Sign in to follow this  
princess

Britney Spears

pagesixsixsix.comIt seems that the folks at Britney Spears' record label, Jive, have decided not to release the new album that the pop tart has been working on. Why? They (rightfully) think Spears is overexposed.After a recent media overhaul thanks to a wedding, a greatest hits album, and a possibly pregnancy, Jive Records has decided to push back the album to 2006.An insider says, “Britney had already been working on a follow-up to 2003's, 'In The Zone,' but the plans were shelved. The media and record buying public have been exposed to way too much Britney and because of that her album, Original Doll, has been pushed to the 2006 release schedule.”So knock a baby or two out, and we’ll expect a new CD by Brit (or Mona Lisa as her new alter ego is called) in 2006. Life in plastic is fantastic!

So when's the next Britney album coming out?Anyone?Never? Oh, right.

My guess is not anytime soon, I think hubby is trying to get center stage right now.

Kevin & Britney Mix Work, Romance in Vegas

MONDAY JULY 31, 2006 01:50PM EST

people.com

Kevin Federline traveled to Las Vegas for work – to shoot his "Lose Control" video – but, with wife Britney Spears in tow, managed to find time for fun.

On Thursday night, Federline, 28, Spears, 24, their 10-month-old son, Sean Preston, and seven friends hit the Sin City restaurant Tao at the Venetian, where Mom and Dad dined on Buddha Chicken and Kobe Sirloin and baby Sean enjoyed mashed carrots, spinach and asparagus prepared just for him by head chef Josh Thomsen, a source tells PEOPLE.

On Saturday, Federline, who will perform "Lose Control" at the Teen Choice Awards on Aug. 20, filmed the video for the song at Pure Nightclub at Caesars Palace.

Once the video had wrapped at around 10:30 p.m., Pure opened to clubgoers and Federline and his crew stayed to celebrate. Spears, who is expecting the couple's second child this fall, stopped by shortly after midnight and received a hug and plenty of attention from her husband, an observer tells PEOPLE.

After half an hour of canoodling, Spears headed to Tao at the Venetian with a few girlfriends and watched the dance floor from a private perch, while at Pure, Federline took center stage, emceeing from the DJ booth. And he knew how to work the crowd – "Lose Control" was played four times, and by the final spin, the crowd was chanting along.

Sony Plays with K-Fed's "Fire"

E! Online

Like the Teen Choice Awards, Sony BMG has been good to Britney Spears over the years and she has rewarded the record company with millions of dollars in sales. Now Sony can only hope that it's all in the family.

Kevin Federline, aspiring rap star and proprietor of the recently formed Federation Records, has inked a distribution deal with Sony to release his upcoming debut album, Playing with Fire.

All four of Spears' studio albums, from …Baby One More Time to In the Zone--all number-one hits--were released on Sony BMG's Jive Records label.

So apparently Sony is prepared to bring the music of the husband of one of its best-selling artists to the masses, despite the unpromising feedback following Federline's performance of the first single from Playing with Fire Aug. 20 at the Teen Choice Awards, where he was introduced by a gum-chewing Spears.

"Um, the backup dancer had more talent," wrote one viewer who caught a replay on YouTube.com.

Federline's missus gave a shout-out to the crowd about how good the awards show had been to her and her career in years past and pleaded, er, asked that the audience "be as good to our next performer."

But maybe if you've heard one pan, you've heard them all. Federline told People after his Teen Choice appearance that he was happy with the outcome.

"I think I pulled it off pretty well. [but] I'm overly critical of myself."

Well, somebody has to keep K-Fed's feet on the ground, besides XXL magazine editor Elliot Wilson, that is. The journalist told the Associated Press the day after Federline's first musical performance on national TV that hip-hop insiders mainly ignore the "America's Most Hated" rapper.

"He's a joke, basically," Wilson said. "I just don't think he gets it. He doesn't get that he's Britney's man and it's hard to take him seriously."

While he still has the music critics to face when Playing with Fire drops in October, Federline is also inviting the TV critics to bring it on.

The 28-year-old landed a guest appearance on CSI this season, playing a self-important teenager who harasses the crew as they investigate a series of brutal beatings.

"I'm very excited about all of the opportunities that are being presented to me at this time that will allow for me to grow as an artist and please my fans," Federline said. He also told People that, though he has had TV experience starring on the reality series Britney & Kevin: Chaotic, to actually play someone other than himself on CBS' number-one show he'll be relying on his instincts.

"I just read the script," the burgeoning thespian said. "They told me they wanted it to be more of a natural thing that comes to me."

