princess

Beyonce and Jay-Z

Notes from all overBeyoncé Knowles fans are battle it over whether her new video for “Déjà Vu” is any good. “This video is an underwhelming representation of the talent and quality of previous music video projects of Ms. Knowles,” one fan complains in a petition already signed by thousands of fans that’s being sent to Knowles’ label, Columbia Records. The petition complains about “erratic, confusing and alarming at times” dancing, Knowles’ “ridiculous” clothing, and the “unacceptable” sexy scenes between Knowles and her boyfriend, Jay-Z. “Beyoncé is an artist,” argues a petition responding to the first, which is also being sent to Columbia and has also signed by thousands of fans. “Art is meant to inspire discussion and debate. The “Déjà Vu” video does just that.”

Knowles Nervous Over Screen Kiss Beyonce Knowles had to be shown how to kiss Dreamgirls co-star Jamie Foxx, because she didn't know what to do. Foxx plays Curtis Taylor Jr., husband to Knowles' soul singer Deena Jones, in the forthcoming Bill Condon musical. Knowles, 24, says, "I guess you could say we had a love scene. We kissed. Now, I'm a singer/songwriter, that's what I did first - I didn't start out going to acting classes and people-kissing classes. So that's all still new to me. Working with my acting coach made it easier. I just thought it was necessary for the character, we have to established that they're married. Jamie was very professional, it was quick, and you know, it is what it is."

OFF DUTY

Beyoncé, who's prepping for the release of her album B'Day on Sept. 5, goes casual for a day out in the Big Apple on Tuesday.

Posted Image

Knowles Nervous Over Screen Kiss Beyonce Knowles had to be shown how to kiss Dreamgirls co-star Jamie Foxx, because she didn't know what to do. Foxx plays Curtis Taylor Jr., husband to Knowles' soul singer Deena Jones, in the forthcoming Bill Condon musical. Knowles, 24, says, "I guess you could say we had a love scene. We kissed. Now, I'm a singer/songwriter, that's what I did first - I didn't start out going to acting classes and people-kissing classes. So that's all still new to me. Working with my acting coach made it easier. I just thought it was necessary for the character, we have to established that they're married. Jamie was very professional, it was quick, and you know, it is what it is."

Doesn't really bode well for Jay-Z and their sex life, does it. Doesn't know how to kiss? PLEASE.

LONE STAR LOVE

It's the love train! Former Destiny's Child singers Kelly Rowland and Beyoncé get in a group hug with Beyoncé's sister Solange at a special hometown screening of her DVD release Bring It On: All or Nothing in Houston.

Posted Image

MEN ON A MISSION

Jay-Z puts global issues on the table with United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan during a New York City press conference to announce a partnership (along with MTV) to call attention to the world's water crisis on Wednesday.

Posted Image

Jay-Z shines ... as Kanye West whines First he took on Cristal, now Jay-Z is taking on ... water?The hip-hop mogul announced yesterday that he plans to travel to the regions affected by the world water crisis and document his journey in a special for MTV, "Diary of Jay-Z: Water for Life," to air Nov. 24."Every 15 seconds a child dies from not having access to clean water," the rapper said at a press conference at the United Nations, his partner on the project. "I want people to know that while they're having their Poland Spring at Cipriani." UN Secretary General Kofi Annan added, "All of us at the UN hope this campaign will motivate youth to take action ... in their own lives."The program will follow the rapper as he meets children who are among more than 1 billion people worldwide who do not have access to safe drinking water. "My thing is to make the information available to everyone and make them aware of the problem," he added. "I've never been to Africa, but I think that'll be the most important part of the trip for me."Jay says he has no plans yet to follow in the activist footsteps of fellow rapper Kanye West, who recorded the song "Diamonds From Sierra Leone," documenting the plight of diamond miners in Africa, but he has not entirely ruled it out."Kanye made that song after he had seen the problems over there. Who knows what will inspire me? I can't say yes, but who knows," he said. Two years ago Jay-Z called himself the "UN of this rap game." Was it a strange kind of prescience? "I wish I was smart enough to be that prophetic," he joked. "But I was just bragging."Meanwhile, Kanye was not on his best behavior Saturday in Chicago, his hometown, at the Lollapalooza festival. "He threw a hissy fit," our concertgoing spy told us. "When the sound didn't work, he started yelling that he came all the way out to Chicago and he couldn't believe he was being treated like this."Later that night, Kanye was expected to throw a party for Sa-Ra, the producing trio influenced by jazz and soul, but West was a no-show. Someone called and said Kanye was so angry he couldn't speak.

