Sign in to follow this  
princess

Jared Leto

The Ladies Who Lunch

Posted Image

I just love a dude who's comfortable enough with his masculinity to sit with his legs crossed. Whenever I do that, I look like Posh Beckham sitting front row at a Paris fashion show. Although sometimes my legs can't help it and they must be crossed. Maybe it's my nutsack telling my body they want a little hug. A nutsack hug.

Here's Jared Leto lunching with a hot bitch at Joan's on Third yesterday. I love those little Easter bunnies in the window. I fucking love Easter, because it's the gayest holiday ever.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://www.dlisted.com/

Actors who look like they smell bad

By Ree Hines

MSNBC contributor

Colin Farrell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is it about otherwise handsome A-listers who endeavor to look smelly? It’s as though the effort it takes to look good on film is such a burden, they just give up in their off time. Take Colin Farrell. The greasy locks, the poorly groomed beard, the rumpled clothes — he sets the bar for stinky-chic awfully high. Colin’s infinite pack-a-day smoking habit — seriously, he’s always smoking a cigarette — only adds to the list of malodorous evidence. And it’s not like he’s always looked like a stink bomb. Just a few years back Colin sported the standard freshly showered look we all know and love, but it seems like the more successful he gets, the grimier he looks.

Matthew McConaughey

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s not hard to build the stinky case for Matthew McConaughey. The unkempt hair and beach bum lifestyle hardly rank a mention when the man himself admits he eschews deodorant. He wouldn’t even break the ban when his “Fool’s Gold” co-star, Kate Hudson, complained about his body odor. “She always brings a salt rock, which is some natural deodorant, and says, ‘Would you please put this on?’” But her efforts were in vain. “I just never wore it. No cologne, no deodorant.” In fact, Matthew defends himself by insisting no other co-stars ever mentioned it. (Note to Matthew: Sometimes when you reek of B.O., people try to be nice by not telling you that you reek of B.O. This does not mean that you don’t reek of B.O. Just FYI.)

Johnny Depp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It must be hard being the most desirable man in the world. Maybe that’s why Johnny Depp hides behind cartoonishly awful ensembles, like his ill-fitting pants, the grungy fedoras and those plucked-fresh-from-the-dumpster shoes. I can’t tell you how many times my best gal pal and I have sighed at the sight of Johnny only to add, “too bad he probably smells like cigarettes and dirty clothes.” We won’t ever get close enough to find out, but still! And not to belabor the cigarette thing, but Johnny smokes hand-rolled sticks exclusively. So all that foul gunk that normally ends up in a filter? It coats his hands and teeth instead.

Jared Leto

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A virtual chameleon of the grubby vibe, Jared Leto’s not content to rock just one dirty look. Hipster grossout? Check. Unwashed hippy dude? Check. Icky emo? You know it! Jared even went through a dingy spray-on tan phase à la LiLo. On occasion, he cleans up his act, but that doesn’t discount the greater trend towards trashy. And it’s not just the perpetually stringy hair or days worth of eyeliner that gives the not-so-fresh tip off, it’s the whole unwashed package. Oh, well, it’s not like any of it is holding Jared back. Every twenty-something it-girl in Hollywood happily dates him regardless of what he smells like.

Orlando Bloom

What happened to fresh-faced Orlando Bloom circa 2003? Remember that clean-cut cutie at the “Lord of the Rings” premieres? Sigh. Seems like a greasy haired doppelganger took his place ages ago. Maybe after three “Pirates of the Caribbean” installments the poor hygiene pirate’s life actually took hold. Whatever it is, it’s not a good look for him. Orlando’s girlfriend reportedly thinks so, too. “He’ll wear the same jeans for a week before he throws them in the washer.” And if that wasn’t specific enough, “Same goes for his sweaters, T-shirts and socks.” Ew!

Playing John Lennon's Killer Put Jared Leto In A Wheelchair

Chapter 27Actor Jared Leto suffered for his art on the set of new movie Chapter 27 - his weight gain left him in a wheelchair. The movie star admits he had no problems playing pained Mark Chapman, the man who killed John Lennon, because he was in agony most of the time after piling on 67 pounds for the role.

Leto gained the first 45 pounds in just seven weeks and the rest over the course of shooting, leaving him with aching limbs and heart-racing issues.

He explains, "Mark was in a lot of pain all the time and the good thing about gaining that much weight is that it physically put me in a lot of pain in my feet, my legs and my body in general. I had to start taking a wheelchair around because I couldn't walk."

But the star insists he spent the entire movie fearing he hadn't put on enough weight to play hefty Chapman.