CD REVIEW: Britney's Blackout — From the Inside Out

As Britney Spears' new CD Blackout hits store shelves, OK! provides you with a track-by-track review of Brit's greatest hits and misses...

1. Gimme More — She wants more. She wants to give us more. We get it. Do we want more? Like, ten songs more? Maaaaaybe.

2. Piece of Me – Her anti-tabloid/paparazzi plea. Think Michael Jackson’s “Leave Me Alone,” without the musical resonance and relevance. Impressive use of the word “derriere.” That’s French for “butt,” y’all.

3. Radar — In which we learn what Britney wants in a man – and what’s on her radar. "Confidence is a must; cockiness is a plus; edginess is a rush; edges I like ‘em rough. A man with a Midas touch. Intoxicate me I’m a lush…” Suddenly, the K-Fed relationship makes a lot more sense. It was about booze!

4. Break the Ice – Midway through “Break the Ice” Brit mouths that she “likes this part, it feels kinda good.” That makes one of us.

5. Heaven on Earth – Pure, unadulterated pop crud — and therefore a sure hit among 12- to 16-year-old girls.

6. Freakshow – This is what's called stating the obvious, Britney.

7. Toy Solider – The chorus is “I need a soldier.” Didn’t Destiny’s Child write this song already.

8. Hot as Ice – Again with the ice imagery? “Cold as fire, Hot as Ice.” Doesn’t that make her, like, tepid?

9. Ooh Ooh Baby – This track features subtle a hint of Spanish guitar, and though the chorus is nothing more than “baby, baby, baby, baby” repeated ad nauseum, it’s marginally better than most of the other pop flatulence on here.

10. Perfect Lover – Ten tracks in and we’ve officially reached Britney overload. It all sounds the same: vocoded, synthesized and double-processed. Blackout is the musical equivalent of all the gas station snack foods Brit’s always circling around Malibu to stock up on. This is her Cheetos and Slurpee opus.

11. Why Should I Be Sad – The most ballad-y track by far — a not-so-veiled attack at Fed-Ex — and also, thankfully, the last track on Blackout. Which is why I’m also not sad anymore either.

Britney Spears Flop Fears

Britney Spears' ticket sales are "down considerably".

The 'Womanizer' singer is concerned her comeback tour, 'The Circus Starring Britney Spears' will flop after a large number of concert tickets remain unsold for the opening show in New Orleans tomorrow (03.03.09).

A source said: "Group sales are down considerably, and then you've got individual tickets that cost as much as $500 apiece. That's a lot of money to spend on an artist who isn't a sure bet right now."

The source added: "She's worked really, really hard to make this good. Granted, there've been some hiccups along the way, but she's going to put on a good show. I just hope there are people there to see it. This is really her last chance."

Meanwhile, it has been reported the Pussycat Dolls - who are due to support Britney on the tour - have been caught up in a row over costs.

The girls apparently want to take their male back-up dancers on the road but have been told it will be too expensive.

In a leaked email between their record label head Jimmy Iovine and the band, he said: "We can't afford it. I'm sorry its hard enough right now with the album not selling that's why we did jai ho and re releasing the album. And we want to be able to keep the whole thing going at this level its not a choice its a reality. (sic)"

Source: monstersandcritics.com

Britney Wows Friends & Family

Britney Spears is one step closer to opening her tour to rave reviews, if her the opinions of her friends and family are any indication. The pop star performed 20 of her songs for around 30 of her nearest and dearest Saturday in New Orleans, and sources say it went over well.

“Britney was really tense up until the show,” reports one source to the New York Daily News, “but she got such positive feedback that she’s a lot more confident about her performance.”

Even if those giving the reviews were close like her parents Lynn and Jamie, sister Jamie-Lynn and her own kids, everyone was supportive of the Britster.

“Jamie and Lynn don’t get along at all, but they behaved,” says our insider.

“They’re really rooting for Britney and wanted to make the evening all about her.”

She might be getting even more support from a very well-respected source – Madonna.

“The rumor going around is that Madonna is going to join Brit onstage for at least two tour dates,” says the source. “And that would be totally fierce.”

Source :okmagazine.com

Britney Releases Statement about Sons

Only two days into her first national tour in half a decade, Britney Spears is already fighting off rumors.

Last night, after her performance in Atlanta, Brit-Brit released a statement on her official Web site denouncing reports that ex-hubby Kevin Federline had banned their two sons, Sean Preston and Jayden James, from seeing their mom's concerts.

