#41 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7381 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:43 AM

Posted Image

Singer Mariah Carey, who is about to take her Adventures Of Mimi tour overseas, told TV's Extra Monday night (October 9th) that she plans to release a new concert DVD. Titled Divarie, the proposed disk will document highlights from her tour, including all her wacky diva exploits on the road.

What may not be included are scenes from her October 8th stop in Anaheim, California. Sources reported that Mariah was booed by the audience, which waited more than two hours for the diva to hit the stage. Her bassist and friend Randy Jackson of American Idol fame, tried to calm and entertain the audience, but also got his share of boos. Carey reportedly arrived at about 10 p.m., and the rest of the show went on without a hitch.

At her show on Friday, October 7th, at Staples Center in Los Angeles, local Power 106 DJ Big Boy proposed to his girlfriend on stage, and then Carey herself named a baby when a pregnant fan woman told her idol that she wanted to name her child for the singer, but discovered the baby would be a boy. According to the Los Angeles Daily News, "The wonder that is Mariah thought for a second, giving three suggestions: Roy (for her late dad), Trey (for backup singer Trey Lorenz) and Carey. The woman looked pleased. Carey it would be."

Carey wraps her U.S. tour tonight (October 10th) at Phoenix, Arizona's US Airways Arena.

mariahdaily.com / ohnotheydidnt

#42 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:39 PM

Diva Alert: Mariah, Janet CDs Previewed
Friday, February 15, 2008

By Roger Friedman

Alicia Keys’ long run at the top of the charts is about to be threatened.

On Thursday I spent more than an hour at Island/DefJam Records previewing the new CDs from Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey. Each is highly anticipated, and with good reason. They’re pretty damn good.

Carey’s CD, "E=MC2," probably is the more anticipated if only because her prior release, "Emancipation of Mimi," was such a phenomenal success. Buoyed by several hits including "We Belong Together" and "Don’t Forget About Us," "Emancipation" spent months on the charts and won a number of Grammys. It re-established Mariah as a superstar after her failed "Glitter" project and subsequent "Charmbracelet."

"E=MC2" (a play on the previous album’s title) should have a pretty big impact when it hits the world on April 15. Already the single "Touch My Body," with its refrain, "I will hunt you down," has taken off on the radio. It doesn’t hurt that it bears a resemblance to "We Belong Together." But the new single is catchy in its own right and has an independent hook designed to be addictive.

I heard eight other tracks on Thursday, but since the album isn’t sequenced I can’t tell you where they fall in order. In the order I enjoyed them came first "Bye, Bye," a powerful ballad that should be a single and probably will close the album. It’s a natural singalong in concert, too, which could make it not only wildly popular but a possible Grammy contender next year. Look out.

The next most commercial number is "Thanks for Nothing," a witty and rueful tune with another great melody, courtesy of Jermaine Dupri and Carey. As on "Bye Bye," Carey’s vocals are superb. Her infamous eight-octave range has suffered a little wear and tear over the years, but Carey still can flutter from great highs to mellow lows like no one else.

Some other highlights included "Cruise Control," featuring Damian Marley with a driving reggae subtext; "Migrate" with T-Pain, which should be a single and perhaps the album’s kick-off track; "Last Kiss," with Dupri on vocals; a breathy disco dance hit called "I’m That Chick"; and out-and-out pop song "Loving You a Long Time," which samples DeBarge’s "Stay with Me" and recalls the melodic riff of the "Hill Street Blues" theme music.

From track to track I kept thinking that Carey and her crew have put a lot of work into making "E=MC2" not just a hit, but a sustainable success. There’s enough in the package that it will last as long as "Emancipation," spinning off singles, remixes and videos.
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

#43 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:53 PM

RATNER STUNNED BY CAREY'S HOT BODY

Moviemaker BRETT RATNER can't wait to release MARIAH CAREY's new TOUCH MY BODY video next week (beg25Feb08) - because he's convinced the world will wow over the sexy singer's toned new look. Ratner directs the much-anticipated promo and admits even he was stunned by his pal's rocking body. He says, "Mariah looks better than she has ever looked... It's ridiculous. She has this trainer that she flew in from (Caribbean island) St. Barts and this woman has been beating the hell out of her and her body. "She has an incredible body, but she was always very voluptuous; now she's just, like, fit and I was, like, we've gotta show this body." Ratner hopes to have the video, which also features U.S. TV funnyman Jack MCBreyer, ready to air online by Monday (25Feb08).

