princess

Golden Globes 2018

Why Hollywood Women Are Reportedly Wearing All Black to the Golden Globes

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/12/golden-globes-all-black-protest

I'm all for supporting women and the movement against sexual harassment, but I can't support this protest. The only reason I watch award shows is for the fashion. It's bad enough we lost Joan and Fashion Police, but now they're killing the red carpet too? I mean, Meryl wears black all the time anyway, but I love color. ugh :tantrum:

• Like 1

God I hate Ryan seacrest and I miss Joan every time I have to watch a red carpet without her.

Looking forward to the Globes tonight. Hope I can stay awake!

• Like 1

Did everyone already forget Ryan Seacrest had sexual harassment accusations against him, too???

Yeah, I’m thinking the hypocrisy and nervous sweats are both strong on the red carpet tonight.

• Like 2

Seth's opener is pretty damn funny! I think a nice balance of addressing the issue and still being funny and not mean or weird....

• Like 1

Love Christina Hendricks' dress- for once she dressed the Girls in something that FITS and it's very flattering. I've long loved the full skirt over skinny capris, and I think Christina has a great figure for this style.

47DD7CA100000578-0-image-m-2_15153707550

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1

A couple people called out E! on the red carpet for their awful pay gaps - Debra Messing was one, can't remember the others, but it was AWESOME to hear them call it out to Seacrest & Guiliana's faces!

• Like 3

Oprah. Damn, Oprah.

Tomorrow morning I'll find her speech & link if no one else does first.

I was never an Oprah fan, watching her tv show. I've enjoyed her acting and respect her immensely for what she's accomplished, though. She is so good. A powerhouse by any definition.....

• Like 3

When did Salma Hayek take her husband's last night? She was just introduced as Salma Hayek Pinault.....

Interesting.....

When did Salma Hayek take her husband's last night? She was just introduced as Salma Hayek Pinault.....

Interesting.....

I don't think they made it in the divorce poll. Maybe they need to be included next year...

• Like 2

When did Salma Hayek take her husband's last night?

Name. I meant to say "last name".

Drunk posting, what can I say ;-)

• Like 1

http://www.laineygossip.com/ewan-mcgregor-thanks-wife-and-girlfriend-at-2018-golden-globes/48831

Ewan Macgregor wins, thanks his wife & girlfriend. Funny - I noted this to my husband during his speech!!

I caught that one too. I actually went online to see if they were back together. Im sure shes thrilled. I wonder how may people outside of us chit chatters caught that.

• Like 1

To me, their reason for dressing in black was rather hypocritical when that film about Tonya Harding got nominations.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

http://www.laineygossip.com/ewan-mcgregor-thanks-wife-and-girlfriend-at-2018-golden-globes/48831

Ewan Macgregor wins, thanks his wife & girlfriend. Funny - I noted this to my husband during his speech!!

I caught that one too. I actually went online to see if they were back together. Im sure shes thrilled. I wonder how may people outside of us chit chatters caught that.

The folks at DListed were all over it:

http://dlisted.com/2018/01/08/ewan-mcgregor-thanked-his-estranged-wife-and-his-current-girlfriend-in-his-golden-globes-acceptance-speech/

• Like 1

To me, their reason for dressing in black was rather hypocritical when that film about Tonya Harding got nominations.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Holly, I don’t understand your comment. The all black movement was “to make a statement against the epidemic of sexual harassment in the entertainment industry and beyond.” I don’t see how the Tanya Harding movie makes that hypocritical. But then again I haven’t seen the movie so maybe I’m missing something. I do think that people who willingly worked with someone like Woody Allen or Danny Masterson after those allegations have been made public could be called a hypocrite,

• Like 4

I think that giving Kirk Douglas, alleged rapist and woman beater, was more hypocritical than was anything to do with the Tonya Harding movie...

• Like 1

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/08/the-men-who-wore-times-up-pins-but-didnt-donate/

Men who wore Time's Up buttons but didn't publicly donate? (eh, I'm not too bothered by this - charity is so personal and people can give or not give however they want) Was surprised to see Hugh Grant's name on the list. Not sure why - guess because I don't tend to see him as a big feminist. I love him, I will always love a grouch ;-)

It's only a matter of time before James Franco is exposed -- lots of rumors about him and his shady "school" (where girls are made to undress, otherwise they're berated for being not truly "committed" to their "art"). Of course, he wore a Time's Up button also.

Gary Oldman, whom I once loved, beat and choked his then-wife in front of their children.

Honoring these pigs is much more problematic than I, Tonya being nominated, in my opinion.

Edited by fykeylicious
  • Like 3

Agree. So many problematic people. Like Seth said in his opener - scared when they hear their names read out loud ;-) I get paranoid whenever I hear "did you hear about XYZ" in case it's someone I've longed loved/admired being accused of predation....

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Holly, I don’t understand your comment. The all black movement was “to make a statement against the epidemic of sexual harassment in the entertainment industry and beyond.” I don’t see how the Tanya Harding movie makes that hypocritical. But then again I haven’t seen the movie so maybe I’m missing something. I do think that people who willingly worked with someone like Woody Allen or Danny Masterson after those allegations have been made public could be called a hypocrite,

Didn't that Tonya Harding girl attack another girl? The film that is made about her gets nominated, and then people who attend the awards dress in black to show that they are against abuse towards the female gender. If that is not hypocritical, I don't know what is.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If they are against abuse of the female gender, why was a film about that girl made in the first place let alone nominated?

Edited by James Otto Sweet Heart

Films are made about "bad" people all the time. And people win awards for them. There's never been a rule you have to be an angel to make a good movie. Matter of fact, Hollywood seems to like it better if you're NOT good ;-)

As for I, Tonya, I haven't seen it (I never see movies in theaters) but have enjoyed the reviews on Lainey's website. A LOT about what Tonya faced in terms of class issues in the skating world and abuse from her mother. Reviews are that the movie is quite balanced in its portrayal and is not a whitewash of Tonya, making her into a saint, but showing her realistically as a troubled person who made some bad choices but probably didn't feel she had a lot of good choices to make in the first place...

So, while of course you're welcome to whatever you want to believe, I personally disagree with your assessment.

• Like 3