princess

Joan and Melissa Rivers

They both are annoying but I can deal with Star Jones and Kathy Griffin better than Melissa.I enjoy Joan also, but Melissa has never really done anything without her mom.At least Star Jones knows the actors name even if they are not huge stars ans hse knows their projects.

I don't know...Joan Rivers not knowing the names of stars is pretty damn funny. I loved when she didn't know who Russell Crowe was...The look on his face was priceless. She's catty but at least, she ain't a suck-up like the U.S.S. Star Jones.Get rid of Star and her talking about her wedding and big gay Al...IMHO!

To Whom It May Concern: Please bring back Joan :) I can't deal with Star Jones -_- .

MAJOR second!Watching her almost molest Usher on the red carpet made me physically ill. At least Joan makes me laugh :)

I don't know...Joan Rivers not knowing the names of stars is pretty damn funny.  I loved when she didn't know who Russell Crowe was...The look on his face was priceless.  She's catty but at least, she ain't a suck-up like the U.S.S. Star Jones.Get rid of Star and her talking about her wedding and big gay Al...IMHO!

Her not knowing Russell was funny I gotta admit.I don't think he has ever forgiven her for that.. Edited by queenie

8/3/2005

joanrivers.com

8 p.m.

Joan live at The Cutting Room

If you want to hear Joan at her most hilarious, uninhibited, uncensored best, you want to catch her at New York’s famed Cutting Room, in the heart of the Flatiron district. It’s centrally located at 19 West 24th Street, between Broadway and 6th Avenue on the north side of the street. You can take any of the trains listed on the subway maps to 23rd Street and it’s just a quick walk away. If you enjoy eating, drinking and laughing, you won’t want to miss seeing Joan perform here. You’re guaranteed a great night to remember.

Has anyone seen her act??

I enjoy Joan also, but Melissa has never really done anything without her mom.

Is it just me, or do you get the feeling that Melissa is embarassed of her mother sometimes?

(LATimes.com)Joan Rivers Gets Into Shouting Match Over RaceBy Scott Martelle, Times Staff WriterA discussion over race on a live London radio show Wednesday devolved into a shouting match of personal insults, with comedian Joan Rivers angrily cursing at a fellow guest she thought had called her a racist.Rivers, who begins a tour of England on Friday, was a guest on BBC Radio 4's "Midweek" program with Darcus Howe, a Trinidad-born writer and black activist, and two other guests, including author Jackie Collins. Howe is the subject of a new movie, "Son of Mine," about his relationship with his son, who spent half his youth in Trinidad with his white mother.As Howe talked about the pervasiveness of race in personal relationships, Rivers interrupted to say: "I'm so bored with race."Howe responded: "You're entitled to be bored by it. I am not."Rivers went on to say she thought race should be irrelevant, and intermarriage should be common."Race doesn't mean a damn thing — it's about people," she said.After host Libby Purves remarked that Rivers was espousing "an American approach," Howe condemned the U.S. as "the most savagely racial places in the world."After a back-and-forth over the nature of hatred, and a discussion of the film about Howe, the discussion turned angry when Howe tweaked Rivers, referring to "Caribbean children, since black offends Joan."Rivers exploded."How dare you say that! You know nothing about me," Rivers said.Howe revised his comment to say, "the use of the term black offends you.""Where the hell are you coming from? You have got such a chip on your shoulder," Rivers said. "Don't you dare call me a racist! I want an apology from you."As Purves tried to mollify Rivers, saying she didn't think Howe was making a personal comment about the comedian, Rivers became increasingly angry."This is a problem in your stupid head," Rivers told Howe, and then accused him of abandoning his responsibilities as a father. "Where were you when he was growing up?"Purves again tried to smooth the waters."I have great sympathy with both sides," Purves said, "but I am starting to feel like Oprah.""Both sides? Then you're a racist," Rivers said, stunning the host into momentary silence as Rivers continued, calling Howe a "son of a bitch."After Howe said he did not think Rivers was a racist, Rivers said: "Thank you. Please continue about your stupid film."The exchange can be heard on the program's website, www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/midweek.shtml.

Really? I think she's funny. And I, too, would be furious if I were trying to make a point about race being irrelevent and someone insulted me and hinted that I was a racist! Granted, I don't know if she even belongs to the Human race, at this point; all that plastic surgery has left her looking more alien than human. But, at least she has the good grace to mock her own addiction to the surgeon's scalpel...

NY Daily News

Joan Rivers is defending herself now that a British author accused her of being a racist.

The trouble started on Wednesday when Rivers went on a BBC morning radio show with Darcus Howe, who was promoting a book about his relationship with his mixed-race son.

Rivers taunted that Howe's book sounded tedious because she was "so over race." Howe fired back that the comic was bigoted — "black offends Joan."

Calling him a "son of a b—," Rivers said, "Don't you dare call me a racist! I want an apology from you."

She didn't get one. She did get some love from some Brits.

"I walk down the street and people have been snapping their fingers and yelling out, 'You go girl,'" she told us from London yesterday.

"He came at me but he got the wrong chicken," Rivers went on. "I was there to talk about important things, like what I was wearing.

"I won't even go into the fact that I surround myself with all kinds of people.

"Just walk into my office. It's like the United Nations."

(Pagesix.com)JOAN FIGHTS BACK CAUSTIC comic Joan Rivers exploded at a British pundit who accused her of being a racist on live BBC radio. Trinidad-born social commentator Darcus Howe opined that "black offends Joan" after Rivers declared she was "bored with race" during a heated discussion on the Radio 4 program Wednesday. "Don't you dare call me a racist!" Rivers cried. "Son of a bitch!" Howe later retracted his remark, but Rivers' feathers remain ruffled. "I don't know what the hell this wacko was talking about," she told PAGE SIX. "In my youth I slept with everybody. It's a miracle that [my daughter] Melissa is white."

