Hoyaheel

2014 Fall Network tv schedule

Everybody for the new season, or has everyone abandoned network tv for HBO and Netflix? :P

I have my matrix prepared so I can get all the dvring set up. Need to upgrade to Genie for Directv sometime but right now have HD dvr in living room and a regular one in bedroom that we've wired to show in the game room & hot tub room (where my treadmill is too) I have to split up the shows to make sure I can record all the shows that are on at the same time and so that we have the right shows to watch depending on the room (and sound system :rolleyes: ) we want to watch from....

http://tvline.com/2014/07/21/fall-tv-premiere-dates-2014-schedule-calendar-printable/

New shows this year - nothing HUGE standing out for me (I will watch Outlander on Starz because I've been a huge fan of the books for 20 years...) I do plan to try Mysteries of Laura (I like Messing, what can I say :ph34r: ) and probably Madame Secretary and a couple of the new sitcoms on NBC and CBS....

I'm traveling out of the country in September so I'm trying to get the shows I'll miss ready to record. The lag time of Directv is messing me up though!!

Hoya - Outlander is 4 episodes in. You can get them on demand too. I could not get into the books, but it am giving this one season to lure me in :)

I don't get Starz and am actually re-reading the entire series before I start the new book (that came out last month, and I'm only on book 5, ah well) My mom has a friend (in another state...) who added her as family to her cable plan or something, I'm not sure, but in any event, my mom has watched all 4 episodes so far. She'll have access for a year so I will go to her house at some point and watch them.

My "online" tv & movie options are limited because we do not have fiber optic internet. We live in the boonies and have satellite - which is actually not bad, though the lag time means I can't really skype - but we just don't have a data package that's affordable enough to stream media. It's much cheaper to hold out and buy the dvd at Costco or Amazon....

• Like 1

I'm trying not to add anything new and weaning myself a bit. I got hulu for the nights that my DVR is overloaded. I'm loving Outlander, and this summer the kids and I discovered The Goldbergs and we are hooked! I am trying not to get sucked into the Broadchurvh remake (is it Gracechurch?) because I already watched the BBC version, but I might not be able to stop myself.

Just back from a trip to China and yippee the dvr recorded while I was gone. Though I haven't finished my summer tv recordings (damn Dallas, I'm not in love with that show but don't dislike it enough to delete - just have to force ourselves to watch it)

We watched the new Debra Messing (er, Coke Mom? ;-) show Mysteries of Laura last night and husband and I agree it's a keeper on the schedule for now. That's the only new show we've seen so far, but have many more set to record....

I was wondering about Mysteries of Laura show, I didn't watch or record it but I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

I have been watching The Lottery. Great idea for a show, but the two lead actresses are HORRIBLE. I can't tell if they are just that bad at acting, or the writing is so bad they can't even fake it. The show sounds like it was written by a man about what he thinks women say/think. I'm about done with the show, which is too bad since I thought it had some potential.

I'm also watching Z-Nation. Love it! But I like cheesy zombie flicks, so....

Anyone watching Madam Secretary? How did that go? Another one I'm thinking I made a mistake in not recording.

Selfie is another show I already have programed into TiVo, that one looks fun.

We recorded Madam Secretary too - haven't watched yet. Also recorded Scorpion. Think those are the only hour long dramas I added?

Just heard from a friend from another online group and she hated Mysteries of Laura -said she could only watch a couple minutes and then turned off. It is a remake of a telenovela and is somewhat over the top dramatic, but I like that ;-)

I have Dish which allows me to record all 4 major network Primetime shows without using my DVR - and at 1 am it zaps all the commercials!!

So I watched a couple of the new ones so far -

Mysteries of Laura - way over the top. I usually try to give a show one over the pilot, knowing that the pilot is usually the weakest episode, and I adore Josh Lucas, but I may not have it in me.

Red Band Society - my teenage daughters love this. Enough angst to give them what they want, a little silly if you ask me

Blackish - Not a fan, but again, will give it one more episode

I think I will try Madam Secretary and the Bad Judge one. I will watch A to Z and Manhattan Love Story. I'm on the fence about the How to get Away with Murder

First epi of Madame Secretary was pretty good. I'm definitely going to watch for awhile and see where it goes. Z-Nation however....the first epi was terrible and didn't really make me want to go back for more. I am still recording it though, but have so far been put off enough by epi one to hold off on epi two. Legends...with Sean Bean...is a keeper so far. Forever might work..too soon to say, and unfortunately I missed Gotham on Monday but it's repeating tomorrow I believe and I have the dvr set.

Canceled Shows From the 2014-15 TV Season: Revenge and More

ENTERTAINMENTAPR. 29, 2015 AT 4:25PM BY JEAN BENTLEY

US Magazine

Say it ain't so! The TV gods have not smiled upon fans of Revenge, the latest show of the 2014-15 TV season to be canceled. The soapy ABC drama will conclude after four seasons of Emily Thorne/Amanda Clarke (Emily VanCamp) taking her red sharpie to the rich folks of the Hamptons.

The news of Revenge's demise was first reported by Entertainment Weekly. "We can officially tell our fans that this will be the end of the story," executive producer Sunil Nayar said in an interview. "We've been talking to the network and we all just wanted to make sure that we felt very confident. Now that everybody has seen the finale — which is fabulous — everybody understands that as much as we all adore the show, it has hit exactly the mark it needed to to end. This is the series finale of Revenge that will be airing in a couple weeks."

Although networks spend plenty of time, energy, talent, and money on developing new TV shows each year, not every series can be a hit. Unfortunately, that means despite fan love and dedicated Internet fan campaigns, some of your favorite shows will be canceled.

Here's a list of all the TV shows that got the axe during the 2014-15 season.

ABC

Manhattan Love Story

Revenge

Selfie

CBS

The McCarthys

The Millers

FOX

Gracepoint

Mulaney

Red Band Society

Utopia