Edited by BobbyD

Essence of styleBeyoncé probably won't be wearing this bijoux bustier to the Third World with partner Jay-Z — but Knowles knows where to wear what. In a stunning spread in Essence magazine, the soon-to-be 25-year-old shares her secrets about fashion, makeup and men, including this: "I like a man who really helps me grow, who is really confident. I don't like guys who walk in a room and want a lot of attention. I think a man should hold your attention because he's smart and elegant and laid-back."

PUMP UP THE VOLUME

Beyoncé arrives Tuesday at London's BBC Radio One studio, where she sat down with morning DJ Chris Moyles to discuss her album B-Day. The CD will be released in Europe on Sept. 4, on the singer's 25th birthday (and in the U.S. the following day).

Posted Image

All You Have to Do Is DreamWho needs Beyoncé? On Monday night in Los Angeles, a handful of journalists were treated to 20 minutes of footage from the upcoming movie of the musical Dreamgirls. While the footage, which included songs with the flick’s stars Beyoncé, Jamie Foxx, and Eddie Murphy, was dazzling (out director Bill Condon has clearly applied what he learned from writing Chicago and taken it to the next level), the real surprise was when the film’s lead, Jennifer Hudson, took to the stage to perform for guests live after the screening. Along with singing a heart-wrenching rendition of the musical’s “One Night Only,” Hudson performed a new song written for her character, Effie, in the movie: “Love You I Do,” an uptempo track. “It’s Effie’s happy song,” she told the crowd. After several ovations, we cornered the former American Idol finalist and asked if she’s had a break at all between finishing and promoting the movie. “I just had 12 days off in a row,” she told us. But rather than hit Hawaii or Mexico, she chose to stay home in Chicago. “Home is a vacation for me! I’ve been traveling so much, but I’m not complaining!” While Dreamgirls doesn’t open until Christmastime, you will be able to catch Hudson in a rare live performance during the Gay Days at Disneyland, when she hits the stage at Kingdom at the House of Blues Anaheim on Saturday, October 7.

PARTY PRIORITY

Page Six

August 17, 2006 -- BEYONCÉ Knowles has pulled out of a promotional tour of England next month for the debut of her new album, "B'Day," supposedly because of the terrorism scare. But music insiders say the real reason is she doesn't want to miss the lavish 25th birthday bash boyfriend Jay-Z is throwing for her in New York. "Her birthday is Sept. 4," says our source. "Jay-Z is planning a huge party for her at his 40/40 Club and she didn't want to miss it." A rep for Knowles didn't return calls.

---

This seems a bit off. Whose boyfriend plans a large party for them in NYC when they already have commitments in Europe? Please. The party can be thrown when she gets back or something, or he could go to Europe and celebrate with her. And the source says "she didn't want to miss it," as if Jay would throw the birthday party without her. I don't buy it...