:D True!! I can't believe that I'm having a dry spell and Joan Rivers got to screw everyone! Life ain't fair sometimes.

(MSNBC.COM) . . Joan Rivers has a colorful response to a charge that she’s a racist. “Yeah right,” she quipped. “I don’t care whether you’re white or black or yellow or green, so long as you can do my hair!”

EOnline.comLOVE MACHINE: Joan Rivers putting up her profile on Match.com in the hopes of meeting an eligible bachelor between the ages of 65 and 75.

She's very funny, but I wonder if her match.com profile says, "Alien, looking for love." I mean, girlfriend has really F*cked up her face with all that surgery!

Chorus Line's Singular Sensation

Joan Rivers loved it as much as she did on opening night 25 years ago. So did Liza Minnelli, who’s either had a new face lift or is doing something unusual with makeup.

The revival of Michael Bennett’s “A Chorus Line” was so hot last night that it also drew Sarah Jessica Parker, Rosie O'Donnell with partner-wife (depending on which state you’re in) Kelli Carpenter O'Donnell and Joy Behar.

Not only that: original members of “A Chorus Line” Kelly Bishop, Priscilla Lopez and Donna McKechnie were on hand to watch a new generation of actors play roles they invented and played but were never paid for.

Bishop and Lopez (respectively, the original Sheila and Morales) said at the end: “These actors are in their 20s. When we did it we were in our 30s. That’s the difference. We’d already paid a lot of dues.”

But all three ladies agreed that Charlotte D'Amboise, playing McKechnie’s original role, was dazzling. She’s worth the price of the whole show, even if she seems considerably older than the rest of the cast.

A weird note: despite the incredible enthusiasm for “A Chorus Line” during the performance —loud cheering and clapping after each number — the actors did not take the customary opening night curtain call.

Usually on opening night, when a show concludes, photographers are sent to the lip of the stage, flowers are presented to the actors, and the creators — in this case, composer Marvin Hamlisch — take a bow with the cast and the director.

But last night, after the exuberant and still breathtaking closing number, the lights went up and that was that. It was a little odd, to say the least.

Before and after the show — there was pretty lavish party held at the Palace Hotel in the old Le Cirque space — there were many remembrances of the creation of “A Chorus Line".

For one thing, actress Marsha Mason — then married to playwright Neil Simon — is credited with insisting that the ending be changed. It was.

And Simon, after seeing the debut at the tiny Public Theater, took the whole script home and “tweaked it,” says the widow of late librettist Ed Kleban.

The version of “A Chorus Line” that opened last night is never going to meet the expectations of those who knew it in 1975.

Joan Rivers told me last night, “Edgar and I flew in for the opening at the Public. It was sold out, so we sat on the stairs.”

Hamlisch, who wrote the brilliant and lasting score — it sounded even better last night — said he wasn’t surprised the show had held up.

“You can’t do anything to do it. It’s a classic.”

But a new generation of young people who have perhaps tired of “Rent” should find “A Chorus Line” to be enlivening.

The show, as such, was the original model for “American Idol,” in a way. That idea alone should draw new crowds.

Rivers Loses Purse in Bag Swap

Comedienne Joan Rivers lost an antique purse belonging to her late mother when her goody bag was switched at a recent New York City charity bash. Rivers tucked the priceless purse away so she could pose for photographs at the New York Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Children event on Monday, but picked up the wrong bag afterwards and someone else walked off with the heirloom. She tells PageSix.com, "Some lucky lady is going to say, 'Look at this! It's got money, Joan Rivers' lip gloss, a compact - this is some goodie bag!'"

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rivers Replaced by Rinna on Red Carpet

Joan Rivers is being replaced by Lisa Rinna as TV Guide Channel's leading red-carpet host. The actress will make her debut at the Emmy Awards on Sept. 16, the network said Wednesday.

Rivers, 73, and her daughter, Melissa, launched TV Guide Channel's red-carpet programming in January 2005. They had previously appeared as red-carpet hosts on E! Entertainment.

"TV Guide Channel is very appreciative of Joan and Melissa Rivers' contributions to the success of our red-carpet programming over the past three years," Ryan O'Hara, president of TV Guide Channel, said in a statement. "We wish them the best in their future endeavors."

Rinna, 43, recently appeared on ABC's dance competition, "Dancing With the Stars." She starred on "Melrose Place" and "Days of Our Lives."

"Lisa has the perfect mix of charisma, poise and experience to lead our live red- carpet coverage at the major industry award shows," O'Hara said. "In addition to being an established TV star, she also has fashion expertise as both a business person and commentator, so she is a great fit for this role and for our brand."

Rivers, meanwhile, is staying mum.

"I will tell you my true feelings and experiences as soon as we finalize our new deal," she said in a statement released by her spokeswoman, Judy Katz.

Katz didn't provide further details.

___

Gemstar-TV Guide is the operator of the TV Guide Channel.

___

On the Net:

TV Guide Channel:

http://www.tvguide.com/

Joan Rivers:

http://www.joanrivers.com/

Lisa Rinna:

http://lisarinna.com/

(Pagesix.com)

Carpet Clean-up

JOAN and Melissa Rivers' Red Carpet Report on AOL, with more than 1.4 million hits in its first four hours, was the second-most watched program on AOL the day after the Academy Awards. While everyone else's red-carpet numbers were down significantly, including Ryan Seacrest on E! and Lisa Rinna and Joey Fatone on TV Guide, AOL set a new record with mother and daughter Rivers. "The Internet superhighway is now covered in red carpet," said Rivers, "and with my luck, my new contract will also have me vacuuming it."