The statement reads:

"Contrary to rumors linked to false articles, Britney Spears' sons, Sean Preston and Jayden James, will be joining her on the entire Circus tour and will be attending shows as planned. Britney's family is a huge inspiration and she loves having them on the road with her."

After a day off today, Britney's Circus tour rolls down to Miami for a concert on Saturday night.

Source:okmagazine.com

Britney Spears: 'Kevin Federline is Fat & Lacks Ambition'

Britney Spears has reportedly told ex-husband Kevin Federline she'll never take him back - because he's "fat and lacks ambition".

The Toxic singer - who is currently on her Circus world tour - is said to be adamant she doesn't want to rekindle her romance with former dancer Federline, with whom she has two children.

A source tells Now magazine, "Kevin rang Britney to reassure her after he heard she was upset about his new girlfriend Victoria Price. But Brit is convinced he was just rubbing her nose in it.

"She thanked him for calling, but told him he was too fat for her now and that she's holding out for a man she doesn't have to support financially.

"She wanted Kevin to know that he can't affect her any more. He may have been chuckling, but he was left with little doubt that Britney was serious. There was definitely something different and resolute in her voice this time."

Source showbizspy.com

Durst 'Never Lied About Spears Romance'

Fred Durst has insisted that he was telling the truth when he admitted to enjoying a brief fling with Britney Spears in 2003.

Speaking to MTV News, the Limp Bizkit frontman revealed that he had been helping Spears with her In The Zone LP when the romance blossomed - a claim that she has always denied.

"It just became a fiasco of madness," he said. "[but] I always stay true to my heart and true to everything I did and my intentions, and I am in no way a liar.

"I look back on it as very interesting [in terms of] how things have been sort of unraveling for her since. [but] it is what it is. I can sleep at night knowing I made decisions that I wanted to make."

The 38-year-old added; "I just guess at the time it was taboo for a guy like me to be associated with a gal like her."

Last month, Limp Bizkit confirmed that they would be reforming with their original lineup to tour and produce new material.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Spears 'Forces Staff To Take Drug Tests'

Britney Spears has reportedly demanded that all her employees submit to regular drug and alcohol tests on her tour.

The singer is due to take her 'Circus' jaunt to Australia in November for her first ever shows in the country. According to the Herald Sun, all 150 members of Spears's entourage have been asked to sign contracts agreeing to undergo frequent urine checks.

"Britney's rule is clear - zero tolerance," a source said. "No drink. No drugs. If you do not comply, you do not tour with Britney."

In March, it was reported that three of the star's backing dancers were fired for taking drugs.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Britney Spears Controlled By Dad

Britney Spears feels "completely out of it" because her father is so controlling, it has been claimed.

Friends say the '3' singer is so strictly guarded by dad Jamie Spears she has lost track of the time and days of the week.

A source told FoxNews: "She is so out of it she just doesn't care anymore. She just does what she's told and is totally in her world.

"She'll even call people at all hours of night for a general conversation and acts like it's the middle of the day or something."

Jamie - who took charge of Britney's personal and financial affairs after her emotional breakdown in January 2008 - is so determined to keep his daughter under control he is reportedly systematically firing her staff so she doesn't have the chance to get close to anyone.

The source revealed: "He's really trying to clean up her image. He's making a lot of changes to the people around her. Everyone is a bit on edge they could be the next one to be replaced.

"Britney's family has seen what happens when she gets too close to outsiders and they lose control, they don't want it happening again."

Jamie blames Britney's relationship with former manager Sam Lutfi and paparazzo Adnan Ghalib for his daughter's breakdown.

He has taken out restraining orders against both men.

Source monstersandcritics.com

Australian Officials Target Britney Spears's Lip-Synching

Britney Spears just arrived in Australia on Thursday, but already she's the subject of government scrutiny – over whether concertgoers realize she'll be lip-synching portions of her concerts.

Virginia Judge, the Minister for Fair Trading for New South Wales (the Australian state that includes Sydney), said she is considering options to make sure fans aren't misled when buying tickets to Britney's Circus tour concerts. Some seats are going for more than $1,300.

"It is Britney's 'prerogative' to lip-sync, and it is my job to make sure consumers know what they are paying for up front," Judge said in a statement released by the government.

One idea is to require disclaimers on promotional materials and tickets indicating that portions of a show will be pre-recorded.

It's no secret that many artists, including Spears, lip-sync at times during their elaborate stage shows. And this Australian initiative may not have much effect on interest in Spears tickets, given that many of the shows Down Under are already sold out.