First Look: Beyonce's New Album 'B'Day' Thursday, August 17, 2006By Roger Friedman Beyonce: New Album 'B'Day,' First LookImagine if Whitney Houston never had Clive Davis steering her career for those first few important image-defining albums. The result would have been Beyonce Knowles ’ new "B'Day," the follow up to her huge-selling debut album "Dangerously in Love.""B'Day" launches on September 5, one day after Beyonce’s real 25th birthday.Last night I got to hear tracks from the new album after a short listening party concluded at a Regent St. nightclub in London.Beyonce and her mother, Tina, turned up for the event and stayed a little over an hour, then bolted for greener pastures at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.I was told that one day earlier, the singer and her parents made an appearance for Sony execs and played the album for them.Beyonce’s world is made up of family, and they are close-knit business partners. Her dad, Matthew, is her controversial manager. Her mom makes her outfits. Her sister Solange sings and gets writing credits on her songs, as does a similarly named cousin, Angela Beyince.More importantly, her boyfriend, rapper Jay-Z, casts a huge influence over her sound.The result of so many cooks in the kitchen, and none of them objective, is that post-Destiny’s Child Beyonce serves up a mixed bag of Tina Turner-inspired videos, shrill singing and invariably tuneless songs.Her biggest hit, "Crazy in Love," was an invention of producer Rich Harrison that was heavily sampled from an old Chi Lites song called "Am I Your Woman?" written largely by the late great Eugene Record.Harrison then took the major elements of that song and reworked them for several more artists, including Usher and Jennifer Lopez.But on "B'Day," there is no Chi Lites song to act as a saving grace. The closest they come to a defining single is "Déjà Vu," written and produced by Rodney Jerkins with a team he’s used on Lopez’s records, among others.Jay-Z contributes an extended rap and appears in the video. The song is catchy if you hear it enough times — like a sidewalk drill — but it lacks a consistent melody.I am told that focus groups (yes — can you imagine?) don’t care for it. A London radio DJ told me last night that "Déjà Vu" and Justin Timberlake’s new "Sexyback" recently tied for least-liked records in his station’s polling. Ouch!That isn’t to say that "B'Day" doesn’t have its charms, or its hits. They’re just not by the cynical people who created this thing or have the most to gain from it.A clever ballad called "Irreplaceable" is the most memorable track, and has the most potential of catching on with fans quickly. It’s also the only song on "B'Day" that you might actually want to sing along to, written and produced by Stargate, an anonymous Norwegian pop hit production team akin to Max Martin’s boy band factory of a few years ago.(As with all the songs, Matthew Knowles makes sure his daughter gets a songwriting credit and publishing royalty on "Irreplaceable," a sop for making the composers rich. Knowles, like Celine Dion’s husband before him and other managers of contemporary singers, is canny to do this, since there is no such thing as a performance royalty. In years to come, when the records aren’t selling, Beyonce will have that money to look forward to. That’s one thing Whitney didn’t do and likely regrets now.)The other potential hit from "B'Day" is the bluesier soul number called "Green Light," written and produced by melody makers Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo, aka The Neptunes."Green Light" precedes "Irreplaceable" late in the album’s running order (they’re 8 and 9, respectively, not usual spots for singles), but the well-made song stands out as the album's possible chart redemption once "Déjà Vu" has run its course as Beyonce’s club hit.Among the tracks that sound less obvious — and more tired — are the next planned single, "Ring the Alarm." It features an extremely annoying siren and is accompanied by a bizarre video depicting a wildly angry and unappealing Beyonce telling off someone (maybe Jay-Z?) for cheating as if she were an enraged guest on Maury Povich.The pair of Harrison-produced tries at "Crazy in Love" fall short of originality but mimic the Chi Lites percussion section yet again.Harrison is like the Indiana Jones of soul, constantly pulling out forgotten gems of the past for sampling.This time, in "Suga Mama," he quotes heavily from Jake Wade and the Soul Searchers’ “Searching for Soul.” You can hear the original funk instrumental at www.pandora.com, a Web site created in 2000 by the Music Genome Project to catalog obscure music.I’ve no doubt that Harrison is a subscriber. You can’t help but think: Thank God someone wrote music in the past that can be repurposed now.So, where does that leave Beyonce? In the next few weeks, before the Grammy deadline expires on September 30, we’re going to have new and similar endeavors from Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson and Sean "Diddy" Combs.They will each be billed as “hot” and “sexy.” They will all be pushing some envelope in a bid for publicity and attention at a time when the music industry desperately needs a hit. They will also, to some degree, promote monotony.In Beyonce’s case, she may have the upper hand. For Christmas, she’ll co-star in the big-screen version of "Dreamgirls," which I told you looks to be an Oscar nominee, based on a presentation at the Cannes Film Festival in May.One new song from "Dreamgirls," called "Listen" — “co-written” by Beyonce with the musical’s original composers — is included on "B'Day" as a “hidden track.”If the two projects — "B'day" and "Dreamgirls" — arrive with any synergy, then it won’t matter if "B'Day" suffers from a sophomore slump.

WOW. I don't think I've ever seen a photo of that girl where she doesn't look gorgeous, stunning, amazing (although, her "fashion" sense is often assy)!

Edited by Freckles

ALL THAT GLITTERS

A golden Beyoncé, who's been in the U.K. promoting her upcoming album B'Day, makes a glamorous exit from the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in London on Wednesday.

Posted Image

`New album is angry girl power record`

Los Angeles,Aug 19:Beyoncé Knowles had so much pent-up emotion while recording her new album that the singer is convinced she has made an angry girl power record.

According to Contactmusic.com, Knowles, who finished the recording just in two weeks, was so inspired by her character in her upcoming movie "Dreamgirls" that she cancelled her vacation. She did not let anyone at her record label know about it and rushed the recording, giving every track a sense of desperation and anger.

