50 replies to this topic

#41 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

Prince would have HATED that. Prince NEVER wanted to be included via technology after he died!!!

But is showing a video clip on a big screen really technology or just showing a video clip on a big screen. Its not as if they manipulated his image.

#42 Hihomumio

Hihomumio

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2365 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:58 AM

Prince would have been fine with it. It wasn't a hologram. Furthermore, there's an article out there that says he did do a hologram back in 1991.

What he would hate a lot more is fans behaving as badly as they have been over this show. He wanted his legacy to continue, not be stopped in it's tracks over how badly many of the fans have been reacting to this. If that keeps up, other celebrities, musicians, etc...are not going to want to bother dealing with the fallout just because they tried to honor him. I don't want to see that happen  :(

Edited by Hihomumio, 07 February 2018 - 07:06 AM.

#43 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12128 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

I still don't think he would have liked it. From JT? Nope....

I have a strong anti-Timberlake bias. I admit it :-)

Edited by Hoyaheel, 07 February 2018 - 09:17 AM.

#44 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7401 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

I still don't think he would have liked it. From JT? Nope....

I have a strong anti-Timberlake bias. I admit it :-)

SAME. I'm glad JT's new album has barely sold 300k. Peace out!

#45 Hihomumio

Hihomumio

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2365 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

Lol, I don't care about JT one way or the other, but there's been a few things he's done that were pretty good.

If you haven't seen it, Shahidi's book shows Justin at a party at Prince's house so...... :)

Edited by Hihomumio, 08 February 2018 - 01:57 PM.

#46 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7401 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:20 AM

I've bopped to a couple of his songs, but I just think he's a shitty person in general. (Also, I'd argue his good hits were the result of good producers and not so much him, but that's another story altogether.) The Prince stuff doesn't bother me as much as his years of general douchbaggery.  

Off the top of my head:

-- he consistently spoke about taking Britney's virginity in interviews (over a period of years, and long after their breakup)

-- he tricked Britney into approving a Britney look-alike in the video he made for the song that was about their breakup

-- the entire Janet situation (which is a reason to hate him all by itself)

-- he grabbed Kylie Minogue's ass during a performance (which she hadn't previously okayed) and later, during an interview, spoke about how even though he shouldn't have done it, he had to for all the dudes out there (or some shit...I'm paraphrasing)

-- he inserts himself into every situation possible

-- he photobombs people (other than his wife) on the red carpet cause it's JUST SO FUNNY OKAY

-- he brings up Britney and Janet whenever he needs more attention

-- he recently worked with Woody Allen AND had the balls to wear a Times Up pin

.... I could go on. In fact, I actually think I'm forgetting something...

Anyway, that's why I'm feeling a little schadenfreude at the moment  :D

#47 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7401 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:24 AM

Also, Hihomumio, my last post wasn't directed at you, so please don't take it that way.....it's just I get ragey when I think too much about JT, and this thread is triggering me  :banana:

#48 witchkitten

witchkitten

Chatter Box

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:04 AM

-- he tricked Britney into approving a Britney look-alike in the video he made for the song that was about their breakup

I hadnt heard about this. How did he trick her into approving it?

#49 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7401 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:35 AM

I hadnt heard about this. How did he trick her into approving it?

Looking now, but meanwhile found this twitter thread which has all kinds of receipts!!!

https://mobile.twitt...201194206646272

#50 fykeylicious

fykeylicious

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7401 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:37 AM

Ooh and this Romeo guy even linked to the interview:

https://twitter.com/...n^7046|twterm^3

I feel like he and I should be friends lolol

#51 Hihomumio

Hihomumio

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2365 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:42 AM

Also, Hihomumio, my last post wasn't directed at you, so please don't take it that way.....it's just I get ragey when I think too much about JT, and this thread is triggering me  :banana:

Oh, no worries fykey, I didn't take your post nor anyone else's post as being directed at me in particular. We're all just throwing our 2 cents in that's all  :)   It's been pretty crazy in Prince world though and a lot of people are saying things that aren't true, didn't happen, etc... so if I read something that isn't right I will put the correct info with some type of proof out there. Some of these people who are putting crap out and are negative about everything the estate is trying to do are really alienating the fan base as well as potential new fans and that's not good for P's legacy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users