#44 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:23 PM

Mariah Carey Considers A '30 Rock' Role

Mariah Carey is set to repay funnyman Jack Mcbrayer for his cameo in her new video Touch My Body - by guest starring in his popular TV comedy 30 Rock.

McBrayer, who plays Kenneth The Page in the hit show, agreed to take part in Carey's saucy new promo - as a computer nerd who dreams of romancing the pop superstar. And the singer was so taken with the TV star; she's considering joining the cast of his show.

She says, "I love 30 Rock and he's hilarious on the show. It would be fun (to do the show)."

#45 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:37 AM

Mariah Carey set to rule singles chart

Mariah Carey is on track to collect her 18th No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart next week.

"Touch My Body," the first single from her upcoming album, dipped one place to No. 15 on the latest survey, issued Thursday. But the fresh availability of a digital download should send the song hurtling to the top next week.

That will push Carey to second place among artists with the most No. 1s in the rock era. The record is held by the Beatles with 20. She is currently tied with Elvis Presley.

Carey's album, "E=MC2," the follow-up to her 2005 Grammy-winning smash "The Emancipation of Mimi," is due in U.S. stores on April 15.

The current Hot 100 champ is Leona Lewis, who becomes only the third British solo female artist in the rock era to reach the top with her debut chart entry, "Bleeding Love." The only other artists to achieve this milestone were Sheena Easton with "Morning Train (Nine to Five)" in 1981 and Petula Clark with "Downtown" in 1965.

Counting all U.K. solo females who have spent time at No. 1 on the pop singles chart, Lewis is the first to visit the penthouse since Kim Wilde had a one-week stay in June 1987 with her cover of "You Keep Me Hangin' On." Counting all U.K. acts that have reached the summit, Lewis is the first to do so since James Blunt occupied the top rung for one week in March 2006 with "You're Beautiful."

A little further down the latest Hot 100, Madonna's "4 Minutes" entered at No. 68. The Material Girl was last on the Hot 100 with "Sorry," which peaked at No. 58 in March 2006.

"4 Minutes" represents the 53rd entry of Madonna's career, but only the second single on which she shares billing with another musician: Justin Timberlake is credited as a featured artist. Madonna's first shared credit was "Me Against the Music," the 2003 single that was billed as Britney Spears featuring Madonna.

The new single comes from the album "Hard Candy," which is due in U.S. stores on April 29.

Reuters/Billboard

Copyright © 2008 Reuters Limited.

#46 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:52 AM

Mariah Carey's Radio Tantrum

Mariah Carey hung up during a radio interview following a dispute over her record sales.The 'Touch My Body' singer appeared to hastily end the conversation yesterday (30.03.08), when BBC Radio 1 DJ Reggie Yates suggested she had only sold 80 million albums worldwide.

Just before the phone went dead, Mariah said: "Is that the right quote? I don't know. I have to ask someone I don't know if that is accurate."

Reggie said: "I think she took that as an insult. That is how the conversation ended with me and Mariah! She took 80 million albums as an insult. She is mad cool."

Mariah has sold around 165 million records worldwide, and is the second-bestselling female artist of all time behind Celine Dion.

The interview had started well, with Mariah laughing and joking and speaking in a British accent.

She happily talked about her favourite movies, her new single 'Touch My Body ' and her upcoming album 'E=MC2'.

Earlier this month, Mariah revealed she loves being called a diva because it means she is successful, but insists isn't a demanding person.

The 'Hero' singer said: " The actual definition is 'a talented female singer.' Definition two is 'a difficult woman who is successful,' I believe. So I take it as a compliment.

I guess I am a diva in many ways! When it comes to certain things, yes, I can be difficult and a little bit rigid about what I want. Am I demanding? I don't think I'm demanding enough."

Source: people.monstersandcritics.com
**MY INNER CHILD IS A MEAN LITTLE EFFER**

#47 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:19 AM

Mariah Carey surpasses Elvis in No. 1s

With her 18th chart-topper "Touch My Body," Mariah Carey has passed Elvis Presley for the most No. 1 singles on the Billboard Hot 100, and is now second only to the Beatles.

But while the diva was in full celebration mode after learning of her latest milestone, she was also quick to put her accomplishment in perspective.

"I really can never put myself in the category of people who have not only revolutionized music but also changed the world," Carey told The Associated Press on Tuesday via phone from London. "That's a completely different era and time ... I'm just feeling really happy and grateful."

