Sign in to follow this  
princess

Jared Leto

I loved him in MSCL; but now I'm all "What was I thinking?!"It just goes to show that, if I think an up-and-coming actor is hot, I should avoid reading any of his interviews, because disillusionment is sure to follow. :(

Leto Diagnosed With Gout Requiem For A Dream star Jared Leto has been diagnosed with gout after undergoing dramatic weight loss for a film role. The condition is a form of arthritis and causes sudden and excruciating pain, swelling, redness and stiffness in joints. Leto's representative confirms that the gout was "caused by the dramatic weight loss for a movie role." The condition is caused by the accumulation of uric acid crystals in the joints. The Panic Room actor packed on 62 pounds for his role as John Lennon's killer Mark David Chapman in Chapter 27. He was required to shift the weight quickly for subsequent roles.

Wow!!! Looks like he lost all of the fat...looking good! His eyes are so dreamy, even if they're heroin eyes.

Maybe it's just me, but he kind of looks like his eyes are crossed sometimes.Or am I just imagining it?

from ontd:

"I met Jared Leto at the Canadian leg of the Warped tour (whose band 30 Seconds To Mars were on the bill). He's a crazy-ass pervert and all he talks about is sex. He told me how, a few nights earlier, he had shagged some girl in the ass and she then shat all over him.

Another time he fucked this other girl and she bled all over him. He said he loves that sort of stuff.

Amongst his celebrity conquests - he claims - are Jennifer Connolly, Scarlett Johansson and Drew Barrymore."

Nice.

After spending the last weeks of summer getting their feet wet with Warped Tour audiences, Jared Leto's alt-rock combo 30 Seconds to Mars are using their recent time off to plan for a new tour they'll kick off in late September.

The band are currently planning a bigger production for the fall jaunt, but guitarist Tomo Milicevic says they're eager to turn their show into a very extravagant affair. "We don't have the means at this point to do the things we see in our heads," he tells AOL Music. "We see a full interactive show with performers, and a lighting show to rival that of any great [tour] that's ever happened. In the near future we're gonna start to be more capable of actually seeing that stuff through, which is really exciting for us."

The band are also using the coming weeks to work on new material, but fans shouldn't expect to hear new cuts just yet. "We're way too anal and freaky about that stuff," Milicevic says, laughing. "We don't want to share anything until we're completely satisfied with it, and that can take along time. We have to really believe it's something great before we let anyone hear it."

Source: www.jaredleto.org

BACKSTAGE SNARKING AT VMAS

Page Six

September 2, 2006 -- THE offstage antics at the MTV Video Music Awards were far more entertaining than the lackluster action on stage. According to The Post's Mary Huhn, who was in the star-studded pressroom:

A grumpy Jared Leto, who stars as John Lennon's killer in an upcoming film and whose group 30 Seconds to Mars won the MTV2 award, flipped when asked by a foreign reporter to sing his favorite Beatles song. Leto asked the journo where he was from and, after being told Amsterdam, snapped, "Don't embarrass your country!"

Jared Leto got so fat for his latest movie role that it made him sick.

TView the profile for John Lennon on Celebrity Spotlighthe usually toned actor had to pile on the pounds to play John Lennon's killer Mark Chapman in new film 'Chapter 27'.

However, his eating binges and expanding waistline reportedly left him with gout - a form of arthritis caused by the accumulation of uric acid crystals in the joints, which most commonly affects the big toe.

To ease the crippling pain Leto has been wearing plastic clogs.

According to America's The New York Post newspaper, the actor revealed he was suffering from gout when asked why he was wearing plastic shoes during a recent stay at Chicago's Hard Rock Hotel.

Leto was staying at the world famous hotel ahead of his band 30 Seconds from Mars' performance at the recent Lollapalooza music festival

Source: www.lse.co.uk

Holy Moly, UK

Sep 9th, 2006:

Leto Veto

Jared Leto might have claimed (see last week's mailout) that he shagged Jennifer Connelly, but we learn she would never touch him.

She hates him so much that, when they worked together, their close-ups had to be shot separately with each of them delivering their lines to the director who stood behind the camera.

This hatred was mostly down to Jared being an arrogant buffoon who was more interested in how his hair looked than in his performance.

Hair? Hair?! Hair!!

Hey, where's Ted! :D

ROCK HIGH JINKS

Page Six

September 17, 2006 -- HAS Jared Leto been taking Rock Star Behavior 101? When he and his band, 30 Seconds to Mars, performed at the SV Supreme vodka party at Capitale Thursday night, Leto jumped into the audience for a little crowd-surfing, and then ran around with a wireless microphone, screaming, "I wanna [bleep] you like an animal," a line from Nine Inch Nails' "Closer." In doing so, the eyeliner-laden Leto spilled the drinks of many awed onlookers. Former flame Lindsay Lohan wanted to come see her ex-man perform, but was told she wasn't allowed in because of the club's over-21 policy.

Movie star Lindsay Lohan tried to get to see ex-lover Jared Leto's band play live — but was barred for being too young.

Friends say the Mean Girls star was itching to see Leto be a rock star with his band 30 Seconds to Mars playing in New York. But the venue, New York's trendy Capitale, has a strict policy of not allowing in under 21s - and security knew the notorious party-girl is only 20.

"She was really excited about seeing Jared onstage. But I guess this is what comes with being so famous, the doorstaff know you all too well," one insider said.

Meanwhile Leto — playing John Lennon's killer Mark Chapman in an upcoming movie — showed he loves being a full-on rock star during the show.

He stunned fans by going crowd-surfing, running around with a wireless microphone screaming, "I wanna f**k you like an animal", a line from the Nine Inch Nails song Closer.

ohnotheydidnt

I still think he looks like Courtney Cox.

I thought it was Michael Jackson behind that mask! :D

Jared is still really pretty. It's amazing how he and Charlize Theron put on weight and managed to totally change their look for one fim, then go right back to how they were. It'd take most mortals years to transform back!

Don't know about y'all, but I'm getting kinda sick of hearing that 30 Seconds to Mars song on the radio...

I like it :unsure:

*runs for her life*