princess

Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck

That's sort of how I feel about John Travolta & Kelly Preston with sex being the "unchecked" box ;-) Or, passion based sex instead of procreation based....

• Like 1

Not to be catty or anything, but the rings? Seriously?

What sort of douche carries those around with him? Oh yeah Tom Brady.... *hate the Patriots*

• Like 2

This was on his FB page:

I have completed treatment for alcohol addiction; something I've dealt with in the past and will continue to confront. I want to live life to the fullest and be the best father I can be. I want my kids to know there is no shame in getting help when you need it, and to be a source of strength for anyone out there who needs help but is afraid to take the first step. I'm lucky to have the love of my family and friends, including my co-parent, Jen, who has supported me and cared for our kids as I've done the work I set out to do. This was the first of many steps being taken towards a positive recovery.

I'm guessing she helped script that, though. I'm not sure she's decided how she wants to proceed - is it better for her image (and career) to stay with him, or to go through with the divorce??

I totally believe she has the upper hand at this point.

• Like 4

Anyone believe alcoholism is the only substance he's addicted to? Hopefully he got help for all his addictions. I've heard he has a gambling addiction in addition to whatever substances he's abusing.

• Like 1

Well, don't they say that addictive personalities can find addiction anywhere? For Ben, used to be alcohol, drugs, gambling, possibly sex (he's had a cheating scandal with all of his exes, right?). Right now, I'm willing to believe it's just alcohol giving the problem, but who knows. I'm sure if he's in rehab, they'll address what they need to.

• Like 1

http://www.laineygossip.com/ben-affleck-lindsay-shookus-counter-cheating-rumours-with-positive-people-story/47423

I looked but haven't found this blind?

Bonus: if you’ve been reading this site a while, you might remember a blind riddle from 2014. It was about an actor at an Oscar party without his wife who was all over a “tall, attractive model type”. Coincidence or conspiracy?

Here's the original. I just googled it and I remember we definitely thought it was Ben. Give me a minute and I'll search for it here too.

http://www.laineygossip.com/His-ups-and-downs-blind-riddle/29657

It was in solved items.

http://www.fanchitchat.com/chatboard/index.php?showtopic=15481&hl=%2Bups+%2Band+%2Bdowns

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 1

EsD2LMRXIAIxR1i.jpg
Does he have his own thread? This is too funny.

Please Let Us Know If You Rescued Ben’s Ana de Armas Cutout From the Trash

Halle KieferJan. 18, 2021

409a4fb1514111d7158973ba97c79c4dda-18-Be

Photo: BG004/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images

If there was any hope in your heart that news of Ana de Armas and Ben Affleck’s alleged breakup was idle gossip, Ana de Armas Updates has come through with a definitive image of every relationship’s coup de grâce: the day you throw away your lover’s cardboard cutout. ‘A life-sized cardboard cutout of Ana de Armas from inside Ben Affleck’s residence was seen being thrown out into a trash can,” the Twitter account posted Monday evening, along with photos a masked man really making a meal out of tossing a cardboard cutout of de Armas into a trash can. Wait, can you not recycle cardboard cutouts of your lover?!

The No Time to Die actress and the Way Back actor trolled the paparazziwith the cutout over the summer, during those heady days when you couldn’t go an afternoon without seeing Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas drinking an inhuman amount of Dunkin while laughing and walking or, occasionally, walking and laughing.

Ana de Armas Updates also alleges the person throwing out the cardboard cutout is none other than Affleck’s brother Casey Affleck, implying Casey Affleck put together that ensemble, placed his reading glasses atop his camo sun hat, and took a cardboard cutout of his brother’s one-time love to the curb in broad daylight. Some things just weren’t meant to last the new year, and by “things,” we do not mean that Ana de Armas cutout, because we have to believe someone pulled it out of the trash. If so, please, let us know!

• Haha 1

I'm hoping that just came out wrong? I mean, he knew he needed to make changes to get better, and he did, so I respect that. Blaming the ex - I really really hope that's just Page Six being assholes with the clickbait headline/edit. Because they've really seemed to co-parent post-divorce pretty well.

Though I think the last time something bad came out, it was about his phoenix tatoo and rising again and Garner's response was a laughing "so does that make me the ashes?"  So at least she knows how to respond publicly....

• Like 2

Actually, I listened to the whole interview on Stern, and I felt he was very honest and self-reflective. The tabloids tried to paint it like he was criticizing Jennifer Garner, but what he was really saying was that they were having major difficulties in their marriage, and instead of trying to handle it, or leaving, which he didn't want to do because of the kids, he drank. Eventually, he came to the realization that wasn't working, and they decided to end their marriage. He said that he loves and respects Jennifer, and that she's a very good mother. I thought some of the more interesting parts of the interview, which was about 2 hours long, was about how cut-throat and cruel the movie industry can be, and how he didn't always respond very well to that, and about his relationship with his own alcoholic father (now long sober). I was surprised by how sincere he seemed, actually. It was refreshing compared to most interviews, but that's really a reflection on Howard's skill too.

• Like 2

I'm glad; that's a better read on the interview!

Lainey's opener today was on this - she's still waiting for full interview or transcript for her comment BUT she does point out the differences in how People/Page Six present the interview, and the way VanityFair did. https://www.laineygossip.com/early-quotes-from-ben-affleck-interview-with-howard-stern-are-gossip-gold/69996

• Like 3

Ben Affleck & JLo engaged again! Guess we need a new thread - maybe we should wait until they make it past the altar? 😉