She says: "I had so many thing bottled up, so many emotions, so many things I wanted to say that while I was supposed to be on vacation, I snuck away to the studio and recorded this record in two weeks and that`s why most of the records are so aggressive. It`s the record that women need to hear."

She adds: "I`m screaming at the top of my lungs. I don`t even scream but I had a lot to scream about. Women clean men up sometimes. They dress different, they learn a lot of things, they learn how to be a man and then if they dog you out and you move on and another woman just benefits (from) all those things.

I`m saying, "Ring the alarm, I`ve been through this too long, but I`ll be damned if I see another chick on your arm. "

Bureau Report

'I'll never lose myself like Lauryn'

BEYONCE KNOWLES is determined to cope with her spiralling fame, insisting she will never "lose herself" like FUGEES star LAURYN HILL. The CRAZY IN LOVE star was shocked when Hill suddenly shaved her head and turned her back on the limelight, visiting tough Brooklyn schools with her guitar. And although she still respects the READY OR NOT singer's work, Knowles believes she is far more grounded than Hill. She says, "Her story is the most tragic. I mean, her record was genius. But drama and demands and the pressure and all of the people giving you so much access to so many things can be too much. "So couple that with everyone telling you you're so this and so that and so perfect and of course you can lose yourself. "I don't know what's going to happen to me but I know I'm more than a singer and I have so many other things in my life to keep me focused. I hope and pray that I stay as comfortable in my own skin as I am right now."

19/08/2006 13:56

contactmusic

Beyonce plans duet with Shakira

Beyonce Knowles has praised Hips Don't Lie singer Shakira.

The Bootylicious star is hoping that they will be able to organise a duet together within the next few months.

"I've been trying to get us together for a year," she told Hit 40.

"I'm a big fan. Hopefully we can make it happen this year. I think her videos are really sexy and always sound so good."

digitalspy.co.uk

BELLE OF THE BALL

Beyoncé gives a red carpet closeup at the Radio One 25th anniversary awards dinner gala in Washington D.C. recently. The singer performed a four-song set in front of a star-studded crowd, including Sean "Diddy" Combs, Janet Jackson and Jay-Z.

Posted Image

Beyonce Knowles' manager father Matthew is taking credit for the success offormer Destiny's Child singer LeToya Luckett's debut album, claiming he taughther about hard work during her days in the girl group. Luckett joined the bandin 1993, but quit in December 1999, shortly after the release of the girls'sophomore album The Writing's On The Wall, which featured the hits Say My Name,Jumpin', Jumpin' ; and Bills, Bills, Bills. Luckett and bandmate LaTaviaRoberson, who also left the group at the same time, claimed Mathew was keeping adisproportionate share of the band's profits, was too controlling, and unfairlyfavoured his daughter and the group's fourth singer Kelly Rowland .In 2000, Luckett and Roberson attempted to sue Beyonce and Rowland, beforedropped the case, and eventually settled a legal battle with Mathew. When Mathewheard of Luckett's long-awaited success with her self-titled disc, which toppedthe US album charts earlier this month (AUG06), he insists he was pleased forher, despite past animosity. He says, "I couldn't help but smile. I'm proud ofher and her work ethic, something I know comes from DC's early boot camp days." ohnotheydidnt

Beyonce's Album Delayed

****EXCLUSIVE****

August 22. Over the last couple of months Beyonce's career seems to be caught in a downward spiral. She released two very mediocre singles, Déjà vu and Ring the Alarm. Her fans created a petition criticizing her latest video. And just last week her album B-Day received terrible reviews.

Now it appears that Mathew Knowles is desperate to stop Beyonce's star from falling any further. And it appears that his first order of business is nothing short of spectacular. MediaTakeOut.com spoke exclusively with an insider at Sony BMG who claims that Knowles is trying to postpone the release of Beyonce's sophomore album B-Day.

According to the record label insider, Knowles isn't satisfied with the quality of the album, and wants to rework a number of tracks. The source tells, "he's been relentlessly pressuring [sony BMG] to postpone the release of the album for a couple of weeks now." And he's reportedly been using underhanded tactics to get his way. In what our tipster describes as a strong arm tactic, Mathew canceled a London tour designed to promote Beyonce's album. And yesterday, the album was "mysteriously" leaked on several websites. Our source tells, "Mathew's relentless ... it's only a matter of time before he gets his way."