He adds, "When you commit to something like that it's kind of hard to let go of it. I never felt like I had enough weight. I never felt like I was fat enough or heavy enough. I felt if I gained more it would give me more of a sense of who this person was." /WENN

John Lennon Assassination Film An Unexpected Hit

Jared Leto’s controversial portrayal of John Lennon's killer in Chapter 27 has become an unexpected hit in America. The much-delayed film, which also stars Lindsay Lohan, has already been released straight to DVD in many territories across the world and reviews were mixed when the movie was given a limited release last week.

But fans have been flocking to see the film, giving it the highest per-screen average of any current release. The success has prompted distributors Peace Arch Entertainment Group Inc. to expand the release to more theatres this weekend.

The psychological drama explores the mind of Leto's character Mark David Chapman in the weeks leading up to the fateful day he shot and killed Lennon in New York in 1980. /WENN

Leto takes on Lennon assassin role

Jared Leto has been talking about his latest role as John Lennon's murderer in the film Chapter 27.

The feature debut from writer-director Jarrett Schaefer examines Mark David Chapman's obsession with the former Beatle and the book The Catcher in the Rye by looking at his life in the three days before the murder.

Leto put on some 60 pounds to play the assassin, but admitted it was a very small price to pay for the role.

He said: "It was really important. I don't know if I needed to really go as far as I did but it informed me, it educated me in a lot of different ways. It was the transformative nature of the part that I responded to, that challenge."

Lindsay Lohan also appears in the film as a Lennon fan named Jude, who befriends Chapman.

On working with the troubled star, Leto said: "I think that beyond the tabloid fodder and the sensational sides of her life, there's a very talented, very gifted young actress. That's what we respond to and that's who we were excited to work with, and she did a wonderful job."

I don't really like either one of them but they both did a good job in that film.

*sigh*

Linds, Linds, why ya gotta have talent, dear? It would be so much easier to simply hate everything about you, like Paris!

I don't really like either one of them but they both did a good job in that film.

*sigh*

Linds, Linds, why ya gotta have talent, dear? It would be so much easier to simply hate everything about you, like Paris!

You were able to find a theater that showed this movie? When I went to the Angelika (here in NYC) last weekend, they told me it was no longer playing. Instead that film with Sarah Jessica Parker took over its slot!

I do think Lindsay is very talented and therein lies the tragedy to her story.

Jaret is an underrated performer--I think his prettiness and that he is unsure whether he wants to be an actor or a rock star confuses people.

You were able to find a theater that showed this movie? When I went to the Angelika (here in NYC) last weekend, they told me it was no longer playing. Instead that film with Sarah Jessica Parker took over its slot!

Nope. I saw it at someone's house.

Jaret is an underrated performer--I think his prettiness and that he is unsure whether he wants to be an actor or a rock star confuses people.

Yeah, Leto is kind of strange and he's got talent. Those years of doing hard drugs with Cameron Diaz did some damage. I don't know if he still takes them. When he saw his movie career fading, he went for the music kids. I never really understood it as anything other than a publicity thing but he may be serious about it, I don't know.

If Hohan had cleaned up her act, everything would have been fine. Unfortunately, she didn't and her reputation is so trashed now that it's almost beyond repair. I say "almost" because she could still rescue it although the chances are so slim that Posh Spice is jealous of them. The problem is that aside from her drug addictions, she has a serious personality problem. It's not the lesbian thing, nobody cares about that. What she needs is a shrink, what she gets are B movies.

Yeah, Leto is kind of strange and he's got talent. Those years of doing hard drugs with Cameron Diaz did some damage. I don't know if he still takes them. When he saw his movie career fading, he went for the music kids. I never really understood it as anything other than a publicity thing but he may be serious about it, I don't know.

If Hohan had cleaned up her act, everything would have been fine. Unfortunately, she didn't and her reputation is so trashed now that it's almost beyond repair. I say "almost" because she could still rescue it although the chances are so slim that Posh Spice is jealous of them. The problem is that aside from her drug addictions, she has a serious personality problem. It's not the lesbian thing, nobody cares about that. What she needs is a shrink, what she gets are B movies.

I agree with you about Lohan. Sad. And what's her next movie? Some trash about the Manson family? Gee, that hasn't been done since last week.

Didn't he get Diaz on smack supposedly when they were together? And the other thing I heard about him is that he's very bi and supposedly has boinked some of his male co-stars and co-workers, which include Brad Pitt, Toothy and some guy in his band who just loved him (but still went on to marry someone else).

I agree with you about Lohan. Sad. And what's her next movie? Some trash about the Manson family? Gee, that hasn't been done since last week.

Didn't he get Diaz on smack supposedly when they were together? And the other thing I heard about him is that he's very bi and supposedly has boinked some of his male co-stars and co-workers, which include Brad Pitt, Toothy and some guy in his band who just loved him (but still went on to marry someone else).

I'm dreading her Manson thing. I can't go as far as saying that I feel bad for her, she had a chance to break from her parents and pull herself together. She chose not to and, instead, blew her life up.