Carey's single is the new No. 1 single on Billboard's Hot 100 singles chart: The song also is No. 1 on the trade magazine's digital download chart thanks to a precedent-setting 286,000 downloads in its debut week. She had been tied with Presley with 17 No. 1 singles; the Beatles are the all-time leaders with 20 (Madonna also beat a Presley record this week, surpassing the King for the most top 40 hits with her 37th for her hit "4 Minutes."

Carey said being in such company was gratifying not only because of her personal success, but what it meant for women and minorities.

"For me, in my mind the accomplishment is just that much sweeter," she said. "In terms of my ethnicity, always feeling like an outsider, always feeling different ... for me it's about saying, 'Thank you Lord, for giving me the faith to believe in myself when other people had written me off.'"

"Touch My Body" is the first single off of Carey's upcoming album "EMC2," due out April 16. It is the follow-up to her Grammy-winning disc "The Emancipation of Mimi," released in 2005, that year's best-selling album with five million copies sold; it marked a huge comeback for the multiplatinum superstar after personal and professional setbacks.

Like that album, Carey said "EMC2" continues her sense of freedom and rebirth: "It's like emancipation of Mariah Carey to the second power and beyond."

Carey, 38, said this is the most enjoyable point of her nearly two-decade old career, and that's her priority these days, not trying to set sales records or even making pop history.

"I've gone through enough of my life worrying about that kind if thing," said Carey.

"I want to encourage anyone else out there who feels like maybe they can't overcome an obstacle, I feel like I'm living proof ... never lose your faith," she added. "I'm seriously a grateful individual right now."

___

Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press.

#48 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

Mariah Carey Shrugs Off Leona Lewis Comparisons

R&B superstar Mariah Carey isn't impressed with critics who compare her with pop newcomer Leona Lewis, insisting singers are forever being dubbed "the new Mariah".

Lewis, who shot to number one on the U.S. singles chart last week with her song Bleeding Love, has been likened to soulful divas like Carey and Whitney Houston thanks to her powerful vocals.

But the Heartbreaker hitmaker has dismissed the comments - jokingly stating they can fulfill her laborious promotional duties. She says, "They've been comparing people to me for longer than I can remember. I'm just like, 'Whatever.'

"If they're the new me can they come and do my interviews for me or get in the studio and write one of my songs? Seriously though, I love everybody, it's not a competition for me."/WENN

#49 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:28 AM

Mariah Orders Shipment Of Krispy Kremes?

Mariah Carey reportedly ordered a shipment of Krispy Kreme doughnuts to Selfridges, London yesterday.

According to OK!, the US diva also demanded a £5,000 table shipped from New York, designer bottled water from Fiji and a £1,000 throne be sent to the Oxford Street department store.

Two floors of the shop were closed and hundreds of fans queued to meet the singer at the promotional event for her new E=MC2 album.

She arrived at the store two hours late and created traffic chaos with her arrival. The popstar said: "It's really cool that they would do this and it's great to see so many people show up."

Earlier in the day, Carey's decision to go shopping in Covent Garden caused a scuffle between paparazzi and the diva's security.

A witness said: "Her bruisers got out of the car before her and clashed with a stack of photographers anticipating her.

"One really aggressive one sized right up to a snapper and it had to be defused."

Source: digitalspy.co.uk

#50 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

Is Mariah Carey Dating Nick Cannon?

Superstar Mariah Carey is secretly dating actor Nick Cannon, according to reports. The pair hooked up after Cannon starred in a music video for the singer's new album E=MC2, a friend tells the National Enquirer.

And the source claims Carey is keen to keep the romance under wraps: "Mariah is the master when it comes to keeping her relationships secret. Even though she's a big star, she likes to keep her private life to herself."

Carey's exes include record boss Tommy Mottola, rapper Eminem and singer Luis Miguel. Cannon was last known to be dating actress Zulay Henao, after breaking off his engagement to model Selita Ebanks. /WENN

#51 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:47 AM

Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon's Night Out in Vegas

In her current single, "Touch My Body," Mariah Carey jokes about a secret, romantic rendezvous. But is the pop singer having a real one?

Carey's rep denied to PEOPLE last week that the singer and actor Nick Cannon are dating, but the duo looked cozy at a party Monday night in Las Vegas.

After landing by private jet, the pair headed straight to Privé Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood, where Cannon, who stars in one of Carey's videos, was scheduled to deejay. Making their way to a VIP table, the pop diva whispered into Cannon's ear just before he took to the turntables.

