the pair split shortly after.

Source :people.monstersandcritics.com

Geri Halliwell's Posh Bond

Geri Halliwell and Victoria Beckham have bonded over motherhood.

The Spice Girl - who was reported to have fallen out with Victoria after quitting the group in 1998 - has rubbished rumours she and her sometime bandmate don't get along and says they and their children are incredibly close.

She told Britain's You magazine: "Victoria and I were talking the other day about why we are always made out to be enemies - it couldn't be further from the truth. We are actually the biggest supporters of each other. We feel really proud of one another, particularly when you add this bond of motherhood."

Geri has a 23-month-old daughter Bluebell from her brief relationship with scriptwriter Sacha Gervasi, while Victoria has three sons - Brooklyn, nine, Romeo, five, Cruz, three - with her soccer star husband David.

The star, better known as Ginger Spice, also revealed Victoria's boys looked after Bluebell on the group's recent reunion tour.

She added: "We had a creche backstage and it was wonderful. They are all such great kids. I have huge admiration for Victoria, she had her boys with her the whole time and she's done such a great job with them - they are all so well-mannered and caring. Romeo is so sweet with Bluebell, they are all so lovely to be around."

Source: people.monstersandcritics.com

Liars. They'd do anything for a buck and, eventually, a DVD of the tour will come out.

I'm thinking Christmas 2008. :D

George Michael's Geri Date

George Michael and Geri Halliwell enjoyed a double date with their respective lovers on Monday night (21.04.08).

The Spice Girl and backing dancer Ivan 'Flipz' Velez joined the 'Careless Whisper' singer and his long-term partner Kenny Goss at exclusive London restaurant San Carlo.

An onlooker said: "Both couples seemed to be getting on well and Geri looks smitten with Ivan. During the dinner, Geri was kissing her boyfriend and doing a dance which entertained fellow diners."

Earlier in the day, Geri and Flipz - who met during the Spice Girls' recent reunion tour - had enjoyed a romantic bike ride around Hampstead Heath.

Geri, 35, is said to be besotted with Flipz and is keen to have a baby with him.

A source close to Geri - who already has a 23-month-old daughter Bluebell from a previous relationship - said: "Geri is keen for a sibling for Bluebell and last year she vowed to find the right man one way or another.

"Flipz is great with Bluebell. Geri can see how Flipz would fit easily into her family."

Halliwell Turns Bratty For Books

Pop star GERI HALLIWELL loved writing for her new series of children's books - because the "therapeutic" experience allowed her to express her inner "brat".

The mother-of-one, 35, admits she was transformed into another world when she was penning the kids' fiction, allowing her to tap into the realm of her feisty eight-year-old alter ego, Ugenia Lavender.

She says, "One of the things I liked about writing the books was that it was almost like I got to exercise that brat-child that I am not allowed to be in real life.

"All the things I can't do in real life - like sulking or stamping my feet or being rude to someone - Ugenia can do in the book."

And the former Spice Girl, who came up with the character of Ugenia a year before her daughter Bluebell Madonna was born in 2006, insists her sassy heroine was inspired by her fellow bandmates.

She adds, "I wrote these books before I had any inclination that the Spice Girls reunion would ever happen, and part of the motivation for creating this character was that I wanted to find a new medium for Girl Power. Ugenia is like all the Spice Girls rolled into one."

Halliwell's set of six stories, entitled Ugenia, will be published monthly in the U.K. between May and October (08).

Geri Halliwell's Bully Fear

Geri Halliwell says a school bully threatened to throw her onto train tracks.

The former Spice Girl had a tough time at school in Watford, England, and based the main character in her debut children's book, 'Ugenia Lavender', on her 'inner brat'.

Speaking to Britain's The Sun newspaper, Geri said: "There was a girl at school who threatened to throw me over the railway tracks. I remember telling my dad about this girl's threats and him talking to the headmistress. It all came flashing back when I visited my old school a few weeks ago."

In the book, Ugenia is a misfit who struggles to find new friends at school and gets bullied.

Geri, 34, loosely based the tome on her own experiences.

She launched the book with a reading and tea party, inviting pupils from Watford Girls' Grammar School, which she attended, at London Zoo yesterday (27.04.08).

Halliwell Bettered By Motherhood

GERI HALLIWELL has undergone a complete personality transformation since becoming a mother - she's now able to be selfless.

The mother-of-one, 35, admits she was self-absorbed before the birth of daughter Bluebell Madonna in 2006 - but she has since learned to care for others.

She says, "I am humbled by having a child. I was incredibly selfish.

"I am much more compassionate to there people. Before, I was less interested in other people."

Spice Girl Melanie Chisolm Welcomes a Baby Girl

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Spice Girls just got a new addition.

Melanie Chisolm, a.k.a. Sporty Spice, welcomed daughter Scarlet Starr at 4:10 p.m. on Sunday in London. The baby girl weighed in at 8 lbs., 3 oz., and is "beautiful" and "doing fine," the singer announced on her Web site.

Scarlet is the first child for Mel C., 35, and her partner of six years, Thomas Starr.

To post your congratulations to the new mom, visit Celebrity Baby Blog.

Source: People

Bunton's Son Hospitalised

Former SPICE GIRLS singer EMMA BUNTON was left in tears after her two-year-old son was admitted to hospital following a nasty accident.

Beau, Bunton's only child with partner Jade Jones, fell over last week (beg05Oct09) and was left with a bloodied lip.

The toddler's worried parents took him to hospital in London and Bunton reveals it was one of the most frightening incidents of her life.

She tells British magazine Now, "It's been an emotional week for me as Beau had his first accident, which left both of us in tears. He fell over his scooter and his tooth pierced his bottom lip, so there was blood everywhere."

The former singer was relieved when doctors patched Beau up and sent him home, and admits she probably over-reacted.

She adds, "After a trip to A&E (the Accident and Emergency department), where the other mums assured me it would be the first of many accidents, he's absolutely fine and probably enjoyed all the ice cream and lolly treats he had that day."

Source contactmusic

Been there, done that. I think every parent I know has that first ER visit (usually for a head accident that bleeds like hell and then ends up being a teeny tiny little cut). Then you feel like an idiot when you realize it. Now my kids just bang themselves around all the time and I hardly notice it's so routine!

Geri Halliwell: 'You either love or hate Victoria Beckham'

Geri Halliwell has compared her Spice Girls bandmate Victoria Beckham to pungent yeast spread Marmite - insisting you either love her or hate her.

Halliwell, along with Beckham, Melanie Brown, Melanie Chisholm and Emma Bunton, shot to fame in 1996 with their "Wannabe" track and went on to become the biggest girlband in British history.

When quizzed over who she believed was the most popular member of the group, Halliwell based her answer on the number of dolls in their likeness that were sold to fans.

And although the "Look At Me" singer is convinced Chisholm sold the least dolls, she insists it is Beckham who divides opinion most - claiming she's "like Marmite," a British breakfast spread which has such a distinctive taste that it polarizes the nation into 'Love it/hate it' groups.

Halliwell tells Piers Morgan's Life Stories, "It would be according to what dolls are left on the shelf. I think probably Sporty (Chisholm). Do you know what, actually I always refer to Victoria... you'd get this very black or white feeling, either absolute adoration or not. She knows that, she's like Marmite.

"I absolutely love her. The girl that I know has got absolutely nothing to do with the one I see in the media."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0k4KRHSgO