"Personally I would rather see a live set from a local artist," Judge said, "but I am sure Britney's fans will be treated to a spectacular show."

Source People

Britney Spears's Twitter Account Hacked?

Britney Spears's Twitter account has been hacked for the second time this year, say reports.

The 'Radar' singer's fans received a strange message from her page today, which contained rambling praise of Satanic worship.

The post read: "I give myself to Lucifer every day for it to arrive as quickly as possible. Glory to Satan! I hope that the new world order will arrive as soon as possible! - Britney."

However, the message was removed within hours.

The star's account was previously hacked in January.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

New Britney Album 'Due Out Late Spring'

Britney Spears will release the follow-up to 2008’s Circus in late spring 2010, it has been confirmed.

According to her record label Jive, the singer is working towards a May release for her seventh studio album.

US songwriter Sean Garrett recently confirmed that he is penning material for the new record.

The 27-year-old is also expected to team up with Max Martin, who wrote previous hits including '…Baby One More Time', 'If U Seek Amy' and current single '3'.

Spears releases The Singles Collection on November 16.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

britney-spears1.jpg

That Britney’s Shameless! Spears Under Fire For Lip Syncing, Lackluster Dancing During Las Vegas Show — Leaked Complaints Log Reveals Fans Say ‘She Looked Bored As Hell!’
RadarOnline

After catching her Las Vegas show, many fans no longer want a piece of Britney Spears.

RadarOnline.com has exclusively obtained the complaints log for Spears’ “Piece of Me” performances at Planet Hollywood— and the reviews are scathing!

After watching “the lethargic dancing along with the terrible miming….we decided to leave the venue,” states one concertgoer, who says she surprised her young daughter with tickets that sell for up to $525. “The show was shockingly fake and Britney looked bored as hell, to put it bluntly.”

“At the show, Britney Spears was blatantly lip-syncing along to a track,” says another (former) fan. “Anyone with ears could tell!”

Though she previously assured fans she was “definitely going to be singing live” during her Vegas residency, the superstar was caught lip syncing twice in February: One night, her vocals suspiciously continued after a mic pack flew off her waistband, and during another performance one week later, Spears’ voice rocketed through the arena although her lips didn’t move.

“There have been so many complaints over Britney’s lip syncing, action had to be taken,” a Planet Hollywood insider tells RadarOnline.com. “Now, her microphone is switched on throughout certain songs.”

Not only fans are up-in-arms over Spears’ behavior: Sources tell RadarOnline.com that the crew is growing increasingly frustrated with the 32-year-old’s offstage diva antics.

“Britney is constantly late, and has to be rushed into hair and makeup with 20 minutes or less to go before show time,” the insider says.

But the mother of two— who famously suffered a breakdown amidst reports of drug use before her father, Jamie, won a conservatorship over her affairs in 2008—may be clueless about the negative chatter. As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Jamie and the singer’s manager, Larry Rudolph, shielded her from bad reviews when her lackluster album, Britney Jean, dropped in December.

“Britney doesn’t even have access to the internet and lives in a bubble,” an insider said at the time. “No one wants to upset Britney. If she were to read anything negative, it could send her into a tailspin!”

Despite the controversy, Spears recently signed on to extend her Planet Hollywood residency through 2016.

She just seems so sad and fragile. I have this image of her kind of wide-eyed and hazy doing these routines in slow mo. The fact that she is do utterly insulated from reality kind of supports the fragile theory. I don't envy her father one bit.

TMZ

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/07/britney-spears-emeregency-mental-health-mother-lynne/

Britney Spears is in dire straits and a judge needs to protect her ... this according to Lynne Spears, who says she can't even wait for the court hearing Friday, because Britney needs her now.

Lynne Spears has filed new court docs, asking a judge to let her appear Wednesday to gain access to Britney's medical information and treatment plan ... despite the fact a court hearing was set for Friday.

Jamie Spears is Britney's conservator and we know there is an extreme conflict between the 2 parents. Lynne is not asking to become a co-conservator with Jamie ... but she clearly has beef with him over the way Britney is being managed.  

Lynne's lawyer says it is in Britney's best interest for her to help manage the situation.

As we reported, Britney is not doing well after her 30-day stay at a mental health facility. As we told you, her meds stopped working and doctors have been unable to find the right combination of drugs. As one source said, "Britney is making bad decisions and it's a problem."

Jamie has been trying to provide structure and discipline, and we're told the conflict is that he believes Lynne is way too permissive and just wants Britney to like her.