With her BFF Da Brat by her side, Carey – wearing over-sized sunglasses and dressed in all-black – danced to the music as she sipped water and white wine, then feasted on hamburgers, chicken fingers and French fries. And for dessert? A chocolate cake for Da Brat, who was celebrating her 34th birthday.

"We have a very special person in the house tonight," Cannon called out on the microphone. "Happy birthday, Brat."

He also seemed to give Carey a "secret" shout-out. Carey stood up on the back of the booth and raised her wine glass when Cannon put on Jay-Z's "Public Service Announcement" and sang along with the lyrics, "I got the hottest chick in the game."

Source: People

#52 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:44 PM

Mariah Carey Sparks Fresh Rumors Of Romance[size=2]

Mariah Carey has fueled reports of a romance with rapper/actor Nick Cannon, after the pair was spotted partying together in Las Vegas earlier this week. The "Touch My Body" hitmaker is rumored to have hooked up with Cannon after he starred in a music video for Carey's new album E=MC2.

And the couple sparked further speculation about their close relationship after they flew in to Sin City with a group of pals on Monday night, to celebrate rapper Da Brat's birthday at club Prive, according to a celebrity blog. /WENN

#53 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:33 PM

British rapper/singer Estelle has hit back at critics of pop superstar Mariah Carey-insisting the diva has earned the right to make outlandish demands.
Carey has a long held reputation for making bizarre requests and traveling with an oversized entourage. But Estelle is convinced that when an artist is as successful as Carey, they should be allowed to demand special treatment.
She tells British magazine Closer, "I think Mariah should demand whatever she wants - if I'd sold 160 million records then I'd do the same. I think when I've sold 60 or 80 million records I'll ask for a flying white pig. I'll be like, 'And I need it in my dressing room NOW!'"

Panachereport.com

#54 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:32 AM

Carey Upsets Fans At Signing

MARIAH CAREY fans booed the pop superstar at an autograph signing on Thursday (17Apr08) when she showed up two hours late and left before signing albums for devotees who had waited eight hours to meet her.

The singer, who was promoting her new album E=MC2 at Universal City Walk in Los Angeles, left tired fans fuming when she stopped signing and "went home".

Carey fans, who waited in line to meet their heroine, have flooded the Internet to slam the diva, claiming she showed up two hours late and didn’t stay around long enough to meet and greet the 1,000 devotees who were promised time with the singer.

One angry fan says, "The first 1,000 people who bought her album from (record store) FYE got a guaranteed meet and greet (wristband), but she left with more than a hundred people still waiting.

"Some fans booed and others even trashed their copies of Mariah’s new CD and yelled profanities at her."

Source: pr-inside

#55 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:10 PM

Mariah Carey Compares Marriage To Kidnapping
By WENN

Pop superstar Mariah Carey has likened her failed marriage to music mogul Tommy Mottola to a "kidnapping", insisting she was trapped in a doomed relationship.

The "Hero" hitmaker wed Mottola - the former Sony label boss credited with discovering her - in 1993, but the couple split four years later and divorced in 1998.

And Carey, who was 23 when the pair wed, admits the marriage was one of her biggest mistakes.

She says, "I think one of my mistakes was getting married so young. I got married to Tommy Mottola under a lot of pressure. I don't know how you would describe my marriage. It was a kidnapping in a golden cage."

#56 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:11 AM

Mariah Carey hits career high
'E=MC2' is sixth album to reach No. 1

By PHIL GALLO

Mariah Carey "E=MC2" posted not only the highest sales week of the year, but a personal career high mark for herself as well.

"E=MC2" (Island Def Jam) sold 463,000 copies in the week ended Sunday, according to Nielsen SoundScan data, making it her sixth No. 1 album. Sales surpassed the previous best of 2008, Jack Johnson's "Sleep Through the Static," by 88,000 sales. Of her sales total, 50,000 were digital downloads.

Carey launched a significant television campaign prior to the album's release. She appeared on "American Idol," "Saturday Night Live," and "Oprah" in addition to other shows. Friday, she will perform in Times Square on "Good Morning America" and then appear on "Regis & Kelly."

Album's debut single "Touch My Body" was her 18th to reach No. 1.

Carey's previous album, "The Emancipation of Mimi," arrived at No. 1, selling 404,000. The six chart-toppers tie her with Madonna and Janet Jackson for second place behind Barbra Streisand's eight. Madonna's "Hard Candy" will be released Tuesday and will likely debut at No. 1.

Like a weekend for a major summer blockbuster, most labels got out of the way of Carey's tax day release.