But postponing Beyonce's album may be in the best interest of the booty-licious diva. And if Matthew Knowles has his way, Beyonce's newly revamped album will be one of the hottest albums of the year. Along with the reworked tracks, MediaTakeOut.com has learned that the new album will contain two new duets - one with latin sensation Shakira and the other with teen heartthrob Chris Brown.

source

Here comes the princess brideBeyoncé Knowles is pulling out all the stops for her wedding.The “Dreamgirls” star is set to wed rap impresario Jay Z, and the lavish event will come with a $3 million price tag, according to the upcoming Star.The former Destiny’s Child member is planning a late November wedding on the Caribbean island of Anguilla, reports the tab. Guests at the bash will dine on $300,000 worth of Beluga caviar as well as lobster and Italian truffles and will wash it down with $200 bottles of Dom Perignon. Knowles’ wedding dress will be modeled after Princess Diana’s, reports the Star, and among the guests invited are Oprah Winfrey and U.N. head Kofi Annan. An impediment to the marriage had been Beyoncé’s manager father, Matthew Knowles, and his misgivings about the 36-year-old Jay Z’s relationship with his 24-year-old daughter, but Matthew Knowles has apparently come around and given the romance his blessing. “Beyoncé’s telling friends it will be ‘the wedding to end all weddings,’” according to the source. “Beyoncé feels like she’s living a fairy tale so why shouldn’t her wedding be equally magical?”

The more expensive the wedding, the shorter the marriage, or something like that....I don't have good feelings about those plans.....

DYNAMIC DUO

Mariah Carey's multi-octave voice stops Jay-Z in his tracks during their duet of "Heartbreaker" at her sold-out show at New York City's Madison Square Garden on Wednesday. The Jigga Man wasn't the only special guest at the concert: Sean "Diddy" Combs and a gospel choir from True Worship Church of East New York also hit the stage.

Posted Image

Beyonce('s Dad) Responds To Petition

Posted Aug 24th 2006 7:00PM by TMZ Staff

Over 6,600 Beyoncé enthusiasts have come together to sign a petition "for the advocacy of having Ms. Beyoncé Knowles, Columbia Records, Music World Entertainment, and all other entities associated with the creative process of creating the long-form music video known as 'Deja Vu' reshoot aforementioned video immediately."

If you think Miss Knowles has a problem when a couple thousand of her "Crazy in Love" loyalists sign a statement like "this video is an underwhelming representation of the talent and quality of previous music video projects of Ms. Knowles" then you don't know her father, co-founder of imanipulatemybeautifuldaughterformyownsuccess.com (along side of Joe Simpson), Matthew Knowles.

Gator abuse?Beyoncé Knowles isn’t bootylicious to alligators.A world-renowned expert on reptiles has written an outraged letter to the former Destiny’s Child singer, suggesting that she abused an animal on the photo shoot for her new album B’day."There was a shot where I held an alligator. It had its mouth taped — that was my bright idea,” Knowles recently told a magazine. “He was really cute, but since his mouth was taped he didn’t have any way to defend himself. He was upset so he peed on me. That was an experience!”“As a specialist in reptile biology and welfare I’m concerned about your posing with a terrified baby alligator for your new album cover,” British biologist Clifford Warwick wrote to Knowles on behalf of PETA. “Humans and alligators are not natural bedfellows, and the two should not mix at events such as photo-shoots. In my view, doing so is arguably abusive to an animal.”

JUSTIN AND BEYONCE GET INTO THE GROOVE ON 'ELLEN' SHOWIt rained for two hours but fans weren't deterred from turning up to see their hero Justin Timberlake strut his stuff alongside TV personality Ellen DeGeneres. Around 10,000 admirers flocked to Central Park as the sounds of the pop prince's new tune SexyBack kicked off the fourth season of the talk show host's popular programme. The exuberant comedienne never misses an opportunity to boogie so she was delighted to have someone on board who knows a thing or two about sizzling dance moves. "Justin and I are bringing sexy back to daytime," she joked during her opening monologue. But the former 'NSync frontman wasn't the only musician treating the crowd at the gig. Beyonce, her famous curves draped in a ruffled yellow minidress, also hit the stage for a scorching set. The bootlicious diva belted out some tracks from her second solo album B'Day, which hits stores on the day of her birthday, September 4. After her energetic performance, well-wishers serenaded the singer with a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday. Ellen is well known for luring the top names onto her show for a lighthearted chat and a bit of fun. Past episodes have featured Scarlett Johansson making pizza and Jennifer Lopez donning an apron to whip up some of her favourite dishes in front of an audience.