Hoyaheel

Harvey Weinstein

Also - I call BS on all these people that rebuffed his advances. Angelina would do anything to stay relevant, and sleeping with Weinstein is a minor inconvenience

Agree completely. It's been long rumored that Gwyneth Paltrow was cast in Shakespeare in Love because she slept with Weinstein. I believe her part was supposed to go to Winona Ryder.

ETA: Also, I see a lot of actors and actresses are defending themselves by saying "I never saw any of these behaviors", which is probably true. I doubt Weinstein was raping women in front of A-listers, and I find it plausible they didn't know all the details, but they knew he was crossing the line even if they didn't know how far, and for them to pretend like this is some shocking revelation is ridiculous.

Edited by witchkitten
  • Like 1

Lainey's intro today on this topic was interesting. Not entirely sure how much I believe her but she talks about the isolation/bubble of the A listers that allows them to ignore this sort of behavior. So I could sort of see that perspective.

That said - I'm not sure it's relevant for everyone to make a comment saying how much they don't know.....

And his wife is leaving him......

I saw that, and I didn't know he was married to Georgina Chapman! :shocked:

• Like 1

Clooney’s comment was basically, yeah I knew he hit on a bunch of younger women and was kind of a douche that way, everyone saw that, but I never knew about the stuff that was happening behind closed doors. I can’t decide if that’s plausible or not, but Paltrow admits she told Brad Pritt about it, so some of them knew at least a little and they all know each other. I’m also unsure about the credibility of all of the “he tried but I said no” but at the same time, I have enough experience of the world to never blame someone for not coming forward with victimization. There are just too many reasons why you might not feel able to. It takes a lot of strength and willingness to revictimize yourself and I’m not going to say someone should be vilified for being a victim.

• Like 2

Really?? You must not have watched Joan & Melissa on the red carpet or read Lainey's fashion? She HATES Marchesa and the only reason so many wore it was because of Weinstein's power....

• Like 1

The cynic in me (who was insomniac last night) wonders if a divorce is an asset-hiding scheme, so she gets a lot of his personal assets that can't be touched when the civil proceedings come (and you know they will....) Then in a couple years, they can get back together and she'll have the money/real estate etc?

Page Six is making it sound more like a "break" while he's in rehab, so I'm not sure......

I love Terry Crews more than ever.

http://pagesix.com/2017/10/10/terry-crews-details-alleged-sexual-assault-by-high-level-hollywood-exec/

“I let it go. And I understand why many women who this happens to let it go,” he tweeted. “Who’s going 2 believe you? ( few) What r the repercussions?(many) Do u want 2 work again? (Yes) R you prepared 2b ostracized?(No).”

• Like 2

Really?? You must not have watched Joan & Melissa on the red carpet or read Lainey's fashion? She HATES Marchesa and the only reason so many wore it was because of Weinstein's power....

I must have totally missed the Joan/Melissa references (I don't read Lainey)! Selective memory I guess!

• Like 1

There is no way that most of them didn't know. And it's questionable to say the least that so many went along with it, all for the sake of money. People will sell their souls for money. The whole thing was wrong from what he did and from what they allowed. And please, don't go to the victim-blaming thing here with what I am saying, these people went through with it for their own advancement. They sold themselves out for money.

Edited by Hihomumio

Bad Man’s Wife Has A Secret

October 12, 2017

[Naughty Gossip]

This celebrity couple recently broke up, but while everyone has been focusing on HIS naughty behavior, SHE has a secret of her own.

She was also cheating and having an affair with a much younger man.

The bold-faced-name lady is desperate to make sure her dirty secret doesn’t get out. She has even been paying her young lover’s rent to encourage him to keep his pretty mouth shut!

Similar: A Super Exciting Divorce

There is no way that most of them didn't know. And it's questionable to say the least that so many went along with it, all for the sake of money. People will sell their souls for money. The whole thing was wrong from what he did and from what they allowed. And please, don't go to the victim-blaming thing here with what I am saying, these people went through with it for their own advancement. They sold themselves out for money.

I am glad you said that out loud. I don't condone what Weinstein did any way shape or form, but if you did what you did to get a job instead of walking away, I am not sure that you can take the higher ground. I am also of the belief that if this was such a wide open secret that when people go to a meeting (in a hotel room for fuck's sake) that you can say you didn't have idea of what might happen.

Just for the record, does this mean that Paltrow should give back the Oscar or is it payment for services rendered? (I know that was bad but she should not have won and she should not have worn that god awful pink dress.)

• Like 2

http://www.laineygossip.com/harvey-weinstein-reportedly-bullied-stars-into-wearing-marchesa-on-red-carpets/48165

Lainey addresses the future of Marchesa today, without Harvey to push his stars to wear the gowns, will the company survive??

Well, I would be lying if I said I would miss hearing ". . . and the lovely Georgina Chapman" [as one of the judges] on PR Allstars.

• Like 1

We all knew she would never actually leave him.  I'm sure she knew what was going on the entire time.

• Like 1

I hope that everyone who stuck by her because she was “an innocent” speaks with their wallet if she goes back. I know there weren’t too many but there should be none left in that case. 

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see how many wear Marchesa at the Oscars, and how Anna Wintour responds if Chapman does get back together with him publicly...

Harvey Weinstein Found Guilty of Rape in New York City Trial

...was found guilty on two counts, rape in the third degree and criminal sexual act in the first degree. He was found not guilty on two counts of predatory sexual assault and one count of rape in the first degree. 

Weinstein, who has continuously denied all allegations of non-consensual sex, was handcuffed and taken out of the courtroom. He will be sentenced on March 11. 

https://www.eonline.com/news/998310/harvey-weinstein-found-guilty-of-rape-in-new-york-city-trial?source=email&medium=emn-cta-1&cmpid=breaking&content=emn-full-details

• Like 1