Country tyros Lady Antebellum sold 43,000 copies of their self-titled Capitol Nashville debut to open at No. 4. Thrice and Rush bunched up at Nos. 17 and 18, selling 21,000 copies of their new albums, "The Alchemy Index, Vol. 3 & 4: Air & Earth" (Vagrant) and "Snakes & Arrows: Live" (Atlantic).

Selling 19,000 were Children Of Bodom's "Blooddrunk" (Fontana/Universal) at No. 22 and the Naked Brothers Band's "I Don't Want to Go to School" (Nickelodeon) at No. 23. Tristan Prettyman's "Hello" (Virgin) sold 18,000 in its first week to open at No. 27.

Leona Lewis' "Spirit" dropped a slot to No. 2 selling 95,000 units, a little less than half the amount it did in its first week.

#57 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:53 PM

Mariah Goes from S**t List to Blacklist

The paparazzi are done being mad at Mariah Carey's ultra-diva antics -- now they're trying to get even.

Mimi's been unofficially placed on a paparazzi blacklist after breaking unwritten fame game rules at a CD signing event last week.

After Mariah showed up two hours late (bad), sprinted down the red carpet (even badder), and wore sunglasses on the red carpet (huge no-no), paparazzi nation decided to unofficially boycott the singer -- that means no pictures, no coverage, no love. Surely, she will plummet into obscurity.

We're hearing the photogs are planning to ignore the singer as long as it takes to prove their point ... or until Mariah wears another slutty outfit (tomorrow?).

Source: TMZ

#58 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:45 PM

Mariah Lights Up The Empire State Building
By WENN

Pop superstar Mariah Carey will turn the lights of New York City's Empire State Building lavender, pink and white this weekend, to promote the release of her latest album.

The singer will flick a switch on a scale model of the iconic tower at a ceremony on Friday - and when the sun goes down in the city, the building will glow her favorite colors.

The city is honoring native New Yorker Carey, whose new CD E=MC2 this week topped the Billboard chart with first week sales of 463,000.

Earlier on Friday, she performed a live free gig for fans in Times Square, which was broadcast on Good Morning America.

It's proving to be a big year for the 38-year-old; earlier this month she achieved her 18th number one single in America, lifting her above Elvis Presley and just behind the Beatles, who managed 20.

#59 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:01 PM

Mariah Carey Makes Movie Return

Mariah Carey leaped at the chance to reignite her movie career in independent film “Tennessee” so she could exorcise the demons of 2001 flop Glitter.

The movie was a critical and commercial failure, and acting offers dried up for Carey.

Seven years on the star returns to the big screen, playing a waitress in Tennessee, after producer Lee Daniels offered to help her find her way back in Hollywood.

She says, "It was cool for Lee Daniels to take a chance on me because obviously, you know, not everybody was going to do that."

The film - about two men on a journey to find their estranged father, in a bid to save their younger brother from leukemia - will premiere on Saturday at New York's Tribeca Film Festival.

#60 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:04 AM

Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Stir Engagement Rumors

Wearing a humongous, gleaming ring on her left hand, Mariah Carey stayed close to Nick Cannon at the afterparty for her new film, Tennessee, on Saturday night.

The pair held hands at the bash at Tenjune, which followed the movie's premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival. The two also looked cozy in Vegas on April 14. When asked about a possible engagement, Cannon's rep had no comment; Carey's was unable to be reached for comment.

Asked what he loved about Carey, Cannon, 27, told PEOPLE: "Everything." He was at her side from 8 p.m. to about 10:45 p.m. in Tenjune's VIP room, where they were joined by her BFF, Da Brat. Zoe Kravitz and Ben Kingsley also stopped by.

Meanwhile, before the premiere, Carey played it coy, saying she only has eyes for one male: Jack, her Jack Russell terrier.

"I'm in love with my dog," said the singer, 39. "He is my special someone. I love spending time with him."

Even when love hurts her adoration stays strong: Carey wore a pink Hello Kitty band-aid on her hand at the premiere, explaining that Jack "accidentally bit me."

In her new film, she plays Krystal, a troubled diner waitress and aspiring singer who tackles personal demons on a road trip to Tennessee.

"This is something very close to my heart," she said of her first major role since the 2001 bomb Glitter. "I'm very grateful to be here tonight. Some people come into our lives and take a chance, someone like Lee Daniels," who produced Tennessee.

"I feel that everything happens for a reason," says Carey.

Source: People

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users