It's hard to say who started whom on the smack. I think of it as a joint effort. Leto's definitely bi, if not just plain old gay. Ms. Diaz does have a taste for the gay boys.

Jared Leto Fires Management

Jared Leto has reportedly fired his management team.

The singer-and-actor has reportedly parted ways with advisors just one month before his band 30 Seconds To Mars are due to release new album 'This Is War'.

A source told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "Jared is too controlling. This latest move just feels like self-sabotage.

"It's very strange timing as his management team was very good. His tour manager has now left too.

"No one can quite believe what's happening."

Record company bosses have refused to be drawn on the reports.

A representative said: "I have heard rumours of the guys parting company but nothing has been confirmed."

The 37-year-old star is notoriously precious about his music career, and refuses to discuss films he has been in when promoting his records.

Meanwhile, Jared has spoken out in support of gay rights group FAIR.

The organisation has persuaded a number of celebrities to autograph copies of a poster supporting gay marriage, which are to be auctioned online.

Jared, 37, decided to make his poster a little different to the rest, by writing the words of the Proposition 8 ballot - which was passed in California in 2008, and outlaws gay marriage - on it and then setting in alight.

He then placed the ashes in a jar, writing on: "Here lies within, the remains of Proposition 8, may it rest in peace."

Source contactmusic

Jared Leto's Rewarding Career

Jared Leto thinks being a film star is more interesting than making music.

The 'Fight Club' actor - who also fronts rock band 30 Seconds to Mars - enjoys both aspects of his professional life but finds movie-making more "rewarding".

He said: "Making a film is really the most interesting part for me. I love the research. I love the building of a character. I also don't need to make five movies a year - I'm not after being the person who makes the most films. I want to have a rewarding, challenging experience, so I tend to do more art house type films, not big blockbuster movies. It's interesting to be able to be a smaller piece of a bigger puzzle."

While Jared prefers the challenge of the film industry, the 38-year-old hunk also enjoys the responsibility he has producing music, writing songs and coming up with ideas for the band - also consisting of Tomo Milicevic and Shannon Leto.

He explained: "With music you're much more responsible for everything. As the songwriter, as a person who's behind some of the creative ideas, you are the director, writer, editor, producer and the actor, so you have a much bigger contribution."

Source contactmusic

It's posts like this one that make me think Hedda and Ted are one and the same.

Jared Leto Has Secret Fan Club

30 Seconds to Mars fans must go through a secret "initiation process" to join their fan club. Actor-turned-rocker Jared Leto has revealed followers have to take part in a mysterious ceremony to prove their loyalty to the band - also consisting of Tomo Milicevic and Shannon Leto.

When asked about the group's fan club by Radio 1 DJ Fearne Cotton , Jared said: "That's something we have to be very careful about. It's a very complex thing. There's an initiation process and everything.

"In fact, it's probably best we only speak about this off-air."

Although he wouldn't discuss the club in detail, the 38-year-old musician thinks it's fantastic to have such dedicated supporters.

He said: "It's an amazing thing, the passion. It's always been a source of inspiration to us."

The guitar-playing heartthrob has also admitted he wouldn't rule out dating a fan.

When an admirer asked to marry him on-air, Jared replied: "Well, probably. But I'm quite demanding!"

The singer is also impressed when his fans get their bodies tattooed in tribute to the band.

He said: "Well, we appreciate that and it is definitely one of the ultimate signs of love and appreciation."

Source femalefirst

From today's popbitch:

>> Water palaver <<

It's allergy season

When strange requests appear on celebrity riders, it's usually because the celebrities in question are high-maintenance nightmares. Occasionally it's the result of an unusual but legitimate necessity. We'll leave it you to decide which you think this one is.

At a campaign shoot for his latest film, one of Jared Leto's team told the crew that Jared was 'allergic to water', so if they wanted to take pictures of him in a swimming pool they would have to empty it and refill it with Evian.

And this gem:

Cockwatch: Jared has an enormous penis. After Thirty Seconds To Mars gigs fans have been seen queuing 9 or 10 deep in his tour bus just to try it out.

Edited by fykeylicious

From today's popbitch:

>> Water palaver <<

It's allergy season

When strange requests appear on celebrity riders, it's usually because the celebrities in question are high-maintenance nightmares. Occasionally it's the result of an unusual but legitimate necessity. We'll leave it you to decide which you think this one is.

At a campaign shoot for his latest film, one of Jared Leto's team told the crew that Jared was 'allergic to water', so if they wanted to take pictures of him in a swimming pool they would have to empty it and refill it with Evian.

And this gem:

Cockwatch: Jared has an enormous penis. After Thirty Seconds To Mars gigs fans have been seen queuing 9 or 10 deep in his tour bus just to try it out.

Hahahahahahaha!!! I wanna see it! ;)

• Like 2