A court hearing is also set for Friday. 

Sounds like she is in meltdown mode again, but the structure is in place - even if a little bickering on how best to proceed on her behalf.

Another story from TMZ

Lynne has never been part of the conservatorship. She used to be extremely close to Britney, but when Britney and Justin Timberlake broke up back in 2002, the singer cut her mom out of her life. Their relationship has been spotty ever since ... we're told Lynne hadn't seen Britney for around a year.

We're told Lynne is upset over reports that Jamie had Britney committed to the mental facility and forced drugs on her -- both not true. Jamie's conservatorship doesn't give him that power. But, Lynne has heard the "Free Britney" chant and has now made her move.

Our sources say Jamie is alarmed Britney is using Lynne to get more freedom, during a period where her judgment is extremely bad. She's not allowed to drive with her phone -- security stopped her after she was caught texting and driving a week ago. Security takes her phone when she takes the wheel. By the way ... Britney doesn't have a smartphone -- only a flip phone -- because of what she might do if she has access to the internet.

Britney wants more freedom, and we're told she is using Lynne to get her way. There has been a long-standing conflict between Lynne and Jamie. We're told Lynne is deferential to Britney, while Jamie is walking a tightrope ... trying to give Britney freedom, but understanding too much freedom can trigger the type of episode that almost killed Britney in 2008.

Our sources say Jamie has confided in friends if Britney goes off the rails she could lose custody of her kids ... and quickly.

The showdown is set for Friday in court when Lynne will ask a judge for access to medical info. She's staying with Britney and we're told it's possible Britney will show up for the hearing.

I didn't realize they had a falling out, makes sense she's now trying to "help" (aka someone not involved in the day-to-day maintenance of a bipolar person rarely "helps" during a crisis).  Kind of like someone without kids giving advice on how to parent. :rolleyes:

hmm I'm really conflicted about this.

Easy for us all to judge without a full understanding of her heath and history....but then again awful to think it might be true.

If it's true her dad is a shit and if it's not true her mom is a shit for contributing to the gossip. 

Poor Brit...

• Like 1

The way I read between the lines, her Dad is in charge of the conservatorship.  This is decided by a judge, often they actually pick independent 3rd party people to be in charge of it.  It's not taken lightly.  The Dad also has to report to the judge every 3? months, so it's not like he has unlimited power.  Anything he does has to be to Brit's benefit, not his own.  At least I know this is how it works in California.  The books are audited and he has to do all kinds of crappy paperwork being in charge of the conservatorship.

In terms of what meds Brit is trying, most people go with the professional doc advice.  That is their job.  With Brit being in conservatorship, if her Dad tried to change that he would have to answer to the judge why he was making decisions that conflict with the doc.  The judge prob will get reports directly from docs, especially if she is this unstable.

Sounds to me like the mother wants to know what is going on with her daughter's medical treatment.  With HIPAA Privacy Rules, this is not something that can be released without  permission.  As Brit is in a conservatorship and not allowed to make her own decisions, sounds like the Dad will let the judge decide instead of telling the mom to fuck off.  If she hasn't been a part of her treatment all this time and she has not been close to Brit in years, sounds like the right call.

• Like 1

TMZ

Britney Spears' mental health is at risk and it's all because her ex-manager, Sam Lutfi -- with whom she has a dark past -- is harassing her, her parents, and stirring up her fans ... this according to new legal docs.

Britney's requesting protection from Lutfi -- she filed for a restraining order against him Tuesday in L.A. County Superior Court. According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, Lutfi's been firing off texts to Britney's mother, Lynne Spears, and posting "disparaging and threatening comments" on social media -- which include calling for the public to "raise hell" to free Britney. 

Translation: He's the one instigating followers of the #freebritney movement. 

In docs, Brit's lawyers say Lutfi sent Lynne a text last week, calling her out for not getting involved in Britney's conservatorship and decisions about the singer's mental health treatment. In a completely bizarre move, they claim Lutfi offered Lynne $1,000 to "disrupt and take over" the conservatorship. Lynne refused the money.

Lutfi has also threatened to release "trunks" of old personal items of Brit's from when he was her manager in the early 2000s ... according to the docs. The Spears family has long blamed Lutfi for taking Brit down the bad path that ended with her 2008 mental breakdown.

No surprise that someone who has a lot of money and is bipolar attract a lot of creepy people.  Harassing the family saying you aren't doing enough when every parent of a child with mental health needs is already thinking that - playing on the parent's self guilt.  What a piece of shit.  :kung-fu-panda: